Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2012, 07:59 AM   #1
Blast Hornet
Kazekage

Default Maxx c vs rescue rabbit

If I chain maxx c to rescue rabbit's effect, do I only draw once for the effect or once per monster summoned by the effect? I believe it's once per effect but I want to be 100% sure. Thanx!

Post something dumb and you get "The Papi"

Cool story, bro.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
Inzektors deserve to get the Rhianna treatment.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
NotEnoughGolds
Pojo Veteran

Once per effect.

if you cant see it, then LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotEnoughGolds View Post
I don't see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamezrul View Post
LOL.

/10charjsdflks
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Pewsily
Poki Draco ^_^

You can activate this effect during either player's turn by sending this card from your hand to the Graveyard. This turn, each time your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), draw 1 card. You can only activate "Maxx "C"" once per turn.

For Rabbit, both monsters are special summoned at the same time (like Gottoms Emergency Call, Double Edged Sword Technique etc) so you draw once each time a special summon occurs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberDueler View Post
My Kingdom for a Mystic Piper reprint.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #4
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS

Problem Solving text you derp.

Agents~Blackwings~Bujin~Infernity~Fabled
Quote:
Originally Posted by !Gambit View Post
So, you basically just made enemies of every vet of the forum by insulting Nagato, hahaa, have fun.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:23 AM   #5
The Chief
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosNagato View Post
Problem Solving text you derp.
Really? What is he a 'derp' for? Asking a simple rulings question? Calm down, he didn't insult anyone. People like you that hinder someone's interest in learning more rulings, so as a result you get more people who can't self-function independently, because they fear disparagement.

Anyways, yes it says each 'time', so by that context if you know the monsters aren't summoned in different time intervals, you should then realize only one card should be drawn.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:49 AM   #6
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
Really? What is he a 'derp' for? Asking a simple rulings question? Calm down, he didn't insult anyone. People like you that hinder someone's interest in learning more rulings, so as a result you get more people who can't self-function independently, because they fear disparagement.

Anyways, yes it says each 'time', so by that context if you know the monsters aren't summoned in different time intervals, you should then realize only one card should be drawn.
What makes you think I am not calm? It is not a disputable ruling. The literal interpretation of the text on the card answers his question, therefore it is not him asking a simple question but him asking a pointless question.

Quote:
So, you basically just made enemies of every vet of the forum by insulting Nagato, hahaa, have fun.
Old 04-02-2012, 10:39 AM   #7
The Chief
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosNagato View Post
What makes you think I am not calm? It is not a disputable ruling. The literal interpretation of the text on the card answers his question, therefore it is not him asking a simple question but him asking a pointless question.
Smh, he didn't know they special summon at the same time, otherwise he wouldn't of asked the question. He probably doesn't even know PST exists, like I said relax. Your efforts in calling him a 'derp' indicates you were fairly emotional. You must resent 'incompetent duelist'(hint:He's not incompetent. You're incompetent when you cannot apply something basic with respect to something reasonably interpretable, not when you don't know something basic).

Last edited by The Chief : 04-02-2012 at 11:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #8
ASOBITAI
嶺上開花

Quote:
wouldn't of
wouldn't have.

Also, problem solving card text says "Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name from your Deck", not "Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Normal Monster, then Special Summon a monster with the same name".
Old 04-02-2012, 11:50 AM   #9
ChaosNagato
The God of CHAOS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASOBITAI View Post
wouldn't have.

Also, problem solving card text says "Special Summon 2 Level 4 or lower Normal Monsters with the same name from your Deck", not "Special Summon a Level 4 or lower Normal Monster, then Special Summon a monster with the same name".
Exactly. Case closed gentlemen.

Quote:
Old 04-02-2012, 12:08 PM   #10
The Chief
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
wouldn't have.

Thanks for the correction, I learned something new today ^^.

"Problem solving card text says"...that's the problem, he may not know what PST is, as I've said before and he can't be blamed for that. My point was simply that he was ignorant, not that he was an idiot.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM   #11
ASOBITAI
嶺上開花

Quote:
The only reason you see it as 'easy' is because you already know this. For someone who doesn't know something basic it's logical they see it as something different. What does the phrase 'read two books' exactly mean to you. Read them at the same time? No. It's just that in yugioh it's predefined as resolving something simultaneously, that's all...
If one can think a little and relate simpler ideas such as drawing cards to this, it would make a lot of sense.

For example, Pot of Greed says draw 2 cards. Of course, you pick up the cards from your Deck one by one, but it's considered one simultaneous action. Likewise, however, Pot of Greed doesn't say "Draw a card, then Draw another card."
Old 04-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #12
The Chief
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
If one can think a little and relate simpler ideas such as drawing cards to this, it would make a lot of sense.

For example, Pot of Greed says draw 2 cards. Of course, you pick up the cards from your Deck one by one, but it's considered one simultaneous action. Likewise, however, Pot of Greed doesn't say "Draw a card, then Draw another card."
Considered a simultaneous action by who? By Konami, that's right. Again, on a basic level he may not know this, so he wouldn't be able to apply something he doesn't understand(i.e. their interpretation), it isn't uniform view. I'll leave it at that, time to study magnetism D:
Old 04-03-2012, 07:16 AM   #13
NotEnoughGolds
Pojo Veteran

Where's the problem-solving card text on Maxx "C"?

if you cant see it, then LOL
Quote:
I don't see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by videogamezrul View Post
LOL.

/10charjsdflks
Old 04-03-2012, 07:36 AM   #14
AntiTcb
Number XVI

Quote:
It was printed before GENF, when PSCT made its debut.
The Organization (Number XVI)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yugi0h View Post
There are no stupid questions, there are just stupid people asking a simple question for an obvious answer.
Old 04-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #15
The Chief
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
That's the point, glad you pointed that out. There is none. At least, there is no PSCT specificity that you wouldn't understand before PSCT, which is why I was explaining the possibility of one not fully understanding the term "resolution", would probably not understand those monsters would be summoned at the same time, when they are.
Old 04-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #16
RabbitUp
Team Yuyeah

This question has been answered correctly and there was no need for additional posts after this one:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pewsily View Post
You can activate this effect during either player's turn by sending this card from your hand to the Graveyard. This turn, each time your opponent Special Summons a monster(s), draw 1 card. You can only activate "Maxx "C"" once per turn.

For Rabbit, both monsters are special summoned at the same time (like Gottoms Emergency Call, Double Edged Sword Technique etc) so you draw once each time a special summon occurs.
If you want to be rude and boost your ego by correcting other people's grammar, go somewhere else.