Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Weiss Schwarz > Weiß Schwarz (Weiss Schwarz) Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2014, 02:49 PM   #1
Seika

Seika is on a distinguished road
Default Madoka Magica 2.0: A Guide to (not) Suffering

still very incredibly under construction, just putting this here to let people know I am doing something

Special thanks to Homerun-chan for creating the original thread and the rest of the WS Pojo community for helping me go from being a complete WS scrub to just a semi-scrub

So this is my first guide and blah blah nobody cares, moving on

I. Intro

This guide assumes you at least know the basics of how to play Weiβ Schwarz; if you don't, please check the official English site and/or Heart of the Cards for help.

II. Key Cards

While a good portion of your deck will depend on what colors, characters, and so on you want to use, these are cards that are useful in, and should be considered in, most any Madoka deck.

Quote:
MM/W35-030 CH Madoka from the New World
Level: 0/Cost: 0/Trigger: None
Power: 2500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic
------------------------------
【CONT】 If the number of cards in your stock is two or less, this card gets +1500 power.

MM/W17-103 CH A Lonely Fight, Homura
Power: 2000/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Time
【CONT】 If you do not have any other characters, this card gets +1 level and +1500 power.
【AUTO】【CLOCK】 Shift, Level 0 (At the beginning of your main phase, you may choose a green card in your hand and this card in your clock, and exchange them.)

MM/W35-104 CH SD Homura
Power: 2500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Time
【CONT】 If you do not have any other characters on your center stage, this card gets +1 level and +1000 power.
"Beaters" are characters you play at Level 0 to take out your opponent's characters. A generic (vanilla) Level 0 will have 3000 power, so any character with higher power than that will have some sort of drawback. Every color has reasonable options for 3500 or higher characters with drawbacks that aren't too awful, but these are what I'd consider the best overall. Madoka from the New World has higher potential power than the Homuras I listed, but the Homuras are considered Level 1 characters if you meet their requirements, which means your opponent can't reverse them with Level 0 "bombs."

Do note that if you attack with Madoka when you already have two stock, you'll gain the third stock before comparing power, which means she'll drop back to 2500.

I'd also like to point out for the English players that, while MM/W17-103 A Lonely Fight, Homura has a different English name than MM/W17-050 Homura's Lonely Battle, both cards have the same Japanese name, so you can only run four total copies of those two cards in your deck. This restriction does not apply to MM/W35-028 "A Lonely Fight" Homura since that card has quotation marks in its title in both languages.

Quote:
MM/W17-072 CH Kyoko Parts at the Subway Platform
Power: 2000/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Sweets
【AUTO】 When this card becomes 【REVERSE】, if this card's battle opponent is level 0 or lower, you may 【REVERSE】 that character.

MM/W35-063 CH Mild Autumn Days, Kyoko
Power: 1500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Sweets
【AUTO】 When this card becomes 【REVERSE】, if this card's battle opponent is level 0 or lower, you may 【REVERSE】 that character.
【AUTO】 【CLOCK】 Shift, Level 0 (At the beginning of your main phase, you may choose a red card in your hand and this card in your clock, and exchange them)
These are the Level 0 "bombs" I mentioned (sometimes called "suiciders.") If your opponent plays a huge Level 0 beater that you don't have a chance of defeating, you can ram a bomb into it and take it out anyway. Mild Autumn Days, Kyoko is generally the better bomb since having Shift means you can get it a little easier and the extra power on Kyoko Parts at the Subway Platform doesn't matter too much on a bomb, but if you have little to no other red cards in your deck to Shift Autumn Kyoko out, Subway Kyoko is just fine.

Quote:
MM/W17-024 CH Homura Watches Over
Power: 2500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Time
【ACT】 Brainstorm [(1) 【REST】 two of your characters] Reveal four cards from the top of your deck, and put them into your waiting room. For each climax revealed, search your deck for up to one 《Magic》 character, reveal it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

MM/W35-083 CH Memories of a Witch, Sayaka
Power: 2000/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Love
【ACT】 Brainstorm [(1)] Reveal four cards from the top of your deck, and put them into your waiting room. For each climax revealed, search your deck for up to one 《Magic》 character, reveal it to your opponent, put it into your hand, choose a card in your hand, and put it into your waiting room. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

MM/W17-046 CH Second-year of Mitakihara Middle School, Madoka
Level: 1/Cost: 0/Trigger: None
Power: 4500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic
【AUTO】【CLOCK】 Shift, Level 1 (At the beginning of your main phase, you may choose a green card in your hand and this card in your clock, and exchange them.)
【ACT】 Brainstorm [(1)] Reveal four cards from the top of your deck, and put them into your waiting room. For each climax revealed, choose one of your 《Magic》 characters, and that character gets +2000 power until end of turn.
Here's the brainstormers available in Madoka, listed in order of general usefulness.

Homura gives the strongest benefit if you hit a climax, letting you search your deck for essentially any character for each climax, but having to rest two of your characters to use her ability limits the number of times you can use her in a turn.

Sayaka's brainstorm can be used multiple times so long as you have stock (helpful if you have a couple climaxes stuck in stock and want to get them out), and also lets you search for a character per climax revealed, but then you have to discard a card each time you do so. This isn't always a bad thing, though; it gives you a way to send higher level characters to the waiting room so you can use Change effects to get them out, for example. It also gives you a way to get extra climaxes out of your hand if you're close to refreshing your deck so they get shuffled back in; that way you have more chances to cancel damage. An extra benefit to this particular brainstormer is she's a Sayaka, which is relevant to a card I'll mention a bit further down.

The Madoka brainstorm is less useful than the other two for a few reasons; being a Level 1 character means you need to have green in your clock or level zone, a requirement the other brainstormers don't have. There's also the fact that a power bonus generally isn't as useful as the ability to search your deck for any character. She does have Shift, though, so that makes her slightly easier to get...

Quote:
MM/W17-084 CH Sayaka Looks Up to Mami
Power: 1500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Love
【AUTO】 When this card is placed on stage from your hand, look at the top card of your deck, and put it on the top or the bottom of your deck.
【AUTO】 When this card attacks, reveal the top card of your deck. If the revealed card is a 《Magic》 character, put it into your hand, choose a card in your hand, and put it into your waiting room. (If it is not, return the revealed card to is its original place.)
Everyone calls this SayaMami but that's a stupid-sounding name so I'm calling it Scryaka, here's hoping that sticks like Promura did

Anyway, this card is absolutely amazing and I'll try to explain as many reasons why as I can.

Getting to see the top card of your deck during your main phase is great; getting to decide whether to keep it there or put it back at the bottom of the deck is even better. Don't want to trigger that climax you saw? Put it at the bottom so it'll stay out of your stock and cancel damage for you later. Alternately, if you see a Comeback ("Door") climax and decide to leave it at the top, you know you're getting a character from the waiting room and can plan accordingly. Same goes for Gates ("Pants"), Returns ("Wind" or "Bounce"), etc. Long story short, Scryaka takes a lot of the randomness out of your next attack.

The second effect is just as nice. Draw-discard effects are great for filtering through your hand and deck by getting you more cards to help you right away in exchange for cards you'd rather not be holding at the moment (high-level characters you can't play yet or want to target with a Change effect, extra climaxes you want shuffled back into your deck after a refresh, and so on), and not only is it free, it's on a Level 0 character, so literally any deck can use it. Keep in mind that the second effect is not optional, though, so if you left a Magic character on top of your deck and wanted to use it for a trigger, attack with another character first.

To top everything off, this is a Sayaka-named card; I'll explain why that can be important later in the guide. The only real downside this card has is its relatively low power, which is a very small price to pay for the utility it brings. I'd suggest running at least two copies in every deck; I personally run four.

Quote:
MM/W17-004 CH Senior Magical Girl, Mami
Power: 500/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Tea
【AUTO】[(2)] When this card is placed on stage from your hand, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to one 《Magic》 character, reveal it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
【AUTO】【CLOCK】 Shift, Level 0 (At the beginning of your main phase, you may choose a yellow card in your hand and this card in your clock, and exchange them.)

MM/W35-003 CH Mami & Nagisa
Power: 2000/Soul: 1/Traits: Magic, Tea
【AUTO】 [(1) Put a card from your hand into your waiting room] When this card is placed on the stage from your hand, you may pay the cost. If you do, search your deck for up to one 《Magic》 character, reveal it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

MM/W17-053 EV Law of the Cycle
Level: 1/Cost: 1/Trigger: None
Search your deck for up to one 《Magic》 character, reveal it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.
"Tutor" effects let you search your deck directly for cards (usually limited to characters). While they're not nearly as important as in a lot of other card games due to being able to draw three or more cards per turn in WS, they can nevertheless be useful if you really need a specific card right away. If you do use either of these characters, Mami & Nagisa is generally considered better (especially in a deck that isn't heavy in Yellow since Senior Magical Girl, Mami's Shift would be less helpful) since two stock is usually more costly in the long run than one stock and a discard (and having to discard isn't always a bad thing, as I mentioned above with Scryaka.)

I basically mentioned the event to say not to use it. The original guide did a better job of explaining why than I could, but to sum it up, unless you're getting more than one character out of it, event tutors usually aren't worth the resources. At least with character tutors you're getting a body to attack with along with the character you searched out.

Last edited by Seika : 01-31-2016 at 06:38 PM.
Seika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 10:29 AM   #2
Seika

-----------------------------------
Old 01-25-2016, 02:55 PM   #3
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

SSJ_Sonikku is on a distinguished road

Since I don't have a 3rd for madoka's sake homura, I was thinking of including 1-2x of the green event to bring out a homura character. What do you guys think?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 01-25-2016, 03:16 PM   #4
celednb
Pojo Veteran

celednb is on a distinguished road

what does the rest of the deck look like?

the homura adv summon event is not a good idea in any deck barring possibly homura waifu to maybe adv summon the td homura
celednb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #5
Bird Jesus

Bird Jesus is on a distinguished road

Event's probably worse than the support considering you can search the latter

I'm not a terribly big fan of the idea of bringing her out early either

S U N H A T S
Bird Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #6
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by celednb View Post
what does the rest of the deck look like?

the homura adv summon event is not a good idea in any deck barring possibly homura waifu to maybe adv summon the td homura
The deck list is in the last few posts of the previous thread.

Old 01-26-2016, 08:44 AM   #7
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

This is my Homura/Madoka deck at the moment:
<br />
Lv0:<br />
2x brain storm homura<br />
3x Exterminate Nightmares Madoka<br />
2x Worrying Madoka<br />
4x pmhq Homura<br />
2x Real Memories Homura<br />
3x New World Madoka<br />
<br />
Lv1:<br />
2x Usual Homura<br />
3x True Power Madoka<br />
2x Resolution Homura<br />
4x Madoka thinking of Homura<br />
<br />
Lv2:<br />
3x The Only Hope, Homura<br />
2x Madoka' swaying feelings<br />
2x Morning glow Madoka<br />
<br />
Lv3:<br />
2x new Ultimate Madoka<br />
2x old Ultimate Madoka<br />
2x For Madoka's sake, Homura<br />
2x Devil Homura<br />
<br />
Cx:<br />
3x guide to salvation<br />
1x to the outside world<br />
4x truth behind the barrier<br />
<br />

Old 01-26-2016, 09:49 PM   #8
Seika

I'd say pass on the event too, one of the perks to FMS Homura is the ability to draw into and play more than one per turn, which is harder to do if you advance summon her, and Demon Homu isn't nearly as intimidating if she can't eat a Mado, which is again harder to do if you play her at Level 2 (plus you want to keep handsize up so you can pitch cards for clockkicks)

Started posting the guide, tell me how much it sucks folks
Old 02-03-2016, 10:10 PM   #9
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

The guide is looking good so far. Can't wait to see more.

Made some changes to me deck recently and I love how my Madoka/Homura looks so far. The changes I made are:
-1 to the outside world
+1 guide to salvation

-2 Resolution Homura
+2 1500 Back up Homura

-1 The only hope, Homura
+1 Madoka's Swaying feelings

-2 Morning glow Madoka
+2 Time Regressor Homura

The only thing I would like is maybe another for madoka's sake homura, but this seems good atm.

Old 02-08-2016, 05:47 AM   #10
skodsj
{。^◕‿◕^。}

skodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant future

Thank you for starting on the guide Seika, much appreciated.

I would like to ask you guys how a R/G madoka deck typically looks.

I have R/B/G at the moment and am looking at an alternative take on the deck that I will be building in addition to my current R/B/G. I did hear that R/G is the other main way to go, but am not sure how what card choices should be made in the absence of Sayaka's cards.

Could somebody help out?

Much thanks!

✿ Weiß Schwarz ✿
Madoka Magica | Love Live! | Love Live! Sunshine!! | Railgun / Index | Guilty Crown | Card Game Shiyoko
skodsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 06:30 AM   #11
celednb
Pojo Veteran

celednb is on a distinguished road

RG typically tries to leverage the 1/0 madoka stockcharge combo to get a really compressed first refresh and then going ham with your clockkicks.

The biggest issue the deck has is that it has a somewhat difficult time getting card advantage so I think the best options are either adding a bond engine at level 1, or splashing yellow for the 1/0 clockencore (because i think the green one is just so bad, I splashed yellow by just playing a 3/3/3 split of both mami tutors and the clockencore).

Skeleton for rg would look something like this, basically just missing the respective level 1 plan and your tech 0s:

Level 0 (9):
3x Homura Brainstorm
2x Red Kyubey
2x From The New World Madoka
1x To Protect Everyone Madoka
1x Homura global support

Level 1 (7):
4x Stockcharge Madoka
2x Suicider
1x Madoka Power Brainstorm shift

Level 2 (8):
3x Homura 2/2 Assist
3x A Magical Girl Appears
1x Kyoko Antichange counter
1x Freefresh Homura

Level 3 (8):
2x Advance Summon Madoka
2x New 3/2 Kyoko
4x CXC Homura

Climax:
4 Bar
4 Stocksoul

You can also go a different way and try the devil homura marker build with rg, which is probably worse than the other builds you can do but 18.5k clockkicks are fun and the deck holds its ground fairly well. This probably looks something like this:

Level 0 (16):

3x Homura Brainstorm
3x Kyubey Clockencore enabler
3x Madoka from the New World
3x Bond to 1/0 Madoka
2x Bond to lvl assist
2x Shift Bomb

Level 1 (11):

4x Stockcharge Madoka
3x Bonadable Madoka
2x Suicider
1x Hand Encore Kyoko
1x Clock Encore Homura

Level 2 (8):

3x Lvl Assist Madoka
3x A Magical Girl Appears
1x Kyoko Antichange counter
1x Freefresh Homura

Level 3 (7):

2x Devil Homura
2x New Kyoko
3x Ultimate Madoka (Heal)

Climax:

4 Gate
4 Stocksoul

The Sayaka Builds are gonna be the strongest ones though
celednb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 11:13 AM   #12
skodsj
{。^◕‿◕^。}

skodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant futureskodsj has a brilliant future

Thank you for that reply. It's very similar to what I've got for mono-green, except this is of course a strictly upgraded version because it gets more options from access to red cards.

That could be a bummer because I'll end up owning 2 decks that are functionally very similar. I guess I'll just have to live with that.

✿ Weiß Schwarz ✿
Madoka Magica | Love Live! | Love Live! Sunshine!! | Railgun / Index | Guilty Crown | Card Game Shiyoko
skodsj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:48 PM   #13
Yellow Balloon
check n' wreck

Yellow Balloon will become famous soon enough

So, I recently got the yellow deck core and I'm looking to upgrade it to something more competitive. How viable would something like this be?
Yellow Balloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #14
MagitekElite
我が大義、阻めるものなし!

MagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud ofMagitekElite has much to be proud of

i'm not sure if i would run the bar clockkick in that, you don't have wishes to draw into

pr clockkick/burn kyouko are good alternatives, and this deck needs gates anyway
Old 03-08-2016, 04:34 PM   #15
Yellow Balloon
check n' wreck

Yellow Balloon will become famous soon enough

Well, that would save me like $80, so I like that idea.
Yellow Balloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 05:22 PM   #16
ronelm2000
Fanfic Writer

ronelm2000 is on a distinguished road

something something Level 3s something

/sub /remind "Finish the Guide"
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote