Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Q & A
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2012, 03:13 PM   #1
slipark7
Pojo Veteran
 
slipark7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,649
iTrader: 0
slipark7 is on a distinguished road
Default Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror vs. Gorz and Tragoedia

I think Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror stops Gorz and Tragoedia effects on the field, but I want to make sure. If Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror is face-up, then battle damage is done to the opponent, and they respond with Gorz or Tragoedia, will Gorz still get its token, and will Tragoedia still get its attack boost and be able to do its other effects?

Thanks.
__________________
slipark7 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #2
AntiTcb
Number XVI
 
AntiTcb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Roanoke, VA
Age: 20
Posts: 2,701
iTrader: 0
AntiTcb is on a distinguished road
Default

Gorz will not summon a token.

Tragoedia will gain its ATK, but it cannot take control of a monster or change its level.
AntiTcb is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:21 PM   #3
slipark7
Pojo Veteran
 
slipark7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,649
iTrader: 0
slipark7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Tragoedia still gets it attack and defense boost? Seems a little odd if Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror was activate before Tragoedia hit the field.
__________________
slipark7 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,842
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipark7 View Post
Tragoedia still gets it attack and defense boost? Seems a little odd if Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror was activate before Tragoedia hit the field.
Tragoedia's attack boost is continuous, reading Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror tells you what it negates, activated effects.
__________________

Last edited by bioober : 02-05-2012 at 04:52 PM.
bioober is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:27 PM   #5
slipark7
Pojo Veteran
 
slipark7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,649
iTrader: 0
slipark7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Ah, OK. I thought Tragoedia activates its attack and defense boost when it hits the field, then becomes continuous. Thanks, guys.
__________________
slipark7 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 03:58 PM   #6
CrazyCat
Rawr!
 
CrazyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Behind you
Posts: 16,507
iTrader: 0
CrazyCat is on a distinguished road
Default

If Trago's effect WASN'T continuous, it would start a chain every time you play a card, draw a card, set a card, or do anything that would alter your hand size.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNS View Post
It's like Timmy brought the candy and Cat stole it for himself and ate it while everyone was overjoyed at the sight of said candy.
CrazyCat's Crazy Blog
CrazyCat's Crazy Channel
The Blue Ox Format: A Create-a-Card Proxy Format
CrazyCat is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM   #7
lolnopound
Priest of Judgment
 
lolnopound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Realm of Light
Age: 18
Posts: 6,278
iTrader: 0
lolnopound is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyCat View Post
If Trago's effect WASN'T continuous, it would start a chain every time you play a card, draw a card, set a card, or do anything that would alter your hand size.
OMG... Chain burn...

Trag on field, 5 cards in hand.

Activate Poison of the Old Man, Trag, Poison of the Old Man, Trag, Poison of the Old Man, Trag, Chain Strike, Trag, Chain Strike.

That last Chain Strike is Chain Link 9. 0.0
__________________
Senseker in Training
lolnopound is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,842
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolnopound View Post
OMG... Chain burn...

Trag on field, 5 cards in hand.

Activate Poison of the Old Man, Trag, Poison of the Old Man, Trag, Poison of the Old Man, Trag, Chain Strike, Trag, Chain Strike.

That last Chain Strike is Chain Link 9. 0.0
You should read Chain Strike before you try to come up with this.
__________________
bioober is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #9
CrazyCat
Rawr!
 
CrazyCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Behind you
Posts: 16,507
iTrader: 0
CrazyCat is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioober View Post
You should read Chain Strike before you try to come up with this.
Trollin' and rollin'
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theNS View Post
It's like Timmy brought the candy and Cat stole it for himself and ate it while everyone was overjoyed at the sight of said candy.
CrazyCat's Crazy Blog
CrazyCat's Crazy Channel
The Blue Ox Format: A Create-a-Card Proxy Format
CrazyCat is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
slipark7
Pojo Veteran
 
slipark7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,649
iTrader: 0
slipark7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Wow, that is true, haha. Chain burn would burn way more, but as bioober pointed out, Chain Strike is unable to chain if cards with the same name are in the chain. That clarifies why Tragoedia gets its attack and defense boost more. Thanks again, guys.
__________________
slipark7 is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 04:19 PM   #11
OneManShow
Pojo Veteran
 
OneManShow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Sweden
Age: 24
Posts: 1,899
iTrader: 0
OneManShow is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bioober View Post
Tragoedia's attack boost is continuous, reading Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror tells you what it negates, activations.
If Redshift saw this post he'd probably cry tears of pain for correcting the same thing 3 times in a matter of 2 days. SIM doesn't negate activations, but effects of DARK monsters that activate on the field or in the grave. That's a pretty big difference.
__________________
OneManShow is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
bioober
Pojo Veteran
 
bioober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 2,842
iTrader: 5 (86%)
bioober is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittLeD View Post
If Redshift saw this post he'd probably cry tears of pain for correcting the same thing 3 times in a matter of 2 days. SIM doesn't negate activations, but effects of DARK monsters that activate on the field or in the grave. That's a pretty big difference.
Oh hey I wrote activations. I meant activated effects.
__________________
bioober is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 05:12 PM   #13
lolnopound
Priest of Judgment
 
lolnopound's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Realm of Light
Age: 18
Posts: 6,278
iTrader: 0
lolnopound is on a distinguished road
Default

Ok, so Trag doesn't work with Chain... I wasn't thinking fully. Sorry.
__________________
Senseker in Training
lolnopound is offline  
Old 02-05-2012, 05:33 PM   #14
slipark7
Pojo Veteran
 
slipark7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,649
iTrader: 0
slipark7 is on a distinguished road
Default

Right, because the attack and defense boost is continuous, the other effects are not.
__________________
slipark7 is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:30 PM   #15
jetiger
Pojo Veteran
 
jetiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 727
iTrader: 16 (100%)
jetiger is on a distinguished road
Default

sorry ignore this
jetiger is offline  
Old 02-06-2012, 09:55 PM   #16
SkullBuster
Flaming Anime Artist
 
SkullBuster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Performing 775-hit juggle combos in the Endless Frontier..
Posts: 19,540
iTrader: 1 (100%)
SkullBuster is on a distinguished road
Default

You better do something about that sigpic slipark7.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1024872
__________________
"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."
I stopped counting. POOJ is broken.

Day 11 Ruins in the Forest is way better than
whatever the fxkk that 16.5 crap is.

Yu-Gi-Oh Philippines National Judge
Pojo's Esteemed Q&A Fudge


Never doubt.

Last edited by SkullBuster : 02-06-2012 at 09:59 PM.
SkullBuster is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.