Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! Tournament Reports
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 03:14 PM   #1
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

Rsforstar is on a distinguished road
Default YCS Chicago Top 32 with Gravekeepers

Hey guys I'm Tyler . Uhmm bit about myself.. been playing the game for almost about 2 1/2 years and started attending large events beginning with nats 2010 and started to go to them more frequently middle of last year. I bubbled YCS Ohio with Fusion Gate heros, and bubbled Dallas 2 weeks ago with loop-ups. I guess that's all there is for that.

Going into the event I realized a few things, one is that I planned on switching decks last second as always, and two is that I am bound to be on the bubble. Dalton Bousman has been testing a bunch of stuff helping me out and I was opting to take an even more rouge deck then GK's, but soon learned it got killed on by dragons ect. He kept telling me to play gks and after realizing that it auto wins basically vs heros and dragons, and then my build/side made rabbit extremely easy as well, it was a great meta call I believe. The other part to it was since I knew I would be on the bubble, as I'm unable to be x-1 going into round 11, I had to play a consistent deck to win on the bubble this time.

Got into town late friday night, stayed up all night in my hotel room talking theory with Bousman and Tray and others, or random stuff, I can't remember. Headed to the event Saturday with only the main event on my mind.

My memory is pretty foggy so I will probably clump a bunch of rounds together and forget details of games, I didn't really consider writing a tournament report so I didn't bother to commit much to memory. If you played me feel free to help me out on this. Sorry in advance.

Round 1: Tyler (GKS) vs (Photon beat down?)

Game one: Controlled the game pretty early after I torrentialed his slasher and some other photon, luckily I saw Skill Drain before winning g1 so I knew to side in MST's.

Game two: He opens up with slasher and passed I think. I open pretty mediocre with I think no monsters, necro and 2 backrow and MST. He summons photon sabe tiger and attacks, forgetting slasher can't attack with another monster. I draw and set recruiter along with MST to his 2 photons and 1 backrow. He summons the other tiger, flips skilldrain, then special summons malefic cyber end. I have warning and MST set. He XYZ's into acid golem and I MST drain on the battle phase so only Malefic Cyber end can attack. I keep setting monsters and he burns out in a few turns due to acid golem.

1-0

Round 2: Tyler (GK's) vs. (Wind ups)

Game one: Shark Magician. I guard his zenamines the turn after but still can't mount a comeback after leviathan and gigabrilliant comes down.

Game two: I tribute him turn one and hit a shark and Sangan (one of 2 times I think I tributed turn one), and I see Mirror Force MST and something else. I have recruiter and some backrow. I top descendant and pop his MST, he chains it hitting necro. I thought out what I'd do depending on what I hit, and if I hit mst I was just going to search recruiter and pass, knowing he had Mirror Force. For some reason my memory blanks some times (such as my top 32 match) so I go for commandant, get necro, and attack into Mirror Force. We pass for 5 turns or so until he eventually goes off. Well I suck.

1-1

Round 3: Tyler (Gks) vs Amanda LaPalme (Disaster Dragon)

Before the round even started she was saying how she didn't care about this YCS haha, that was good to know.

Game one: Knowing what she was playing more or less, I cried when I saw 2 compulse and 2 commandants and desendant. I don't remember if I started with exactly that but I didn't have much else. I set or summong somthing t1 and pass. She sets a monster and passes. I have commandant and recruiter out, attack over totem and press for 2k. Next turn totem comes out, and removes it for REDMD. She uses it's effect for Delta Flyer, I either bottomless or compulse it.. she kills one of my monsters then smashings the other I think. I compulse red eyes at some point. Two turns later I pushed for another 4k so she's low and I go utopia. I have bottomless set. A second totem comes up and she normals Delta Flyer. If I bottomless it, red eyes will come out and I lose. She goes into brio and luckily priroity is gone, so when I BTH it, I just attack for game with utopia.

Game two: I dont remember at all, in fact I might of mixed some of g1 and g2. I just know I won.

2-1

Round 4: Tyler (Gks) vs (Chaos)

Game one: I laughed, if I don't auto win enough vs some decks, this deck is too easy. I control the game pretty early with necro. The macros are coming in!

Game 2: He starts off with piper into veiler, draws an extra card, sets one and passes. I forgot what I opened but I daulity into tribute turn 1, unfortunantely without a necro. I take tribute anyway knowing that when I get necro I auto win. I start beating down with recrutier and something else, controlling even without necro. I think he minuses going for a zenmaines, then random MST's my comuplse that I chain on it. I end up using BTH on chaos sorc and bls, lol @ ignition effects. Late game tribute doesn't do to much cuz I was winning anyway, but it helps a bit.

3-1

Round 5: I think heros? Not sure. Pretty sure I 2-0d him but yeah idk.

4-1

Round 6: Tyler (Gks) vs (Heros) - This could of been round 5

Game one: It goes back and forth a bit with me controlling most of the game, I get pretty low on monsters so I have to waist resources on his beaters. He makes 2 huge mistakes after first picking Hero Blast off duality, and then he picks ecall of a second duality with no targets.

Game two: I drew **** and get beat down with a shining that he miracle fused with 2 on-field monsters. Miracle Fusion is good vs GK's i guess..

Game 3: Maybe this was the description for game 1, I just know it was fairly back and forth. At some point he Sparks my facedown spy and I compulse it so he doesn't draw and I save my spy.

5-1

Round 7: Tyler (gks) vs (Wind ups)

I'm at table 60 and figure out my opponent is x-1-1, out of 120 x-1's I get paired down. Just my luck to get the worst tie-breakers in the world.

Game one: I think I win

Game two: He loops me turn one, reveals avarice and I scoop.

Game 3: He has 4 backrow and summons zenmaines, I have necro, recruiter, and chain/TT set. I torrential zenmaines, he chains shadow imprisoning and I chain Fiendish Chain on zenmaines. He uses lance to protect zenamines and my recruiter goes bye. I kinda got cheated because he still detached from TT and blew up chain even though it was lanced, I didn't catch it, not sure if he knew. I think I lost anyway though. Next turn I heavy, he bribes. I set commandant and pass. He passes. I set guard like an idiot. Next turn I set ryko. I flip ryko the next turn and hit shadow imprisoning, he chains torrential, and I chain my torrential to clear both counters off zenmaines. Unfortunately he had another lance.. and I lost few turns later. Might of been different had I saved the guard. idk

5-2

Round 8: Tyler (gks) vs Heros

I don't remember what happened really, easy matchup and I take control both games pretty early for a 2-0 win.

6-2

Round 9: Tyler (gks) vs (Dino rabbit)

Game one: I open pretty good and reveal my shining to him before the match. He says under his breath "hmm, heros", so I knew not to play necro right away. I set spy and 3 backrow, he summons tour guide, I chain it. I pass back to him and he normals sabersarous, and attacks into my spy thinking it was an alius. I search descendant. Next turn I use desendant to pop a backrow, then I normal summon a commdandant, having necro in hand. I attack saberserous and he kinda looks at me and says ok... I look at the field and bout kill myself after I realize I'd completely forgotten to play necro valley. I suck it up, take the damage, and play necro mp2 after minusing hard. I got over it luckily and end up still winning somehow with recruiter beatdown.

Game 2: All I remember is leviar back rabbit, 2 dinos and leviar attack for game.

Game 3: I forgot how we opened but I know he was partially in control most of the game. I wall behind a guard or something for a turn or two and top Gozen Match. Next turn he rabbits, I gozen and he has to let them die. The turn after he summons rabbit again and then after searching his deck realizes he only has 1 sabersouras left, almost as bad as my attacking without necro play. Next turn I get some GK beatdown going and he can't comeback from my gozen.

7-2

End of day one turned out how I expected, except I thought my losses would be to bad luck rather than myself. Told me it was the right deck choice atleast. Onto the bubble again...

Round 10: Tyler (Gks) vs (Inzektors)

Both games I don't remember in detail, but after letting him equip hornet then Fiendish Chain to put in grave it turned into a beatdown war and I won 2-0. Finally I played the deck my fiendish chains were meant for.

Round 11: Tyler (Gks) vs Paul Clarke (Inzektors)

On the bubble once again, it was kinda dissapointing that literally the only remotely recognizable name to me I played all weekend was on the bubble. Why couldn't that be my losses in swiss. Oh well.

Game one: A Fiendish Chain to put hornet in grave gets me control early then I trade recruiters with his hoppers and narrowly win after I have to solemn his Safe Zone.

Game two: he gets a tour guide into Sangan. I spy into recruiter.. or have recruiter and spy set, idk, but I kill tour guide and pass. He rams Sangan into recruiter and I flip macro, he was pretty upset. in reality I needed to not do that until later so I could get recruiter off and go for necro, but I coulnd't let him search hornet. He sets dragonfly to wall. The field is his 3 backrow and 2 cards in hand with a dragonfly in defense, I have recruiter out, flip spy and search descendant with no cards in hand, and my backrows are macro, Royal Tribute, compulse, and MST. He flips torrential when descendant hits the field. I could compulse spy, mst my macro, search commandant go necro, set spy then flip tribute and hopefully he would have monsters, simplyfing the game state and more than likely his backrows werent too great. I opted not to risk killing macro however and just compulsed my spy. A turn or two later he summons dragonfly and uses effect, he should of MST'd before it resolved but ended up letting hornet hit the field before he used MST on my macro, I chain MST on his hornet so it would still get banished but he has the other MST to chain again on the macro. Centipede comes out, I bottomless it, and he has Call Of The Haunted for game.

We look at the clock and it says 7 minutes so I side out all of my solemns.

Game 3: I open up decent with macro, starlight, necro, Royal Tribute, maybe a compulse. If I did have compulse, he mst'd it I think. Kinda mad I had no monsters when we were close to time. All I hit is hornet and I see torrential and double smashing and warning. He sets and passes. I set recruiter I believe and pass. A turn or two later, he summons dragonfly and has a second hornet. I flip macro and he warnings it. After the chain resolves I mst the hornet before he can pop necro, so all he can do is go centipede into zenmaines. I know he has torrential so I summon commandant trying to bait it into my starlight, he let's it go through.. hah. Atleast he used smashing next turn so it traded. Next turn time is called and he summons tour guide, he thinks for a minute wether to use torrential or not, I had the starlight so I assume he didn't reading the starlight, as clearing my monster and beating down with Sangan/zenamines would of almost ensured he won in time. He goes leviathan, attacks recruiter and then zenmaines hits for 1500. I set recruiter again, set Mirror Force and pass. He enters battle phase and I MST and hit Safe Zone. He attacks and I Mirror Force leviathan and a material off zenmaines. He pops my recruiter, I search another, set it and next turn win by 500 life points. Phew... didn't want to win in time but to be fair I sided out my solemns for a reason after seeing the clock.

Pretty excited I finally topped, I didn't care much to make it past top 32 first time. It would of been nice, but I just wanted to top once at least, worry about winning later.

My top 32 feature match is online. I can tell you straight up I'm terrible. g1 I ****ed up hard, I read lance and wanted to push for game so I waisted my warning and he pushed for game even though I had huge advantage, plus 3 spys ready to be set. Game 2 I opted to play very passive and dwindle him down, it worked and even though I won in time, my field was judgment, warning, and spy set. I was winning regardless. Game 3 is just pathetic. If you notice I have starlight set the entire time and don't summon for game.. then I'm given another chance and instead of just attacking with descendant and guard I use the effect to dodge snowman, veiler ****s on me and I feel like a *******. Oh well, imagine how I would of done if I played better haha.

http://www.konami.com/yugioh/blog/?p=9085

Did some deck profiles.. walked around and that was pretty much the end of my weekend. Here's one of them. Just hoping to do better at Philly.

Sorry it's a bit long.. they told me it didn't matter how long it was.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkvIiycDa1M

Decklist: 42

monsters: 15
3 Gravekeepers Commandant
3 Gravekeepers Spy
3 Gravekeepers Recrutier
2 Gravekeepers Guard
2 Gravekeepers Descendant
1 Gravekeepers Assailant
1 Sangan

spells: 12

3 Duality
3 Necro Valley
2 Royal Tribute
1 Dark Hole
1 Book of Moon
2 Gravekeepers Stele

Traps: 15

3 Fiendish Chain
2 compulse
2 Solemn Warning
2 Starlight Road
2 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment
1 Mirror Force

Side:

3 MST
1 Heavy
2 ryko
1 snowman
3 Macro
2 Light imprisoning Mirror
2 Dimensional Prison
1 gozen match

Last edited by Rsforstar : 12-07-2013 at 10:00 PM.
Rsforstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:38 PM   #2
OFWGKTA
ImDaBes

OFWGKTA is on a distinguished road

Glad you topped I guess I need to start playing Bousman.dek

***Previously known as itswhatever0***

trades
OFWGKTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
Never4ever
Faaip De Oaid

Never4ever is on a distinguished road

Good job on topping!

You played my buddy manny, he was the dude who duality'd into ecall w/ no monsters. We lol'd about it all day. GK should've been his best match up, but this was his first YCS and obv he had some jitters going into it.

Either way, gj on breaking that bubblestreak.

Last edited by Never4ever : 04-30-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Never4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM   #4
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

Haha thanks man. Although it's defintley not a good matchup for heros.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #5
Jusner300

Jusner300 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the top!
what did you normally take out for macro?
Jusner300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 PM   #6
let_wind_go
Learning the Ropes

let_wind_go is on a distinguished road

Doesn't Macro hurt Recruiter too? Why a lonely Sangan? I find it too slow
let_wind_go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #7
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

i lose recruiter, darkworld dragons and inzektors lose their whole deck. Sangan gets spy
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 AM   #8
BLS-EOTB <3
~Amaterasu~

BLS-EOTB <3 is on a distinguished road

Isn't Amanda Lapalme Dragon Duelist Gril from YT?

"I call this jutsu, Kirin"
BLS-EOTB <3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #9
Jusner300

Jusner300 is on a distinguished road

on the bubble?
Jusner300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #10
Inconceivable
Pojo Veteran

Inconceivable is on a distinguished road

On the bright side, you topped this time! Congrats!
Old 05-02-2012, 12:47 AM   #11
blackwings1991

blackwings1991 is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the top. U lost to josh snyder at Dallas weren't u both Maining photon sabers in wind ups?
top 4 Toylynx 2011 GB
top 8 SA regional september 1st 2012 Six Samurai

my youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/deadlyfeathers91
If you believe in Christ put this in your signature
blackwings1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #12
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

If that was the guy playing wind up beasts then yeah I did lose to him. I was siding it, he was maining it.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:34 PM   #13
thefusescape II
Deck mechanic

thefusescape II is on a distinguished road

Does photon sabre come in handy?
Old 05-07-2012, 12:01 AM   #14
LexiBelleee
Admınistrator

LexiBelleee is on a distinguished road

Isn't Amanda LaPalme DDG? LOLOL
Gotta Agree with Lexi Here.
LexiBelleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:10 AM   #15
ygo pro

ygo pro is on a distinguished road

Thanks ima net deck for another budget deck to go with my dinos inzektors and e heros

Emon Ghaneian-Greatest Yugioh Player of All time
2005 SJC Los Angeles T8
2006 SJC Orlando T8
2006 SJC Columbus Champion

2006 U.S. Nationals T8
2006 SJC Denver Champion
2007 SJC Houston Champion

2007 SJC Anaheim T16
2007 U.S. Nationals T8
ygo pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #16
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

The **** is DDG? and anytime I guess.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 AM   #17
LexiBelleee
Admınistrator

LexiBelleee is on a distinguished road

DragonDuelistGirl. LOL.
Gotta Agree with Lexi Here.
LexiBelleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:33 AM   #18
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

Probably...?
Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #19
drunkrussian

drunkrussian is on a distinguished road

Amanda LaPalme is indeed Dragon Duelist Girl (DDG) on YT.

Also well done on both YCS Chicago and YCS Philadelphia (Final Countdown FTW).
Shapesnatch OTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkcrab View Post
keep krystia in the kitchen making grapha a sammich were she belongs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberzilla View Post
What does DDitG stand for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PkMn Trainer View Post
Dragged Down into the Gays
Quote:
Originally Posted by momoRX View Post
Dunkin Donuts is teh Greatest
drunkrussian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:35 AM   #20
ViciousToast
The BasedGod

ViciousToast is on a distinguished road

Where the Philly report at shun?

Also, good job.

LILBTHEBASEDGOD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor Oak View Post
Yeah, enough of this banlist nonsense. They need to go out and work on their Pokédexes.
Well you know what they say: The early bird catches the worm, or in this case the Pokémon.
ViciousToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 03:55 PM   #21
Rsforstar
Pojo Veteran

I'm writing it for ARG probably.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:16 PM   #22
DDWhorriorLady
Pojo Veteran

DDWhorriorLady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ygo pro View Post
Thanks ima net deck for another budget deck to go with my dinos inzektors and e heros
Do you still play, or are you still banned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Medjai View Post
LMAO! This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read on this site. If I sigged things, this would be it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKAK View Post
Edit: at least you're asking a mod to delete your spam. I wish 10,000 more members would do this on a regular basis.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merovingian View Post
Who are we kidding? This game is one big time-waster. I just make an obvious display out of it.
DDWhorriorLady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 09:39 PM   #23
Vizier Defiant

Vizier Defiant is on a distinguished road

Nice report, glad to see Gk's doing well! Good luck man, it's fun to see someone topping with non-meta decks.
I misplay my misplays.
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/...zgetsowned.png<-What happens when someone tries to drop Gorz on me.
Vizier Defiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:08 PM   #24
NewBrine

NewBrine is on a distinguished road

Why dont you use Malefic Stardust Dragon? All gravekeepers I have played used him
NewBrine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 08:45 PM   #25
yugiohchamp
OJAMA 4 LYFE

yugiohchamp is on a distinguished road

nigga dis report is from like 5 months ago he clearly wouldnt play the exact same list anymore

97 local tops
84 local wins
1 regional x-3 getting 53rd out of 116
1 regional x-2 getting 33rd out of 138

my dream is to one day get an invite to nationals
yugiohchamp is offline   Reply With Quote