Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > General > Random Topic Center
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2017, 04:09 AM   #401
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

D-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the rough

Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.

I sorta have to admit overall that was something of an underwhelming conclusion to an otherwise cracking pay-per-view, with some unusual final choices.

You can tell which WWE fans don’t shower by how many loud, male cheers erupted when Kevin Owens showed up.....

Roman Reigns in the Royal Rumble was the most self-aware moment in WWE modern history. Reigns and Owens waged a brutal battle in their no disqualification encounter and while there wasn’t a lot of selling of moves, they put their bodies on the line to entertain us immensely. Even so WWE was teasing Nerd Rage III and people legit thought he was going to win, especially after he eliminated Undertaker. This made Randy Orton winning an even more thrilling finish and even more predictable that Reigns would fail at the v last hurdle in his quest for yet another shot at a Top Title....

The only thing that would have made the cruiserweight video package better is if anybody actually cared about the cruiserweights.

Neville was introduced as the “self-proclaimed king of the cruiserweights.” I love when WWE Superstars add a little pizazz to their introductions. If I was a WWE Superstar, I’d have the ring announcer read my Tinder profile.

The announcers are really leaning into the whole “Rich Swann’s parents died” thing. Neville’s cruiserweight win was the right move but WWE has a huge task on its hands in making this division matter.

Everytime chatter drums up of John Cena possibly turning heel, WWE rolls out a new line of Cena merchandise and then it’s all like “nevermind.”

When announcing AJ Styles, ring announcer Greg Hamilton paused after he said “from Gainesville, Georgia…” almost as if to say “you guys still want to cheer for Styles now?”

I can’t say enough good things about John Cena’s victory over AJ Styles. It was a modern classic and both men deserve all of the plaudits coming their way. Fair enough John Cena has further cemented an already cast iron WWE Hall of Fame legacy by equalling Ric Flair’s record 16 world championship reigns and Styles ensured he did it following one of the best matches of his career. John Cena is 16-time world champion and it makes sense because, if you think about it, Cena is the greatest WWE Superstar of all time considering he still has potential to go on and win a few more Titles before Retirement ....

Presumably Bray Wyatt will capture the WWE Championship from John Cena at Elimination Chamber, therefore setting up the logical Randy Orton versus Bray Wyatt match at WrestleMania 33. Orton challenging Cena for the thousandth time surely cannot be allowed to happen on the grandest stage of them all!

The selection of Orton to win the Rumble - a 36-year-old, 12-time world champion who was utterly destroyed by Brock Lesnar last August at SummerSlam - is odd. However, he remains a big name with a hugely popular finisher.

It doesn’t say a lot for WWE’s ability to create new stars at present, but then The Viper putting Wyatt over at the Camping World Stadium would do just that, in about the biggest way possible.

At least by eliminating Roman Reigns last, who nobody wanted to see win, Orton’s victory was guaranteed a favourable reception at the Alamodome. While he has his detractors, he remains a genuine crowd favourite at most shows.

Goldberg again humiliating Brock Lesnar was peculiar and where WWE intends to go with their anticipated April 2 showdown remains a mystery. Lesnar made mincemeat off the rank and file roster members, yet Goldberg has his number.

It was certainly another ‘oh my God’ moment, as was the Deadman dumping out Goldberg, even if his exit looked pretty clumsy.

Reigns dispatching Undertaker when his back was turned was a heel move, which drew huge boos. If they go head to head in Orlando, Florida, there will not be any better opportunity to finally turn the hated Reigns heel.

Big Cass entered at No. 1. With Enzo in tow, it didn’t seem like an entry as much as it seemed like a commercial for what fans were about to see.... Big Dissapointment IMO

One of the biggest “surprise” entrants was Tye Dillinger, who entered at No. 10. An even bigger surprise was that he was able to last for more than 10 seconds with Braun Strowman.

Baron Corin getting the Braun Strowman elimination was a great visual and did a good job of transitioning from one rising star in the Royal Rumble to another.

Kofi Kingston’s annual “stayin’ alive” spot was an impressive leap from the ring post where he held on. It wasn’t as good as his previous spots, but it didn’t get what it deserved from this crowd.

WWE really backload this Royal Rumble. 24 entrants in and no Goldberg, Brock Lesnar or Undertaker. You’d think they’d want to spread out those massive pops so they can preserve their energy but I guess San Antonio is going to have to dig deep.

Still not bad - lookin forward to Monday + Tuesdays Smackdown + Raw shows tho...
D-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:34 AM   #402
Son Gokū
In the hospital...

Son Gokū is just really niceSon Gokū is just really niceSon Gokū is just really niceSon Gokū is just really nice

Wasn't good enough.
Cena v AJ was great though. Cena tied with Ric. One more to go...

Royal Rumble mostly trash besides Taker, Brock, and Goldberg.
Goldberg made Brock look like a noob again. XD
Taker only knocked out Goldberg do to WrestleMania prep hax.
Meh. Everyone would have teamed up on him anyway......

Randy is good, but I'm not feeling him at all lately...
I was PISSED at Roman being the last guy.

Not a single guest star or returning fighter was VERY disappointing...
With Taker at 29, most swore we'd get:
Kurt Angle
Sting
Jeff Hardy
Hulk Hogan

Nope. Nothing.
Roman better get Waaaaaaaaaaaayyyyy better especially with mic skills to get the sides of the old school fans.

6/10
4 JUST for Cena/AJ
2 JUST for Goldberg making Brock look bad again LOL
2 for Goldberg Brock and Taker

So... Looks like Cena vs Orton is gonna happen... AGAIN!!!
Now who is Goldberg fighting for WrestleMania? Brock or Taker? A triple threat???

<Click the links below to see some cool stuff!>

YO! It's Goku's Yu-Gi-Oh! Trade Thread! Trade with Goku here!

~Super Saiyan Techs~
(Updated 10/29/16)
Son Gokū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 12:41 PM   #403
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

D-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the roughD-Slayer is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
True - all eyes were on the explosive Brock Lesnar when he arrived as the No 26 entrant, and The Beast promptly got rid of Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler as he wreaked havoc in the ring. After sending Enzo Amore back from where he came from within seconds, Lesnar’s rival, Goldberg, came out at No 28 to reignite their feud. After embarrassing Lesnar at Survivor Series on his return to the WWE, Goldberg backed up the 89-second victory by spearing Lesnar and immediately eliminating him.
Quote:
But Goldberg was stopped in his tracks by The Undertaker, with the Phenom’s gong hitting as the lights went out. With Goldberg waiting for him, Undertaker suddenly appeared in the ring behind Goldberg before the two went at it. They eliminated Corbin and Rusev, before The Deadman threw Goldberg out of the ring in another dramatic twist.The Undertaker’s attempt would not last much longer. The final entrant proved to be Reigns, and e shocked the Phenom when he eliminated him, much to his anger, and a frosty staredown afterwards suggested this could be the start of something else in the pipeline.
But

Quote:
Currently the WrestleMania main event is Cena versus Orton. It's a match fans have seen a thousand times before and have little interest in seeing again. The smart money is therefore on Wyatt finally winning the big one in the chamber, setting up a showdown with Randy, who joined his Wyatt Family in October. John Cena will defend his newly won WWE Championship in the main event, when he will face five other men inside the ominous steel structure.
Quote:
AJ Styles, whom Cena narrowly beat after an enthralling match of the year contender last night, will certainly be involved. The remaining four could well include Bray Wyatt, who came third in the Rumble, and the dominant Baron Corbin, who eliminated the monster Braun Strowman. They will probably be joined by former world champions Dean Ambrose and Dolph Ziggler, with Rumble winner Randy Orton ready to face the victor. I cant see anyone else participatin in such a short period of time Smackdown wise... The master of the RKO would then be ready to win either his 13th world championship or help establish Bray as the number one heel on SmackDown.

However I am lookin forward to tonites Raw for one thing in particular if nothing else

Quote:
Given Seth Rollins was not seen in any capacity at the Royal Rumble, after Stephanie McMahon said banned him from the Alamodome. That was a result of The Architect first losing his place in the rumble match to Sami Zayn on Raw last week, after she forced him to put it up for grabs. Ofc Recap wise Zayn won after Rollins was distracted when Triple H's entrance theme started to play - the latest interference from HHH in the progress of his former prodigy. The Game is yet to give any explanation for turning against his former ally in The Authority last August, when he helped hand the vacant Universal Championship to Kevin Owens. But On Saturday night at NXT TakeOver: San Antonio, Rollins crashed the show and demanded a showdown with HHH, finally drawing the 14-time world champion out into the open. But Triple H simply sent a team of security guards down to the ring to dispatch Rollins, although the enraged Seth promptly gave them a beating. Stephanie has said she will address Rollins tonight on Raw, which will hopefully lead to HHH giving the world some answers as to why he turned his back on his friend.
Old 01-31-2017, 06:08 PM   #404
WildWill
WiseArse

WildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud of

I don't know how anyone could think Jeff Hardy would have been in the rumble given that he's signed to TNA and is basically carrying the company lately. There's no way in hell the new ownership would let their top draw even moonlight for a night.

Angle kept saying he wasn't going to be in it. I don't know why people didn't believe him. He's not in wrestling shape. He won't even have a match at Wrestlemania, beg all you want. You'll get him at the HOF and that's it. He has a long road to go with the addiction before the corporate WWE will put money on him in the ring.

You will never see Hulk Hogan wrestle in WWE again. There would also be no way they'd be able to keep a Hogan contract secret. He's still too toxic.

Sting isn't in wrestling shape either, never will be again. The dude practically died in his last match. He's done. Not everyone can be Terry Funk. Hell Terry Funk shouldn't even be Terry Funk anymore.

All you need to do to see how protected these old guys are these days is look at the replay of Dolph Ziggler kicking Jerry Lawler in the chest from a couple weeks ago. HE WAS NOWHERE NEAR Jerry's chest. WWE is so corporate these days they cannot afford another bad mark at this point. They're playing it safe and rightfully so, they have more to lose than the indies or TNA these days. TO the general public WWE IS wrestling, and with the number of injuries and deaths over the last several years they cannot afford another black eye. If talent ain't happy with it they can go somewhere else and try their luck. They're not kowtowing to anyone anymore. All you have to do is look at Paige/ADR, Ryback and Cody to see that's true. WWE is so stacked with talent they don't need to bring in the retired guys anymore to get a pop, obviously.

The biggest mistake was putting in Roman at #30 but at least they didn't exacerbate it by having him win the damn thing. Best thing they can do now is turn him heel. Otherwise it was a solid rumble overall.
Old 02-01-2017, 05:21 PM   #405
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Ditto - Vince McMahon has spent the best part of two and a half years trying to mould Roman Reigns as John Cena's successor.

The problem is fans have consistently rejected being told who to cheer and his Superman-like routine, which sees Reigns no-sell attacks and overcome all obstacles.

His promos still leave a lot to be desired, but he has become a fine worker in the ring, undoubtedly has the look of a world champion and oozes a natural arrogance.

Observers have therefore begged with WWE to turn Reigns heel, which the company has steadfastly ignored, despite ever-increasing jeers for their golden boy.

Fans cheered loudly when Braun Strowman cost him a shot at Kevin Owen's Universal Championship, then booed him to the rafters when he entered the rumble at number 30.

That was magnified ten-fold when the self-styled Big Dog attacked the legendary Undertaker from behind and tipped him over the top rope.

The Deadman stared down Reigns, who bellowed "It's my yard now" - a bold claim to make to the Phenom who has ruled the ring for nearly three decades.

Michael Cole referenced the rivalry "not being over" and everything points towards a WrestleMania clash between the pair.

WWE will not have any better opportunity to finally capitalise on Reigns being the most hated man in the company than against the huge fan favourite.

But even on Raw on Monday nite - when Roman Reigns interrupted the Main Title match to confront Strowman. His Superman Punch to the Big Man caused a disqualification. Reigns continued to attack Strowman, leaving him laying with a Spear. Afterwards, he hit a Spear on the champion as well. Roman, I love you but you ruined the Man Event, buddy. You are definitely going to pay for that one... Good Opening Direction for Reigns to Go Onwards From - Prob end up facin Strowman in a match next week or somat...

Still Raw was good but imo Poor

The show got off to a pretty good start, solely due to Braun Strowman. Honestly, the way the Universal Championship match went down seemed to bring the rest of the show down. It was like letting all the air out of a balloon suddenly. KO and Jericho appear to be working towards a riff between them with their interaction backstage. But we’ve been down this road before. Don’t tease me unless you’re going to please me, WWE.

Sasha Banks is going to get frustrated and take out her anger on the wrong person, isn’t she? Bayley got a pin on Charlotte, which ultimately means she will have another chance to beat Charlotte for the Women’s Championship, while Sasha keeps getting whooped by Nia Jax. This story has major potential, especially if it results in getting to see the actual Boss on RAW at last.

The tag team picture still seems a bit of a mess. Cesaro and Sheamus still don’t get along after all this time. I feel like a break up is pointless here because they started off fighting each other.

Why are Enzo and Big Cass still beefing with Rusev and that other guy? Did they not settle this a while ago? If not, let’s just pretend they did, huh? Enzo and Big Cass versus Rusev and Jinder Mahal: This is all just stupid and awful and I cannot say anything otherwise. I’m sorry. The best part of this was Rusev wearing a nose guard while Lana introduced him as Handsome Rusev.

Where the bleep was the New Day?

OMG! Lesnar and Goldberg at WrestleMania! Yeah, but . . . . is Goldberg gonna squash Lesnar again? Because if not, hard, hard pass on that.

The Cruiserweights remain the opposite of over and it is anyone’s guess who or what it will take to change that. I hope it happens soon because King Neville and Gentleman Jack are great anchors for the division and I have loved all their work recently.

Being perfectly honest, I hated Seth’s promo on Stephanie. She’s supposed to be the bad guy and she is taking the high road, refusing to resort to name calling and insults, even hitting Rollins with some truths about himself. Rollins came off like a scorned lover who is upset that he got dumped. He just seemed really unnecessarily petty towards her, especially bringing up their children. Really. Too far. Way too far for me. I don’t care that Samoa Joe choked this guy out. I kind of think he earned that one.

Speaking of, Triple H’s promo was as close to a baby face promo you will probably ever hear from a heel. And he got cheered. And he got his name chanted. And the crowd was chanting for Joe while Rollins was laid out in the ring. But, you know, he’s totally going to get Rollins over as a face HUGE.

As for Samoa Joe, I really would have preferred him being his own man on the main roster and debuting in a talking segment because very few people in this company are better than him talking. You take what you can get, I suppose. I look forward to what he brings to the show but this was really an easy, uninspiring way to bring him up.

To me, RAW gets certain things almost right all the time. It is about time they start getting them all the way right. It’s Mania season. Outside of a few segments, this show was dull.

Smackdown was better show of the week imo ...
Old 02-02-2017, 08:52 AM   #406
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

ShOcK will become famous soon enough

Randy Orton won the royal rumble and John Cena won the WWE Championship and both are in the Smackdown brand. YES! We finally gonna have the dream match we all been waiting for. They both entered the WWE at the same time and we will finally get to see it happen. Randy Orton vs John Cena for the WWE Championship at the main event of WrestleMania 33. Wow finally WWE does it right!
ShOcK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 12:19 PM   #407
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Oh Please - Too Little too Late - No One Wants to See Cena V Orton .. We've Cen(a)ough

Even tho WWE;s already promotin the Hype - Given WWE Royal Rumble winner Randy Orton appeared on WWE Talking Smack v recently after Smackdown and during the appearance Orton, Renee Young and Daniel Bryan discussed the upcoming WWE Elimination Chamber match. Orton said of everyone in the match he knows John Cena the best, and that “whether the [WWE] fans know it or not, they want to see that again,” referring to a possible Orton vs Cena WWE Title match at WrestleMania 33. Orton also talked Cena tying Ric Flair’s 16 World Title wins, and said it “means nothing” to him, as he has 12 World Titles under his belt and he can and will beat Cena if they face each other at WrestleMania 33.

However I do reckon it'll be Orton V Bray (Bray winnin the Elimination Chamber Match)

Cause Rumours (Strong Rumours) Goin around are that apparently the plan for WrestleMania is John Cena & Nikki Bella vs. Miz & Maryse because the rumor going around is that will be Nikki's last match in WWE due to issues with her neck so makes sense to see Cena lose his title at the Chamber due to Miz and set up a joint rivalry leadin up to WM33... (Miz is also in the Elim Chamber Match Set up)

Also Reports that the Undertaker was apparently hurting bad after Royal Rumble and having issues with the hip he had surgery on - so I doubt we'll see him again anytime soon and whilst thats a real shame indeed and makes sense not to include him in the Elimination Chamber PPV match for Cenas title, it does leave into Q his involvement of sorts as to what sort of match he'll most likely end up in at WM33..... Esp as if predicted Goldberg v Lesnar goes ahead for one final showdown - that leaves a possible turned heel by then Roman Reigns to face or someone else....?

Also regardin Raw - hearin rumours that Sami Zayn is expected to bridge the gap between Chris Jericho and Kevin Owens, given Rollins injury so expect a Zayn vs. Jericho and possibly Zayn v Owens storyline (albiet however brief soon) ...
Old 02-11-2017, 10:33 AM   #408
Future Mod
Pojo Veteran

Future Mod will become famous soon enough

Theory / Rumor / Spoiler

1. Brock costs Goldberg his title shot at Fastlane.
2. Jericho beats Owens at WrestleMania.
3. Brock challenges Jericho, feud from SummerSlam 2016.

Logic: If Goldberg had the title, Jericho wouldn't have been able to challenge for it. & Brock wanted to screw over Goldberg, because Goldberg embarrassed him twice.
Future Mod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #409
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

In order Wrestlin News

Quote:
Chavo Guerrero, Sr. died on Saturday at age 66. Chavo Guerrero, Jr. noted on his Instagram page that his father was diagnosed with liver cancer last month.

Chavo Sr. was a longtime wrestler who was billed as “Chavo Classic” during his 2004 WWE run. He appeared more recently on the Lucha Underground television show. My condolences to the Guerrero family as well as his friends and fans.
Quote:
Also WWE announced Friday that Mojo Rawley vs. Curt Hawkins will be the Kickoff Show match for Sunday’s Elimination Chamber pay-per-view.
Quote:
Oh and Lastly JBL announced on his Twitter account that his “Legends with JBL” series on the WWE Network is done. He posted the following on Twitter:

Quote:
Quote:
toso957 @toso957
After listening to Stan Hansen on #LegendsWithJBL on #WWENetwork a great followup would be Dory &Terry Funk! @JCLayfield @WWE
Quote:
John Layfield ✔ @JCLayfield
.@toso957 @WWE unfortunately only Jimmy Hart is left for Legends series, looks like there won't be any more. I really enjoyed all of them!
5:35 PM - 8 Feb 2017
Quote:
John Layfield ✔ @JCLayfield
Thanks to all who enjoyed #LegendswithJBL. I loved it, wish I could do more-but not to be, maybe one day @WWE will bring it back.
11:40 PM - 9 Feb 2017
Also I can see it happenning - Jericho v Owens at Wrestlemania - the seeds have been planted for this for a while (since Survivor Series imo) so its not entirely impossible ... but one I'd enjoy if it were to develop into something beyond WM33 which could well happen ...

Also The betting odds for the women's matches at this Sunday's Elimination Chamber pay-per-view are shifting, as well as the odds for the handicap match pitting Dolph Ziggler vs. Apollo Crews & Kalisto.

Both the Smackdown Women's Championship match and Becky Lynch vs Mickie James have flipped completely. Based on these odds, Naomi could very well win the Smackdown Women's championship, but keep in mind that Alexa Bliss could lose on a DQ or Count Out and still retain the title. The odds here are also very close and could potentially flip again.

Mickie James was originally favored to win her match against Becky Lynch, but that has flipped as well. It's not uncommon for the WWE to have new or returning talents do a few jobs before pushing them. We saw it with Brock Lesnar losing to John Cena in his return match at Extreme Rules in 2012 and he went on to end the Undertaker's streak and destroy everyone in his path with the obvious exception of Goldberg.

While it's not exactly a flip, the odds have become more narrow in the Nikki Bella vs Natalya match. In fact, it's very close right now and may flip altogether. Compare this to the rest of the matches where the odds widened. This is one to pay attention to

The handicap match has flipped significantly with Apollo Crews and Kalisto now significantly favored to win. This one has actually flipped a few times but never this dramatically.

Here are the new odds on the Women's matches that shifted. These are all under "end of broadcast rules" meaning the final decision before the event ends will be how the bet is graded. This accounts for the "Dusty Finish". A quick understanding of how to read these odds is that the minus sign represents the favorite and the plus sign indicated the underdog. The number after the plus or minus is how favored or unfavored the competitors happen to be.

Quote:
WWE Women's Championship Match
Alexa Bliss +220 vs Naomi -300

Becky Lynch -170 vs Mickie James +130

Handicap Match
Dolph Ziggler +400 vs Apollo Crews & Kalisto -600

Here are the updated odds for the rest of the card:

WWE Championship – Elimination Chamber Match
Bray Wyatt -4500
Field (Anyone but Bray Wyatt +1500)
John Cena +1000
AJ Styles +2000
Baron Corbin +3000
The Miz +3500
Dean Ambrose +4500

WWE Smackdown Tag Team Championship – Tag Team Turmoil
American Alpha -4500
Field(Anyone but American Alpha) +1500
The Usos +850
Heath Slater & Rhyno +3000
The Ascension +3500
Breezango +3500
The Vaudvillains +5000

Singles Matches

Randy Orton -1730 vs Luke Harper +830

Nikki Bella -190 Natalya +150
Still cant wait for tomorrow .. nice to have the Elim Chamber bac again

Additional Comment:

So Elimination Chamber Tonite, we know Randy Orton is in the main event of WrestleMania 33 and the winner of tonight’s Elimination Chamber is set to battle him on April 2.

The logical explanation for him winning the Rumble was that Bray Wyatt will leave the Elimination Chamber with the WWE Championship, leading to their unlikely alliance coming to an abrupt end.

The alternative of Orton facing current champion John Cena - a contest fans have seen countless times before and have no desire to watch yet again - doesn’t bear thinking about.

AJ Styles, the man who lost the title to Cena in an epic encounter at the Rumble, may be demanding his long-awaited one-on-one rematch come Tuesday, because on the face of it at least, he is unlikely to seize back the strap.

Baron Corbin’s meteoric rise over the last 12 months has elevated him to esteemed company and he will no doubt look very strong in defeat, while setting up a possible clash with Dean Ambrose over The Lunatic Fringe’s Intercontinental Championship.

That leaves The Miz, who if rumours are to be believed, may be welcoming his wife Maryse back into the ring in April to challenge Cena and Nikki Bella in a mixed tag match.

It will be interesting to see if that plays out with The Miz being the man who costs Cena his chance of main eventing the biggest show of year.

But most of all fans and pundits long convinced by the potential of Wyatt as a main event star will hope The New Face of Fear wins convincingly and finally adds a major singles title to his resume.

Should be a good event nonetheless....

Go Miz / Naomi

Last edited by D-Slayer : 02-12-2017 at 06:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2017, 08:15 PM   #410
WildWill
WiseArse

WildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud ofWildWill has much to be proud of

**WWE Fastlane PPV - RAW Exclusive** - Results:

A. Akira Tozawa & Rich Swann defeat The Brian Kendrick & Noam Dar via pinfall by Swann on Dar.

1. Samoa Joe submitted Sami Zayn with the Cocina Clutch
2. RAW Tag Team Champions The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) retain against Enzo & Big Cass by Anderson pinning Enzo
3. Sasha Banks pinned Nia Jax
4. Cesaro pinned Jinder Mahal
5. Big Show pinned Rusev
6. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville retained by pinning Gentleman Jack Gallagher
7. Roman Reigns pinned Braun Strowman
8. WWE Raw Womens Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley (Champion)
9. WWE Universal Championship - Goldberg vs. Kevin Owens (Champion)
Old 03-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #411
Son Gokū
In the hospital...

Son Gokū is just really niceSon Gokū is just really niceSon Gokū is just really niceSon Gokū is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWill View Post
**WWE Fastlane PPV - RAW Exclusive** - Results:

A. Akira Tozawa & Rich Swann defeat The Brian Kendrick & Noam Dar via pinfall by Swann on Dar.

1. Samoa Joe submitted Sami Zayn with the Cocina Clutch
2. RAW Tag Team Champions The Club (Karl Anderson & Luke Gallows) retain against Enzo & Big Cass by Anderson pinning Enzo
3. Sasha Banks pinned Nia Jax
4. Cesaro pinned Jinder Mahal
5. Big Show pinned Rusev
6. WWE Cruiserweight Champion Neville retained by pinning Gentleman Jack Gallagher
7. Roman Reigns pinned Braun Strowman
8. WWE Raw Womens Championship - Charlotte Flair vs. Bayley (Champion)
9. WWE Universal Championship - Goldberg vs. Kevin Owens (Champion)
Since Owens is a bug compared to Goldberg, what cheating method was used? XD

Additional Comment:

Nevermind. Goldberg won in 20 seconds. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Goldberg is still the best. I love it.

<Click the links below to see some cool stuff!>

YO! It's Goku's Yu-Gi-Oh! Trade Thread! Trade with Goku here!

~Super Saiyan Techs~
(Updated 10/29/16)

Last edited by Son Gokū : 03-05-2017 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Son Gokū is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 06:50 AM   #412
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

So Goldberg defeats Kevin Owens thanks to Chris Jericho at WWE Fastlane to set up a world title clash with Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania.

The new WWE Universal Champion will face the ex-UFC star in the main event of WrestleMania 33 at the Camping World Stadium in Orlando, Florida on April 2.

Probably in anticipation of the short main event, WWE decided to pad out the middle of the card with two bonus matches that did not feel like pay-per-view quality action.

The show lagged as Jinder Mahal and Rusev, who earlier declared they were splitting as a tag team, were sent out to face two mystery opponents in singles bouts.

Big Show - looking mean and lean - emerged to best Rusev in an average contest, which at least protected his opponent to some extent as it took three chokeslams and a knockout punch to put Rusev away.

Of course the aim of the event was largely to set up the card for WrestleMania 33 and in that sense nearly everything WWE set out to accomplish was achieved.

Next Braun Strowman’s undefeated run and Charlotte Flair’s undefeated pay-per-view streak were both brought to an end - the former in an entertaining battle and the latter in an average contest - in order to facilitate presumably a Sasha Banks heel turn on Bayley and Reigns going one-on-one with The Undertaker next month.

Heres Hopin Tonites Raw Will be jus as entertainin ....
Old 03-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #413
WildWill
WiseArse

Fastlane was one of the worst PPVs of the entire year. Basically a glorified episode of RAW. It was...terrible.
Old 03-06-2017, 03:15 PM   #414
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Well imo one of the truly great match of the night was (from a British Perspective) Newcastle’s Neville retainin' his WWE Cruiserweight Championship in a superb showing against Manchester’s Jack Gallagher.

IMO US British fans should feel proud of two stars from these shores delivering an absorbing clash of such quality, which showcased their immense talents and had fans eating out of the palms of their hands.

When Neville landed a textbook Phoenix Splash off the middle rope, the Mancunian responded with a massive back superplex for a great near fall and followed up with two insane headbutts. He was too dazed and confused to capitalise but connected with another huge headbutt when Neville was on the top turnbuckle, leaving the Geordie sprawled out - seemingly unable to defend himself. Yet somehow Neville survived, tossed Gallagher to the canvas and hit his stunning Red Arrow finisher to clinch victory and show everyone why British wrestling is enjoying such a renaissance in 2017....

Ofc From the fallout now, it looks like we're officially getting Kevin Owens vs. Chris Jericho and a Universal title match from Goldberg and Lesnar.

But Fastlane, unfortunately, was full of missteps - creative choices that don't exactly bode well for the Grandest Stage of Them All. Usually, with these day-after lookbacks, the "Best"s will outnumber the "Worst"s, but that wasn't the case this time around. A curiously noisy crowd was deadened by a mid-show lull of Hour Two RAW proportions while the Women's title picture became even muddier and muddled.

Even if Sasha had wound up losing this match and the choice was made to keep Nia Jax as an unstoppable heel, this was still a great encounter. Light years better than the short squashy kickoff match they had back at the Royal Rumble when it seemed like Sasha had gotten ferociously demoted. This win elevated Sasha back into the title scene (which is kind of her default scene anyhow) setting everything up for a Fatal Fourway at 'Mania.

Just when it seemed like the RAW Women's title match at 'Mania was shaping up in a good, credible fashion, they inked in the ointment and had Sasha come down and interfere on Bayley's behalf again. This time, causing Charlotte to lose her PPV streak. It would have been one thing if Sasha had only stopped Charlotte from hooking the tights on a pin, but Sasha ran down and physically got involved when Charlotte hadn't even broken the rules, thus preventing Charlotte from performing a fair and square move.

And all of this came after Charlotte had Dana stay in the back, fought her own battle, and screamed at Bayley about being a cheater during the match. Of course, I was against the whole "Bayley relinquishing the belt" angle from a few weeks ago, but now I kind of think, going along with her character and what she stands for, that she should give up the strap. It'd certainly make more sense at this point, story-wise, than her just accepting Sasha's unprovoked aid like a heel.

Braun wound up falling to Roman's Spear in the end, but let's never forget, or overlook, the monumental moment when he caught Reigns mid-air, hoisted him up on his shoulder and then powerslammed him through the announce table. A magnificent mauling. Statues have been erected for less
I get that the story here was that Braun had no business being on the top rope and so him missing with the splash gave Roman a big window for a win. It was a risk that didn't pay off. I also know that Roman needed this win if he's truly facing Undertaker at 'Mania, which is rumored to be the case. My head knows all this. But my heart weeps for the monster who was on a roll, lost to Roman right before WrestleMania, and will now probably wind up in the Memorial Battle Royal.

But most of all .....

Owens got nothing. Was it expecting too much that Owens would get in a few kicks and punches on Goldberg, a move or two, when Brock got nothing? Yeah, probably. If Lesnar got squashed then it's unlikely that anyone else could do better against Bill, even in a losing effort. At least Owens can gripe about legitimately being distracted and Brock can't. It just all seems like a rather unceremonious title reign end for a guy who usually delivered amazing twenty minute bouts.

I think mostly, even more than seeing Owens gets a few moves in, I wanted to see Goldberg do more than the Spear/Jackhammer. I know he can't do MUCH more than those maneuvers, but he can do something. Owens fighting back would mean Goldberg would have had pull out a clothesline or a snap spinebuster or something. Something to let us know that he's made progress, training-wise, since November. That's what I was mostly looking for here. The funny thing is, the stalling that Owens did at the top, the constant taking a powder outside the ring, reminded me of all the stalling and posturing that happened during the first WrestleMania match between Goldberg and Lesnar.

Still somewhat optimistic Tonites Raw will be somewhat decent
Old 03-23-2017, 08:08 AM   #415
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

Jim Ross wife just died after being hit by a car and having multiple skull fractures on Monday. My condolences to Jim Ross and his family.
Old 03-23-2017, 04:47 PM   #416
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShOcK View Post
Jim Ross wife just died after being hit by a car and having multiple skull fractures on Monday. My condolences to Jim Ross and his family.
This is very sad. Condolences go out to JR and his family. This is a very sad day (Tho Why she wasn't wearing a helmet ...)
Old 03-24-2017, 11:57 AM   #417
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Slayer View Post
This is very sad. Condolences go out to JR and his family. This is a very sad day (Tho Why she wasn't wearing a helmet ...)
It happens, you just never think that it will or can happen to you. She wasn't at fault as the 17 year old driver who struck her did so from behind. While I have not read any details on the crash, it seems as if the driver just ran her over and the wheel(s) of his car ran over her head.
Old 04-03-2017, 03:56 PM   #418
WildWill
WiseArse

So Wrestlemania happened. John and Nikki got engaged. Undertaker retired. The Hardyz returned and won the tag titles. It was actually the best WM theyve' had in years only really mired by the main event which saw Roman beating Taker, and Taker hanging up the mantle. ALMOST LITERALLY. After th match he put on his duster and hat, then carefully took off the gloves, took off the duster, folded it up, and placed the hat on it in the middle of the ring. He walked out, kissed his wife at ringside and walked up the ramp giving the final one fist raised before he disappeared into the darkness (aka the trap door).

It was a moment.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #419
ThatGuyWithTheHat
Hat Wearing Mod

ThatGuyWithTheHat is just really niceThatGuyWithTheHat is just really niceThatGuyWithTheHat is just really niceThatGuyWithTheHat is just really nice

Hardy Boys retain on RAW
Angle is GM

It's like 2003 all over again XD
20k Posts - 8/26/12 12:41 AM
ThatGuyWithTheHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2017, 06:59 PM   #420
D-Slayer
Resistance is Futile

Tuesday's WWE SmackDown reshaped the blue brand with two major arrivals from NXT.

Building on the buzz from WrestleMania 33, the show opened the gates for both Tye Dillinger and Shinsuke Nakamura. While Nakamura is the far bigger addition, Dillinger's debut was better crafted. WWE went the traditional route with The Perfect 10's introduction and simply let Nakamura show his face.

Randy Orton's reign, the Intercontinental Championship rivalry and Naomi's first battle as SmackDown women's champ made their mark on Tuesday's show, as well. SmackDown left plenty to dissect. A WrestleMania rematch outdid the original. WWE's off-the-rails treatment of Bray Wyatt continued.

Still Nakamura only arrived in his debut. He didn't say a single word. He didn't throw a single kick. He didn't even stare down The Miz. WWE relied on his awesomeness rather than come up with something creative. Even so, the sight of him on SmackDown is thrilling. He will elevate the brand in a big way.

It wasn't clear if he's going to tangle with The Miz, but if he does, that will be a perfect way to welcome The King of Strong Style. But still The Miz's latest mockery of everything from Cena's gait to his posture is a reminder of how hot he is right now and that he is one of the best actors on the roster.
Old 04-18-2017, 09:50 AM   #421
ShOcK
Pojo Veteran

Goldberg looks like he will be back for WM 34. I don't know who he would face (cant be Brock again) but if I had to guess, I think it would be HHH.

Undertaker looks like he retired, but what a way to give the big win the Roman Reigns only to have Braun Stroman almost storyline kill him. It will be even worst when at Payback Reigns overcomes the odds Roman style (no longer Cena style) and gets his revenge back.

Even though the Undertaker has been saying for years he would retire and he always comes back, him breaking character and kissing his wife basically means there is like a 1% chance he ever wrestles again. I mean, he looked like $#!+ he had a gut and he could barely move because he needed hip replacement surgery. However, you still always gotta leave 1% because he has been doing this for like 27 years it is all he knows and that big payday for 1 match (even though he doesn't need it at this point) is always tempting when coupled with the adrenaline rush you get from performing in front of 50,000-100,000 people.

Obviously next year it will be Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns with Reigns winning the belt, but I don't want Lesnar to hold it for a whole year. Maybe they at some point have Stroman win it (summerslam?) and Lesnar gets the belt back at the Rumble.