Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Magic: The Gathering > Magic: The Gathering Multiplayer & Variant Format Deck Discussion (EDH/Commander, etc.)
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-14-2016, 12:45 AM   #1
Justmcnew
Pojo Veteran

Justmcnew will become famous soon enoughJustmcnew will become famous soon enough
Default [EDH] Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis

General (1)

1 Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis

Board Control / Protection (23)

1 Retaliator Griffin
1 Michiko Konda, Truth Seeker
1 Total War
1 Lightmine Field
1 Laboratory Maniac
1 Wheel of Sun and Moon
1 Energy Field
1 Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
1 Dueling Grounds
1 Crawlspace
1 Silent Arbiter
1 Sunder
1 Evacuation
1 Aetherize
1 Jester's Cap
1 Stranglehold
1 Suppression Field
1 Aven Mindcensor
1 Fountain Watch
1 Privileged Position
1 Sigarda, Heron's Grace
1 Sigarda, Host of Herons
1 Avacyn, Angel of Hope

Drawing / Utility (23)

1 Farsight Mask
1 Tireless Tracker
1 Biomantic Mastery
1 Keep Watch
1 Bident of Thassa
1 Fumiko the Lowblood
1 Warmonger Hellkite
1 Gate to the Aether
1 Aid from the Cowl
1 Lurking Predators
1 Obstinate Familiar
1 Tomorrow, Azami's Familiar
1 Shattered Angel
1 Lifegift
1 Venser's Journal
1 Orim's Prayer
1 Righteous Cause
1 Reiterate
1 Uyo, Silent Prophet
1 Riku of Two Reflections
1 Natural Affinity
1 Nature's Revolt
1 Jolrael, Empress of Beasts

Recursion (8)

1 Elixir of Immortality
1 Feldon's Cane
1 Reminisce
1 Mnemonic Nexus
1 Second Sunrise
1 Faith's Reward
1 Open the Vaults
1 Replenish

Mana Acceleration / Ramp (20)

1 Sol Ring
1 Thought Vessel
1 Prismatic Geoscope
1 Chromatic Lantern
1 Sasaya, Orochi Ascendant
1 Joiner Adept
1 Prismatic Omen
1 Mana Echoes
1 Burgeoning
1 Mana Geyser
1 Turnabout
1 Early Harvest
1 Mina and Denn, Wildborn
1 Ghirapur Orrery
1 Rites of Flourishing
1 Knotvine Mystic
1 Rattleclaw Mystic
1 Lotus Cobra
1 Stone-Seeder Hierophant
1 Amulet of Vigor

Lands (30)

2 Mountain
2 Forest
2 Plains
2 Island
1 Stomping Ground
1 Temple Garden
1 Hallowed Fountain
1 Steam Vents
1 Breeding Pool
1 Sacred Foundry
1 Gruul Turf
1 Selesnya Sanctuary
1 Azorius Chancery
1 Izzet Boilerworks
1 Simic Growth Chamber
1 Boros Garrison
1 Frontier Bivouac
1 Seaside Citadel
1 Jungle Shrine
1 Mystic Monastery
1 Rootbound Crag
1 Sunpetal Grove
1 Glacial Fortress
1 Sulfur Falls
1 Hinterland Harbor
1 Clifftop Retreat
1 Reliquary Tower
1 Glacial Chasm
1 Academy Ruins
1 Undiscovered Paradise
1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All

Deck Total (100)

Deck strategy is to enable players to draw extra cards and/or play their land drops while drawing attention away from myself by forcing my opponents to attack each other but in the case for 1 v. 1 I add pressure against them from being able to attack me while in both 1 v. 1 and Multiplayer I shut off their combo pieces and their ability to tutor out for them.

Running Sunder as a means of locking out their ability to draw with Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis was one idea I had by forcing my opponents to play their land drops instead of nonland spells in their hand while I could take advantage of this by turning my opponents lands into creatures to swing with by casting Natural Affinity, Nature's Revolt, or use Jolrael, Empress of Beasts as a pseudo-land destruction strategy.

This build also runs various combos that helps play into what Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis wants to accomplish:Other combos and synergies:

Any other help, advice, and suggestions are greatly appreciated.

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/...e=direct_link&

Last edited by Justmcnew : 03-17-2017 at 04:13 AM.
Justmcnew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 06:39 AM   #2
Kestral287
Department Head

Kestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant futureKestral287 has a brilliant future

How has this actually worked out for you in practice? I absolutely adore the Greek Guys as a commander but this is not the kind of deck I feel like they'll do well in. By their nature they give your opponent outs to your alt win conditions, and that's just not where I think you want to be. We have a guy who tries to play a very pillow forty K&T deck and that's the problem he keeps running into. He triggers at end of turn, I draw into a tutor, I go find Merciless Eviction and sweep his board and then kill him.

The other K&T deck that we have is much more of a midrangey list; it really just wants to kill you with Gisela and Maelstrom Wanderer and in one memorable instance by swinging for 50 with a manland. It's had much more success. However, that might be a playgroup thing which is why I'm asking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ku-Ri-Boh View Post
Read Kestral's. He owns my heart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKpwnage View Post
ITT: Kestral wrecking everyone.
Kestral287 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2016, 01:50 PM   #3
Justmcnew
Pojo Veteran

Justmcnew will become famous soon enoughJustmcnew will become famous soon enough

When I was data mining my deck list for EDH/Commander I started realizing that Karona, False God was a better fit to my deck strategy than Kynaios and Tiro of Meletis since I didn't want to take the risk of allowing my opponents to draw out their combo pieces while gaining an advantage through extra land drops and with the focus of forcing my opponents creatures to attack as a means of disrupting their board state to setup combo I thought why not take advantage of my opponents using my General to either try to swing at me with cards to keep her in check or attack other players If there's more than 2 players at the table?

Most Karona, False God lists I've seen online usually go with the Voltron Enchantress strategy which is fine and all but hurts my ability to use card effects such as One with Nature for getting land drops anytime they deal combat damage to a player or If they attack me I'd just have a way to make sure that combat damage doesn't go through which is why I'm going with a +1/+1 counter strategy for her and maybe take advantage of them through card draw like with Sage of Fables and Zameck Guildmage. On the plus side I now have access to Black which allows me to get rid of combo pieces with Nightmare Incursion and Prismatic Omen since it turns my lands into Swamps for it's card effect.

https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/...e=direct_link&

Last edited by Justmcnew : 03-21-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Justmcnew is offline   Reply With Quote