Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Magic: The Gathering > Magic: The Gathering Casual Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2016, 02:37 PM   #1
Gold and nova
Learning the Ropes

Gold and nova is on a distinguished road
Smile Suggestions for my new deck

Okay so I'm new to magic and I am trying to make an instant heroic deck. Im only playing with friends and we use trial decks boosted with random cards we manage to get. We all just started I only want something decent for my meta. I am open to suggestion, but I do not want to spend to much

4 Akroan Skyguard
4 Favored Hoplite
4 Lagonna-Band Trailblazer
4 Phalanx Leader
4 Wingsteed Rider
4 Giant Growth
4 Gods Willing
4 Immolating Glare
2 Mortal's Resolve
4 warriors' resolve
4 life's legacy
Gold and nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 09:32 AM   #2
Kestral287
Department Head

Kestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant future

Blossoming Defense from Kaladesh is a fantastic pump spell. Compared to Giant Growth it's the same CMC for one less point of power, but it gives you Hexproof so it can also blank removal spells.

Mutagenic Growth and Become Immense are the other big upgrades. Mutagenic Growth is, again, only +2/+2 instead of +3/+3, but you can cast it by paying 2 life instead of mana-- it's a great surprise combat trick. Become Immense is a bit more unwieldy, but it gets down to one mana pretty easily in the midgame and is a massive +6/+6. Optimized Modern decks using the card can do that on turn three, but that's not really your wheelhouse since fetches are money.

Blossoming is dirt cheap and Mutagenic/Become Immense are like a buck apiece, so that should be pretty affordable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh View Post
Read Kestral's. He owns my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
ITT: Kestral wrecking everyone.
Kestral287 is offline   Reply With Quote