Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2012, 03:45 AM   #1
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Default The official Gogogo guide & discussion: B**** I SAID MOVE!!!

Table of contents:
1.Theme
2.Strategy
3.Monsters
4.Support (on and off theme)
4.1.Monsters
4.2.Spells
4.3.Traps
4.4.XYZs and Synchros

Theme:
The Gogogo monsters are an archetype of Rock Earth monsters used by Yuma Tsukumo, main protagenist of Zexal, and more or less Astral, that floating, blue guy that’s kinda a rip off of Atem from season 1. They fit Yuma’s deck theme of syllable monsters, monsters with names that are annoying to pronounce. I can see that kid using earthbound immortals at some point. They appear to be based on... TBH IDK but its kinda cool in its own way... whatever it is.

Strategy:
The Gogogo monsters alone seem to play defensivly, as shown by Astral the shiny alien thingy, while setting up quick XYZ summons, otherwise the pink haired kid wouldn’t run them. Since these guys have a whole 2 monsters ATM, one wall and one reviver, there really isn’t much else to them so... moving on.
Monsters:
Quote:
Gogogo Golem
Earth
Rock/ Effect
Once per turn, this face-up Defense Position card cannot be destroyed by battle.
Atk/1800 Def/1500
The wall. He’s sorta meh but that wallin’ can be handy when revived by Giant. He can make XYZs with Giant. He’s a decent beater as well. That’s about it realy. Wall or XYZ/ Synchro Material. I say 1-2 as he’s not the main card of the archetype but he’s still needed to play Gogogo ATM.

Quote:
Gogogo Giant
Earth
Rock/ Effect
When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 "Gogogo" monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon that target in face-up Defense Position, then change this card to Defense Position. If this card attacks, it is changed to Defense Position at the end of the Battle Phase.
Atk/2000 Def/0
Now we’re getting somewhere. This guy = good. I mean you can + from the summoning, instant XYZ options or a 2000 beater for a normal summon. Must I really go in depth here? Good card = good. Run 3

Support:

On theme:

LOL! You thought XD Seriously, giant’s it.
For now XD

Off theme:

Monsters:
Quote:
Effect Veiler
Light
Spellcaster/ Effect
During your opponent's Main Phase: You can send this card from your hand to the Graveyard to target 1 face-up Effect monster your opponent controls; negate that target's effects until the End Phase.
Atk/0 Def/0
Of course she’s in here. Lv1 tuner = synchro plays + good effect = good card. + The format is in a state of ‘you don’t have this card you lose’ so you kinda have to run it if you wanna be compedative but it’s not like you have to run it realy. More like highly recomended. Run 0-3, ideal seems like 2 to me but your choice. In this deck you can get away with running 1 if you don’t mind inconsistency under space.

Quote:
Stygian Security
Dark
Fiend/ Effect
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, Special Summon 1 Level 1 Fiend-Type monster from your Deck.
Atk/100 Def/600
A floater for Lv1 fiends. Helps keep field presence and can make Lv5s and 9s easier for you. If you run it run 3. I don’t think you’ll need another Lv1 to get the third effect for a reason I will cover later.

Quote:
Galaxy-eyes Photon Dragon
Light
Dragon/ Effect
You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 2 monsters with 2000 or more ATK. During either player's Battle Step, when this card battles an opponent's monster: You can target the monster this card is battling; banish both it and this card, then any monster banished by this effect returns to the field at the end of the Battle Phase. If the monster banished by this effect was an Xyz Monster, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material the Xyz Monster had when it was banished.
Atk/3000 Def/2500
Could be a nice finisher at 1...
IDK, just thought he was worth a mention. Giant grabs giant and makes this dude. That’s about it

Quote:
Genex Ally Birdman
Dark
You can return 1 face-up monster you control to the hand to Special Summon this card from your hand and this card gains 500 ATK if it was a WIND monster you returned. If this card is Special Summoned with this effect, remove it from play when it is removed from the field.
Atk/ 1400 Def/400
Good tuner for Lv7s. Gives acess to Genex Ally Triforce who get’s an Ancient Gear effect with the gogogos. NS Giant, SS Golem, bounce Giant, SS this guy, Synch for 7. Congrates, you just +ed since you now have another Giant to NS next turn and a black rose nuke, Triforce S/T free attack or someother Lv7 thing ready to go. I want to say run 3 garneted but 2-3 is the ideal in my eyes.

Quote:
Giant Rat
Earth
Beast/ Effect
When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard: You can Special Summon 1 EARTH monster with 1500 or less ATK from your Deck, in face-up Attack Position.
Atk/1400 Def/1450
Earth searcher. Can search neither Gogogo but can help keep field presence for rank 4s like disiega and archduke. Can also search other stuff you chose to include

Spells:
Quote:
All of those staple cards.
Quote:
XYZ territory
Field spell
When an Xyz Monster battles another monster, that Xyz Monster gains 200 ATK & DEF × its Rank, during damage calculation only. If this face-up card on the field would be destroyed by a card effect, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from a monster you control instead.
You’ll be doing lots of XYZing so this can help get some power behind your monsters. Stops gravekeepers to and there's a small worry there. If you run it, run 1-3. 3 may be cloggy but results speak louder than theory. This means it needs testing.

Traps:
Quote:
Rock Bombardment
Normal Trap
Select 1 Rock-Type monster in your Deck and send it to the Graveyard. Inflict 500 damage to your opponent. Then shuffle the Deck.
Can set up plays.
That’s it. Just worth mentioning.

Extra deck:

The best part about this deck is you have acess to alot of Lv5 and 9 synchros and Rank4 XYZ. Here’s a few:

Quote:
Number 39: Utopia
Light
Rank 4
Warrior/ XYZ/ Effect
2 Level 4 monsters
When any player's monster declares an attack: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the attack. When this card is targeted for an attack, while it has no Xyz Materials: Destroy this card.
Atk/2500 Def/2000
General Rank 4 used in extra decks. He’s a decent beater with a nice little effect and since he’s Yuma’s signature card he kinda does get in here automatically. Run 1-2.

Quote:
Steelswarm Roach
Dark
Rank 4
Fiend/ XYZ/ Effect
Atk/1900 Def/0
2 Level 4 monsters
When a Level 5 or higher monster would be Special Summoned: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; negate the Special Summon and destroy it.
Good control card. Run 1 if you have it. Not realy a staple or anything. Just a good Rank4 card. Run 0-1.

Quote:
Daigusto Emeral
Wind
Rank 4
Rock/ XYZ/ Effect
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects: ●Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 3 monsters in your Graveyard; shuffle them into your Deck, then draw 1 card. ●Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 non-Effect Monster in your Graveyard; Special Summon it.
Atk/1800 def/800
I’ll be honest. I’m completly bias towards this card. I say run 2 ALWAYS! He’s so good. Easy to make, recycles your cards (including synchros AND XYZs which you’ll be burning through) and provides draw power. He recycles himself as well so infinite loop him until something one’s banished and if your run 3 that’s less a problem. He also frees up the extra deck. You don’t have to run doubles of anything in there when you can bust this guy out to recycle your extra deck back and draw a card. I call him a staple here. Run 1-3. 1 if you don’t like him, 2 is recommended and 3 if you love gusto and worry like me XD

Quote:
Lavalval Chain
Fire
Rank 4
Sea serpent/ XYZ/ Effect
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn, you can activate 1 of these effects:
● Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; send 1 card from your Deck to the Graveyard.
● Detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; choose 1 Monster Card from your Deck and put it on top of your Deck.
Atk/1800 Def/1000
Another staple. This guy sets up your combos. Easy to summon as well. Nuff said. Run 1.

Quote:
Maestroke the Symphony Djinn
Dark
Rank4
Fiend/ XYZ/ Effect
2 Level 4 monsters
Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card to target 1 face-up Attack Position monster your opponent controls; change it to face-down Defense Position. If a face-up "Djinn" Xyz Monster you control would be destroyed, you can detach 1 Xyz Material from that monster instead.
Atk/1800 Def/2300
That Stardust annoying you? Shien got you down? Looks like you need this guy. Yes, this guy can remove all your problems by haveing a Book of Moon like effect. + he has in built protection. A wall and control? Run 1-2. 2 being recomended even with Emeral at 3 you can use 2 at one for massive control and protection.

Quote:
Mist Wurm
Wind
Thunder/ Synchro/ Effect
1 Tuner + 2 or more non-Tuner monsters
When this card is Synchro Summoned, return up to 3 cards your opponent controls to the hand.
Atk/2500 Def/1500
We can make this like no one's business. With Trish gone he's harder to get but worth it. Run 1 if you have it.

Ok that’s all I got ATM. Anyone who has ideas for additions and changes let me know and I’ll add them. I’ll add to this over time and I’m not that skilled in guide making (yet) so please just bare with me.

I plan to add:
Naturia Beast
Naturia Cherries
Genex Ally Triforce
Key Mouse
Lock Cat
Armory Arm
Tinplate archduke
Kao'ki meru monsters
Vylon disiga
Gem-knight pearl
Evigishki Merrowgeist
Number 50: black corn
But Victinis gonna V-Create"

Last edited by Victinious : 03-20-2012 at 05:54 AM.
Victinious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

I don't even...
Meanwhile in Japan..... The US have cooler names than we do...
Satchmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:01 PM   #3
Piratechnik
Pirate Veteran

I didn't know two (non-boss) cards were enough to justify a deck type. At least Gagaga has support. But eh, more power to you.

" The greater the light, the greater the shadow "
Lightsworn ¦ Gusto ¦ Spellbooks ¦ Shadolls Duo Idols ¦ Ashlei "Я" ¦ Luquier "Я" ¦ AqF "Я"
Piratechnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:59 AM   #4
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratechnik View Post
I didn't know two (non-boss) cards were enough to justify a deck type. At least Gagaga has support. But eh, more power to you.
Um... Thanks?
I knwo they don't have alot (yet) but the series is still young and Yuma still has them in his deck so they should get more support eventualy.

In the mean time people are free to sub and help make these guys better. TBH I', looking at them as an engine that can have a deck based around it.
Old 03-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #5
AlexanderTheGrape

Maybe useful in a dark gaia build ( that's what i got giant etc for)
AlexanderTheGrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:40 AM   #6
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

What about a High monster Rock Stun Build?
Old 03-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #7
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatchmoToT View Post
What about a High monster Rock Stun Build?
I tried to make this but when I make stun it turns into anti-meta. I know you use the koa'ki meru rock monsters but it ended up looking like antimeta rather than stun.

Dark gaia? Maybe.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:00 PM   #8
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

Its way to earlier for you to be on Pojo....
Old 03-21-2012, 05:45 PM   #9
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Quote:
Its way to earlier for you to be on Pojo....
yeah but flooding does that.

Black corn or Photon butterfly assasin. Who's the better wall breaker?
Corn can work outside of wall breaking but butterfly's nice for if they start playing defensivly.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:53 PM   #10
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

Obviously run both.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:31 PM   #11
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Quote:
Obviously run both.
I only have room for 1 though. Decided to run Corn since he brakes more walls and can have alternative uses while Photon just get's more damage in there.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #12
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

Whats your Extra? I run Gishki, and we have a great R4 engine.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:43 PM   #13
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Finishing my build now. Just needs a Lv4 with 500 or less attack and maybe another 1 or 2 more 1 XYZ or Synchro card.

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/nAQ0V.jpg
Ok here's my build.
I can XYZ or Synch each turn with minimal set up. If I have 2 aaa's in hand I can make chain to set up more plays. The gogogos are AMAZING. I got am extra deck monster out each turn with them. Birdman bounced aaa and giants back to my hand after use so I could make a BRD or a Triforce who's just amazing! If I used a gogogo, I get am Ancient Gear monster and If i use AAA I can use him to grab the material from my grave and then I can set up another XYZ for next turn. XYZ terratory gave me the power I needed to push over stuff and when I couldn't I had Speirit reaper out to wall. With reaper out and with the amount of rank4s this deck can make with any of it's combos I cal stall with Emeral and draw. I took out the cherries and Nat beast for another tri force, 2 arcana force 0s (cause the deck plays defensivly till I can set up) and BFADD to recycle my bridmans.

Last edited by Victinious : 03-21-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-22-2012, 11:36 AM   #14
Deckcollins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victinious View Post
Finishing my build now. Just needs a Lv4 with 500 or less attack and maybe another 1 or 2 more 1 XYZ or Synchro card.

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/nAQ0V.jpg
Ok here's my build.
I can XYZ or Synch each turn with minimal set up. If I have 2 aaa's in hand I can make chain to set up more plays. The gogogos are AMAZING. I got am extra deck monster out each turn with them. Birdman bounced aaa and giants back to my hand after use so I could make a BRD or a Triforce who's just amazing! If I used a gogogo, I get am Ancient Gear monster and If i use AAA I can use him to grab the material from my grave and then I can set up another XYZ for next turn. XYZ terratory gave me the power I needed to push over stuff and when I couldn't I had Speirit reaper out to wall. With reaper out and with the amount of rank4s this deck can make with any of it's combos I cal stall with Emeral and draw. I took out the cherries and Nat beast for another tri force, 2 arcana force 0s (cause the deck plays defensivly till I can set up) and BFADD to recycle my bridmans.
Does it work?
...Does it work well?
Deckcollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #15
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

Vic, I see alot of inconsistency in that build. I think its best if we go for like a Turbo R4 build. I'm gonna go try that abomination now.

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/C7RDX.jpg

Turbo Rank 4 abomination

Last edited by Satchmo : 03-24-2012 at 08:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-02-2012, 04:56 AM   #16
Victinious
Gusto Vet

Quote:
Vic, I see alot of inconsistency in that build. I think its best if we go for like a Turbo R4 build. I'm gonna go try that abomination now.

Additional Comment:

http://i.imgur.com/C7RDX.jpg

Turbo Rank 4 abomination
Actualy it wasn't that inconsistant. The problem was setting up plays but now that's been fixed by that field spell Akoe showed me. i'll find it and add it to the opening later.
My build actualy did ok BTW.

As for your build: I like it... ALOT!!! Needs more Emeral but that's just me (he saved my life in a duel I had with my deck) Never thought about Arial and beast being another engine... taht's going in the guide... when I have a chance to up date it that is...
Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #17
Satchmo
Yung Négro Ketchum

An updated build. Haven't tested the scrap engine yet.
Old 04-06-2012, 05:22 PM   #18
VanOFFtheWaLLs

I actually tried making my own Gogogo Giant deck, I didn't test it much but I found some pretty good tech cards in Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite and Card Trooper.

For some reason it takes me a while to set up the Gogogo play but combined with Genex Ally Birdman it's beautiful.

Last edited by VanOFFtheWaLLs : 04-06-2012 at 06:23 PM.
VanOFFtheWaLLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 05:39 PM   #19
Alice
<.<Nghtmare<.<

so someone will start a zubaba and a achacha treat ?
anyway
subbing XD
and what is that xyz spell in your deck list (i can t completely read the name but i know it s xyz something)

Last edited by Alice : 04-06-2012 at 05:41 PM.
Alice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #20
Elchingon1

Ima try a rescue rabbit variant of this with rock monsteers. Plus people on DN ragequit everytime it hits field so I'll get some free wins
Elchingon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:56 PM   #21
thecicada
Tiki Vet

allofmywat.
thecicada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:15 PM   #22
Alice
<.<Nghtmare<.<

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchingon1 View Post
Ima try a rescue rabbit variant of this with rock monsteers. Plus people on DN ragequit everytime it hits field so I'll get some free wins
magnet warrior?
Alice is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:41 AM   #23
Victinious
Gusto Vet

*Remebers I made this*
*comes back ands sees more then 2-3 people*

*Feels obligated to update guide sometime when assesments aren't choking me*
The best part about Gogogo to me how much freedom you have to play around with them. Just run 3 giants and 1-3 golems and the rest is up to you
Old 05-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #24
Nanonym
Just Got Here

There's my Gogogo'Meiru deck :

Monsters : 17
3 - Gogogo Giant
1 - Gogogo Golem
2 - Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo
1 - Gaia Plate the Earth Giant
3 - Koa'ki Meiru Sandman
3 - Koa'ki Meiru Guardian
2 - Koa'ki Meiru Wall
2 - Legendary Jujitsu Master

Spells : 10
1 - Dark Hole
2 - Mystical Space Typhoon
1 - Monster Reborn
3 - Pot of Duality
1 - Book of Moon
2 - Smashing Ground

Traps : 13
3 - Skill Drain
1 - Solemn Judgment
2 - Solemn Warning
2 - Bottomless Trap Hole
1 - Mirror Force
2 - Call of the Hunted
2 - Dark Bribe

Extra Deck : Mass Xyz4 (with Gem-Knight Pearl)

Drain is powerfull here. Koa'Ki monsters work, Gogogo looses its change position effect.
Gaia is here to break big opponent monsters.

Many cards can be add (Wanghu, Burden, Solidarity, Space Mole ...)

I take any idea for that deck
Nanonym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #25
TG-AVANCE
Oh fascinating~

This guide still alive? Just wanted to ask what are your thoughts of Gogogo Ghost.

Also, I run 3 giants in my Lightsworn deck. It works wonders.

LET'S ALL TRY TO BE NICE AND CALM ON POJO SHALL WE?

My Heraldic Guide

My Umbral Guide

If you have personal problems that you wish to share, feel free to tell them to me via PM. I'll be more than happy to listen and help you out if possible.
TG-AVANCE is offline   Reply With Quote