Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Pokémon > Pokémon Ask Our Masters - TCG Rules & Collecting Q's only
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-17-2017, 07:12 PM   #1
bettis36
Pojo Veteran

bettis36 is on a distinguished road
Default Haven't Played since 2002 NEED HELP!!!

Hello everyone I have not played Pokemon TCG since 2002 but have collected the cards periodically. My friend and I decided to start playing again and was just wondering which would be the best starter decks to buy to start off with. Any feedback is greatly appreciated
Old 04-21-2017, 09:33 AM   #2
Kara Zor-El
Empowered Daughter

Kara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud ofKara Zor-El has much to be proud of

To learn to play modern Pokemon with a starter deck, I would suggest either the legendary battle decks (Articuno, Zapdos, or Moltres-EX) or the Rayquaza vs. Keldeo battle arena decks, some of the cards are no longer legal in Standard, but are the closest to full decks that carry legal cards in them (the World Championship decks are illegal regardless of the format you're in) due to the presence of Pokemon-EX and better utility Pokemon such as Octillery, and higher-level Trainer cards such as N, VS Seeker, etc. that you can use in building your actual deck.

Those weak enough to beg for mercy, do not deserve it.
Kara Zor-El is offline   Reply With Quote