Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
Khaoscontrol

Khaoscontrol is on a distinguished road
Default Crashbug Deck

My deck:

I am looking for some constructive criticism and ideas for this crashbug deck. Sangan and Mystic Tomatoes were to help summon my crashbugs from the deck so I can get Super Crashbug out as fast as possible, then I have many spells and traps to destroy my opponent's (spells and traps). The rest are supporting (Barrier Statue, Rocket Pilder) to ensure that it isn't very necessary to try to return my crashbugs from the graveyard halfway through a duel. Fine the way it is? Change some cards?

Last edited by Khaoscontrol : 01-07-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Khaoscontrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
twistedawg
Learning the Ropes

twistedawg is on a distinguished road

trunade is banned, and crashbugs should never be used, just forget the whle deck
twistedawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:12 AM   #3
Black-Rose

Black-Rose is on a distinguished road

Guessing that you want to use your defence as an attack, throwing in a few Sheild and sword will help you while you wailt to get Super Crashbug out.

Also, don't get discuraged by the poster above me. There is no such thing as a "unusable" deck. This deck is unique, and can be very fun to use!

Also, in the case Super Crashbug is destroyed, having a back up card such as Scrap Iorn Scarecrow, draining sheild, of even a Kuriboh can really save you from a potentally game winning attack.

And Hi from Puffle754!
Black-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:28 AM   #4
Khaoscontrol

@Twisteddawg

Way to be blunt. If Trunade is banned, I use Infected Mail. Great reading there. Crashbugs are incredibly easy to summon, and if you can stop spell and trap cards, they are some really powerful cards. I can clear the field of monster's and spells, and attack directly with 3000 attack. Plus, with this deck, I can attack with a wall, thanks to Super Crashbug's ability affecting all monsters on the field.

@Black-Rose

Hi again! If Super Crashbug is destroyed, I have Monster Reincarnation, Pot of Avarice, and Dark Eruption. This deck is meant for a fast duel before your opponent gets higher star monsters on the field. Of course, again, Super Crashbug's ability would reduce their attack most of the time, and I am heavily armed with trap/spell prevention.
Old 01-07-2012, 10:29 AM   #5
Armageddomon Deus
Playr Hatin' Playr

Armageddomon Deus is on a distinguished road

I already made the Crashbug deck upon release, but this type was "meant" to be an evolution to the old Ectoplasmer decks.
For what its worth, it boosted mines up to a point, but there still isn't enough support for either types to stand up to faster (or stronger) decks.....

Alternatively, Crashbugs can join up with Ojama decks instead.

Completion of the Gates of Ancient World: 51.99/52
Completion of the Legend of Legend World: 24/52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch fans
Plz Kevin make moar monarchs 4 my monarch deck!1!!11
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTewart
I still have a hangover from the Reign of Monarchs circa 2006-2007....

Last edited by Armageddomon Deus : 01-07-2012 at 10:31 AM.
Armageddomon Deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #6
Khaoscontrol

@Armageddomon Deus

I see your point, but versus faster decks, I still have the spell/traps to clear the field, and Crashbugs have good defense too. I didn't expect the best deck in the world from this. If I really wanted to work on a better deck, I'd post my Zombie, Fairy, or Dark World deck, but I see those too often. I like making harder to find decks, like my Aqua, Crashbug, Plant, and Destiny Hero decks.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:01 AM   #7
Armageddomon Deus
Playr Hatin' Playr

The best experience and example of what I'm referring to is to test it on DN is all I can say.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #8
Samdaharu
The hug dispenser

Samdaharu is on a distinguished road

A Dark Armed Dragon may work here, it should be easy enough to get 3 darks into the grave^^

or if not, at least side it

- Kefka Palazzo, Final Fantasy VI
Samdaharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #9
Khaoscontrol

@Armageddomon Deus

What's DN?

@Samdaharu

I've seen and want that card in place of a Labyrinth Wall, but I don't actually have a copy of it right now. All these cards I either will get or have, physically. If I were to put Dark Armed Dragon on the field WITH Super Crashbug, Dark Armed Dragon's attack would be switched with his defense, giving him 1000 attack. Also, I can't summon him like that, because I have to banish the dark cards from my graveyard, which is also how you summon Super Crashbug.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:56 PM   #10
PostageDragon
Pojo Veteran

PostageDragon will become famous soon enoughPostageDragon will become famous soon enough

A Crashbug deck? Interesting, I've never seen one of these before. First, how do you plan on getting the Crashbugs in the graveyard? They special summon themselves to the field, so perhaps you could use them for Xyz Monsters, like Wind-Up Zenmaines or Leviair the Sea Dragon. If those are too expensive, you could try using Number 17: Leviathan Dragon (this thing won't be of much use once you get Super Crashbug out but it gives you some muscle when you don't have one" or Number 34: Terror-Byte (purely because of the high-defense). Perhaps you should also use more than one Super Crashbug, since it seems to be the core of your strategy? Since you have a lot of Dark Monsters, it might be a good idea to use something like Dark Armed Dragon or The Dark Creator. I would also recommend cutting the Labyrinth Walls, since tribute summoning is usually considered too slow these days and it can't be brought out by Mystic Tomato. I'm also a little iffy on the Barrier Statue and the Gravitic Orb, but if you've found they work with you then you should keep them. As for the spells...Allure of Darkness. Definitely. This deck needs some draw power. I would drop out Crashbug Road but if you really need a card to speed up your summons then at the very least use Double Summon instead. I would also drop the Spell-Shattering Arrows, their targets are quite limited, even moreso in a Heavy Storm format. Max out on MSTs. If you can, add some staples like Dark Hole and Pot of Duality. Double or Nothing and Rocket Pilder seem really random, why do you use them? Foolish Burials could help you dump those Crashbugs. As for the traps, if possible you should get a Solemn Judgement and Solemn Warnings. You might think the life point cost is too much, but these cards are considered staples due to their ability to stop plays dead in their tracks. I also don't get Localized Tornado...at all. Well, that's all I have to say at the moment. Hope my suggestions are helpful.
PostageDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:22 PM   #11
Souler94

Souler94 is on a distinguished road

Add:
Monsters
Dark Armed Dragon
Spirit Reaper
Genex Ally Birdman
Debris Dragon

Spells:
-3 Crashbug Road
Double Summon
Dark Hole
Foolish Burial
Allure of Darkness
Monster Reborn
Book of Moon
Burial from a Different Dimension

Traps:
Solemn Judgment

Extra:
Locomotion R-Genex
Black Rose Dragon

Optional: Ultimate Offering

You can see my Crashbug deck in here: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=990466

Last edited by Souler94 : 01-07-2012 at 03:26 PM.
Souler94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:47 PM   #12
Armageddomon Deus
Playr Hatin' Playr

DN is Dueling Network.
(site where you can test and play simulated online decks)

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-07-2012, 04:00 PM   #13
Khaoscontrol

@Souler94

I agree with Spirit Reaper. I DO have a copy. I have no Double Summon, but I could use Allure of Darkness and Foolish Burial well. I have NO tuners for my Black Rose Dragon, plus that is already in my plant deck. Instead of solemn judgement, I could just use another Dark Bribe.

@justthisonepost

A lot of those cards seem interesting, but I'm kind of limited on those. Double or Nothing! is a generic attacking card, and Rocket Pilder stops a monster from being destroyed by battle. Localized Tornado is a Last Resort card when I have no way of summoning Super Crashbug otherwise. (destroyed, no Monster Reincarnation and such.)

@Armageddomon Deus

Thanks. I'll check it out.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:07 PM   #14
Souler94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaoscontrol View Post
@Souler94

I agree with Spirit Reaper. I DO have a copy. I have no Double Summon, but I could use Allure of Darkness and Foolish Burial well. I have NO tuners for my Black Rose Dragon, plus that is already in my plant deck. Instead of solemn judgement, I could just use another Dark Bribe.
Debris Dragon: Normal summon, Special Summon Crashbug X/Z. Sync into Black Rose.

If you really want to make a good crashbug deck, you will need money because of the extra deck. Everything else is really cheap.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:16 PM   #15
Khaoscontrol

@Souler94 right now I only have the cards I do, about one thousand, but not so many applying to exactly this. I do have Black Rose Dragon, thankfully, and I'm sure I have some non-plant tuners somewhere.

EDIT: I do have a Grenosaurus. It is just a little extra power that is really easy to summon with my Crashbugs.

Last edited by Khaoscontrol : 01-07-2012 at 04:21 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:23 PM   #16
PostageDragon
Pojo Veteran

PostageDragon will become famous soon enoughPostageDragon will become famous soon enough

Solmen Judgement>Dark Bribe. Trust me, Solemn Judgement is an amazing card. Like I already said, it stops so many plays. Your opponent Synchros for Stardust? BAM! It's gone. Dark Hole? Nope. The life point cost is well worth it's ability to help in almost any situation. Solemn Warning is also worth it due to the fact it stops essentially every single way for an opponent's monster to be summoned. Dark Bribe is okay but is a -1 in terms of card advantage, and does not offer you the same protection from monsters the Solemns do. It is very unlikely you'll be able to pull off Double or Nothing!, the only real attack negators around these days are Shooting Star Dragon and Number 39: Utopia. As for Rocket Pilder, it only protects your monster from being destroyed in battle when your monster attacks. It's your opponent's turn? You're in trouble. If you really need protection, go for Mist Body. Localized Tornado is just not worth it, there is absolutely no need to give up your hand and graveyard just to have a lone Super Crashbug in your deck waiting to be drawn. Just add more Super Crashbugs. Are you on an extremely low budget, because there are still cards I mentioned that are very cheap.
Rough prices:
Double Summon ($1)
Number 34: Terror-Byte ($3)
Number 17: Leviathan Dragon ($3)
Dark Hole ($4)
Solemn Judgement ($5)
Super Crashbug ($2)
Monster Reborn ($4)
Dark Armed Dragon ($8, but there's going to be a Common reprint in the next structure deck)
Old 01-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #17
Souler94

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthisonepost View Post
Solmen Judgement>Dark Bribe.
^This. You just need to know when to play it.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:33 PM   #18
Khaoscontrol

@justthisonepost

I'm not low on budget right now, but I plan on determining my deck before I buy. I put in Card Destruction and Dark World Lightning for more ways to get Crashbugs in my graveyard. I do plan on eventually replacing the Labyrinth walls with two more Super Crashbugs.

EDIT: Solemn Judgment is in my deck now.
EDIT: Just added a second Monster Reincarnation to my deck. Just thought twice on how productive that is. Crashbug to graveyard, return Super Crashbug.

Last edited by Khaoscontrol : 01-07-2012 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:41 PM   #19
Souler94

BTW, where is your extra deck?
Old 01-07-2012, 04:46 PM   #20
Khaoscontrol

@Souler94 I don't have one just yet. I have no fusion monsters, no way of getting synchros YET, and haven't decided on any xyzs. Added Magical Mallet instead of Rocket Pilder. Still searching for tuners.

EDIT: Sorry! EXTRA deck! Don't have one just yet, but I'm forming ideas.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:50 PM   #21
PostageDragon
Pojo Veteran

I don't see any reason not to run Rank 3's like Leviathan Dragon, which is considered by some to be an Extra Deck staple. Sure, it's useless once Super Crashbug hits the field, but before that it serves as a decent beater.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:56 PM   #22
Khaoscontrol

@justthisonepost

I'm not familiar with that card. I don't have it, but I can look it up. Should I replace Mystic Tomato with anything? With cards like Card Destruction and Foolish Burial, it's not so useful. Then again, I still can use them to search for any monster in my deck, including Spirit Reaper and Super Crashbug.

EDIT: I could always just use Patrician of Darkness with my Spirit Reaper, so I can force them to waste their battle phases.

Last edited by Khaoscontrol : 01-07-2012 at 05:00 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #23
Souler94

Quote:
Originally Posted by justthisonepost View Post
I don't see any reason not to run Rank 3's like Leviathan Dragon, which is considered by some to be an Extra Deck staple. Sure, it's useless once Super Crashbug hits the field, but before that it serves as a decent beater.
There is no need for running Leviathan, there is also Zenmaines and Grenosaurus (Zeinmaines being amazing with Super Crashbug out).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaoscontrol View Post
@justthisonepost

I'm not familiar with that card. I don't have it, but I can look it up. Should I replace Mystic Tomato with anything? With cards like Card Destruction and Foolish Burial, it's not so useful. Then again, I still can use them to search for any monster in my deck, including Spirit Reaper and Super Crashbug.
I run 2 Tomatos just for summoning the 3 Crashbugs, sometimes Sangan and in emergency cases, Spirit Reaper.

Last edited by Souler94 : 01-07-2012 at 05:01 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
PostageDragon
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souler94 View Post
There is no need for running Leviathan, there is also Zenmaines and Grenosaurus (Zeinmaines being amazing with Super Crashbug out).
Guess that's true.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:00 PM   #25
Dio Brando
WRRRYYYYYYY

Dio Brando is on a distinguished road

Dark Necrofear?

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Souler94 View Post
>implying Grenosaurus is better than Leviathan Dragon

Last edited by Dio Brando : 01-07-2012 at 05:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Dio Brando is offline   Reply With Quote