Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Article Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2012, 03:41 PM   #1
GanNing

GanNing is on a distinguished road
Default How to make money selling yugioh cards!

http://www.infobarrel.com/How_to_mak...g_Yugioh_Cards
How to make money selling yugioh cards! Enjoy!

This is my first article on info barrel, let me know what you guys think. Any feedback would be appreciated! =)

Last edited by GanNing : 02-23-2012 at 12:06 PM.
GanNing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #2
aylafan
Pojo Veteran

aylafan is on a distinguished road

Don't go into the mindset that you will make lots of money with Yugioh. It's a waste of time. You should just get a real job. I make more than $100 a day and that's just working for 8 hours.

Last edited by aylafan : 02-21-2012 at 05:17 PM.
aylafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 PM   #3
GanNing

No, but Yugioh is my hobby and if I could turn a profit from this then so be it. Nothing wrong with working full time and selling some cards.. =D

Additional Comment:

anybody?? Just a quick comment would really help me out...good or bad. lol

Last edited by GanNing : 02-23-2012 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-25-2012, 12:43 PM   #4
Valhalla Crux

Valhalla Crux is on a distinguished road

I believe I didn't see anything about the Ban List, and that's very important if you wanna sell cards. Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning was sold for $5 dollars when he was just rumored to be unbanned. Now he's a lot more and you could make a profit buying many of it to sell when unbanned.
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #5
ProSensei
One More Thing...

ProSensei is on a distinguished road

CEO Zero is correct. One thing also concerns the meta and foreign countries. Boosters in some countries are more expensive than others, so the meta cards become also more expensive. A good example is Maxx ''C'', it's worth about 90-100$ in eBay and you can currently sell it in Finland for 100€.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=829175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus the Pedo
Summoning CED and then not activating it's ability in priority is like getting invited to a gangbang party and not going. Seriously dude, are you high? And to all who say CED isn't going to be banned, you all FAIL! GTFO! Someone will laugh @ your posts in the future..

Last edited by ProSensei : 02-25-2012 at 01:19 PM.
ProSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 12:57 AM   #6
GanNing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSensei View Post
CEO Zero is correct. One thing also concerns the meta and foreign countries. Boosters in some countries are more expensive than others, so the meta cards become also more expensive. A good example is Maxx ''C'', it's worth about 90-100$ in eBay and you can currently sell it in Finland for 100€.
I like the idea of selling to other countries, but there is no seller protection when you sell outside of other countries so sometimes there's the risk of being scammed. There is a lot on this, but if your willing to risk it, you could make a big profit.

Additional Comment:

Going to update my article and write about the Ban list thing. Thanks for the suggestion.

Last edited by GanNing : 02-26-2012 at 12:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2012, 07:09 PM   #7
Demon_Eyes_Kyo
Pojo Veteran

Demon_Eyes_Kyo is on a distinguished road

Nothing wrong with selling yugioh cards as long as you don't rip someone off by a lot. Like profiting a dollar or two is ok as long as it's not 5-10. This format I profited by trading off my tengus and Glow-Up Bulb for windup and inzector stuff.
Demon_Eyes_Kyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #8
Pattyboo
Squiddy's #1 Fan

Pattyboo is on a distinguished road

We already have a thread for this.

[12/21/12 10:37:17 PM] Squiddoo: i am ur no. 1 fan patty boo get bak in yu gi oh
Pattyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:04 AM   #9
GanNing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyboo View Post
uh....but this is my blog, and it's not the same lol.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Eyes_Kyo View Post
Nothing wrong with selling yugioh cards as long as you don't rip someone off by a lot. Like profiting a dollar or two is ok as long as it's not 5-10. This format I profited by trading off my tengus and Glow-Up Bulb for windup and inzector stuff.

Yeah, you really don't want to rip people off. But at the same time you have to make some type of profit.

Last edited by GanNing : 03-01-2012 at 10:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2012, 01:38 PM   #10
boots88
hehe boobs

boots88 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon_Eyes_Kyo View Post
As long as you don't make up values that are obscenely low its fine to rip people off. If they don't know how much something is worth its not your problem.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:30 PM   #11
ViolentBuffalo
Chain Burn Troll

ViolentBuffalo is on a distinguished road

I've learned the hard way that the only REAL REALLY REAL way to make money in this game is getting a license from Konami, which takes years and lots of money.

And by hard way I mean flipping entire cases (my most recent was an ORCS case, where I barely ended in the black), individual sales, watching vendors overvalue the HELL out of cards because their businesses are tanking (A vendor tried to sell me a play set of SR Duality for $45), trading n00bs, etc etc.
ViolentBuffalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #12
DIYDeath
Why So Serious?

DIYDeath is on a distinguished road

I tried selling yugioh cardss for extra profit on the side, it's hard because when a card spikes in price people generally just want to rip you off on value. Good example was Fabled Raven. At one point it was a $35 card when the DW structure was released. Locally you had a hard time convincing people it was a $20 card though or if you did they wanted trade value.
DIYDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 02:27 PM   #13
Dr_JuBi

Dr_JuBi is on a distinguished road
Default wow

I hardly ever post on this site but I just had to log in and tell you how horrible you. Your article sucked so hard I won't even take the time to explain whats wrong.
Upperdeck still owes me $600 US...
Proud underpaid employee of Card Masters
Dr_JuBi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:02 PM   #14
ProSensei
One More Thing...

ProSensei is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_JuBi View Post
I hardly ever post on this site but I just had to log in and tell you how horrible you. Your article sucked so hard I won't even take the time to explain whats wrong.
Learn to spell before bashing someone's article. And please give some actual advice other than just throwing s*** to OP's face.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=829175

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus the Pedo
Summoning CED and then not activating it's ability in priority is like getting invited to a gangbang party and not going. Seriously dude, are you high? And to all who say CED isn't going to be banned, you all FAIL! GTFO! Someone will laugh @ your posts in the future..
ProSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #15
GanNing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots88 View Post
As long as you don't make up values that are obscenely low its fine to rip people off. If they don't know how much something is worth its not your problem.
This is true also, If a deal presents itself where I can get ahead maybe more than expected I will not hesitate to make it "fair".

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolentBuffalo View Post
I've learned the hard way that the only REAL REALLY REAL way to make money in this game is getting a license from Konami, which takes years and lots of money.

And by hard way I mean flipping entire cases (my most recent was an ORCS case, where I barely ended in the black), individual sales, watching vendors overvalue the HELL out of cards because their businesses are tanking (A vendor tried to sell me a play set of SR Duality for $45), trading n00bs, etc etc.
Not really, I think the old buy low/sell high thing works in yugioh. Just trade up for valuable cards and sell them on ebay. Don't try too hard to sell at locals, just keep the idea open is all.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIYDeath View Post
I tried selling yugioh cardss for extra profit on the side, it's hard because when a card spikes in price people generally just want to rip you off on value. Good example was Fabled Raven. At one point it was a $35 card when the DW structure was released. Locally you had a hard time convincing people it was a $20 card though or if you did they wanted trade value.
Yeah, again I wouldn't be too focused on selling during your locals. I would actually focus more on selling online at ebay....you will most likely get full value for your cards or close to it.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProSensei View Post
Learn to spell before bashing someone's article. And please give some actual advice other than just throwing s*** to OP's face.
Thanks for the support bro.

@Dr. Jubi,
please don't troll this thread. But some constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Last edited by GanNing : 03-08-2012 at 03:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-24-2012, 03:37 AM   #16
orange peel
Wow

orange peel is on a distinguished road

I found this very useful since Im kind of new and dont know much since Ive been away for many years. Im not trying to sel lcards, more just to figure out what to buy. What do you suggest with a 20-30 dollar budget? I just want to play for fun
Old 05-24-2012, 07:02 AM   #17
prophecy250
Untouched User

prophecy250 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange peel View Post
I found this very useful since Im kind of new and dont know much since Ive been away for many years. Im not trying to sel lcards, more just to figure out what to buy. What do you suggest with a 20-30 dollar budget? I just want to play for fun
buy 3x dark world structure or 3x dragon collide and build a deck with those. try to trade or buy with your tournament winnings dragged down (for DW), Future Fusion, five headed dragon, and Solar Recharge (for dragons).
prophecy250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #18
jtm94
Pojo Veteran

jtm94 is on a distinguished road

Has anyone ever had success in building their own starter decks??
I really want to do this.
Many of the decks in the budget section can be made realistically for half or a quarter of the price with the same exact cards, or with a still competitive twist.
I could save people money who want to get into the game, but are typically recommended to buy 3 structure decks for lackluster performance.
jtm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 08:10 PM   #19
Bobby Vang
The Fist of Shadow

Bobby Vang is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm94 View Post
Has anyone ever had success in building their own starter decks??
I really want to do this.
Many of the decks in the budget section can be made realistically for half or a quarter of the price with the same exact cards, or with a still competitive twist.
I could save people money who want to get into the game, but are typically recommended to buy 3 structure decks for lackluster performance.
They have stuff like this here...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lightsworn-B...ht_1743wt_1396
Old 07-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #20
wiselstorm
Chickie Bear Mania

wiselstorm is on a distinguished road

make the cards broken and make them 50$ or make counters which are also very expencive.
wiselstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:25 PM   #21
FlappyFish
Add me on YouTube!

FlappyFish is on a distinguished road

I feel like when people have a casual hobby they don't expect to make money off of it, they just do it because they enjoy it. I feel like card games have created this idea that you can make money off of them and that's just pathetic. I wrote an arrival on my blog about this.
FlappyFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #22
MarkValverde
The Head Thug

MarkValverde is on a distinguished road

You never make money off of Yugioh.You just sell to stop yourself from losing too much.
MarkValverde is offline   Reply With Quote