Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh Newbie Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 08:29 AM   #1
Kezar Bane
Learning the Ropes

Default Saga of Blue-Eyes White Dragon

Hello everyone, I am new to Yu-Gi-Oh and I'm trying to build a new deck, using the new Saga of Blue-Eyes White Dragon structure decks.

Can someone help me or give me ideas on how to build a new Blue-Eyes deck using that structure deck pack (3 of them)?

What card are useful and what cards aren't, etc?

Thanks
Kezar Bane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:22 AM   #2
danio13
Pojo Veteran

Umm...The structure deck isn't out yet
But here is a template you can use

http://i.imgur.com/VzvAmfd.png
danio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
Kezar Bane
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by danio13 View Post
Umm...The structure deck isn't out yet
But here is a template you can use

http://i.imgur.com/VzvAmfd.png
Yeah I know, but I'm interested in it and willing to preorder it. Thanks for that, do you think that template is good?
Old 08-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
danio13
Pojo Veteran

Well..It's mine
And It has been working well 80 percent of the time.
You can do better though.
danio13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #5
Kezar Bane
Learning the Ropes

Ahh I see, yeah I need a bit more experience to be able to put a good one together on my own so I'm asking around for advice.

Additional Comment:

Btw do you have a clearer image, I can't see the card names clearly.

Last edited by Kezar Bane : 08-16-2013 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-19-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
boots88
hehe boobs

That deck is really bad.

The BEWD deck is a really bad investment, it will be destroyed by anyone playing something decent.
boots88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #7
Kezar Bane
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots88 View Post
That deck is really bad.

The BEWD deck is a really bad investment, it will be destroyed by anyone playing something decent.
Hmm, thanks for sharing you opinion but are there any specific downsides to the deck you can point out?

Last edited by Kezar Bane : 08-22-2013 at 02:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #8
Xylek

I think it's too early to tell if the deck will just 'suck' or not. The format's getting totally altered by the new Ban-list that starts September 1st. It'll also depend on what kind of decks you'll find yourself facing in your play group/locals.

Are you looking to *only* pick up 3 copies of the Structure deck, or do you have/can you get basic staples to add to it? (One important thing to note, if you're only picking up the Structure Decks, and the current deck list isn't altered between now and then, Monster Reborn will then be banned when you get the decks)
Old 08-22-2013, 03:57 PM   #9
Kezar Bane
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by boots88 View Post
That deck is really bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xylek View Post
I think it's too early to tell if the deck will just 'suck' or not. The format's getting totally altered by the new Ban-list that starts September 1st. It'll also depend on what kind of decks you'll find yourself facing in your play group/locals.

Are you looking to *only* pick up 3 copies of the Structure deck, or do you have/can you get basic staples to add to it? (One important thing to note, if you're only picking up the Structure Decks, and the current deck list isn't altered between now and then, Monster Reborn will then be banned when you get the decks)
I will add my own cards too, but I am not sure one what I will add just yet and it's a defo.
Old 08-23-2013, 08:30 AM   #10
Wondersaw

Rather than just outright blasting the deck like others in this thread, I tried my best to make good on your request and build you something fun and nearly competent using only three copies of the structure. A basic dump/revive type deal with a lot of turboing through. It should be fun enough for a new player, and you get to do lots of BEWD shenanigans which is always interesting.

3x Blue-Eyes White Dragon
3x Maiden with Eyes of Blue
3x The White Stone of Legend
3x Darkstorm Dragon
2x Flamvell Guard
2x Divine Dragon Apocralyph

3x Dragon Shrine
3x Trade-In
3x Silver's Cry
3x A Wingbeat of Giant Dragon
2x Cards of Consonance
1x One for One

3x Call Of The Haunted
3x Castle of Dragon Souls
2x Fiendish Chain
1x Compulsory Evacuation Device

3x Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon

Last edited by Wondersaw : 08-23-2013 at 08:33 AM.
Wondersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #11
Xylek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondersaw View Post
Rather than just outright blasting the deck like others in this thread, I tried my best to make good on your request and build you something fun and nearly competent using only three copies of the structure. A basic dump/revive type deal with a lot of turboing through. It should be fun enough for a new player, and you get to do lots of BEWD shenanigans which is always interesting.

3x Darkstorm Dragon
2x Flamvell Guard

3x Dragon Shrine
3x Trade-In
3x Silver's Cry
2x Cards of Consonance
1x One for One

3x Call Of The Haunted
2x Fiendish Chain

Personally, I can't wait for the deck to come out. Blue-Eyes got me into the game and it's all gonna come full circle with this.

That list seems like a great place to start, and should be easy to alter to your liking and card pool. Personally I'd drop a White Stone and Flamvell Guard for a couple Rider of the Storm Winds and the Apocralyphs for a couple Alexandrite Dragons. Slide in a few extra Spell/Trap staples you might have on hand and you should be good to go.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:06 PM   #12
Kezar Bane
Learning the Ropes

Thanks for the suggestion guys but I would also like to use cards from outside the pack, any ideas?
Old 08-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
E-drag hater

I have preordered 3 decks already and am using some of these cards for a dragon deck I am building relying on using redmd to special summon 1 bewd or a high level dragon like galaxy eyes per turn
maiden with blue eyes is very useful because you can target it with your own cards to summon a blue eyes
3 white stone of legends is a no brainer
I am considering using Foolish Burial to get rid of white stone of legend to add a blue eyes to my hand
I will probably use a big elemental dragon of each type because of them being in the tins
I will post my suggested template eventually after I have tested it on dn for a while

Additional Comment:

masked dragon is almost always a necessity in a dragon deck to thin out the deck and to stall before adding a blue eyes to your hand thanks to white stone of legend

Last edited by E-drag hater : 08-26-2013 at 02:10 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
E-drag hater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #14
boots88
hehe boobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kezar Bane View Post
Thanks for the suggestion guys but I would also like to use cards from outside the pack, any ideas?
No, buying packs won't get you anything.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-drag hater View Post
gon is almost always a necessity in a dragon deck to thin out the deck and to stall before adding a blue eyes to your hand thanks to white stone of legend
Masked Dragon is more likely to be destroyed by card effects than anything else, it is slow and definitely not needed in a dragon deck.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Hmm, thanks for sharing you opinion but are there any specific downsides to the deck you can point out?
Maiden is really easy to get rid of in a pure build that runs only the spells and traps to draw through your deck and discard everything. Brotherhood of the Fire Fist - Tiger King, Fire King High Avatar Garunix, Madolche Queen Tiramisu and Spellbook of Fate are problems that you're going to run into while you try and make your opponent target or bait out maiden. Unless you want to spend a lot of money to invest in things like Safe Zone and do not have the deck focused solely around maiden these are problems that won't go away.

Keep in mind this is more often than not a competitive view of the new BEWD support which I have been testing for a while. Go ahead and make the deck if you want to but if you're really interested in winning and the competitive side of the game the Chaos Dragon version is much better because it has a lot more powerful threats such as Chaos Sorcerer, BLS and the Lightpulsar Dragon loop and it doesn't rely on a draw engine which can be inconsistent at times. If you only want to buy structure decks and are impartial to whatever you buy go buy the Gates of the Underworld structure deck, it gives you the core for an extremely problematic darkworld deck.

Additional Comment:

If you don't care about all that just use this, I have 2 BEWD decks that can be made on a small budget in my signature if you want to check those out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wondersaw View Post

3x Darkstorm Dragon
2x Flamvell Guard

3x Dragon Shrine
3x Trade-In
3x Silver's Cry
2x Cards of Consonance
1x One for One

3x Call Of The Haunted
2x Fiendish Chain

Last edited by boots88 : 08-26-2013 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
boots88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 10:01 PM   #15
OldSchoolCards
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
If you can get your hands on a red eyes darkness Metal Dragon that would be great. He is a must in almost every dragon deck. I'm not really bothered by losing Monster Reborn because he is a walking, ass kicking Monster Reborn. Him being limited to one though you have to make sure you can protect him/bring him back from the graveyard
OldSchoolCards is offline   Reply With Quote