Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Single Card Discussions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
NaturalForce
THE TREE

Default Final Countdown Destroys the World in 10 Days

My reasoning?

One day of Peace.

One day of Peace effect ends after the opponents turn, and its a normal spell so it can only be used on your turn. The 1 day thus means after every turn you and your opponent get, 1 day in the duel world goes by.

Final Countdown takes 20 turns, 10 for you and turn for opponent. We each get 10 turns, meaning 10 days have gone by.
NaturalForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:12 PM   #2
scryed2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalForce View Post
My reasoning?

One day of Peace.

One day of Peace effect ends after the opponents turn, and its a normal spell so it can only be used on your turn. The 1 day thus means after every turn you and your opponent get, 1 day in the duel world goes by.

Final Countdown takes 20 turns, 10 for you and turn for opponent. We each get 10 turns, meaning 10 days have gone by.
But your not factoring in the activation of Pyro Clock of Destiny.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:18 PM   #3
Ganondorf
Power of Kings

It doesn't mean that Burn couldn't ****** the deck. Its called waiting that extra turn, setting ****.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang View Post
Oh god, the pain of pulling Super balls.

Click Here to see the FULL list of Female Cards in the TCG and OCG
Ganondorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:21 PM   #4
footfoe
Pojo Veteran

Yeah chain burn and exodia insta wins vs final count down.

with all the hand hate running around nowadays Final Countdown isn't that scary
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #5
Geo Stephens
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
It doesn't mean that Burn couldn't ****** the deck. Its called waiting that extra turn, setting ****.
He's not talking about the deck. Also burn doesn't hurt, side in Des Wombat and Hanewata, BURN NEGATED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by footfoe View Post
Yeah chain burn and exodia insta wins vs final count down.

with all the hand hate running around nowadays Final Countdown isn't that scary

Again hes not talking about the deck, but hand hate doesn't hurt Final Countdown just like it doesn't hurt burn, set and end, chainables, and Frozen Soul stacks, so sometimes it good to drop 4, for 8 turns of stall.
Geo Stephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #6
Final Darkness
The Endless Abyss

Final Countdown autowins against Plants and Agents (the meta), but loses to tier 2 or jank decks.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread...=scrap+breaker
Final Darkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:26 PM   #7
Gaspar
Labradoritoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by scryed2007 View Post
But your not factoring in the activation of Pyro Clock of Destiny.
That card is not very good in Final Countdown.
Threatening Roar / Waboku / Thunder of Ruler / Frozen Soul (okay, I pushed a little too much here) protects you on your opponent's turn, that is 1 opponent turn, and 1 of yours. You have 18 turns left.
Pyro Clock of Destiny does not protect you, and it only speeds the Turn Count of a card effect by 1, which does nothing to assist Final Countdown unless it is used in multiples (instead of waiting 20 you have to wait 19. The 19th turn is yours, so you are wasting the Pyro Clock in that case). And then the third copy is a dead draw unless you tech Mask of Darkness.
Gaspar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:28 PM   #8
Final Darkness
The Endless Abyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo Stephens View Post
He's not talking about the deck. Also burn doesn't hurt, side in Des Wombat and Hanewata, BURN NEGATED!

Again hes not talking about the deck, but hand hate doesn't hurt Final Countdown just like it doesn't hurt burn, set and end, chainables, and Frozen Soul stacks, so sometimes it good to drop 4, for 8 turns of stall.
source plz

Old 11-10-2011, 10:52 PM   #9
Candela
in cauda venenum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Final Darkness View Post
Final Countdown autowins against Plants and Agents (the meta), but loses to tier 2 or jank decks.
basically this
Old 11-10-2011, 10:54 PM   #10
footfoe
Pojo Veteran

Quote:

In final count down you set 1 card and keep everything in hand. And it hurts burn too.

You can't set everything, you keep alot in hand.

What point does setting 3 T-Roars do?
Old 11-10-2011, 11:01 PM   #11
scryed2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaspar View Post
That card is not very good in Final Countdown.
Threatening Roar / Waboku / Thunder of Ruler / Frozen Soul (okay, I pushed a little too much here) protects you on your opponent's turn, that is 1 opponent turn, and 1 of yours. You have 18 turns left.
Pyro Clock of Destiny does not protect you, and it only speeds the Turn Count of a card effect by 1, which does nothing to assist Final Countdown unless it is used in multiples (instead of waiting 20 you have to wait 19. The 19th turn is yours, so you are wasting the Pyro Clock in that case). And then the third copy is a dead draw unless you tech Mask of Darkness.
i was trolling yeah pyro clock is ****
Old 11-10-2011, 11:04 PM   #12
Ganondorf
Power of Kings

Quote:

Umm...yeah...Title...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwang View Post
Oh god, the pain of pulling Super balls.

Click Here to see the FULL list of Female Cards in the TCG and OCG
Ganondorf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:10 PM   #13
Geo Stephens
Banned User

Quote:
In final count down you set 1 card and keep everything in hand. And it hurts burn too.

You can't set everything, you keep alot in hand.

What point does setting 3 T-Roars do?
3 souls and thunder actually
Old 11-10-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
footfoe
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
3 souls and thunder actually
Heavy Storm. i can't attack this turn, but you only have 2 cards in hand. you're not going to last 20 turns.
Old 11-10-2011, 11:20 PM   #15
NaturalForce
THE TREE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganondorf View Post
Umm...yeah...Title...
The title is implying that 20 turns pass, not that it always happens.
NaturalForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 11:30 PM   #16
Geo Stephens
Banned User

Quote:
source plz
look up the rulings on wiki, its there, its the only card that stacks tho

Quote:
Heavy Storm. i can't attack this turn, but you only have 2 cards in hand. you're not going to last 20 turns.
not 20 turns, you Heavy Storm, i chain 4, your next 4 turns are no battle phase, seriously, read what the cards do before you bring up non-existent counters
Old 11-11-2011, 12:10 AM   #17
Ukun
Rawrs

It makes some kind of sense why it would stack, because if your 3 active, when you opponent goes to skip his/her battle phase, the other 2 cards haven't actually done anything because the phase was already skipped.

If that made sense...0_o
Ukun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:25 AM   #18
Geo Stephens
Banned User

Its odd, its all about the wording, and its the only card that can stack. 2 troar wont but wording shows that, three rulers wont, and so on.

But soul does, if tehy would have the battle phase skipped by other means, you can have them skip the next, including souls, so you can thunder, soul, soul, soul, and the next 4 battle phases, or 8 turns on the countdown, are as good as gold and taken care of, and its on the rulings wiki for soul, if your wondering about proof.

I just dont feel like linking it

I didn't beleive it either, and argued it into the ground, when I*ve been a countdown player my whole life, but since Ive found out, its easily the mvp of the deck. If im playing a deck that does hand stuff, i always try to get the big plusses off that move, and if im not, I just sit and wait, and then drop 4 and chain.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:54 AM   #19
Ukun
Rawrs

Both of those cards "Threatening Road" and "Thunder of the Ruler" say two very very important words, "This Turn" hence why they only work on the turn they are played.

Frozen Soul says their "Next" battle phase and sense it's skipped, it never happens so the 2nd and 3rd copy have to look to the next turn for the next battle phase.

Like I said, it makes sense if you read the cards.
Ukun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:10 AM   #20
Pattyboo
Squiddy's #1 Fan

I would have called bs if I heard Frozen Soul stacked.

Oh, and Final Countdown is not auto win against meta.

[12/21/12 10:37:17 PM] Squiddoo: i am ur no. 1 fan patty boo get bak in yu gi oh
Pattyboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 01:14 AM   #21
Geo Stephens
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ukun View Post
Both of those cards "Threatening Road" and "Thunder of the Ruler" say two very very important words, "This Turn" hence why they only work on the turn they are played.

Frozen Soul says their "Next" battle phase and sense it's skipped, it never happens so the 2nd and 3rd copy have to look to the next turn for the next battle phase.

Like I said, it makes sense if you read the cards.
its roar, not road, but its also not just the wording, its a unique occurrence. We made a whole topic about it awhile back in rulings.

There are other cards, with effects that 'would stack' with non specific wording like this, blanket statements like 'next' that dont have requirements like "this turn' or "one attack" and they dont stack. Its why its highly contested.
Old 11-11-2011, 01:37 AM   #22
966socho
FTL Veteran

Maybe it's late at night, but for the life of me I can't see why Pyro Clock is considered terrible in FC decks. I mean, its activation saves you 1 battle prevention card in the long run no? Or are there just enough pure battle prevention in existence to render this unnecessary?
966socho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:04 AM   #23
Geo Stephens
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattyboo View Post
I would have called bs if I heard Frozen Soul stacked.

Oh, and Final Countdown is not auto win against meta.
Agree, having played countdown competitively, for a long time, it doesn't. Its good against a meta deck like ANY rogue deck is.

My gallis tg agents, got roflstomped by a toll burn deck.

Summoning shineballs, and having to attack thru toll, I got myself to 2000, before I was able to do game, and he fliped smiochi and Gift Card to kill me twice.

No mst in HMB, but even then, he ran like 4 monsters. Heavy and 3 mst wouldnt of did any good. Its unexpected stuff that wins.

Countdown can hit terrible draws, and terrible luck. Side in Royal Decree and you lose, if you didn't win game one, your not going to want to side out the traps, it can be bad sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 966socho View Post
Maybe it's late at night, but for the life of me I can't see why Pyro Clock is considered terrible in FC decks. I mean, its activation saves you 1 battle prevention card in the long run no? Or are there just enough pure battle prevention in existence to render this unnecessary?
On paper it looks good, but then you realize if your stuck with just that, they can still attack and kill you in one turn if you dont have stall.

All it takes is one turn, especially with countdown. Countdown just stops battles, it doesn't do anything to their stradegy. A lot of the time you have 5 monsters, great ones, staring you down by turn 10. You do nothing to stop them from genrating advantage and playing their deck to the fullest. You get to see it all. For that reason, all it takes is one turn to lose.

Thats another way countdown can have bad luck, one bad draw, or one misplay setting one trap instead of two, when they play a solemn, and you lost.

Basically, other then countdown itself, all cards need to draw a card at One for One, or stall for one turn. Note, cards like Kuriboh, althought I like him, do not stall for one turn, nor does Mirror Force, or Torrential Tribute, cuz searchers and tengus and such. Additionally, those cards need to be chainable, or last your opponents turn, like momentary truce.

The only monsters you should ever run are one that drop from hand. Stuff on the feild is just a target for effect negaters and warnings. Well worth a win to warning that Zero Gardna or Winged Kuriboh, well worth it, and those are highly played meta, and non-meta staples.

Out of anything I do, I consider myself, one of the best, if not THE best fc player in all of YGO.

Zero Gardna is bad, cards that make you discard like Rainbow Life or w/e are bad. Winged Kuriboh is bad. In a deck like this, just like plant syncro, there are cards that are ok, and THE BEST cards, and since in countdowns case the BEST cards are commons, you should be running them over others.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:44 AM   #24
Final Darkness
The Endless Abyss

I wouldn't say they are bad. Zero Gardna draws out Warning that would otherwise be used against your Battle Fader. Rainbow Life is a godsend if your opponent has any way to burn you (Tempest Magician), I usually just discard redundant copies of Final Countdown with it. It's at least worth a side. Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute are also good if you are smart - hold on to them and let your opponent use their Heavy Storm and MSTs on your Waboku and Threatening Roar first.

Old 11-11-2011, 05:02 AM   #25
Redsmas
Let It Go

Quote:
Out of anything I do, I consider myself, one of the best, if not THE best fc player in all of YGO.
Quite a boast there. I would say Merovingian is one of the best, if not the best Final Countdown player. He's like, Pojo's greatest troll.

Also Zero Gardna is a standard card to play in Final Countdown. Plus Winged Kuiboh is useful in Skill Drain countdown.

I completely understand where the OP was coming form, 1 turn = 12 hours.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
I wouldn't say they are bad. Zero Gardna draws out Warning that would otherwise be used against your Battle Fader. Rainbow Life is a godsend if your opponent has any way to burn you (Tempest Magician), I usually just discard redundant copies of Final Countdown with it. It's at least worth a side. Mirror Force and Torrential Tribute are also good if you are smart - hold on to them and let your opponent use their Heavy Storm and MSTs on your Waboku and Threatening Roar first.
There usually isn't any room for Torrential Tribute and Mirror Force in Final Countdown. But I suppose it is dependent or your play-style.

I'm officially boycotting any products made in Russia.
Reason 1 2 3 4

(Click links with caution some may be disturbed by the images)

Last edited by Redsmas : 11-11-2011 at 05:03 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Redsmas is offline   Reply With Quote