Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-15-2012, 07:59 PM   #1
Goesasu

Goesasu is on a distinguished road
Default Wind-up Magician+shark+factory

Wind-Up Magician
If the effect of a "Wind-Up" monster is activated, except "Wind-Up Magician": You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Wind-Up" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

Wind-Up Factory
Once per turn, if an effect of a "Wind-Up" monster is activated: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Wind-Up" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Wind-Up Shark
When a “Wind-Up” monster is Normal or Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects.
● Increase this card’s Level by 1, until the End Phase. ● Reduce this card’s Level by 1, until the End Phase.

1-activate wind up factory
2-normal wind up magician
3-activate wind up sharks effect to special summon him which triggers both magician and factory
4- chain link 1= shark
chain link 2 and 3= ???? I should be able to arrange them as i wish, right? They have the exact key words "if", "activated","you can" that way i could put factory as chain link 3 to search first and magician as chain 2 to summon after the searching.

One judge in my locals said to me that he heard that you cannot arrange the chain links as you wish. For some unknown reason magician is chain link 2 and factory starts a new chain after the wind up has been special summoned by magicians effect. So i get to search only after the monster has been special summoned.

To me that doesnt make sense cause magician and factory have the same key words. Or im missing some weird ruling/mechanic i dont know that says that monsters effects first continuous spell later?

What is the truth?
Goesasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
Redshift
Pojiwadai Elite 4

Redshift is a jewel in the roughRedshift is a jewel in the roughRedshift is a jewel in the rough

Magician and Factory don't chain to Shark, they are Spell Speed 1. They start a new chain together after Shark resolves.

So it's:

CL1: "Wind-Up Shark".

Resolve, start a new chain:

CL1: "Wind-Up Magician" or "Wind-Up Factory".
CL2: The other.

RC-1, RC-2 & PC-1 Certified
3DS Friend Code: 2208 5236 3793

Last edited by Redshift : 02-15-2012 at 08:04 PM.
Redshift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
Neonian
im cute & popular

Neonian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goesasu View Post
Wind-Up Magician
If the effect of a "Wind-Up" monster is activated, except "Wind-Up Magician": You can Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower "Wind-Up" monster from your Deck in face-up Defense Position. This effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field.

Wind-Up Factory
Once per turn, if an effect of a "Wind-Up" monster is activated: You can add 1 Level 4 or lower "Wind-Up" monster from your Deck to your hand.

Wind-Up Shark
When a “Wind-Up” monster is Normal or Special Summoned to your side of the field: You can Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn: You can activate 1 of these effects.
● Increase this card’s Level by 1, until the End Phase. ● Reduce this card’s Level by 1, until the End Phase.

1-activate wind up factory
2-normal wind up magician
3-activate wind up sharks effect to special summon him which triggers both magician and factory
4- chain link 1= shark
chain link 2 and 3= ???? I should be able to arrange them as i wish, right? They have the exact key words "if", "activated","you can" that way i could put factory as chain link 3 to search first and magician as chain 2 to summon after the searching.

One judge in my locals said to me that he heard that you cannot arrange the chain links as you wish. For some unknown reason magician is chain link 2 and factory starts a new chain after the wind up has been special summoned by magicians effect. So i get to search only after the monster has been special summoned.

To me that doesnt make sense cause magician and factory have the same key words. Or im missing some weird ruling/mechanic i dont know that says that monsters effects first continuous spell later?

What is the truth?
"if" effects can never chain to anything outside of segoc.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:18 PM   #4
Goesasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshift View Post
Magician and Factory don't chain to Shark, they are Spell Speed 1. They start a new chain together after Shark resolves.

So it's:

CL1: "Wind-Up Shark".

Resolve, start a new chain:

CL1: "Wind-Up Magician" or "Wind-Up Factory".
CL2: The other.

Ok now i understand. So after sharks resolves aka after shark is special summoned i can chain factory and magician and arrange them as i wish right?. So i could put magician as chain link 1 and factory as chain link 2 so i get to search for factory before special summoning for magicians effect.
Goesasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 PM   #5
Neonian
im cute & popular

Neonian is on a distinguished road

Yes, you can.
Old 02-15-2012, 08:21 PM   #6
Goesasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neonian View Post
Yes, you can.