Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #1
HiTsUgAy4

Default Lancer Frogs [RL - Budget]

Hi!
Yesterday I got 2 Sea Lancers, and as I already had all the frogs needed, I decided to make a Sea Lancer deck...
The deck is only 40 cards, and for those who don't know how to play it, here's a quick guide:
Get Swap Frog a.s.a.p, summon it, send Ronintoadin to the Grave, send Poison Draw Frog and/or Dupe Frog, start banishing with Ronintoadin, summon Treeborn Frog (the one you previously sent to Grave with Swap Frog), tribute it to Summon Sea Lancer and equip all the banished, make 2 Gachi Gachi's and have a nice 3100 atk beater who will give you a draw each time it would be destroyed...
You should be able to do that in the first 3~5 turns, so the thing is don't get Swap veilered...

Decklist:

Monsters (26)

3x Sea Lancer (0,79)
3x Effect Veiler (8,99)
3x Swap Frog (0,29)
3x Ronintoadin (0,25)
2x Dupe Frog (0,25)
2x Poison Draw Frog (0,25)
2x Mother Grizzly (0,5)
2x Caius the Shadow Monarch (6,49)
2x Light and Darkness Dragon (0,99)
2x Tragoedia (1,99)
1x Treeborn Frog (2,29)
1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness (6,49)

Total: Around $60

Spells (14)

3x Mystical Space Typhoon (0,99)
3x Enemy Controller (0,39)
2x Creature Swap (0,25)
2x Salvage (1,04)
1x Heavy Storm (0,99)
1x Dark Hole (4,99)
1x Monster Reborn (4,99)
1x Pot of Avarice (3,49)

Total: About $20

Extra Deck (5)

3x Gachi Gachi Gantetsu (1,99)
2x Number 96: Dark Mist (3,99)

Total: About $15

TOTAL: Around $95

So, 95 for this deck is kinda expensive, but Caius, Gorz, Tragoedia and the staples are splashable, and if they are too expensive for you, you can replace them for cards that you like and are cheaper, or just Caius for Raiza, Thestalos, Mobius or Zaborg.
I'm going to explain why I play some cards and that stuff...
3 Sea Lancer is obvious, you want it asap in the hand. 3 Swap, for deck thining and also because it sends all your frogs to grave, you can send up to 7 or 8 frogs in one turn with Salvage. 3 Ronintoadin, is because it has 2000 def, and also you need it in the Grave very quick, 3 Veiler, no explanation here... 2 Dupe, I have to search, and once I performed the Lockdown, also, if is equipped to Lancer, I get the search, so is very useful. 2 Poison Draw, only to banish them and equip with Sea Lancer. 2 Treeborn, is the tribute fodder, I don't like using Ronintoadin for tribute, also I can tribute him to LaDD, Caius or some random Tragoedia/Gorz. Light and Darkness, I love him, I've won a lot of games against Inzektors and Rabbit thanks to him, and I also get the Sea Lancer for free when someone does a -3/4 to kill him. Gorz and Trago are only to stop OTK's, and also Trago can be useful to control opp monster's or to XYZ. I play Chaos Sorcerer as a random tech, and I'm thinking of taking him out and put Birdman, but I'll need more synchros...
Triple E-Con to make the combo with Treeborn, or just to grab an Utopia, and make C39. 3 MST is so great, I need to play 3 against control decks, because Heavy may hit a Starlight Road. 2 Creature Swap, I get a monster for a Treeborn in attack position, AWESOME :3. 2 Salvage, I can send even more frogs to the grave, and also can grab again a Sea Lancer. The rest are staples...
3 Gachi Gachi, and if I were able to use 4 or 5 I'd also use it.
Right now I'm missing 2 Veilers, 2 Creature Swap, 1 Sea Lancer, 1 Gorz and the 2 Poison Draw, but it's ok to use proxys to test, so I don't care, I'll wait

Please tell me any suggestions, feedback, and rate & comment.

PS: Don't say 3 Poison Draw.

Additional Comment:

Bump? .

Additional Comment:

Help! .

Last edited by HiTsUgAy4 : 04-10-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
HiTsUgAy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
DTSharingan

Looks ok, it's pretty standard. I play Lancer Frogs as well, and from my experience Creature Swap doesn't work that well this format because every deck leaves a little guy next to the boss monster so the major part of the time you won't be able to get a big monster with it. Still, is personal preference.

IMO 3 Ronintoadin gets kinda cloggy and 2 Poison Draw Frogs can lead to dead draws. What I've found to be more consistent is 3 Dupe Frog, 1 Poison. With more Dupe you get to search for Swap if needed, plus it's still a 2000 DEF body. It's preference again.

How has Chaos Sorcerer been working for you? I haven't tested it but it could work. What I want to suggest is Obelisk the Tormentor. This beast wrecks Inzektors like there's no tomorrow. It cannot be targeted with Hornet, so the only way they can get over it is Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force or Catastor. It's helped me alot against them, to the point I might try a second one.

I've been teching a Debris Dragon to gain acces to Black Rose, Stardust, Gungnir or Scrap Dragon if needed. It's a great option for versatility, you should try it out.

What's your win/loss record with it? Overall it's really good. My changes would be:

-1 Poison Draw Frog
+1 Dupe Frog

-1 Chaos Sorcerer
+1 Obelisk the Tormentor (if you wanna try it out)

-1 Ronintoadin
+1 Debris Dragon (If you wanna try it out)

Hope this helps. Good luck with the deck and have fun !

DTSharingan

If you believe in God and are not afraid to say it, put this in your sig! Remember people, God is great!

Last edited by DTSharingan : 04-02-2012 at 11:12 PM.
DTSharingan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #3
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTSharingan View Post
Looks ok, it's pretty standard. I play Lancer Frogs as well, and from my experience Creature Swap doesn't work that well this format because every deck leaves a little guy next to the boss monster so the major part of the time you won't be able to get a big monster with it. Still, is personal preference.

IMO 3 Ronintoadin gets kinda cloggy and 2 Poison Draw Frogs can lead to dead draws. What I've found to be more consistent is 3 Dupe Frog, 1 Poison. With more Dupe you get to search for Swap if needed, plus it's still a 2000 DEF body. It's preference again.

How has Chaos Sorcerer been working for you? I haven't tested it but it could work. What I want to suggest is Obelisk the Tormentor. This beast wrecks Inzektors like there's no tomorrow. It cannot be targeted with Hornet, so the only way they can get over it is Dark Hole, Torrential Tribute, Mirror Force or Catastor. It's helped me alot against them, to the point I might try a second one.

I've been teching a Debris Dragon to gain acces to Black Rose, Stardust, Gungnir or Scrap Dragon if needed. It's a great option for versatility, you should try it out.

What's your win/loss record with it? Overall it's really good. My changes would be:

-1 Poison Draw Frog
+1 Dupe Frog

-1 Chaos Sorcerer
+1 Obelisk the Tormentor (if you wanna try it out)

-1 Ronintoadin
+1 Debris Dragon (If you wanna try it out)

Hope this helps. Good luck with the deck and have fun !

DTSharingan
Thanks for the advice
The only thing I'm telling you I won't test is Debris Dragon because I don't have the money for more synchros, I only have Stardust, Rose and Formula. I like the idea of 1 Obelisk the Tormentor as a boss monster, and Chaos Sorcerer never shows, I only had him once.
My win/loss is: Rabbit 1/3, Inzektors 3/2, Wind-Up 1/2, other decks (DW, GB's, GK's, anti-meta stuff, ninjas, etc.) 6-3. So overall was pretty nice, I lost with GK's and Ninjas, Inzektors is the most played deck, so with Lancer and Poison Draw equiped I get a draw or a search, it's nice. I play 3 Ronintoadin after testing 2, but I liked 3 because it's out early, and if they don't have Photon Thrasher or a card with 2050+ I have a great defense, just like with Dupe, but Ronintoadin is the key here...

I'm going to test those changes (Obelisk and Dupe), thanks!
Old 04-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #4
Sangi
The get "Tuff" Vet

Only 2 Caius.

Why?
Old 04-03-2012, 06:41 AM   #5
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangi View Post
Only 2 Caius.

Why?
Hmm... Because is Sea Lancer and not Frognarchs?
And I rather put 2 and 2 LaDD that are way better, than have 3 Caius and 1 LaDD
Old 04-03-2012, 06:50 AM   #6
Sangi
The get "Tuff" Vet

Frognarchs run more then just 3 Caius.

Just cut the Sorc and run 2 Ladd 3 Caius. Only Chaos monster worth splashing for is BLS.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sangi View Post
Frognarchs run more then just 3 Caius.

Just cut the Sorc and run 2 Ladd 3 Caius. Only Chaos monster worth splashing for is BLS.
I know that Frognarchs run more than, but also they only focus on summoning Monarchs, while here I focus on banishing Dupe's and Poison Draw's for the Sea Lancer, also the Frog engine is huge here, while in Frognarchs it only needs 1 Ronintoadin, 3 Swap Frog and 2 Treeborn Frog, the rest is optional...
And 3 Caius no, sometimes it gets stuck the Sea Lancer or Caius, so I'll leave him there.
Also I know that BLS is the best Chaos monster, but is about $50, so is Chaos Sorcerer or another tech, because I don't really like 3 Caius.

Additional Comment:

Bump !

Additional Comment:

Bump!! ! !

Additional Comment:

Bump!!! ! !

Additional Comment:

Bump!!! !

Additional Comment:

Bump! !!!!!!!!!!

Additional Comment:

Bump!! ! ! !

Last edited by HiTsUgAy4 : 04-09-2012 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-09-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
boots88
More like..boobs88

Don't get your values from TNT unless you're actually planning to buy from there. Do you have any good synchro monsters? I would consider running birdman. Wigglytuff is right, cut the chaos Sorceror
boots88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:42 PM   #9
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots88 View Post
Don't get your values from TNT unless you're actually planning to buy from there. Do you have any good synchro monsters? I would consider running birdman. Wigglytuff is right, cut the chaos Sorceror
Yup, I've already cut it, I added 2 Mother Grizzly, I cut him and 1 Treeborn Frog, I like Birdman, but I don't have any good synchros, that's why I don't play him, I like him more than Mother Grizzly...
And I use TNT to get the values, but then I buy from eBay or TNT... I think that in eBay is cheaper xD.

PS: On DN Birdman is great, I use him to reuse Caius, LaDD, and Locomotion R-Genex or Armory Arm, just is great.

Additional Comment:

Bump!!Ş!!ń

Last edited by HiTsUgAy4 : 04-10-2012 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-10-2012, 05:48 PM   #10
Seikah

Always liked a single Treacherous Trap Hole if you're not running any other traps anyway.
Seikah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 05:59 PM   #11
boots88
More like..boobs88

I mean for values when you're trading, they're a bit high.

Birdman is pretty cheap though, its possibly one of the best tuners in the game.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:27 PM   #12
KattobinguPanda

Definitely needs oh f!sh and Horn of the Phantom Beast. They break the deck.
KattobinguPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #13
HiTsUgAy4

Updated!
-1 Treeborn Frog
-1 Chaos Sorcerer
+2 Mother Grizzly

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KattobinguPanda View Post
Oh F!sh! sucks because it reduces the targets for Sea Lancer, and Horn of the Phantom Beast is very situational, I mean, it only works with Sea Lancer and I win a lot of times without it...
Treacherous Trap Hole seems nice, but for destruction I have Caius and Sea Lancer...

Additional Comment:

Bump!!!

Additional Comment:

Bump! ! ! ! !

Additional Comment:

Majin Bump

Additional Comment:

Bump! ! ! !

Last edited by HiTsUgAy4 : 04-13-2012 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #14
boots88
More like..boobs88

Have you tried Chaos End Master?
Old 04-13-2012, 10:55 PM   #15
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots88 View Post
Have you tried Chaos End Master?
I've never heard about that card before xD
Seems nice used along with Creature Swap, but is $10... D:
I'm gonna test it at 2 on DN instead of Grizzly, I'll post the results later Thanks!!
Old 04-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #16
Surik
Questionable Taste

Quote:
Originally Posted by KattobinguPanda View Post
That's the trap build, this is the treeborn build.

For sure add an Extra Dupe Frog, IMO - take out one Creature Swap and PSD. it's not necessary to run Chaos End, but he's ok. It's just 10 though, not too much.
Old 04-23-2012, 04:28 PM   #17
HiTsUgAy4

Yesterday I went to a tournament, and even though I finished 2nd, in the finals I didn't open with Swap Frog against Inzektor-Ups, so I had to cover with Ronintoadin and a Treeborn Frog. I'm thinking of adding a 3rd Dupe Frog, as every one said, but I don't want to take out any frog or Ronintoadin. I tested it without a Typhoon yesterday, but the decks I played against were crap D:
Suggestions on what to take out?
I won't take out neither E-Con or Creature Swap.

Additional Comment:

Up and far away (?
Old 04-23-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
necropuddi
Master of Tier 1.8

Don't take out Ronintoadin.

But do try Treacherous Trap Hole. It absolutely owns. Rabbit? Nope TTH. MST? TTH if you have monsters. Wanna tune for Shi En? Nope TTH your synchro mats.

It is pretty much never ever dead if you know how the meta functions.
necropuddi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 08:47 AM   #19
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by necropuddi View Post
Don't take out Ronintoadin.

But do try Treacherous Trap Hole. It absolutely owns. Rabbit? Nope TTH. MST? TTH if you have monsters. Wanna tune for Shi En? Nope TTH your synchro mats.

It is pretty much never ever dead if you know how the meta functions.
Then tell me what should I take out

Additional Comment:

Up and far away!!

Last edited by HiTsUgAy4 : 04-24-2012 at 08:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #20
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS

When it's currency, you use a "." not a ",".
You got ripped for theveilers lol.
Overall the deck looks good, although I would like to see some synchro action going in here. Maybe an Unknown Synchron or something? Would let you utilize One for One.

Agents~Blackwings~Bujin~Infernity~Fabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Gambit View Post
So, you basically just made enemies of every vet of the forum by insulting Nagato, hahaa, have fun.
ChaosNagato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #21
HiTsUgAy4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosNagato View Post
When it's currency, you use a "." not a ",".
You got ripped for theveilers lol.
Overall the deck looks good, although I would like to see some synchro action going in here. Maybe an Unknown Synchron or something? Would let you utilize One for One.
I think Unknown Synchron is kinda useless here, because I'll always have the Treeborn there, and if not, I'd have a Monarch/LaDD. I played Frognarchs some time ago, and 1 for 1 was not very good, I used it more to bring Formula constantly using Glow-Up+Treeborn.
Oh, and I bought 3 Veilers from ORCS-ENSE to 20+5 of shipping, I didn't get *****, I posted there the right price because somebody won't have that option

Additional Comment:

Over the sea and far away

Additional Comment:

Bump!!!!!!

Additional Comment:

BumP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by HiTsUgAy4 : 04-26-2012 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost