Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > General > Random Topic Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2016, 07:53 PM   #376
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

D-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the rough

So Goldberg's sticking around for a lil bit extra... Title shot .... Hmm New year elimination chamber line up takin place already...

Oh well as long as Goldberg beats Brawn Stfauman I'll be happy

Inb4 his first non ppv match involves him against Rusev ...

Also Mon nights Raw was pretty good ... V good title match ... The JerichoOwens bromance is still alive and kicking for now...good viewing
D-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:06 AM   #377
Son Gokū
It's cold...

Son Gokū is a jewel in the roughSon Gokū is a jewel in the roughSon Gokū is a jewel in the roughSon Gokū is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Slayer View Post
So Goldberg's sticking around for a lil bit extra... Title shot .... Hmm New year elimination chamber line up takin place already...

Oh well as long as Goldberg beats Brawn Stfauman I'll be happy

Inb4 his first non ppv match involves him against Rusev ...

Also Mon nights Raw was pretty good ... V good title match ... The JerichoOwens bromance is still alive and kicking for now...good viewing
He deserves a short title run like Rock.

Why him? Boring and not Brock Tier.

Why Rusev? Also boring and not Brock Tier.

<Click the links below to see some cool stuff!>

YO! It's Goku's Yu-Gi-Oh! Trade Thread! Trade with Goku here!

~Super Saiyan Techs~
(Updated 10/29/16)
Son Gokū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:52 PM   #378
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

D-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the rough

Smackdown ... Wut a letdown

Only decent match was the miz.s .... Rest was truly awful...

Seriously draggin on the James Elsworth saga is worse than the whole Eugiene thing these guy did a while back...

At this rate they'll be bringing Cena back sooner than intended...

Also *sigh* I miss HBK ... Good ol Sweet Chin Music...

Raw defo better of the two shows thus far by miles...
Old 11-24-2016, 04:25 AM   #379
WildWill
WiseArse

WildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud of

Were we watching the same show? Smackdown was hilarious....in ring action doesn't always need to be the focus. And if you couldn't laugh at Deans antics, then something's wrong with you. One of the funniest shows of the year, especially after the three hour slog-fest of raw, oh wait, I didn't even bother because Stephanie is STALE as stale can be...

And no, I don't miss Michaels, good riddance. I've been watching some of his "highlights" lately of his 2000's era run, stale then, more stale now. Let others take the spotlight. Maybe he was good in the ring, but he was such a pain in the arse backstage that it overshadowed any good he did. There's a reason he's a polarizing person in the industry. You either love him or hate him. You have to give him props because those who are very well regarded do as well, but you don't have to like him because virtually no one outside of the Kliq and VKM do. How he got a job with NXT I have no idea...oh wait, Paul's in charge of NXT. BAD MOVE Paul.

Don't get me wrong, I don't appreciate Paul's character in ring. Really. I can't STAND Triple H. Ever since I was IN PERSON at WM 2000 and watch a HEEL walk in and out with the belt...in arguably the worst match of the night (and that was saying something because I recall a certain "kat fight" that was terrible). But I appreciate Paul's acumen for the business. Putting Michael Hickenbottom ('cause f--- him, that's his name) in a position of authority over NXT is not going to be good for business. They have a very very good thing going over there, as proven by the rejuvination of the main roster by recent NXT call-ups, Finn nonwithstanding, and to put that moron in charge of things is just pure stupidity or nepotism. Or Kliq b-s once again. It certainly isn't "what's best for business."

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShOcK View Post
I believe they booked it that way because Goldberg is not in ring shape. Look at The Rock...looks amazing but in his matches with cena and CM punk he got extremely gassed 3 minutes into the match. There is a difference between being in shape and being in ring shape. Also, Goldberg agreed to do the match basically 3-4 weeks ago. That's nowhere near enough time to get back into ring shape so instead of having a 10-15 minute borefest with a lot of rest holds, Vince McMahon most likely said lets just build up Goldberg as this unbeatable monster he used to be to have more buzz surrounding him so we can sell out the Alamo Dome at the Royal Rumble and try to sell out WrestleMania.

I fully expect 2004 all over again where Brock Lesnar attacks Goldberg in the Rumble match having someone eliminate him thus setting up Goldberg vs Lesnar 3 at WrestleMania 33.

They may have booked it to be short because Goldberg is a huge draw and the only one who legitimately has a chance at beating Lesnar in the WWE right now, and they smelled money. Goldberg has a gym in his house. He's in shape. I heard rumors that he might not be 100% healthy because of an arm issue, but he could have gone 10 minutes or more easily. That wasn't necessary. And Brock may have wanted time off. Brock is Brock, he's not STUPID, he's also a VERY VERY good friend of Bill's. They both smell money. By Bill beating him so quickly it shocked the WWE world, it set up a lot more money matches and it set the table. So Brock lays low for awhile. Yes, he will probably spoil Bill's odds at winning the Rumble. Maybe. But maybe he doesn't. MAYBE Goldberg takes the title from Owens, because let's face it Owens isn't that great of a draw is he? Maybe Bill holds it until WM, Maybe it's Brock vs Bill at WM for the title, and wouldn't that be something? Yes, yes it would. In the mean time, maybe Bill has a couple of matches against stars of today, and he squashes them like he did in WCW circa 1998. WHO CARES. That's what we wanted then. That's what we'll get now. And you know what, his merch will sell, his wallet will get fat. Marks will piss and moan the way marks always do.

A lot of folks think Goldberg is stupid, or doesn't have the knack for the biz. They're wrong. LISTEN to Stone Cold's podcast with Bill. BILL doesn't have to do a DAMN thing he doesn't want to do. He can sit at home with his gym and his garage of fancy cars and doesn't have to deal with any of the yahoos on the internet second guessing everything he does. You know who else doesn't have to do that? Yeah Lesnar. Both of them have their lives set. They don't have to work another day in their lives.

You know what they can do? WHATEVER THE HECK THEY WANT TO DO. They're having fun. So back off, let them have their fun. Either way, I'm enjoying it. Because at the end of the day, that's all it is...fun.
Old 11-24-2016, 07:55 AM   #380
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

ShOcK will become famous soon enough

The way the WWE are booking their talents, I sure do hope Goldberg gets fed their current stars and squashes all of them like in 1998. Make a new undefeated streak in this latest run. Look at how the new day loses look how rusev loses or how they are always relying on Brock the Rock HHH and now Goldberg to drive up ratings and ticket sales. The stars of today can't hack it besides John Cena who still has about 5-10 years left of mostly (like 70% full time schedule) left in him since he's only 39.

You know what was most telling to me personally when Goldberg made his return? All of the scrubs of the WWE were backstage watching this man walk to the ring all of them clapping and being happy and then you see Goldberg absorb all those firework sparks and blow out smoke like a dragon looking like a damn mega star. Feed Goldberg everyone besides Reigns and Rollins on Raw and I will be cool with that. Feed Reigns and Rollins to him in PPVs. Goldberg is literally the last legend they have left to bring back that can still wrestle and won't do stupid ish in his private life to embarrass them. I really cannot name another person the WWE can bring back of yester year that can still go and draw money that they haven't already used already. Only one would be Stone Cold but he says he's done for good with no more teasers, and CM Punk. Kurt Angle still is iffy with his drug and alcoholic past still somewhat fresh and Jeff hardy is all about drugs so nope.
ShOcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 03:13 PM   #381
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Yep. Goldberg got himself a big money deal from SS ... So as long as Vince can cough up that much for him whenever he wants ... Bills return is open ended and on no significant time scale...

The rematch at WrestMania seems likely now ... They did the interfere in Rumble angle back in 04 so I can see it being used up here as well..

As for which other superstar they could bring back ... (Only the Hulk (Hogan) ). seems to fit the bill come new year IMO ....time is a healer so guessing if WWE tread the water carefully enough to bring back at an approved appropriate time then anything possible...

Still seems to me WWE be running out of ideas for ppvs. 1st hiac now TLC wut next ..? (After TLC before RR) ...?

Still at least WWE ain't as bad as TNA at this point...
Old 11-25-2016, 02:13 PM   #382
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

Hulk Hogan? Really? Lol. Sure he will most likely get a big pop when he inevitably returns, but he cant do anything now besides cup his ear, tear off his t-shirt, and cut a long winded promo brother. He will never wrestle for the WWE again no matter how much he wants to and to be honest at least for me personally, after he returned from TNA, his appearances became boring. He just cuts a promo for 5-10 minutes and that's it. Don't get me wrong hes still a legend and him being announced for WM will make some people buy tickets, but I personally don't pop for him like I would a HBK, Stone Cold, or The Rock.

If Kurt Angle can stay clean (and hes been clean for a number of years now so it is looking good) I can see him returning next year since the WWE do not need him this year with Goldberg in town. He would literally be the only one left willing to return that will get a huge pop and is still a good wrestler with promo skills. CM Punk is dead set on never returning and I don't not know him personally but he seems like a guy who will say something and stick to it no matter what, unless of course the WWE give him Goldberg money.

And to be quite frank, with the way Goldberg has stated over the years he doesn't like WWE but pay him the right price and he will show up, I can just imagine him getting like $1.5 million per match at the very least. I remember there was a report that The Rock received $5 million to host WrestleMania and to fight John Cena. Goldberg is not a stupid man and he is very business savvy so I cannot imagine him wrestling for less than $1 million per match. Think about that...he wrestled for 28 seconds and received a boatload of money. Obviously Brock Lesnar is the same way which is why he agreed to do the job in squash fashion. He's also getting paid millions of less than 2 minutes of work.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:53 PM   #383
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Goldberg extending his stay is due to fact original plans for him to lose to Lesnar in the single one off match were shelved due to fear of decliningly bad TV viewership figures so to improve em heading into 2017 Goldberg sticks around a bit longer earnin massive paydeals per match and feature upto the New Year Royal Rumble... Govon more people a reason to watch wwe ...

That said it also looks like original planned rumours of Shane v Lesnar match at WrestMania are also scrapped till foreseeable future... Instead it's widely rumoured that if Rollins v Triple H doesn't happen at WrestMania then most likely Shane could end up facin Triple H in a match instead ... Which in the general Smackdowns v Raw programme dominance of show ratings superiority makes more sense ...

Jus like Ambrose should have one last match with Styles at TLC and With Styles emergin victorious set up a feud with Undertaker lead-in up to Rumble and ofc lead up to the winner facin Cena for the title at WrestMania...
Old 11-26-2016, 03:03 PM   #384
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

All the reports are saying Styles vs Undertaker at the rumble with Undertaker going over then dropping the belt at wrestlemania to Cena. So many people and news outlets have reported this that I can't see it happening now since the WWE likes to throw curveballs when news of their plans get leaked. One thing is for sure is that the Undertaker and Cena should have 1 match at wrestlemania before taker retires though. Have they ever had a 1 on 1 match? I don't think they have and if they did it certainly was when Cena was a rookie. I can still remember after Cena first match the Undertaker shook his hand and said good job so what better way to come full circle than to lose to him at wrestlemania. Undertaker never says good job to any rookie and for that rookie to end up being a legend in wrestling just shows how amazing that interaction was as if taker stamp of approval is the end all be all. Either way if this is the Undertaker last hoorah I do hope he gets a 1 month reign as wwe champion and drops it to Cena to have him tie ric "nature boy buddy rogers ripoff" flair.
Old 11-27-2016, 10:01 PM   #385
WildWill
WiseArse

WildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud of

Cena and the Undertaker have wrestled in 5 singles matches according to Profightdb.

Cena pinned Taker in April '03 on Smackdown
Taker pinned Cena at Vengeance in '03
Cena pinned Taker in August '03 on Smackdown
Taker pinned Cena in June '04 on Smackdown
No contest in October '06 on Raw

They had ONE triple threat Dark Match when Sheamus was champion in 2010 and Sheamus won that.

So, there does appear to be unfinished business between Cena and Taker - they stand at 2-2-1 apiece.
Old 11-28-2016, 05:57 PM   #386
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

True but more importantly neither have faced off against the other at the big one (wrestlemania)

So presumin Taker wins against Styles (which for a newly promoted and future star of WWE (Styles) to lose against an all time great relinquishing bis title to the deadman in his 1st year as champion isnt such a bad accomplishment.... Ofc I predict further opps down the line for styles to be champion again at some stage and as a heel to lose and sorta set up Taker as fans favourite goin into wrestlemania as champion makes sense ...

Furthermore if say like past Rumbles ...somehow Cena wins the Rumble and chooses Taker for his title match ...that would make it more interesting.....

Or throwin curveballs as wwe does do...the other possibility regardin taker I'm expecting is Taker to link up with Kane to takeout the Wyatt's ... And if that leads to or incs some feud with Orton ... Which given he's come back from not so recent hip surgery and granted he's not his old youthful energenetic self of yester gears ... Having opening Initial matches against experienced veterans such as Orton Wyatt and even Cena might not be a bad idea prolongin the Deadman run in for a while till he gets settled back in...

Ofc he could also end up having another brother v brother feud with Kane (unlikely) but that would be hugely popular for fans to see the two reunite their Rivalry like the past matches cause whilst it's fun watching this wrestle together as Tag Teams .... (Wwes current trend for anyone to be a tag team and wrestle ) its more entertaining watchin em beat the crap out of each other (I ferno buried alive casket etc etc) ..
Old 11-29-2016, 11:12 AM   #387
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

I disagree about another Undertaker vs Kane feud. How many times over the 20 years that Kane has been working for the WWE have they fought? Many many times, the last being I think it was 2010 when Kane actually held the world heavyweight championship and beat the Undertaker in 3 straight PPVs after it was revealed he put him in a vegetative state. I think the fans rather see them being the brothers of destruction than seeing them face off against one another again. Styles will definitely get the title again in the future and I am sure he has no problem dropping the belt to the lengendary Undertaker.

I must admit, I do not know if its because the Undertaker dyed his hair and is growing it out again, but seeing him on smackdown he actually looks 10 years younger than he did the previous time we saw him...at least for me. He looks decent now and reports say that Vince McMahon will allow the Undertaker to wrestle as long as he wants to because of the years of loyalty and working through injuries over the years. The Undertaker stated that he needed more work done on his knees but didn't want to do it because he wanted to work in wrestlemania 33. That means to me that I really cannot see him retiring for another handful of years. I am sure he will always have that itch to compete, especially since he really only wrestles 1-3 times per year. Age really isn't a factor as you can see people like Flair wrestling until he was like 60 and Terry Funk is still wrestling at like 65 I think. The Undertaker is 51 years old so I can honestly see him wrestle until at least 55 years old.
Old 12-04-2016, 06:53 PM   #388
WildWill
WiseArse

You didn't see pics of him using a cane earlier this year.

And did you watch any of Flairs last few matches? They weren't good.

Funk should really hang it up too. Apparently he had a match recently too.

I do agree, let Kane and Taker go their separate ways, don't need to see that again.

Additional Comment:

Tables Ladders and Chairs 2016 is today
Smackdown Live Exclusive PPV.

Matches are:

1. Baron Corbin vs. Kalisto - Chairs Match
2. Nikki Bella vs. Carmella - No DQ
3. SDL Tag Team Championship - The Wyatt Family (Bray Wyatt & Randy Orton w/Luke Harper) vs. Heath Slater & Rhyno (Champions)
4. WWE Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match - Dolph Ziggler vs. The Miz (Champion)
5. SDL Women's Championship Tables Match - Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch (Champion)
6. WWE Heavyweight Championship TLC Match - Dean Amrbose vs. AJ Styles (Champion).

My Predictions:

Corbin
Nikki
Wyatts win the belts
Miz retains
Alexa wins the belt (based on betting odds, I really want to see Becky retain)
AJ retains

Additional Comment:

Results:

A) Kickoff Show 10 man tag - Hype Bros (Mojo Rawley & Zack Ryder), American Alpha (Jason Jordan & Chad Gable) and Apollo Crews vs. The Ascension (Konner & Viktor), The Vaudevillains (Aidan English & Simon Gotch) and Curt Hawkins - American Alpha and the faces get the 1-2-3 on English.

1) SDL Tag Team Championship - The Wyatt Family (Randy Orton & Bray Wyatt w/Luke Harper) defeat Beauty and the Man-Beast (Heath Slater & Rhyno) with a pin by Randy Orton on Rhyno to capture the titles.

2) Nikki Bella vs. Carmella - No DQ - NIkki uses a fire extinguisher and hits the Rack Attack 2.0 for the 1-2-3.

3) The Miz retains over Dolph Ziggler in an epic match.

4) Baron Corbin pinned Kalisto in a Chairs match - Kalisto jumped from the top turnbuckle, but Corbin smashed him in the face with a chair, then hit the End of Days on a pile of chairs for the 1-2-3. Afterwards he yells at the announcers. Great match to be honest, lasted a lot longer than it should have, and Kalisto looked dead afterwards. Way to get the monster heel over.

5)WWE SDL Women's Championship - Alexa Bliss vs. Becky Lynch (Champion) - Tables Match - Alexa picks up the strap by powerbombing Becky through the table outside the ring. Becky interviewed after the match giving a heartfelt interview. **But here is your winner, and NEW SDL Womens' Champion, ALEXA BLISS.** (As predicted by oddsmakers)

6)WWE Heavyweight Championship - Dean Ambrose vs. AJ Styles (Champion) - TLC Match - Dean Ambrose was this close to the title, but JAMES ELLSWORTH pushed the ladder over and Dean went through a couple tables. AJ Climbs the ladder and retains.

My predictions were dead on.
Old 12-05-2016, 09:26 AM   #389
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

Yes I saw him using a cane earlier in the year, but I assumed that was a week or so after he had his surgery. He said he still needs work done but is putting it off to wrestle so his knees cant be that bad. Honestly, 51 years old isn't that old for a guy who only wrestles 1-3 times a year. How many times does Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair state that they want to wrestle? The Undertaker has been doing his character for almost 30 years, that is all he knows. I really see him wrestling up until at least WrestleMania 37. Maybe he will call it quits on wrestlemania 40.
Old 12-05-2016, 11:22 PM   #390
Son Gokū
It's cold...

Son Gokū is a jewel in the roughSon Gokū is a jewel in the roughSon Gokū is a jewel in the roughSon Gokū is a jewel in the rough

Dolph is screwed again...

~Super Saiyan Techs~
(Updated 10/29/16)
Old 12-09-2016, 09:35 AM   #391
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

Dolph is done and he knows it. I am sure he complained and did the "I'll show them" attitude and it got him somewhere for a cup of coffee before they decided to stop doing anything with him. How old is he at this point? Mid 30s? He can obviously go the John Morrison/Cody Rhodes route and work the indies or TNA/Lucha and pretty much become irrelevant to the masses of people, or stay in the WWE and keep collecting a paycheck. He's not getting another title run and pretty soon he will become a person who loses to the young guys to lift them up.
Old 12-17-2016, 10:42 PM   #392
WildWill
WiseArse

Tomorrow afternoon it's Roadblock: End of the Line, not to be confused with the previous "Roadblock" from March where Triple H defeated Dean Ambrose for the title.

This time it's in Pittsburgh.

K) Big Cass (w/Enzo) vs. Rusev (w/Lana)
1) Sami Zayn vs. Braun Strowman
2) Chris Jericho vs. Seth Rollins
3) WWE Cruiserweight Championship Triple Threat - TJ Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick vs. Rich Swann (Champion)
4) RAW Tag Team Championship - Cesaro & Sheamus vs. The New Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston w/Xavier Woods - Champions)
5) 30 Minute Iron Woman Match for the RAW Women's Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Sasha Banks (Champion)
6) WWE Universal Championship - US Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens (Champion)

The favorites via odds are:

Rusev
Rollins
Strowman
Swann
Cesaro & Sheamus
Sasha BUT Charlotte is not very far off
Owens

RESULTS:
K) RUSEV d. Big Cass via Countout in a lame match
1) RAW Tag Team Championship Sheamus & Cesaro defeated The Day (Big E & Kofi Kingston w/Xavier Woods) when Sheamus pinned Kofi. The New Day's 2nd championship reign is over at 480 days. FINALLY. Afterwards Cesaro hugged the former champs while Sheamus snatched the belts. **Sheamus and Cesaro are your new RAW Tag Team Champions.**

2) Sami Zayn defeated Braun Strowman by lasting 10 minutes (that was the stipulation)

3) Seth Rollins pinned Chris Jericho after a pedigree

4) Rich Swann pinned TJ Perkins to retain. Afterwards the man WWE Forgot Neville came back and laid out both TJP and Swann

5) Iron Woman match is on - Charlotte Flair defeated Sasha Banks 3-2 in overtime - she was down 2-1 with about 6 minutes to go, got a Figure 8 tapout at the end of regulation and a second one in overtime.

6) Main Event Time - Kevin Owens defeats Roman Reigns via DQ when Y2J comes in and gives KO a Codebreaker. SO predictable. Afterwards they hug and swerved us all that JeriKO was broken up.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:39 PM   #393
[Genesis]
Phenomenal

[Genesis] is on a distinguished road

Not to be a hipster or anything, but I'm glad I can at least say I was a Neville fan before they were doing anything with him and he turned heel (see signature). He deserves the title match, even if he doesn't win. He's getting the attention he deserved all along, he just didn't have the most standout gimmick.

[Genesis] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 05:43 PM   #394
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

By this time next week, Raw will have had appearances from Goldberg, The Undertaker, Shawn Michaels and Brock Lesnar in the span of only three weeks.

However, it still feels like WWE’s flagship brand is lacking the jolt of energy it should have when people of that stature are associated with the product.

This week, we saw the return of The Undertaker and Michaels — two of the greatest to ever step inside of a wrestling ring — and that still didn’t help Raw feel like a show worthy of spending three hours of your night on.

On top of that, there was a national championship game between Clemson and Alabama on, which made it an even easier decision to reach for the remote and switch away from Raw.

The Undertaker now joins a pretty stacked lineup of wrestlers already slated for the Royal Rumble, including Goldberg, Lesnar, Jericho, Rollins, Strowman and New Day.

The most interesting thing that came out of this was the merely seconds of television time Strowman received during The Undertaker’s speech. While The Undertaker was talking, WWE’s cameras cut away to Strowman standing backstage and watching The Undertaker speak in the ring.

This seemed like WWE’s not-so-subtle way of foreshadowing a future match between Strowman and The Undertaker, which was rumored for last year’s WrestleMania, but never came to fruition.

That couple of seconds of Strowman standing in front of a television was enough for fans to speculate that the two are destined to finally meet this time around.

If a match between Strowman and The Undertaker indeed happens, it goes without saying that it would be a huge opportunity for Strowman. Strowman is not even five years into his professional wrestling career and may already be in position for a big match with The Undertaker that may wind up at WrestleMania.

But the real intrigue comes when you wonder if Strowman is truly ready for such a big spot.

The Undertaker has worked with men larger than him in the past, but those matches took place well over 20 years ago, which was long before people expected him to have classics like the ones he had with Michaels, Triple H, Batista, CM Punk and Randy Orton.

Could Strowman hold up his end of the bargain live up to that standard if he is put in that position?

I’m not sold on that yet, but WWE hopes he can.
Old 01-15-2017, 04:44 PM   #395
WildWill
WiseArse

You know what, if you didn't watch the UK tournament, you really missed out on some great non-storyline in ring action. Proves that WWE really does know how to put on a fantastic event. I'm just now watching the second night (Hey I slept in on Sunday morning). great stuff.
Old 01-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #396
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Kevin Owens Recent Interview on SkySports made me lol

Quote:
WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens recently took part in a media conference call to promote his match against Roman Reigns at this year's Royal Rumble. Here are some of the highlights, courtesy of Sky Sports:

Goldberg:
"I was never a WCW fan growing up so I was never a Goldberg fan at all - and I've told him that. He was the enemy, he was the guy taking Steve Austin's look. So to stand in the ring on Raw, and to have his music hit and his pyro [go off] was very surreal, as in the 1990s and 2000s, I couldn't stand it."

Shinsuke Nakamura:

"I think if you look at NXT, the one guy who seems like he would belong in a WrestleMania main event is Nakamura, because of the aura and the buzz that he gets. He is able to grab the attention of people who don't really know who he is right away with his mannerisms and entrance - by by the time he gets to the ring, you are kind of hooked."

Facing The Undertaker:

"If I had to narrow it down to one [to face at WrestleMania] it would be The Undertaker. He is synonymous with that event and I was always in awe of him - as a kid, teenager and adult."
Still - Negative reviews continue to roll in for The Resurrection of Gavin Stone, which features Shawn Michaels' first movie role. The movie is currently only at a 20% at RottenTomatoes.com. There haven't been many reviews for the movie. As of this writing, of the 5 reviews counted for the movie, 4 have been negative and only one has been positive....
Old 01-29-2017, 01:06 PM   #397
WildWill
WiseArse

NXT Takeover San Antonio was last night -

Results

1) Tye Dillinger vs. Eric Young (w/Sanity) - Young pinned Dillinger after wheelbarrow neckbreaker

2) Andrade "Cien" Almas vs. Roderick Strong - Strong pinned Almas after a Sick.

3) NXT Tag Team Championship - Authors of Pain (Rezar & Akam) w/Paul Ellering vs. #DIY (Johnny Gargano & Tomosso Ciampa - Champions) - DIY had the AOP in their double submission but the AOP managed to break it up, hit the Last Champter and get the pinfall - NEW NXT Tag Team Champions the Authors of Pain

4) NXT Womens' Championship Fatal Four-Way - Nikki Cross vs. Billie Kay vs. Peyton Royce vs. Asuka (Champion) - several minutes into the match Peyton Royce and Billie Kay slam Nikki Cross into the announce table while Asuka was out in the ring. THey get back in the ring and double-team Asuka but can't get a pinfall. Asuka kicks the hell out of Billie, and Peyton delivers the Widows Peak neckbreaker int he middle of the ring but Asuka kicks out at 2. Asuka gets off kicks to both girls and pins Peyton Royce to retain. The Empress of Tomorrow is still your champion at 301 days. And Nikki Cross is ded...

5) NXT Heavyweight Championship - Bobby Roode vs. Shinsuke Nakamura (Champion) - Amazing introductions for both guys, but Shinsuke wins the battle of the ring entrances. Bell rings and they stare at each other while the crowd continues to sing Nakamura's theme song. They feel each other out for a few minutes and Shinsuke gets off a leg kick, and a second one. Almost feels like an MMA match. Armbar for the Champion. Roode rolls out but gets locked in a head scissors. He powers out into a headlock on the champ.

Shinsuke pushes Roode on the ropes and gets a clean break playing head games with the Glorious one. More offense by the champ and Roode backs him into the ropes and asks for a clean break only to give Shinsuke an elbow to the mouth. Then he gets an armbar on the staggered champion. Shinsuke does some flippy **** to get out but Roode slaps a head scissors on him. Shinsuke powers out goes for a foot stomp and a kick and misses both and Bobby taunts Shinsuke and the King of Strong Style unloads on him. A boot to the throat in the corner gets reversed but Shinsuke gets an ensugiri and Roode bails to the outside.
Back in the ring the offense goes back and forth until Roode knocks the champ off the top turnbuckle down to the floor and Bobby is out to capitalize shoving Shinsuke into the ring steps twice, and the champion is selling neck pain. Roode tosses him back in the ring and gets a 2-count. Fists to the forehead soften up the champ, then Roode is shoving the Kings face into the turnbuckle, and following it with chops, thrown into the opposite corner and followed with a running lariat. Double axe-handle from the 2nd tope and a 2-count and Nakamura stays alive.

Roode continues to work on Shinsuke's head and neck area. Another 2-count has Roode getting frustrated. Mind games by Roode and ruthless agression continues. Roode is taking his time and finally Shinsuke gets some offense in, using the side of the apron like a guillotine riding his knee across the back of Roode's neck. Strikes and kicks take down Bobby. Knees to the midsection and a boot to the neck, then he goes for a knee on the top turnbuckle and misses and Roode is back on offense just like that. Nakamura attempts an inverted destroyer but Roode scouts it and responds. But Shinsuke gets back and hits the inverted exploder. Shinsuke loads up the Kinshasha, but Roode isn't moving and Shinsuke is getting frustrated. Roode was playing possum and rolls him up for a 2. Then he gets a high impact move and another 2 count. Goes for a Glorious DDT and is countered, but hits a spine buster and a 2 count. More offense from Bobby and he's got Shinsuke on the top rope, but Shinsuke counters and hits a knee to the chest and goes for the Kinshasha again but gets beaten to the punch and a pinning combo but Roode's feet are on the ropes and the ref sees it and cancels the pinfall. Roode with knife edge chops to the chest. Shinsuke plays possum for a second and then says "COME ON". Knees and strikes from the Champion and Strong Style is on display. Running lariat by Roode and Shinsuke gets him into an Armbar. Turns it into a triangle lock, but Shinsuke's shoulders are down. HE POWERS OUT but Shinsuke slips away and hits a sliding knee and a 2 count. Nakamura is on the 2nd rope and Roode bails only have Nakamura deliver a jumping knee that hurts both men who are down out of the ring. The champion tosses Roode in the ring and follows. Loading up the Kinshasha for a 3rd time he finally hits it but it looks like he's taken his own leg out at the same time and can't get a pinfall. Roode is out cold supposedly. The ref calls for the ringside doctor and Roode is finally up. Shinsuke is saying he's not giving up.

Nakamura is back in the ring, Roode quickly hits the Glorious DDT and gets a 1, 2 and KICKOUT. Holy crap Roode is beside himself. Quickly into a Half-Crab and punching the knee. But Shinsuke isn't tapping. He almost reaches the rope but Roode pulls him back to the middle of the ring. The King tries to get out, tries for a Triangle lock, but can't. Roode hits a second Glorious DDT and gets the pinfall victory. HERE IS YOUR WINNER AND NEW NXT CHAMPION - BOBBY ROODE!
Now that was a fantastic match and an all together great PPV that will be tough to beat tomorrow. Until then GOODNIGht NOW.

Today is Royal Rumble 2017
Matches Include:

K1) RAW Tag Team Championship The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) vs. Cesaro & Sheamus (Champions) - 2 referees at Ringside.

K2) Sasha Banks vs. Nia Jax

K3) 6 woman Tag Team Match - Alexa Bliss, Natalya & Mickie James vs. Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi

1) WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Neville vs. Rich Swann (Champion)

2) RAW Womens' Championship - Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair (Champion)

3) WWE Universal Championship Steel Cage w/Chris Jericho in a Shark Cage above the ring - Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens (Champion)

4) WWE Heavyweight Championship - John Cena vs. AJ Styles (Champion)

5) The 30 Man Royal Rumble - Winner gets to Main Event Wrestlemania
Old 01-29-2017, 02:04 PM   #398
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Hmm Excitin Event ... Decent Card... Should Be Fun To Watch ...

But in partic lookin forward to the followin

Now Given The Undertaker @ (4/1 odds) who made his WWE debut in 1990, is still wrestling, but unlike almost all other years he is in the Royal Rumble match. He’s a part-timer these days, so any appearance by the Dead Man feels extra special, but considering that he might win and go on to a huge (possibly final) match at WrestleMania makes this one even better....

Also Regardin “The World’s Largest Athlete” probably won’t win, but the WWE is teasing a showdown between the veteran giant monster (Big Show) versus the new giant monster, Braun Strowman, which means we might get a massive face-to-face during the Rumble, which will be one of the most exciting moments of the entire match.

Still Wonder Regardin CenaVStyles - If it'll end up as either Styles winnin in cheap fashion - Given Styles has proven to be a huge fan favorite since making his debut, quickly becoming a major merchandise mover with impressive t-shirt sales and a habit for selling out of other merchandise as well. But if WWE wants to keep Styles as a heel, which may be virtually impossible at this point, having him cheat to beat Cena for a fourth time would go a long way toward cementing him as a legitimate villain

Or given since the brand split, WWE has built up Styles as Cena's most unbeatable foe as "The Champ" has literally never beaten "The Phenomenal One." Generally speaking, when WWE does something like this, it leads to the babyface finally overcoming his biggest obstacle and defeating the heel. Unless WWE throws us a major curveball, that's likely the scenario here, with Cena vanquishing Styles in route to winning his record-tying 16th World title...

As for Reigns V Owns (W/ Jericho) - For Owens, this could be the end of his run as Universal Champion and the start of a rivalry with Chris Jericho. (Finally Hopin so) - For Reigns, he appears to be headed for a top match at WrestleMania 33 against one of the biggest names in the business.

As WWE continues to try to build Reigns into "the guy," he's been rumored for a potential WrestleMania main event versus Goldberg, Brock Lesnar or even The Undertaker, and is virtually a shoo-in for a third straight World title main event on the grandest stage of them all. But first, he has to get through Owens and leave the Royal Rumble as the Universal Champion, which is something that seems likely given WWE management's insistence on pushing him as its top face... Pivotal Moment for Both Stars - Still Expectin Regins to Win w/ Jericho causin Owens to Lose somehow settin up a Jericho v Owens Rivalry into WM33

*Excitin Times to say the least (For once)*
Old 01-29-2017, 05:14 PM   #399
Son Gokū
It's cold...

I heard Angle, the Hardyz, and Hogan are ALL coming back tonight.
Any of these true?

~Super Saiyan Techs~
(Updated 10/29/16)
Old 01-29-2017, 10:04 PM   #400
WildWill
WiseArse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Gokū View Post
I heard Angle, the Hardyz, and Hogan are ALL coming back tonight.
Any of these true?
Angle has the best shot, he's going into the HOF at WM, but he kept saying no he's not in the Rumble. Hardys are signed to TNA, so there's no way. Hogan is an outside chance, but I seriously seriously doubt it. He's done in the ring anyway. Dude's frickken old.

Here's the Rumble Results now:Two Hour Pre-show featuring Renee Young (wearing a Stone Cold Can of Whoop-Ass T-Shirt and looking fine), Booker T, Jerry the King Lawler and The Heartbreak Kid Shawn Michaels. 35 minutes in we get our first pre-show match.

K1) Introducing first - the team of **Naomi, Nikki Bella and the Irish Lasskicker Becky Lynch.** And their opponents, **The Smackdown Women's Champion, Alexa Bliss, Mickie James and Natalya.**

Nikki and Natalya start the match and Nattie's already mocking John Cena. She tags in the Champ quickly and she and Nikki trade standing waistlocks, but Alexa gives Nikki an elbow to the face. Nikki gets a quick 2 count and tags in Naomi with two drop kicks and Alexa tags Nattie back in. Becky's in to double team, then all six women get in and the faces triple suplex the heels. Then Nikki and Becky with a couple sliding kicks to the baddies, and Naomi with a suicide dive on top to add to the pain. We cut to a commercial for AJ/Cena match. Then a commercial for the new puzzle app WWE CHampions, which sucks. I already deleted it.

Becky Lynch is in against Nattie and she has the upper hand, with Straight fire in the corner and the Queen of Harts bails outside. A Flying forearm smash by Becky, but Mickie James drops off the apron to attack Lynch and Nattie has control again. Snap Suplex on Becky on the ring mat and Nattie tosses her back in at a count of 7. Nattie in a headlock and the announcers remind us about Nattie and Becky's past in Canada. Lynch escapes momentarily, but is driven into the corner and Mickie James is tagged in. Tully Blanchard is a new grandfather according to JBL, and Alexa is tagged in for kicks. The heels use illegal tactics to attack the red head and Alexa gets a 2 count. Alexa tags Nattie, who stomps on Becky, and then taunts Cena again. Becky takes the opportunity to get a 2 count roll up. Nattie revives quickly and gets her own pinning combo and a 2 count. Strikes into a michinoku driver and then she wipes Naomi off the apron. She goes for a suplex and Becky executes a standing switch, blind tag to Alexa and Becky tries to tag, but Nattie pulls down Nikki and she can't tag. Alexa and Becky in the ring, Becky gets a momentary small package and a 2. She finally gets the hot tag to Naomi who delivers a springboard cross body, and then a dropkick on the other two in the corner. Lots of offense from Naomi, and a 2 count, but Mickie James breaks it up. Becky takes out Mickie, Nattie takes out Becky, Nikki takes out Nattie. Bliss and Naomi who gives Bliss a beautiful roundhouse from the top turnbuckle, and gets the pinfall victory. And Maruo reminds us now that Naomi should be the #1 contender for the SDL women's championship since she just pinned the champ. **Here are your winners, the team of Becky Lynch, Nikki Bella & Naomi!**

K2) RAW Tag Team Championship Match - The Club (Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson) vs. Sheamus & Cesaro (Champions) with two referees - Cesaro and Anderson start and Cesaro is aggressive first, then tagging in Sheamus and a 2 count. A quick tag back and the champs are cooking on all cylinders, and another 2 count. Anderson finally gets a bit of offense in and takes in Gallows who beats on Cesaro. Cesaro ducks a clothesline and gets a springboard corkscrew and a quick tag back to Sheamus and they double suplex Gallows. Drop knee to the head and a pinning combo. Another quick tag to Cesaro with strikes to the head and another quick tag isolating Gallows, and another quick tag back to Cesaro. Gallows hits a big back drop on the Swiss Superman and a headbutt. He backs Cesaro into his corner and the secret agent fights both men. Gallows kicks Cesaro to the back of the head and then knocks Sheamus off the ring apron and we go to a Wrestlemania commercial.

Back in the ring Cesaro hits a standing suplex on Gallows and both men are down. Gallows up first and at first he prevents the tag, but Sheamus does get a tag in and he unloads on the big man. Top rope clothesline and a near fall. He goes for a body slam, but Gallows powers out. Tags in Cesaro and picks up Gallows for a doubleteam. Cesaro gets a 2 count, but Gallows kicks out. Cesaro goes for the fireman swing but Gallows kicks out and tags in Anderson who runs into SHeamus, and Cesaro goes for the european uppercut. Anderson gets out, goes for a pinfall with feet on the ropes and the second ref calls it off. Cesaro hits the uppercut and a 2 count. Goes for a Gotch Neutralizer but Anderson kicks out, drop toe hold by Cesaro and a Swiss-1-9 goes to the top rope and hits a cross body and a 2 and a half count. He goes for the fireman swing but Anderson gets a backslide and a 2 count. He then trades uppercuts with Cesaro. Spinebuster by Anderson and a 2 count. He calls in Gallows and they go for a Magic Killer only to get broken up by Sheamus, then he accidentally hits a brogue kick on one of the officials. THe other official is in, and Cesaro does get the fireman swing on ANderson. Then the sharpshooter in the middle of the ring. Anderson is almost at the bottom rope but Cesaro pulls him back, then Gallows with a huge kick to the face. Anderson gets a 2 count broken up by Sheamus and all four men are in the ring and chaos ensues. Gallows kicks Sheamus and a Magic Killer on Sheamus. Cesaro clothelines Gallows, Anderson rolls up Cesaro holding the tights and gets the pinfall victory! **Here are your winners, and the NEW Raw Tag Team Champions - LUKE GALLOWS and KARL ANDERSON.** Only took them 8 televised matches (and countless house shows).

K3) Nia Jax vs. Sasha Banks - I could really care less about this match. Shouldn't even be on the Pre-show let alone a PPV. It's sloppy. **Nia Jax gets a pinfall victory after a Popup Samoan Drop**

ROYAL RUMBLE 2017

1) Raw Women's Championship Match - Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair (Champion) - Charlotte starts on offense and after shoulder tackle tosses the challenger out of the ring. Bayley marches back in made as heck and tries to go toe to toe with the champ, then sends Charlotte out of the ring. She then hangs Flair on the second rope as she tries to get back in. She then sends her flying with a headscissors and up to the 2nd rope and a cross body takes out the champ. She rolls her back in the ring and gets a 2 count. Charlotte rolls outside to utilize the champs advantage. Bayley jumps out, goes for the leg but Charlotte attacks and drives Bayley into the apron and then the ring steps. She rolls her back in the ring and gets a 2 count. Charlotte on offense and the Champ is en fuego. Over the shoulder suplex and a 2 count. Bayley is staggered. Clubbing blows and thrown into the corner and Charlotte throws a Flair chop. The she clamps on a headlock. More offense and another near fall. More Flair chops in the corner on Bayley then she calls a spot loudly going for a suplex, but Bayley reverses and into a backslide, that Charlotte reverses to a neckbreaker and a big boot to the face and another 2 count. Bayley is looking beaten. Charlotte getting frustrated. The Queen locks in a headscissors and bangs Bayley's head on the mat. She keeps the headscissors on and continues the offense loudly. She taunts her to the crowd. She's one of the crowd.

Bayley finally fires back with a blow and a double clothesline knocking both women down. Chops by Bayley on Flair. Reversed and Bayleys in the corner agin. More chops. Bayley tossed toward the corner and she hits an armdrag, then a bulldog and she's back on offense. Bayley hits a springboard cross body and a clothesline series. She sends Charlotte face first into the mat and goes to the turnbuckle. Takes too much time to get to the top, and Charlotte is up. She gets a couple kicks and a near fall. Now she rushes back to the top and hits the flying elbow and a 2 count. SHe goes after Flair but she retaliates with a knee and into a Figure Four, and trying to bridge into the Figure Eight, but Bayley is fighting out. She flips her over but she then reverses into the Figure 8 and uses the rope but the official catches her and makes her break.

Reset and Charlotte is stomping on the challenger. She heads to the top and hits a moonsault but Bayley gets her knees up and into a pinning predicament. Looks like Charlotte might be bleeding. Bayley is on offense with right hands, she tries to get Charlotte on the top rope but the Queen slaps her silly and then sends her down to the floor. Both women on the apron and a natural selection on the ring apron and gets the pinfall victory. **Here is your winner, Charlotte Flair, who is 16-0 in PPV Championship matches.**

2) WWE Universal Championship No Disqualification Match - Roman Reigns vs. Kevin Owens (Champion) with US Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho locked in a Shark Cage Suspended above the ring. Before the match can begin Jericho and KO start the beatdown on Reigns, and the match won't begin until Y2j is locked in the cage. Reigns takes over and launches Jericho into the cage and then throws him in and it's locked and he's raised up and the bell rings. Owens ambushes Roman from behind while he's watching the cage go up. Then they exchange right hands and Owens bails outside. Roman follows and continues the beat down. Owens tossed into the crowd and they fight in the stands. They fight near the international announce tables. Owens bounced off of Funaki's table. they go back toward the ring, and KO throws the table advertising to Roman who uses it as a weapon. Bounces his head off the German announce table. Tries to throw KO into the steps and it's reversed. Owens then heads to the Spanish announce table and drops the hood onto Roman.

Owens looks under the ring for a weapon and finds a buttload of chairs. Uses one on Roman's ribs. Owens sets up some chairs while Roman wakes up and smacks KO in the face. Owens uses a monitor on Roman's ribs, then driven head first into the barricade and follows up with a cannonball. He goes back to the chairs and sets up a tower of chairs and then goes back to hit Roman in the ribs with another chair. He tosses Roman back into the ring on the apron. Then sets him up for a powerbomb into the tower of chairs but Roman blocks it. Now Reigns looks to suplex KO onto the tower, but KO blocks it. He knocks some sense into Reigns but the big dog doesn't fall. THen goes for a rope aided manuever but Roman gets into the ring and hits some big clotheslines to knock down the champ. Roman then goes under the ring for a table. Sets it up in the ring, but KO is up and hits a back stabber and a cover for 2. Owens then flips the table over and kicks it out. He goes for the cannonball but Reigns hits a big boot to the face instead and then a huge powerbomb and a 2 count.

Reset and Roman loads up the Superman punch but KO scoots out of the ring. Roman runs over and hits a drive-by. While Owens is down Reigns sets up the table outside the ring. Owens hits him with two superkicks to the puss and lays out Roman on the table. Then goes to the top turnbuckle and hits a huge frogsplash on Roman which breaks the table. Tosses Roman back the ring and goes for a pin but gets a 2 count. KO bails back outside and goes for another couple of chairs that he throws into the ring. Hits Roman in the neck with one, then smacks him on the back and gets another 2 count. Sets up the chair in the corner and pulls Roman to his feet. Goes to toss him into the chair but Roman is back and reverses clubbing KO in the opposite corner. Goes to the ropes and a collision in the ring, and a second. Goes for a third and gets a boot to the midsection. A fourth ends with a KO kick and then Reigns is sent head first into the chair and a near fall. Jericho has brass knucks that he tosses to KO, who locks and loads a Superman punch but it's blocked. Then he goes for the knucks, and Owens hits a superman punch with the knucks, but Roman kicks out at 2.

KO sets up a chair in the ring and pulls roman to his feet. Goes for a powerbomb, but Roman picks him up and hits a samoan drop through the chair and gets a 2 count. Reigns up first and drops outside goes back under the ring and grabs another table. Corey Graves rightfully points out that Reigns hasn't had much luck with tables and is questioning his decision Reigns sets up the table in the corner and Owens is up and rolls up Roman for a 2 count. Roman hits a superman punch and gets a 2 count. Owens is crawling up to the table, and Roman goes for a spear and but Owens gets a kick and a stunner and a 2 count.

Reset again, Reigns is bleeding from the bridge of the nose. Owens starts with the boots in the corner and hits another cannonball. Owens has a trickle of blood coming down from his forehead. The tower of chairs is still there. Owens goes to the top turnbuckle and pulls up Reigns. But Reigns hits a superman punch and Owens falls into the chairs. Reigns is finally up and pulls KO's dead weight into the ring, but no...he stops and decides that he's going to do something even nastier to KO. He goes to the Spanish announce table and powerbombs KO through the announce table. tosses him back into the ring, and then there's Braun Strowman is there and attacks reigns. He choke slams Roman through another announce table and tosses him into the ring. Strowman power bombs Reigns through the table. Both men are down in the ring. KO revives and gets the pinfall victory to retain. **Here is your winner and still WWE Universal Champion - KEVIN OWENS** And the booking has to make Roman look good. Sheesh.

I like Big Cass and Enzo Amore, but they're wasted in this terrible KFC commercial.

Backstage with Stephanie and Mick and Steph throws Mick under the bus for the shark cage. Then Shane and D-Bry come in with the official lottery ball container. Sami Zayn enters and is about to pick his number, then Dean Ambrose enters and has a funny couple of lines. Sami picks a blue ball, Dean grabs a green one. Sami asks Dean to open his ball and he gets #8. No wait it's upside down. It's #8. Dean says he's going to take a nap.

Recap on the Cruiserweight title feud.

3) WWE Cruiserweight Championship - Neville vs. Rich Swann (Champion). Austin Aries is back on commentary, thankfully. Collar and elbow tie-ups to start with Swann getting in some early flippy offense. They bail outside and Swann is on the attack bashing Neville's head into the mat a couple times. Back in the ring Neville takes over and gets into some nasty looking offense. Gets a 1 count. Swann reverses Neville and gets a 1 count, then Neville goes for a submission and back on cold, calculating offense. Neville hits a snap suplex and a crushing forearm in the corner for a 2 count. Corey asks Austin what Swann has to do, and Austin teases the Thumb in the Eye reference but doesn't drop it. Neville back on offense and a headlock. After more offense Neville climbs the top turnbuckle and jumps but Swann hits a superkick and both men are down.

Reset and Swann back on offense, hits a kick and a huracanrana, and Neville is outside, twisting 450 tumbleweed by Swann on Neville and they're both back in the ring. Swann looks possessed and just starts brawling with punches and kicks and hits the kick to the back of the head, but Neville kicks out. A back elbow by Neville and he has a head of steam, but Swann reverses and takes over. He's up to the top rope, but Neville is smart and knocks him down. Neville sets Swann up for the superplex, but Swann is fighting back and tosses Neville who flips over, but Swan gets a backkick. A superkick by Neville and Swann is down. But Swann is up and kicks to the back of the head again, and Neville is down for a pin, but gets his feet on the ropes. The champ pulls Neville to the middle, goes to the top rope, but Neville is up and climbs the top rope and hits the superplex. Gets a 2 count, and Neville is into the Rings of Saturn submission and Swann taps. **Here is your winner and NEW Cruiserweight Champion, the King of the Cruiserweights - NEVILLE!** Just long enough to be exciting. I don't think Swann could go much longer to be honest.

Silly commercial with the New Day for Vudu.

Recap of AJ Styles vs. John Cena - which is next.

4) WWE Heavyweight Championship Match - John Cena vs. AJ Styles (Champion). Little Naitch Charles Robinson is your referee. He holds up the big title and the bells rings. Mauro reminds us that John Cena won his first title against his broadcast partners JBL at Wrestlemania in 2005 and his last in a ladder match at Money in the Bank in 2015. Styles hits a kick to the leg and Cena punches back. Cena backs AJ into the corner and irish whips him into the opposite corner only to eat an elbow to the face. AJ comes out strong with a kick to the head. Forearm smash by AJ and he drops a knee to the head. Kicks to John's back and another knee to the head and AJ is in control. Picks up Cena only to drop him with a right hand, and taunts the 15 time champ, going for a knee drop and Cena moves out of the way, to hit a back body drop and AJ is down. Cena picks up AJ for the AA and styles avoids it and hits an ensuguri. AJ hits some offense and Cena is back up; back and forth action, and the champ hits a running forearm and a 2 count. Cena throws AJ face first into the canvas, then picks him up and drops him back first to the mat. Cena's up now goes for offense but AJ reverses and kicks Cena in the hand. AJ nails a wheelbarrow facebuster and gets a 2 count. Crowd is behind the champ. Phenomenal blitz from AJ, but Cena recovers and hits a running lariat. You can't "c" me and a five knuckle shuffle from Cena. Picks up AJ in the corner and plants him on the turnbuckle. Lands straight right hands sets up AJ for a superplex, but AJ slips out and gets him in the Argentine backbreacker into a spinout powerbomb. AJ goes for the phenomenal forearm, Cena reverses and hits an AA for a 2 count.

Cena is up and pissed off. He stalks AJ and hits a clothesline and a 2 count. Cena is frustrated. He measures up AJ, but AJ avoids a punch and hits a Pele kick. Phenomenal forearm and a 2 count but Cena kicks out. Both men are down. AJ is looking frustrated now. Kicks to the chest by the Champ. Taunts Cena who coughs a bit. Goes for another kick and my network goes down for the second time tonight. A few minutes later I'm back and AJ has John in a toe hold. He reverses and gets AJ into the STF. He lets go to pull him toward the middle of the ring and locks it in again. AJ powers out and reverses into a 2 count. AJ pulls him into his own submission. Cena powers up pulls AJ Into the electric Chair, but styles reverses, and Cena gets him into a Figure Four. Styles wiggles out and into a cross arm breaker amazingly. Cena picks up AJ and drops him on his back and both men are down again. Amazing.

Cena is up first and climbs gingerly to the top turnbuckle. AJ gets up and counters the power bomb, goes for the Styles Clash and hits it. Turns Cena over and a 1, 2 and kickout! AJ goes for a springboard 450 from outside the ring and Cena gets his knees up. Cena hits a surprise powerbomb for a 2 count, and they're both down again. The announcers ask what's left in either of their tanks. AJ picks up Cena plants him with a knee (Ushi guroshi?) for a 2 count. AJ is selling a leg injury. Cena catapults AJ face first into the top turnbuckle. Hits a Stone Cold/DDP-esque cutter and gets a 2 count. John sets up AJ on the top turnbuckle, lifts him on his back and hits a mega Avalanche AA and gets a 1, 2 and kickout. Cena is amazed that AJ kicked out of that. Picks up AJ again, Styles counters, hits the Styles Clash again and can't turn over for the pin. Cena is up. Goes for the phenomenal foream, but Cena counters into the AA, rolls him through hits a second AA and gets the pinfall victory to tie the Nature Boy Ric Flair at 16 Heavyweight Title Reigns. **HERE is your winner and the NEW WWE HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION JOHN FELIX CENA**

Elimination Chamber is in 2 weeks and the new champion will have to defend against 5 other men. Yikes.

Recap of Seth Rollins at NXT Takeover last night, which led to him being BANNED from the building tonight (which means you know he's going to be there anyway). Joining Michael Cole and Corey Graves on commentary for the Rumble it's Jerry the King Lawler. But first it's the top 15 RR moments.

5) ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH -

Order of Entry:

1. *Big Cass RAW (who comes out with Enzo and they do their thing)
2. The US Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho RAW (for the 3rd time at #3)
3. *Kalisto SDL
4. *Mojo Rawley SDL
5. *Jack Gallagher 205Live - enters with William #3 (his umbrella)
6. *Mark Henry RAW
7. *Braun Strowman RAW
8. *Sami Zayn RAW
9. *Big Show RAW
10. *Tye Dillinger NXT
11. *James Ellsworth SDL (w/Carmella)
12. *WWE Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose SDL
13. *Baron Corbin SDL
14. *Kofi Kingston RAW
15. *The Miz SDL (w/Maryse)
16. *Sheamus RAW
17. *Big E RAW
18. *Rusev RAW (w/Lana) - He has a broken nose.
19. *Cesaro RAW
20. *Xavier Woods RAW
21. *Bray Wyatt SDL
22. *Apollo Crews SDL
23. **Randy Orton SDL**
24. *Dolph Ziggler SDL
25. *Luke Harper SDL
26. *Brock Lesnar RAW (w/Paul Heyman)
27. *Enzo Amore RAW
28. *Goldberg RAW
29. *Undertaker ???
30. *Roman Reigns RAW

Order of Elimination

1. Jack Gallagher by Mark Henry
2. Mojo Rawley by Braun Strowman
3. Big Cass by Braun Strowman
4. Kalisto by Braun Strowman
5. Mark Henry by Braun Strowman
6. Big Show by Braun Strowman
7. James Ellsworth by Braun Strowman
8. Tye Dillinger by Braun Strowman
9. Braun Strowman by Baron Corbin
10. The New Day by SHeamus and Cesaro
11. The New Day by SHeamus and Cesaro
12. The New Day by SHeamus and Cesaro
13. Sheamus & Cesaro by Chris Jericho
14. Sheamus & Cesaro by Chris Jericho
15. Apollo Crews by Luke Harper
16. Dean Ambrose by Brock Lesnar
17. Dolph Ziggler by Brock Lesnar
18. Enzo Amore by Brock Lesnar
19. Brock Lesnar by Goldberg
20. Rusev by GOldberg
21. Baron Corbin by Undertaker
22. Luke Harper by Goldberg
23. Goldberg by Undertaker
24. Miz by UNdertaker
25. Sami Zayn by Undertaker
26. Undertaker by Roman Reigns
27. CHris Jericho by Roman Reigns
28. Bray Wyatt by Roman Reigns
29. Roman Reigns by Randy Orton -

HERE IS YOUR WINNER RANDY ORTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic event. YEE HAW.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Slayer View Post
Hmm Excitin Event ... Decent Card... Should Be Fun To Watch ...

But in partic lookin forward to the followin

Now Given The Undertaker @ (4/1 odds) who made his WWE debut in 1990, is still wrestling, but unlike almost all other years he is in the Royal Rumble match. He’s a part-timer these days, so any appearance by the Dead Man feels extra special, but considering that he might win and go on to a huge (possibly final) match at WrestleMania makes this one even better....

Also Regardin “The World’s Largest Athlete” probably won’t win, but the WWE is teasing a showdown between the veteran giant monster (Big Show) versus the new giant monster, Braun Strowman, which means we might get a massive face-to-face during the Rumble, which will be one of the most exciting moments of the entire match.

Still Wonder Regardin CenaVStyles - If it'll end up as either Styles winnin in cheap fashion - Given Styles has proven to be a huge fan favorite since making his debut, quickly becoming a major merchandise mover with impressive t-shirt sales and a habit for selling out of other merchandise as well. But if WWE wants to keep Styles as a heel, which may be virtually impossible at this point, having him cheat to beat Cena for a fourth time would go a long way toward cementing him as a legitimate villain

Or given since the brand split, WWE has built up Styles as Cena's most unbeatable foe as "The Champ" has literally never beaten "The Phenomenal One." Generally speaking, when WWE does something like this, it leads to the babyface finally overcoming his biggest obstacle and defeating the heel. Unless WWE throws us a major curveball, that's likely the scenario here, with Cena vanquishing Styles in route to winning his record-tying 16th World title...

As for Reigns V Owns (W/ Jericho) - For Owens, this could be the end of his run as Universal Champion and the start of a rivalry with Chris Jericho. (Finally Hopin so) - For Reigns, he appears to be headed for a top match at WrestleMania 33 against one of the biggest names in the business.

As WWE continues to try to build Reigns into "the guy," he's been rumored for a potential WrestleMania main event versus Goldberg, Brock Lesnar or even The Undertaker, and is virtually a shoo-in for a third straight World title main event on the grandest stage of them all. But first, he has to get through Owens and leave the Royal Rumble as the Universal Champion, which is something that seems likely given WWE management's insistence on pushing him as its top face... Pivotal Moment for Both Stars - Still Expectin Regins to Win w/ Jericho causin Owens to Lose somehow settin up a Jericho v Owens Rivalry into WM33

*Excitin Times to say the least (For once)*
You don't read the betting odds do ya? For about the 10th PPV in a row they were dead on. Including Randy winning the rumble.

Early this morning the odds shifted big time to the favorites and they were all HEAVY favorites. I was surprised that Owens ended up a huge favorite, but not very much. After his #30 entry in the Rumble and the boos, maybe, just maybe Vince will finally realize that he needs to turn Roman heel to earn those boos. And stop shoving him down our throats.

Cena winning was telegraphed weeks ago, when the match was made quite honestly. Now the only question is will he hold the belt until Wrestlemania, or will he lose it to Bray setting up Randy vs. Bray which is now rumored.

All the title changes were foreshadowed. If the club didn't win this time, man they would have zero credibility. After all it was their 8th time vying for the tag titles. Swann was never really a legit champ, and always felt like a placeholder.

And Randy emerged as a -1200 favorite this morning. That's HUGE. In a field of 30 dudes no one else was even close.

Goldberg/Brock may not happen now, let's see Taker/Goldberg...let's see Roman/Taker or Roman/Goldberg. Whatever.

Last edited by WildWill : 01-29-2017 at 10:04 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
WildWill is offline   Reply With Quote