Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Miscellaneous Card & Figure Games & Anime > Force of Will TCG
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2017, 12:40 PM   #1
CrazyCat
Rawr!

CrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud of
Default L3: Return of the Dragon Emperor

Official Product Page: http://fowtcg.com/product/63476873254354/
Release Date: March 10th, 2016

We're only about a month away from this set dropping, and since spoilers have already begun I figured we'd make a new thread for them.

Rulers look like they're going to be:
Gill Lapis (confirmed): R/B
Kaguya (confirmed): U/G
Pricia: R/G
Millium: L/U
Alhama'at: L/B

Link to the first spoiler article: http://fowtcg.com/news/4611/

Kaguya's back (yet again) and she's using Treasury Items again. So she has a good bit of Wanderer support already. She's a utility J-Ruler so she's going to be much harder to kill, and can get Barrier to stave away Moonbeam. She's got a buttload of awesome effects on her J-Ruler side, and all of the Treasury Items we saw in the article were very low cost, so flooding the board with them will be easy.

We also have this: http://fowtcg.com/event/return-of-th...release-event/

The promo card is one of the R/B cards (presumably) from the set. It looks incredibly powerful, although it's interesting that the promo is something from the set itself. I don't think FoW Inc has done that before.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
CrazyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2017, 04:35 PM   #2
Kestral287
Department Head

Kestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant future

L1 promos were all from the structure deck if that counts?

Kaguya stuff is early but the Lunar Researcher synergies are as obvious as they are busted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh View Post
Read Kestral's. He owns my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
ITT: Kestral wrecking everyone.
Kestral287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:28 AM   #3
CrazyCat
Rawr!

CrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud ofCrazyCat has much to be proud of

I suppose. But at least Tama had been revealed for a while.

Tonights spoilers are looking like Pricia stuff, according to facebook. And Mariabella seems to make a surprising return.

Additional Comment:

So we're three articles in, what's everyones opinions?

Pricia seems pretty strong. Even barring her support, she has a turn 2 kill potential and is an amazing aggro Ruler.

Millium was a little less exciting. I doubt he'll be competitive, but seeing more Force support is nice. Millium seems like a 100% win-more card to be honest

Tachikaze Clan Leader

Last edited by CrazyCat : 02-14-2017 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-14-2017, 03:28 PM   #4
Kestral287
Department Head

Kestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant future

Millium is really, really bad. A ruler that does nothing on face and requires you to play bad cards is unacceptable. He's cool but straight up kitchen table.

Pricia rocks. T2 kills using only cards that I want to use anyway is fantastic, and she actually has some interesting lines with the cycling option. She's got enough to intrigue me as a deckbuilder at least.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-14-2017, 09:38 PM   #5
SomeGamerDude
Pojo Veteran

SomeGamerDude is a jewel in the roughSomeGamerDude is a jewel in the roughSomeGamerDude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral287 View Post
Millium is really, really bad. A ruler that does nothing on face and requires you to play bad cards is unacceptable. He's cool but straight up kitchen table.
FoW has a kitchen table? IMO it's a little too strong and obvious for kitchen table play beyond the excuse of 'BUT I LIKE HIM/HER. THEY ARE MY WAIFU/HUSBANDO!'
SomeGamerDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 12:24 AM   #6
Kestral287
Department Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGamerDude View Post
FoW has a kitchen table? IMO it's a little too strong and obvious for kitchen table play beyond the excuse of 'BUT I LIKE HIM/HER. THEY ARE MY WAIFU/HUSBANDO!'
What do you mean by strong and obvious?

And people have to play their terrible waifus somewhere.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #7
CrazyCat
Rawr!

I assume "kitchen table" refers to very casual/at home play?

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-16-2017, 12:38 AM   #8
SomeGamerDude
Pojo Veteran

SomeGamerDude is a jewel in the roughSomeGamerDude is a jewel in the roughSomeGamerDude is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral287 View Post
What do you mean by strong and obvious?

And people have to play their terrible waifus somewhere.
Very few decks and card interactions in force of will require much brain power and the card power level is too high, like Pokemon.
Old 02-16-2017, 02:37 AM   #9
Kestral287
Department Head

Quote:
Very few decks and card interactions in force of will require much brain power and the card power level is too high, like Pokemon.
I dunno, have you looked at Tufford's list from Atlanta?

And honestly control is not easy to play at all.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-16-2017, 07:10 AM   #10
CrazyCat
Rawr!

Quote:
I would have to argue this isn't true in the slightest.

The game has a very high skill cap. I once read an article where someone said "Due to the way the battle system works, there are way more possibilities for ways turns can play out than there are in MTG or Yugioh" and I think that's relatively spot on. Reading tempo and knowing when to go aggressive vs when to hold mana up for cancels is very key, and you need to consistently be thinking 2-3 turns ahead.

Honestly I wonder why you bother posting here anymore. You pop up randomly just to bag on some aspect of the game, then disappear until you're ready to do it again.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #11
SomeGamerDude
Pojo Veteran

I'm a personal carer for a year, kinda why my doing anything has dropped off the radar. Kinda have to ram everything into small allotments of time.

I bag the game because there is a lot of potential squandered by garbage fire developers/Japanese attitudes not meshing with quality tcgs. Frankly FoW just needs Stone decks altered to disincentivise 3+ colours, opening up of card design, lower the power level a smidgen.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:26 PM   #12
CrazyCat
Rawr!

Lapis' reveal was tonight. My thoughts: http://thecitadelgaming.blogspot.com...pressions.html

This article was a huge let down. I was really looking forward to this theme, and it just feels... bad. Lapis is slow and lacks real synergy, and all his support just feels clunky or bad. Sincerely hope we get something that redeems it.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-17-2017, 01:22 AM   #13
Kestral287
Department Head

A couple solid cards there; the removal spell is absurdly good for one. A lot of jank too, which is unfortunate. ValenShion is interesting too; I like removal spells on large creatures.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2017, 08:02 AM   #14
CrazyCat
Rawr!

I'm not sold on the kill spell. RFGing doesn't really get around any big threats that destruction can't, and having the secondary effects on Plot or Endless just seem leagues better.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-17-2017, 11:16 AM   #15
Kestral287
Department Head

It's mostly relevant for Gil right now unless Colossus makes an odd comeback, aye. But a kill spell that makes my judgment cheaper is great.

There are a lot of minor grave effects floating around but none of them are a big enough deal for me to consider maining this card in anything else.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-17-2017, 12:54 PM   #16
CrazyCat
Rawr!

Even with all the grave effects, I doubt I'd consider dropping a 3-cost removal spell on something like a Rukh Egg. Even if it does help Gill get his RFG threshold, I honestly haven't seen any real incentives to play him over any other Ruler we have.

I'd normally say I'd want to wait to see the rest of his support before I judge him so harshly, but his Ruler ability is just so slow and counterproductive. A deck having to carry a bad Ruler is a terribly designed deck from the get-go.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-17-2017, 10:01 PM   #17
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

Twaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud of

I sorta want to mess around with Kaguya and Pricia.

But one guy at my locals won't play because he loses because he's new to the game and doesn't get better because he won't play because he loses because

The other one rarely shows up

So I dunno if I can justify sinking anything into it
I mean yeah I also spend a decent chunk on Vanguard which only one other guy has a deck for but he's at least consistently willing to play the game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther View Post
nerd + time - skill = twi
Quote:
Originally Posted by icebarrierguy View Post
>gets on league
>not 1 second later gets a msg from twi
>leaves
Twaifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:17 PM   #18
Kestral287
Department Head

Pricia is love, Pricia is life.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #19
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

Twaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud ofTwaifu has much to be proud of

Honestly I'm probably gonna drop this game once rotation hits
Quote:
Quote:
>gets on league
>leaves
Old 02-21-2017, 07:34 AM   #20
CrazyCat
Rawr!

Not super impressed with the Alice stuff. Also really bummed we didn't see the final Ruler for whatever reason.

The -2/-2 Addition is sweet. I think that'll see main/side deck play. None of the other cards really struck me as all that good, though.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-21-2017, 07:50 PM   #21
Kestral287
Department Head

I want to build a janky Wanderer deck around Alice/Schrodinger.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 02-23-2017, 07:09 PM   #22
CrazyCat
Rawr!

Holy busted mechanics, Batman! We got leaks on Gill Alhama'at: http://www.grinningremnant.com/the-t...uler-revealed/

And once we stop hyping over him, the preview article tonight wasn't bad at all. Eia looks nice for a water finisher, although I doubt he'll replace Charlotte in a U/B control build since he still eats removal chants. The new Treasury Item is bonkers.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-23-2017, 08:00 PM   #23
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

Saw **** about 3 sided rulers on after dark
Not sure if prank or not
I'm guessing probs prank
Quote:
Quote:
>gets on league
>leaves
Old 02-23-2017, 08:11 PM   #24
CrazyCat
Rawr!

The video got removed, and Jordan was pretty adamant about it getting removed from the reddit almost immediately after it got posted. I'm gonna say it's legit until further notice.

Tachikaze Clan Leader
Old 02-23-2017, 10:29 PM   #25
Twaifu
B A Z O O B O I S

meh 10char
Quote:
Quote:
>gets on league
>leaves