Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Miscellaneous Card & Figure Games & Anime > Force of Will TCG
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2017, 04:13 PM   #1
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

Twaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud of
Default Mess of a control deck

The worst thing about building control is figuring out ratios when there are so many great cards. Oh well.

J-Ruler: Charlotte, Determined Child

Main Deck:

4x Riza
2x Melder
4x Charlotte's Protector
3x Abdul Alhazred
4x Soulhunt
3x Unseen Pressure
4x Space-Time Anomaly
3x Charlotte's Water Transformation Magic
3x Scorn of Dark Alice
2x Prison in lunar lake
4x God's Bow
2x Deathscythe
2x Laev

Stones:

4x Blue/Black duals
4x Blue/Black shockrocks
2x Blue/Black ****bricks

Side:

idk, working out main deck ratios first

Went charlotte because I like draw5 on flip helping relieve the pressure of micromanaging hand size. Also this deck has a really good matchup into Pricia turn2otk because if you go second you can pay energize--> discard protector so you can soulhunt or unseen pressure elf without fear of wall of wind while also cycling a card.

Main deck ratios are sorta iffy. I've always liked Riza/Melder at 4/2. Not entirely sure if prison is still necessary in main but its nice to have a backup for if they deal with abdul and then try to go off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
nerd + time - skill = twi
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebarrierguy View Post
>gets on league
>not 1 second later gets a msg from twi
>leaves
Twaifu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 05:27 PM   #2
Kestral287
Department Head

Kestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant future

I'll be honest, I'm not a fan.

The first problem is Pricia. Yes, she should basically never kill you on T2. But that's true of most any black deck; Unseen Pressure also kills Sacred Elf and Mikage/Val3 can cast it T0 off Energize. But... what then? What do you do when they play out their regalia and flip on T3? Only two Deathscythe leaves you ill-suited to stop that kill but even if you manage it, you just die on the next turn-- no Moonbeams, so you need STA but you won't have the will to double-tap if they flip on 3 and go to kill you on 4.

Alha is the second problem. If he doesn't catch on to your win con you're fine, but I've rapidly found that burning myself (via rocks and Stealth) is very dangerous against Alha. If you ever tap out Blazer will 1000 you from nowhere, but more than that there's Steam Explosions to worry about. Natively the deck has a bit of trouble closing the door efficiently (especially against Blazer, so long as you don't tap out), but Stealth feels like it helps it along a little too much.

Lumia and Fox should be non-issues due to Abdul + Prison. You really do need both though; both of those decks carry some form of interaction against Abdul. It's easy to Bear + Hook, but it's very hard to Bear + Hook + Seal.

Fiethsing feels like the other big problem. I have... no idea how you beat that deck. A lack of hard removal means that Gwiber can do a lot to hammer you. Fiethsing can run Ancient Barrier to punish most of the outs that you have and... well, then what?

And finally, in the UB Mirror, how do you out their Charlotte? Soulhunt is their only card but it's very easy to wear through those in my experience.

Insofar as the stone deck, I really like one Sorrowful in place of a charge stone. It gives you an extra layer of interaction
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh View Post
Read Kestral's. He owns my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
ITT: Kestral wrecking everyone.
Kestral287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:26 PM   #3
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

Twaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud of

The plan vs feith is

If I'm second energize tap down Guin then kill it
If I'm first keep mana open and unseen pressure

Keeping them from getting to freedraw with tokenguin is generally enough unless they open the nuts and don't need to draw into more Gwibbers

Haven't had a chance to even test vs threesideguy since nobody here has him

Pricia is a bit of an issue and I will stick moonbeams in the side, I'll consider maining them if the deck ends up being super prevalent
Quote:
Quote:
>gets on league
>leaves
Old 03-20-2017, 02:02 AM   #4
Kestral287
Department Head

Kestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant future

It feels like your entire Fieth plan loses to Apollo, when Apollo + Guin is the opening they mulligan for. It also loses to you not being able to pivot to aggro in a deck with, well... very little capability to pivot to aggro, since you basically can't attack before turn five. Slowing them down by killing Guins is critical for the control deck, but the matchup does not end there. It's almost impossible to just stop Fieth from dropping a Gwiber or two eventually. You need interaction that matches up against Gwiber, and right now you really don't have that.

Alha is Blue/Black/Red (slash white, sometimes) control that can lean toward midrange. The deck has a large burn component to it; Time Bomb and World Flame are both popping up as board wipes that double as pressure, and while you shouldn't care about the Bomb World Flame easily 800s your face. Then of course there's also Steam Explosion. And Blazer serves as their resonator finisher-- while you can handle Blazer as long as you don't tap out and have cards in hand to discard, the rest is something you can't interact with. Which is fine, because killing you with just those is relatively hard. But when you Stealth yourself down 1000 or 2000 life, it gets infinitely easier.

Pricia... while it's nowhere near the T0 deck it was initially made out to be, the deck is something that you will need to account for. She kills on T3 without trying, regardless of basically any interaction you have right now save throwing STA at her when they're dumb about regalia taps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh View Post
Read Kestral's. He owns my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
ITT: Kestral wrecking everyone.
Kestral287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 02:36 AM   #5
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

I sorta gave up on this deck anyway since I actually got the trades I needed for Pricia lol

Nah. I've actually given up on this game since it's completely dead in my area and I'd rather grab components for my legacy let then an entire Force deck at this point xD

That being said delaying the Guin until I have more mana is the important bit and especially with charlottes protector replacing itself when I discard to tap it etc it's aight
Quote:
Quote:
>gets on league
>leaves