Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #1
Fatal_Reactor
Learning the Ropes

Default New to yugioh looking for cheap competitive deck ideas.

I was wondering what some cheap competitive decks were that are floating around right now.

I was thinking about building chaos dragons... but I dont even know where to start with a deck like that
Fatal_Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:37 PM   #2
Siba Jun

Everyone Here Says Chaos Dragus Or Dark Woilds Or Gravekeepas.

Be A Hipster. Use Agents.
Siba Jun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:00 PM   #3
Galliw
Pojo Veteran

Final countdown and chain burn both cheap and good (people will hate you)
Galliw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:20 PM   #4
Bleakdragon55
The Jewish Pika-G!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatal_Reactor View Post
I was wondering what some cheap competitive decks were that are floating around right now.

I was thinking about building chaos dragons... but I dont even know where to start with a deck like that
Well, this highly depends on what you mean by "cheap". What is your budget that you want to spend? I.E.: Whats the max you can spend?

Chaos Dragons is pretty cheap right now. You can buy 3 of the starter deck, 3 Solar Recharge, and some other staples and basically have the entire main deck, and you only need to pick up a Five-Headed Dragon and maybe some xyz monsters to have the extra.

Dark Worlds are also cheap as well. Same as chaos dragons where you need 3 of the structure deck and some other cards like Dragged Down into the Grave and Reckless Greed along with staples to have the main deck complete. however, Dark Worlds really don't need an extra deck.

For the best deck ideas, I would just browse the TCG Strategy section and read some of the threads. Then take some of the decks you find interest in and try them out on Dueling Network. Once you find the exact build you like, find the cards online and build the deck!

Pokemon Y Friend Code: 1650-2224-9284
Back to Trading! Hit me Up!
Bleakdragon55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:42 AM   #5
boots88
hehe boobs

look at it this way, if you run a commonly played budget deck like dragons people would've learned how to play against them by now and if you are playing a budget deck people will easil Don't play dragons unless you are willing to buy a full extra deck and all the necessary staples.
boots88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:04 PM   #6
jtm94
Pojo Veteran

I built a synchro gigavise deck for around $60 with close to the full extra and complete staples and it's fun to play.

I built a chain burn deck for approximately $25 with everything and it beats a lot of things consistently. Make sure you get 3 Macro Cosmos for the side deck to wreck many decks. Beware people will get mad if you overuse burn and will find cards to make your life hard.

As of right now you could build a Sea Lancer deck for approximately $30 to have a complete deck with xyz monsters. May be $35 if you decide to go for 3 Caius and a tad more for Obelisk. My deck isn't complete, but I have a dry skeleton and it beats my friends pretty easily. Can be very competitive if you use it right.

My friend has a Machina Geartown deck that doesn't do bad that I would say could be built for around $25

You could make a chaos dragon deck on the cheap, but staple traps and multiples of the monsters can get costly.

I think most people are moving on from Dark World at the moment, and there are some really nice hand control variants with cards like Forced Requisition that can do well against many things. Again, staples can cost you, but the basic skeleton is fairly cheapish.

Agents aren't bad and are pretty forgotten about on competitive levels, but they still pack some punch.

Other decks that are interesting are Morphtronic and perhaps rock stun could be done for a little more.

If you have any questions just ask.
And if you do decide to go with a structure, don't buy 3 structures, just buy singles on tcgplayer or ebay depending which is cheaper. Buying 3 structure decks is wasteful and lazy and typically always more expensive.

Last edited by jtm94 : 05-22-2012 at 04:06 PM.
jtm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:51 PM   #7
applestrudel
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm94 View Post
I built a synchro gigavise deck for around $60 with close to the full extra and complete staples and it's fun to play.

I built a chain burn deck for approximately $25 with everything and it beats a lot of things consistently. Make sure you get 3 Macro Cosmos for the side deck to wreck many decks. Beware people will get mad if you overuse burn and will find cards to make your life hard.

As of right now you could build a Sea Lancer deck for approximately $30 to have a complete deck with xyz monsters. May be $35 if you decide to go for 3 Caius and a tad more for Obelisk. My deck isn't complete, but I have a dry skeleton and it beats my friends pretty easily. Can be very competitive if you use it right.

My friend has a Machina Geartown deck that doesn't do bad that I would say could be built for around $25

You could make a chaos dragon deck on the cheap, but staple traps and multiples of the monsters can get costly.

I think most people are moving on from Dark World at the moment, and there are some really nice hand control variants with cards like Forced Requisition that can do well against many things. Again, staples can cost you, but the basic skeleton is fairly cheapish.

Agents aren't bad and are pretty forgotten about on competitive levels, but they still pack some punch.

Other decks that are interesting are Morphtronic and perhaps rock stun could be done for a little more.

If you have any questions just ask.
And if you do decide to go with a structure, don't buy 3 structures, just buy singles on tcgplayer or ebay depending which is cheaper. Buying 3 structure decks is wasteful and lazy and typically always more expensive.
there are good structure decks, if you buy 3 dragons collide. I hear thats pretty good
applestrudel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 08:02 PM   #8
Fatal_Reactor
Learning the Ropes

I was just thinking about getting a lot of RA Yellow Mega Packs building EHEROS, and Lightsworn. I bought 7 packs and pulled

Secret:
Necro Gardna
Super Polymerization
Hero Flash
Destiny Draw
R Righteous Justice
Crystal Beacon

Ultra:
Dimensional Prison
Miracle Fusion
Instant Fusion
H Heated Heart
Lumina Lightsworn Summoner
The Six Samurai Yaichi
Jain Lightsworn Paladin
Gladiator Proving Groud

Super:
Destiny Signal
Hero Blast
Hero Signal
Crystal Beast Amber/Topaz/Cobalt

others:

Judgement Dragon
E Hero Fusions
Lightsworn Warrior 2x
Fatal_Reactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:25 AM   #9
buttkraken

u should look into lancerfrogs

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1049458
buttkraken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #10
necropuddi
Master of Tier 1.8

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttkraken View Post
Wait until Battle Packs for that. Monarchs will drop. Obelisk will drop. Gachis will (probably) become dirt.
necropuddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:58 AM   #11
Doogmiester98

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm94 View Post

I use Morphtronics commonly and consistently place at locals, Run Radionx2
3 Boarden 3 Boomboxen with staplenx3 and Remoten,lantron or scopen for effect. The idea is One turn Kill by synchroing Power Tool Dragon with Boarden in attack for his effect, before your big move u need 2-3 Boarden on the field to stop your monster being destroyed. That should help and Good luck.
Doogmiester98 is offline   Reply With Quote