Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Comic Books & HeroClix & Superhero Movies > Comic Book Chat
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2016, 01:12 AM   #1
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

leokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant future
Default Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2

The first teaser trailer is out. So far looks like business as usual, which isn't a bad thing. Of course they are promising a more emotional ride this time.

My Deviantart Account: http://leokearon.deviantart.com/
leokearon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 12:30 AM   #2
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

leokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant futureleokearon has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dW1BIid8Osg

The second trailer is out and it is really funny

Last edited by leokearon : 12-04-2016 at 12:48 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 12:42 PM   #3
RustyRobo
BABY GROOT <3!!!

RustyRobo is a splendid one to beholdRustyRobo is a splendid one to beholdRustyRobo is a splendid one to beholdRustyRobo is a splendid one to beholdRustyRobo is a splendid one to beholdRustyRobo is a splendid one to beholdRustyRobo is a splendid one to behold

Really excited for this. Next year is going to be pretty packed.

Additional Comment:

Not to mention that Baby Groot is the most disgustingly adorable thing I've ever seen it's so fricken cute I want ten

Formally KnightInRustyArmor

Yugi decks: Ghostricks, Fluffal, and Kozmos (fite me)
Vanguard: Breakride Nubatama (reprint Shiranui plz), Yasuie, Magatsu, and Raizers.

Last edited by RustyRobo : 12-04-2016 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
RustyRobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2016, 12:21 AM   #4
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyRobo View Post
Really excited for this. Next year is going to be pretty packed.

Additional Comment:

Not to mention that Baby Groot is the most disgustingly adorable thing I've ever seen it's so fricken cute I want ten
Yeah and I thought this year was packed.

Baby Groot is really cute he really wants to press that button

Old 12-05-2016, 01:53 PM   #5
Pojo
Administrator

Pojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to beholdPojo is a splendid one to behold

Made me chuckle as well.
Pojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 01:06 AM   #6
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

Well the trailer is a big hit, it is the second most viewed trailer on Youtube with over 81 Million views in just one day

Old 12-08-2016, 07:01 PM   #7
Doctor Who
Hear Me Roar!

Doctor Who is on a distinguished road

I AM GROOOOOT!

That's not a good sign.

NEVER FORGET WHAT YOU ARE. THE REST OF THE WORLD WILL NOT. WEAR IT AS ARMOR AND IT CAN NEVER BE USED TO HURT YOU. ~Tyrion Lannister~
Doctor Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 07:47 AM   #8
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

D-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the rough

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 only takes place a few months after its 2014 predecessor, but the eponymous protagonists have already managed to piss off some more alien evildoers. Although the previews released for the highly anticipated sequel have been colorful and exciting, the only villains we've seen in action are some rogue Ravagers and a freaky inter-dimensional space monster. Now thanks to the new Super Bowl TV spot, we finally have our first official looks at the two main antagonists: Ayesha and Taserface.

Let's start with Ayesha, played by Elizabeth Debicki, the golden High Priestess and leader of the genetically-altered race known as the Sovereign people. As far as the golden goes, Ayesha definitely fits the part, from her attire to complexion. It was originally reported that Ayesha will hire the Guardians for a job, but as seen in the new preview, evidently things take a turn for the worse judging by the golden monarch asking the Guardians who the hell they think they are. Although Ayesha's comic book incarnation (who has also been known by Kistmet, Her and Paragon) has primarily been a heroine, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2's protagonists shouldn't count on her MCU iteration being an ally to them. Even though we don't know yet what transpires between Ayesha and the Guardians, they'll need to be careful not to underestimate her.

Then there's Chris Sullivan's Taserface, who is definitely not a looker. Taserface is a member of the Ravagers, but during Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, he will lead a mutiny against Yondu after perceiving the leader of this gang of space pirates as having gone soft due to his attachment to Peter Quill. The MCU's Taserface doesn't bear a lot of resemblance to his comic book counterpart except for one thing: hating the Guardians of the Galaxy. It remains unclear whether Taseface will only be working with the Ravagers under his command or if he'll eventually form an alliance with Ayesha, but he also looks like he'll be a formidable opponent. Not a beauty pageant contender, though.
D-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2017, 10:04 AM   #9
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

The Superbowl trailer was very good, especially Mantis getting hit by the rock

Old 02-08-2017, 12:07 PM   #10
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

D-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the rough

Hmm true - Esp about Mantis - first seen in the pages of the Marvel comics in 1973, Mantis is a half-Vietnamese and half-German woman with ties to the alien race known as the Kree. But James Gunn often makes changes when translating from page to screen, but accordin to Mr Marvel (Feige)

Quote:
James was doing something very unique with Mantis, who has never really encountered other people and other humans before. She makes Drax look like the most world-savvy person there is. ... She comes into the story along with the Kurt Russell character, and doesn't know the other characters and doesn't know much of the world. But there is a -- talking about the bondings between characters -- she and Drax spend a lot of time together in this story, as well.
Marvel is so far sittin somewhat tight -lipped about Kurt Russell's character, Ego the Living Planet, but I think I can tell you that Mantis (played by Pom Klementieff) travels with Ego -- we saw them together on his ship at the end of the latest Guardians trailer -- and that her powers are mainly of empathy. She can feel what others feel. As Klementieff explains in his latest Empire Mag interview :-

Quote:
She can change emotions. ... There is not a lot of things to say about that. It's just, yeah, she feels things, you know, by touching people and so she can feel things and change emotion
s.

Knowing the full range of emotions that rage through the Guardians, I'm sure that Mantis' power is going to come in handy. I don't know if she is a fighter, though. Pom Klementieff said that her fighting style is "different" than what it might have been in the comics, but wouldn't elaborate on if it involved martial arts. She'd only say "different."

Yeah, some secrets stay on a set visit.

I will say that there have been rumors that Mantis eventually becomes a member of the Guardians of the Galaxy team, which was solidified in the group shot, from the Super Bowl trailers last scene..
Old 03-01-2017, 12:49 AM   #11
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

Another trailer out and it still looks very good. We finally get to see Ego on screen and it loks like this is going to be more action packed that the last one

Old 03-03-2017, 09:50 PM   #12
SpiritZarathos

SpiritZarathos is on a distinguished road

Baby Groot looks like Sackboy Groot.
"When other men blindly follow the Truth, you must remember...Nothing is True. When other men are bound by morality and laws, you must remember....Everything is Permitted. We work in the Dark, to serve the Light. We are Assassins."

SpiritZarathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 09:30 AM   #13
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Well James Gunn has revealed that the majority of the new trailer's contents come from the first fifteen minutes of the film. This is likely in reference to the Guardian's opening battle with that scary space octopus monster. Regarding that scene, we've known about this fight long before any footage or images from Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 was ever released. The very first concept art shows the group battling the monster, with the group originally all using jetpacks to fight off the monster. Although the footage from the trailer makes it seem like Drax and Gamora are planted firmly on the ground, perhaps the group will surprise us with a full on jetpack battle. How cool would that be?

Indeed, the overall plot of Guardians 2 still seems pretty vague. All we're shown is that there's some sort of conflict with a gold clad group, and Peter Quill's father will eventually show up. Considering we've been privy to Kurt Russell's casting as Ego the Living Planet, the latter truly wasn't much of a revelation. Instead, we got a few glimpses into these moments, activating fans' palates for the full sequel.

Other than those moments, the majority of the trailer's footage show off very vague, albeit awesome, moments of action from the film. This didn't reveal much of anything, as well all knew there would be plenty of action and laughs in the next installment into the Guardians franchise.

Concern over trailers' footage has been a growing one over the past few years. Some trailer producers tend to give away the majority of a film's contents, thus ruining the moments of surprise and excitement which should come with a moviegoing experience. And regarding comic book movies, we can look to Zack Snyder's Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice as an example of what NOT to do. Because in addition to showing a bunch of awesome lines from the movie, the full length trailer gave away Doomsday's inclusion in the third act, essentially ruining one of the big twists of the film.
Old 03-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #14
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

It seems that we might still be seeing Ego as a living planet after all, as Kurt is only playing one of his Avatars

Old 04-30-2017, 12:51 AM   #15
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

Saw it yesterday and it is a great movie. Very emotional which will have you laughing, crying, feeling Happy, sad and angry. Loads of Easter Eggs and Cameos. The cast is all great and everyone gets some development.

Old 05-06-2017, 03:34 PM   #16
WildWill
WiseArse

WildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud of

I cannot believe I cried at the end
Old 05-08-2017, 12:08 AM   #17
leokearon
Tyrant Sun S. Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWill View Post
I cannot believe I cried at the end
Same here, GOTG2 is very good when it comes to emotions

Old 06-19-2017, 03:31 PM   #18
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

I love Guardians Of The Galaxy. It’s fast become one of my favourite Marvel Comics franchises. I love the cheesy Seventies pop, its exuberant silliness and the fact that one of its characters – Groot – is essentially a tree.

But even having caught up with the hugely engaging 2014 original recently, I’d struggle to summarise what happened first time around, at least once this motley band of space-brothers – and one space-sister – came together and decided to rush around the galaxy doing ‘something good, something bad or perhaps a bit of both’.

When a film with the word 'galaxy' in its title arrives as part of a franchise comprising the word 'universe', you know someone is thinking big. But the summer of 2014 was enriched by the first Guardians Of The Galaxy film not because of its size or scope, but its humour. It was a genuine hoot. And the folk behind the Marvel Cinematic Universe carried on laughing all the way to the bank. At the last count, the movie had made well over three-quarters of a billion dollars at the global box-office.

I don't expect this sequel, again written and directed by James Gunn, to take the planet by storm quite as spectacularly. Partly this is because it strains so hard to be as wackily irreverent as the first film, and this time the effort shows. Nonetheless, it is full of pleasures from the very start, when a startlingly young, digitally enhanced Kurt Russell appears in the guise of a lovestruck earthling. Further pleasures include tongue-in-cheek cameos from Sylvester Stallone and David Hasselhoff, and a performance by Elizabeth Debicki — the willowy Australian actress who turned heads in last year's BBC drama The Night Manager — that is pure gold in more ways than one.

This film is also much more emotional than the first, and I did cry at one part. It is about family and the bond between a father and a son, and two sisters, and the family dynamic that the Guardians created both in the first movie and this one work well against all the action.
Some of the pacing was a bit choppy and some moments were a bit too surreal (yes, more surreal than a gun-wielding raccoon and a baby tree creature), but Guardians Vol. 2 was great fun and served as a good expansion to the Guardians’ story. I would highly recommend it to anyone who has seen the first.