Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Pokémon > Pokemon - HeartGold & SoulSilver > Pokemon - HeartGold SoulSilver Help Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-21-2015, 05:50 PM   #1
BaneFire
Just Got Here

BaneFire is on a distinguished road
Question This glitch cant only be happening to me?

Ok I decided to start playing Heart Gold again to try and break some of my records at the Frontier. Only I noticed some weird phenomena occasionally occurring regarding turn order where a frontier Pokemon will go before my Pokemon when it would literally be impossible. It wasn't the first time either as I vaguely remember something similar happening at different facilities only at the time I thought it was a fluke or I wasn't completely paying attention. Most recently it happened during a Battle Hall campaign I was well into with a competitively bred LV 50 Max speed (169) Garchomp of mine. In fact it happened in two separate battles. The first time a Bastiodon managed to Blizzard my Chomp before it could attack. It wasn't a game changer really given Bastiodons terrible damage output and the fact chomp was packing a yache berry but I was still like... I mean we're talking base speed 30 vs base speed 102. Even with a choice scarf its speed would maximize at 135. No quick claw activation was seen. Im familiar with priority and all of chomps moves are 0 priority bracket (chomp used swords dance cuz I didn't feel threatened). His earthquake the next turn hit first. So I was suspicious so I paid closer attention in subsequent rounds. after working my way through several more types i went onto rock, a non threat to his streak. That's when it happened again with Rhyperior (max speed 101) twice! He used earthpower first and on the second turn managed to attempt giga impact but missed. Again no quick claw activation animation and obviously he wasn't choiced. I looked up the possible sets for both Pokemon and couldn't even find a bastiodon with blizzard much less quick claw. Has anyone had experience with this type of problem before? My game is a legit cartridge copy so I'm a bit confused how this is possible
BaneFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2016, 02:30 AM   #2
Master Obvious
Pojo Veteran

Master Obvious is on a distinguished road

Nice glitch that you found! Yes, I have experienced many glitches on HG/SS. This is just one of many of them. I am confused too.
Old 01-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #3
BaneFire
Just Got Here

BaneFire is on a distinguished road

Even more so when you consider that the opponents at the hall are typically a few levels lower than your challenging pokemon. I gave the stats of perfect, perfectly trained opponents of equal level. Its unfortunate because the Gen. 2 story line, soundtrack and overall vibe has always been my favorite. Still a little gamble with chance keeps me interested all the same. I'm going to try to remember to record it happening on the vs. Recorder.
BaneFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
Master Obvious
Pojo Veteran

Master Obvious is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaneFire View Post
Even more so when you consider that the opponents at the hall are typically a few levels lower than your challenging pokemon. I gave the stats of perfect, perfectly trained opponents of equal level. Its unfortunate because the Gen. 2 story line, soundtrack and overall vibe has always been my favorite. Still a little gamble with chance keeps me interested all the same. I'm going to try to remember to record it happening on the vs. Recorder.
You should consider recording it and posting it here for everyone, sir.