Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-07-2017, 08:43 PM   #1
Brave V-Decker
A Filthy Casual

Brave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to all
Default Dimension Police Discussion 5: Galactic Governers of Justice

Running out of space in exsisting topic so getting the next one prepared.

Quote:
Dimension Police (ディメンジョンポリス Dimenjon Porisu) is a clan from the Star Gate nation, thematically based around superheroes and super villains from Tokusatsu and Super Mecha shows. The Clan first Debuted in Booster Set 03: Demonic Lord Invasion however wasn't a playable full clan until Booster Set 04: Eclipse of Illusionary Shadows

The classic core of Dimension Police's Heroes is a focus around powering up their vanguard and unlocking their vanguard's skills, which trigger upon having a certain amount of power before the attack step, this has changed overtime be it due to different timings, such as "when this unit attacks" or "at the end of the battle that this unit attcked" or an evolution of the base concept with rearguards giving not just power but also additional abilities to the vanguard.

Dimension Police's Villains, as joined the fray in Booster Set 08 Blue Storm Armada, instead focus on sapping power from the opponent's Vanguard and gaining abilities if their battle opponent's power is equal to or less than a specified threshold.

Recent Clan Support has been focused around the BURST keyword which unlocks abilities for both your Vanguard and Rearguards at specified power intervals.

Dimension Police is home to the iconic and infamous Daikaiser series which has effects that retire the opponent's guardians to make it even harder to block their high powered Vanguard attacks.

In the anime, the members of Team Caesar; Kenji Mitsusada, Gai Usui, and Yuri Usui use this clan.
Kenji's deck is based on the Dimensional Robos archetype, while Yuri's is based on the Enigman series.
In Asia Circuit Jun Mutsuki also used the clan featuring the Zeal ride chain.
Philippe Neve uses the Dimension Police during Season 4 (Legion Mate), his deck focused on Metalborgs.
Throughout Cardfight!! Vanguard G , Karl Yamaji uses a Dimension Police deck focused on the Enigmans. And during the Cardfight!! Vanguard G: Stride Gate arc, Hiroki Moriyama uses a Dimension Police deck based around Cosmic Heroes.
General Deck Builds:
Quote:
Dimensional Robo: The Limit Break stylised faction of DP as led by Super Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser that focuses on Guard Breaking and Superior Riding. Your main forerunner usually will be Daishoot, though alternative options include Daimagnum, Goyusha, Daihawk or Cosmic Hero Grandseed and Grandhop.

Metalborg: The Legion lead Archtype of DP that focuses on Guard Restriction as it's main gambit. Their ace comes in the form of Metalborg Sinbuster whom while in Legion brings out the full power of their dedicated G-Unit Supports. Your main forerunner here will be Locobattler, though Blackboi, Grandseed and Grandhop all work as suitable alternatives.

Enigman: The first ride chain of DP and was around as the first playable deck the clan had. Their Play Style focuses on unlocking various abilities of their Vanguards once their power reaches a certain threshold. Your starter here will be Enigman Flow.

Zeal: The second ride chain of DP and chief representative of the Kaiju Villains featured within the clan. His deck focuses on reducing the power of your opponent's vanguard on each successful ride of the next grade. Your starter will almost always be Larva Beast, Zeal. A kew support card will be Evolutionary Monster, Davain as you work towards riding either Galatic Beast Zeal or the more recent Legion Leader to which it has been demoted to being partner of, New Era Beast, Zeal.

Cosmic Heroes: The The Vanguard-G series of DP support that focuses on empowering the both the Vanguard and Rearguards to form high power lanes all around. Your starter here will primarily be Grandseed or Grandhop.

Burst:Originally a progression of Cosmic Heroes with Great Cosmic Hero, Grandgallop at the helm but has developed into a mix of Cosmic Heroes and Enigman with a new form of Grandgallop, bearing the name Bravest Rush Grandgallop now the focal point the deck works around.
Special Mentions
Quote:
Commander Luarel is a notorious card and Dimension Police is where he lives, however it is important to note that not all of Dimension Police's Decks will actually benefit from this asset. Namely Cosmic Hero and Burst will want to avoid his usage.

Daikaiser Leon used to be considered a Fail Condition back when the G-Zone was only 8 Cards, his Status upgraded over Time, especially with G-Guards, who bought with them the G-Zone Expansion, in the picture. These days he's a staple 4-of for the robo deck and a standard component for the deck's game progression but the conditions in which you do and do not want to use him remain unchanged. Conditions to meet for striding Leon are Laurel on board or Opponent at 4-5 damage if neither condition is fulfilled his pressure will be lacking.

Although while not consistently topping tournaments Dimension Police is a clan that benefited greatly from the G-Zone Expansion that came along with the introduction of G-Guardians due to the clan having it's own internal Ice Element, Blizza in the shape of Super Cosmic Hero, X-Tiger.

Dimension Police has the option of a deck that was christened "Crazy Diamond" by it's original creator and the name has stuck with all revisions of this build since regardless of who it was running it. The concept is to use the Engiman Ride Chain combined with the (Dai)Kaiser series and as many grade 3's as possible to present a consistent threat of Guard Breaking, in G-Era the deck style also results in achieving a consistent and constant flow of stride, For all the pressure this build can exert though it has the weakest defensive situation out of all the build the clan holds.

We have the OBARI
Remember when Robos struggled for space and had to run either Earth OR Leon at only 2 while the other was at 4? How times have changed huh?

Dimension Police Clan Leader
Image links to my blog. Credit for Signiture Image to Raphelancia
Kind Regards - A "Filthy Casual"

Last edited by Brave V-Decker : 01-08-2017 at 11:42 AM.
Brave V-Decker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:02 PM   #2
ArchAvalon
Holy Seraphim

ArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to all

I sub from upon Heaven...The angels have noticed you and welcome thee.

Thanks to Raphelancia for the Sig
ArchAvalon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:12 PM   #3
Yagrush
The D

Yagrush has a spectacular aura aboutYagrush has a spectacular aura aboutYagrush has a spectacular aura about

Subadubdub.
Yagrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:24 PM   #4
Rokaiser
Star Gate Outlaw

Rokaiser will become famous soon enoughRokaiser will become famous soon enough

Yeeeeeeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaw! The self proclaimed Star Gate vigilante has come.

Decks:
Grandgallop
Bloody Dragger
Bladewing Assassain
Jewel Knights

Formerly KidAtrocitus
Rokaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 11:45 PM   #5
BuraiDX
Knockout Fighter

BuraiDX will become famous soon enoughBuraiDX will become famous soon enough

Subbing for Daimax hype.

Vanguard Trades
BuraiDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 03:53 AM   #6
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

SHOOTING STAR NEOS is on a distinguished road

I'm here to wreck people with giant robots.
SHOOTING STAR NEOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:07 AM   #7
Touma Callum
Imagine Breaker!

Touma Callum is just really niceTouma Callum is just really niceTouma Callum is just really niceTouma Callum is just really nice

Subing for more Justice
Old 01-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #8
Playerred_1
~STAR★GATE★KAISER~

Playerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud of

Tou!
Subbing for the future ^_^

My YouTube Channel
Current CFV Decks: |Guns & Roses 「D-Robo」|Century☆COLOR 「Blau」|Made In Heaven 「Freezeray Messiah」|Gold Experience 「Bluish Flames」|SHOCKER Gundan 「Machining」|DARK PRISON 「Luard Diablo」
Current YGO Decks: |Riders in the Sky 「Dragunity」|Beyond the Time 「Masked HERO」|
Playerred_1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:56 PM   #9
ArchAvalon
Holy Seraphim

ArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to allArchAvalon is a name known to all

I have three decks currently slated for testing (either when I get the time IRL to proxy the full decks or whenever CFA decides to update *never*). Im open to suggestions on all three builds so we can think tank this as best as possible to insure the best results when playing. Always for the best of all of us when it comes to building the decks we think will work the most consistently and achieve the most desired effects...VICTORY THROUGH JUSTICE.

Cosmic Hero
Quote:
1 Cosmic Hero, Grandhop *Starting Vanguard
4 Cosmic Hero, Grandrescue
4 Cosmic Hero, Grandbeat
2 Justice Gold
4 Operation Girl, Reika
2 Operation Girl, Rinka

3 Cosmic Hero, Grandguard
1 Enigman Calm
4 Cosmic Hero, Grandrope
4 Enigman Blanc
2 Cosmic Hero, Grandvicle

4 Cosmic Hero, Grandvolver
4 Enigman Helm
3 Cosmic Hero, Grandrifter
1 Cosmic Hero, Grandberet

4 Bravest Rush, Grandgallop
3 Great Cosmic Hero, Grandgallop

4 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Gallop
2 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Tiger
2 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Lead
1 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Phoenix
1 Great Galaxy Governor, Commander Laurel D
1 Air Element, Sebreeze
2 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Carivou
1 Gallant Incarnation, G-0-Five
1 Enigman Patriot
1 Dark Element, Dizmel
Dimensional Robo
Quote:
1 Dimensional Robo, Daishoot *Starting Vanguard
4 Dimensional Robo, Gorescue
4 Dimensional Robo, Daibattle
4 Dimensional Robo, Daiwolf
4 Dimensional Robo, Daicrane

4 Dimensional Robo, Daishield
4 Dimensional Robo, Daibrave
3 Dimensional Robo, Dailion
2 Commander Laurel

4 Dimensional Robo, Dailesson
4 Dimensional Robo, Daibazooka
3 Dimensional Robo, Daijet

4 Super Dimensional Robo, Daikasier
3 True Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser
2 Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyusha

4 99th-gen Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth
4 Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser LEON
4 Dimensional Robo Commander-Admiral, Final Daimax
2 Gallant Incarnation, G-0-Five
Enigman
Quote:
1 Enigman Zephyr *Starting Vanguard
4 Enigman Foehn
4 Enigman Sunset
4 Cosmic Hero, Grandbeat
4 Enigman Mistral

3 Cosmic Hero, Grandguard
1 Enigman Calm
4 Enigman Blanc
4 Enigman Squall
2 Cosmic Hero, Grandrope

4 Enigman Cresent
4 Enigman Helm
4 Enigman Nightsky

4 Enigman Gigastorm
3 Enigman Mega Current

4 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Gallop
2 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Tiger
1 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Lead
1 Super Cosmic Hero, X-Phoenix
2 Great Galaxy Governor, Commander Laurel D
1 Air Element, Sebreeze
1 Gallant Incarnation, G-0-Five
1 Enigman Patriot
1 Dark Element, Dizmel

Old 01-09-2017, 01:37 AM   #10
anblader001
Ive had it

anblader001 is on a distinguished road

I'd up the g1 Laurel count on Drobos to 3, it's still a very important card for the deck and it's ability to make comebacks outside of breakride plays (not to mention with the new starter when they're on g2, pguard or bust). How has the new starter and daibrave been playing out for you going first and second?

As for Cosmic Heroes, 4 Grandrifter. Card advantage is hard to come by in dpolice and he's one of the only guys that does that while also being one of the few units that can give vanguard pumps without having an initial power requirement to meet (you do have to meet 45k for the draw but its on attack so pretty easy once you do your regular pumps + boost).
anblader001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 03:55 AM   #11
Brave V-Decker
A Filthy Casual

Brave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to allBrave V-Decker is a name known to all

This is where I currently stand

Quote:
DR17-P5.1 BO1VER
GRADE 0 17
4x Dimensional Robo, Daibattles
1x Dimensional Robo, Daishoot (FV)
4x Dimensional Robo, Daiwolf
4x Dimensional Robo, Gorescue
4x Justice Gold
GRADE 1 (13)
3x Commander Laurel
4x Cosmic Hero, Granguard
4x Dimensional Robo Operator, Yuka
2x Dimensional Robo, Daibrave
GRADE 2 (10)
4x Dimensional Robo, Daibazooka
3x Dimensional Robo, Daidragon
3x Dimensional Robo, Daijet
GRADE 3 (10)
4x Super Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser
1x Super Dimensional Robo, Shadowkaiser
2x True Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser
1x Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daikaiser
2x Ultimate Dimensional Robo, Great Daiyusha
G-DECK
4x 99th-gen Dimensional Robo Commander, Great Daiearth
4x Legendary Dimensional Robo, Daikaiser Leon
4x Dimensional Robo Commander Admiral, Final Daimax
2x G-0-5
2x Super Cosmic Hero, X-Carivou
I have a DR17-P5.1 BO3-VER that is similar but -2 Daibrave for +1 Commander Laurel and +1 Daihawk.
Despite that then only leaving 4 Grade 1 targets for Daihawk to use I don't see that as an issue given you'll have access to calling all grades by the time you use Daihawk.

I want to drop something for 1 X-Lead, and maybe 1 Tiger but certainly 1 X-Lead as an Alt Stride A should the Counterblast not exist at that time for Daiearth for whatever reason. Still debating what to drop.

Jobu has his way of doing it and I might try that if I can't make a decision but X-Lead as an Alt Stride A I have seen the value of.

In Trying Burst it was a mess crashing into itself, however I never found Counterblast to be an issue and so.
Quote:
G0-(17)
1x Cosmic Hero, Grandhop *Starting Vanguard
4x (Heal of preference)
4x Cosmic Hero, Grandbeat
2x Justice Cobalt/Gold (just make sure it has Justuce in it's name :P)
4x Operation Girl, Reika
2x Operation Girl, Rinka

G1-(15)
4x Enigman Calm
4x Cosmic Hero, Grandrope
4x Enigman Blanc
3x Cosmic Hero, Grandlady

G2-(11)
4x Cosmic Hero, Grandvolver
3x Enigman Helm
4x Cosmic Hero, Grandrifter

G3-(7)
4x Bravest Rush, Grandgallop
3x Great Cosmic Hero, Grandgallop

G-Zone
4x Super Cosmic Hero, X-Gallop
2x Super Cosmic Hero, X-Tiger
2x Super Cosmic Hero, X-Lead
1x Super Cosmic Hero, X-Phoenix
2x Great Galaxy Governor, Commander Laurel D
1x Air Element, Sebreeze
2x Super Cosmic Hero, X-Carivou
1x Gallant Incarnation, G-0-5
1x Dark Element, Dizmel
ALL THE CALMS.

Enigman I've not even done any tests for yet. Shame on me I know, but I did toy with Metalborgs for sake of... I found where the 1 common Kaiju from this set can call home at least working along side Grandranger in the Grade 1 line-up to increase the guard amount needed for Heavy Duke but that's about it.

Last edited by Brave V-Decker : 01-09-2017 at 12:00 PM.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 AM   #12
Yagrush
The D

Yagrush has a spectacular aura aboutYagrush has a spectacular aura aboutYagrush has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave V-Decker View Post
ALL THE CALMS.
Hell yeh. Was starting to think that I was the only that was gonna run 4x Calms
Old 01-09-2017, 12:38 PM   #13
DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm will become famous soon enough

So why do Cosmic Heroes still not have a real first stride play?
DukeLukewarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 12:43 PM   #14
Playerred_1
~STAR★GATE★KAISER~

Playerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud ofPlayerred_1 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeLukewarm View Post
So why do Cosmic Heroes still not have a real first stride play?
They've got Laurel and X-Lead tho?

My YouTube Channel
Current CFV Decks: |Guns & Roses 「D-Robo」|Century☆COLOR 「Blau」|Made In Heaven 「Freezeray Messiah」|Gold Experience 「Bluish Flames」|SHOCKER Gundan 「Machining」|DARK PRISON 「Luard Diablo」
Current YGO Decks: |Riders in the Sky 「Dragunity」|Beyond the Time 「Masked HERO」|
Old 01-09-2017, 12:49 PM   #15
DukeLukewarm

DukeLukewarm will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playerred_1 View Post
They've got Laurel and X-Lead tho?
I honestly cannot see X-Lead's benefit for the life of me and Laurel feels kind of mediocre compared to every other clan's restanding strides.
DukeLukewarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 01:26 PM   #16
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
I honestly cannot see X-Lead's benefit for the life of me and Laurel feels kind of mediocre compared to every other clan's restanding strides.
If laurel had the standard stride base power that card would've been really good.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:28 PM   #17
Brave V-Decker
A Filthy Casual

Quote:
X-Lead works best in with robos, such as the likes of Daishoot and Daibarret, than he seems to with Cosmics, the best type of units for him are those that you rest for his skill then can enter the soul or leave the board of their own digression at a moments notice for further boosts of power, after that you call down another in the rested units place (or don't bother if you think you're already packing enough punch.)

Old 01-09-2017, 02:41 PM   #18
Playerred_1
~STAR★GATE★KAISER~

Quote:
The jury is still out on X-Lead in Cosmics, but Laurel is a pretty safe for Cosmics to go into if only because it's a solid break-even when it whiffs.

My YouTube Channel
Old 01-11-2017, 09:55 AM   #19
Brave V-Decker
A Filthy Casual

Something I failed to notice with Giga Storm until something was pointed out on the card. I missed the "Until end of turn" part of the power gain
Simply Combat 1: +4000, Combat 2: +8000, Combat 3: +12000 Which when you think about that means you're 3rd attack is 3 Stages higher than it was originally, accumulate power resulting in an increasing threat.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:41 PM   #20
Yagrush
The D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave V-Decker View Post
Something I failed to notice with Giga Storm until something was pointed out on the card. I missed the "Until end of turn" part of the power gain
Simply Combat 1: +4000, Combat 2: +8000, Combat 3: +12000 Which when you think about that means you're 3rd attack is 3 Stages higher than it was originally, accumulate power resulting in an increasing threat.
I just read your post. I think most of us did (I certainly didn't notice it o3o). I think it makes Giga Storm substantially better and gives the deck much more potential.. but we still need a good Enigman stride for the deck to be something more than a fun deck, though.

Additional Comment:

Soo, stuff I've seen so far with testing Cosmic Heroes

1. Enigman Calm is indeed pretty great and I did not feel a thing from not playing Grandguard and Calm is simply too good. Plusses like that are hard to come by, so we might aswell take what we can.

2. I might keep testing the possibility in running draw triggers instead of playing 6 Stands. I feel draw triggers are pretty good in such a multi-attack infested meta, specially on such a slow-ish deck with no early game like this one. Aggro decks are still our worst match-ups, so this seems like a tempting change. The stand I would drop is Reika, i've not missed her +4k, and Rinka's utility and pseudo pressure exceeds it in my opinion

3. X-Lead seems to be by far the go-to first stride most of the time.

4. Grandsmasher is godlike.

5. Laurel D I've mostly used for its multi-attack potential on it whiffing, so most of the time when I have hand to spare and I need to mount on the pressure, I go for it. As you can see, stuff like Rinka and Grandbeat being good rest fodder and replacing themselves, and Grandsmasher being a tremendous restand target helps the stride A LOT. This applies to X-Lead aswell for the same reasons

6. Did I mention Grandsmasher is godlike?

Last edited by Yagrush : 01-11-2017 at 08:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-11-2017, 08:13 PM   #21
ArchAvalon
Holy Seraphim

I have a very serious question and observation...

I want everyone to reread this skill carefully
Quote:
Burst-[AUTO](RC) Generation Break 3:When your vanguard attacks, if your vanguard's [Power] is 30000 or greater, until end of turn, this unit gets [Power]+4000, and if your vanguard's [Power] is 60000 or greater, this unit gets [Critical]+1.
Now, as you can clearly see the "until end of turn" clause is only shown for the first part of the ability to give this unit +4000 Power, while the ability to get +1 Critical DOES NOT. Now, I know what you're saying..."Because it uses the AND to break the sentences instead of THEN that the UNTIL END OF TURN clause pertains to both effects". However, after checking other cards with the same formatting ALL OF THEM say "Until end of turn" for both skills....Grandvicle, Grandvolver, Grandmantle, Enigman Mega Current, Enigman Zephyr...BRAVEST RUSH GRANDGALLOP DO NOT.

So my Question is simple....Did they forget to add it (or reformatted how they want to skill to work) OR DOES HE PERMANENTLY KEEP THE +1 CRITICAL?!

Old 01-11-2017, 08:26 PM   #22
JonA011

JonA011 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchAvalon View Post

So my Question is simple....Did they forget to add it (or reformatted how they want to skill to work) OR DOES HE PERMANENTLY KEEP THE +1 CRITICAL?!
I'd assume it is an error. However, take advantage while you can XD

YasuieVanquisherGallopVictorDarknessRaging
JonA011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 02:36 AM   #23
Brave V-Decker
A Filthy Casual

I would assume he is intended to only gain the critical +1 until end of the turn, but if it sticks as a permanent that means only needing to get as high as 60k once to turn him into a constant pressure card. I would advice though that this be one of those occasions we ask Bushiroad about.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:54 AM   #24
RATesting123
Learning the Ropes

RATesting123 is on a distinguished road

You missed a key word here "and".
RATesting123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 06:58 AM   #25
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RATesting123 View Post
You missed a key word here "and".
he clearly mentions that it uses and to break the sentence.