Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #1
Dunamis
Learning the Ropes

Default Best deck for Royal Paladins

Has some sort of tier 1 competitive list been established as to what should be in a royal paladin deck? Is there some sort of deck list that I should strive for?

An example would be the deck listed in this thread. http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1035558
Is this the best Royal Paladin deck combination?

Thanks

Last edited by Dunamis : 03-19-2012 at 12:13 PM.
Dunamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 12:22 PM   #2
Eien
Banned Moderator

Another power gamer, huh? Basically read any Paladin deck that is not a budget build and it's pretty much the same with only small variation.
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #3
Amuki
More Chest

Alfred x4
Soul savor x2/3

Blaster blade x4

Isolde x4
Pongal x4

16 triggers
Barcgal

Fill in the blanks or look at some other threads
Originally Posted by Amuki View Post
Its a really big pain on my eyes to even try and read some of these posts... glad im ignored though so i can just go back to keeping this thread moderated
If you showed more chest then you'd be ignored less.
[Vanguard Trade Thread]
CARDFIGHT VANGUARD Regional Qualifiers 2013 Top 8 (Glory Maelstrom)
Amuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #4
Statistic
Pojo Veteran

Just test my deck and make personal preference changes, my build has been very good and is made purely to be competitive. It is a pricey deck [200-300$]
Statistic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
Amuki
More Chest

Do note I am going off of the highest prices for most of these cards. But

Any non budget paladin is obviously pricey a set of Alfred goes well up to 140 and the soul savors are 80 (40 each) that's the bulk of the costs. A good 220 right there the flash shields are about 20 each which makes it 300 and then the blaster blades and Barcgal add 50.
That's 350 for only part of the deck.

Llews cost 15-20 each and on average Paladins play 2 so we chalk up another 30/40 on the list. That puts the deck up to 380/400

If you were to play the super combo aichi style deck and play four Pegasus knights you would add another 10-15 per knight.

Obviously no one will be doing full max price for the cards but in this light it shows that paladins are pretty pricey. Non budget usually means at least 3 Alfred the soul savors the Llews and Barcgal/flash shields and a healthy set of blaster blades
Its a really big pain on my eyes to even try and read some of these posts... glad im ignored though so i can just go back to keeping this thread moderated
[Vanguard Trade Thread]
Old 03-19-2012, 09:12 PM   #6
Statistic
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Do note I am going off of the highest prices for most of these cards. But

Any non budget paladin is obviously pricey a set of Alfred goes well up to 140 and the soul savors are 80 (40 each) that's the bulk of the costs. A good 220 right there the flash shields are about 20 each which makes it 300 and then the blaster blades and Barcgal add 50.
That's 350 for only part of the deck.

Llews cost 15-20 each and on average Paladins play 2 so we chalk up another 30/40 on the list. That puts the deck up to 380/400

If you were to play the super combo aichi style deck and play four Pegasus knights you would add another 10-15 per knight.

Obviously no one will be doing full max price for the cards but in this light it shows that paladins are pretty pricey. Non budget usually means at least 3 Alfred the soul savors the Llews and Barcgal/flash shields and a healthy set of blaster blades
I got 4 alfreds for 80, 2 Soul Savers for 50 o.0
Old 03-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #7
Amuki
More Chest

Can anyone ever read the whole post?

I said the highest prices of those cards would lead to that
Highest being close to what my locals prices are.

The highest anyone should go for paladins are
35 Alfred
40 ssd
13 barcgal
10 for any blaster blade with a skill
20 for llew
20 for any perfect guard.
[Vanguard Trade Thread]
Old 03-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #8
Dunamis
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statistic View Post
I got 4 alfreds for 80, 2 Soul Savers for 50 o.0
lol how did you manage to swing that

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, as I needed to know the what the base pieces were and essentially build around them.

Another question though, considering the large financial investment this deck is, are there any major overhauls that will be needed to be done in the near future? Or will this provide me with a competitive deck for a while?
Old 03-20-2012, 04:56 PM   #9
Statistic
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunamis View Post

Thanks for your thoughts everyone, as I needed to know the what the base pieces were and essentially build around them.

Another question though, considering the large financial investment this deck is, are there any major overhauls that will be needed to be done in the near future? Or will this provide me with a competitive deck for a while?
Ebay :P

And it should do you justice for awhile, the next set is I believe April 28th or sometime in May. Depending on the next pack we get, it may need some tweaking, but every deck will require this regardless.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #10
Eien
Banned Moderator

Next set wont have any RPs in it.
Old 03-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #11
Amuki
More Chest

Quote:

just check the guide in my sig, should make your life easier... and make a note. Palomides is good. he keeps paladins afloat from set 3 onwards to set 5
[Vanguard Trade Thread]
Old 03-20-2012, 05:51 PM   #12
Dunamis
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eien View Post
Next set wont have any RPs in it.
Ah, yes. This is what I was interested in. Someone who knows what's coming through the japanese sets.

While it may be pointless to plan for the future, I don't want to spend 100+ on alfreds only to have them outclassed in the next set. This is good news, thanks. And Amuki your guide is very helpful, thank you.

Last edited by Dunamis : 03-20-2012 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:00 PM   #13
Eien
Banned Moderator

Quote:
Ah, yes. This is what I was interested in. Someone who knows what's coming through the japanese sets.

While it may be pointless to plan for the future, I don't want to spend 100+ on alfreds only to have them outclassed in the next set. This is good news, thanks. And Amuki your guide is very helpful, thank you.
Well, knowing Japanese sets don't make a difference in this situation since the next set we are getting is being release in ENG and JPN around the same time, so for the most part we are kinda in the dark. So, JPN Set 6 will be ENG Set 3. We are going by what has been stated in Bushiroad conferences and spoilers shown from outside sources like magazines and such.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
AlphaMagnum
Pojo Veteran

The above is true with regards to Japanese Set 6 being English Set 3. Note, however, that the RP deck will get a bit of an overhaul come English Set 4, which will presumably be Japanese Set 3.

When that set gets released Barcgal will be banned as a starting Vanguard, forcing you to choose some other starter. This happened around the release of Japanese Set 3 because a) Barcgal RPs were broken and b) the Galahad series of RP cards gets released in Japanese Set 3 to replace Barcgal-based play.
AlphaMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:37 AM   #15
Amuki
More Chest

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMagnum View Post
The above is true with regards to Japanese Set 6 being English Set 3. Note, however, that the RP deck will get a bit of an overhaul come English Set 4, which will presumably be Japanese Set 3.

When that set gets released Barcgal will be banned as a starting Vanguard, forcing you to choose some other starter. This happened around the release of Japanese Set 3 because a) Barcgal RPs were broken and b) the Galahad series of RP cards gets released in Japanese Set 3 to replace Barcgal-based play.
What do you call the sets after 1-6 are all released in english then?

the overhaul is much appreciated though. Still similar in playstyle and wastes less cards now.
[Vanguard Trade Thread]

Last edited by Amuki : 03-21-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 PM   #16
AlphaMagnum
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
What do you call the sets after 1-6 are all released in english then?
No idea. Bushiroad hasn't explained precisely what's going to happen. All we know is that JPN sets 3-5 will likely get released as English 4-6, ending in late 2012.
AlphaMagnum is offline   Reply With Quote