Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Is Shooting Star Dragon a waste of Extra Deck space?
Yes 31 14.49%
No 183 85.51%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 02:23 PM   #1
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Default Official Junk Doppel Quasar Guide Ver.3 - Hikari Sasu Michi To Nare

Welcome to Ver 3 of the Junk Doppel Quasar Guide.

First things first, let us getting into the mood. Let us get into Clear Mind!

There are two variants to our deck type; Junk Doppel and Quickdraw Turbo. Junk Doppel focuses on using a large variety of Synchros. Quickdraw Turbo focuses on using Quickdraw Synchron and using a bunch of the Synchron Warrior Synchro monsters.
Quickdraw Quasar is a variant of Quickdraw Turbo that focuses on bringing out the boss of this deck, Shooting Quasar Dragon.
There are many ways one can build a Quickdraw/Junk Doppel Quasar deck, as there are different variants to both.

So the goal of our deck is to Always be Synchro Summoning. We use our tools from our deck to Special Summon many monsters to be used to Synchro into. As we Synchro Summon from one level to the next, we aim even higher to more powerful Synchros. Eventually we could reach the sense of Over Top Clear Mind and Limit Over Accel Synchro into our boss, Shooting Quasar Dragon.

This Guide will always be updated with all the latest tips/strategies/etc that help players that use Quickdraw/Junk Doppel Quasar.

Last edited by SSJ_Sonikku : 01-02-2014 at 05:11 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #2
Zenity
inc

yeahy first! subbing!

Old 08-04-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
zero
Keikaku Douri

Please do not make a poll this time based on a single card this time UNLESS IT'S A MATTER OF GREAT DEBATE. Last poll was very unnecessary, and its a personal choice of a card anyhow.

Gotta read those posts, I will be productive in the thread this time, haha.
"It's called Pendulum Summoning you noob"
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"
Old 08-04-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
Please do not make a poll this time based on a single card this time UNLESS IT'S A MATTER OF GREAT DEBATE. Last poll was very unnecessary, and its a personal choice of a card anyhow.

Gotta read those posts, I will be productive in the thread this time, haha.
LOL, will do.

That will be a great help. I too am looking at the previous versions post and add anything important. Kinda tough over looking through 40 pages, but I'll be improving this guide.

I read your last post in Ver 2, lol mirasaki a Tsundere to this deck? I can totally see that.

Last edited by SSJ_Sonikku : 08-04-2013 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:09 PM   #5
Zenity
inc

Smile

Posting my courent build! lumina can make up some combos will dumpings some stuff to grave in order to start other combos

http://i.imgur.com/TQUigkp.png

Old 08-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
mirasaki
Loli Pillow Fight!

I am a total tsundere. Not to this deck but to the thread really.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1130396
Old 08-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenity View Post
Posting my courent build! lumina can make up some combos will dumpings some stuff to grave in order to start other combos

Seems very involved. I would love to know how well it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirasaki View Post
I am a total tsundere. Not to this deck but to the thread really.
That explains soooo much. Your Tsundere level is close to Haruhi Suzumiha material.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #8
Gus525
Junk Doppel Expert

Nice thread, I´ll be ready to help anytime
Old 08-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #9
zero
Keikaku Douri

Quote:

But Lumina is really bad... You only have 3 targets that are of any use(Didn't see Ryko even), so what's the point of running it??
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"
Old 08-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #10
AxelSlam
Melee is Good

http://i.imgur.com/E8pHrjB.png

hi guys. this is my build. i'm probably gonna drop Allure of Darkness to make it a nice 40. really love the Card Destruction. yes, i don't run Mind Control.

ignore side deck.

Add me on DN! I need people to play with :[
AxelSlam
Old 08-04-2013, 04:02 PM   #11
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AxelSlam View Post
http://i.imgur.com/E8pHrjB.png

hi guys. this is my build. i'm probably gonna drop Allure of Darkness to make it a nice 40. really love the Card Destruction. yes, i don't run Mind Control.

ignore side deck.
Maxx "C" I would not main deck it. Side yes though. I would add at least 1 Debris Dragon. Card Destruction was dead in my hand from my testing.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:04 PM   #12
AxelSlam
Melee is Good

i've thought about debris. and usually Maxx "C" does work for me. but in the past few games i've played i haven't drawn into it and it makes me sad :[

Add me on DN! I need people to play with :[
AxelSlam
Old 08-04-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
smashmaniac2008
Pojo Veteran

What's the deck skeleton?
Old 08-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
Fantasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashmaniac2008 View Post
What's the deck skeleton?
I'd say something like this:

3x Junk Synchron
2-3x Doppelwarrior
2-3x Quickdraw Synchron
2-3x Level Eater
1-2x Unknown Synchron

1x Dark Hole
1x Monster Reborn
1x Heavy Storm
1x Reinforcement of the Army
1x One for One
1x Foolish Burial
3x Tuning

And for the Extra Deck:

1x Formula Synchron
1x T.G. Hyper Librarian
1x Junk Warrior
1x Junk Gardna OR Drill Warrior (both is fine too, just make sure you run at least 1 Level 6 Synchron-themed Synchro monster)
1x Junk Berserker
1x Road Warrior

That's the bare minimum skeleton; every single Junk Doppel deck should include those cards in my opinion. It's quite a minimal line-up which leaves a lot of room for your own tech cards or engines. At the moment I think the Lightsworn/Milling engine is by far the best, but it's not absolutely essential to the deck, so I don't think it's right to include it in the deck skeleton. Basically the cards that I listed above are the only ones I would consider true staple cards in this deck.

There are several "semi-staples", especially in the Extra Deck, that I think are too good to exclude, but I can still imagine a Junk Doppel deck without them, whereas the cards I mentioned above are simply so crucial to the deck's performance that you really can't do without them. Some of these "semi-staples" include Dandylion, Spore, Pot of Avarice, Synchron Explorer, Shooting Quasar Dragon, Junk Destroyer and Ally of Justice Catastor. Understand that this is all completely subjective though. The reason I listed Pot of Avarice as a semi-staple is because even though I would consider it a staple in a Lightsworn build, I can understand people who think it's too slow in something like a Psychic or T.G.-focused build.

If you do decide to go for a Lightsworn/Milling engine, add the following:

2-3x Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter
0-2x Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress
0-2x Card Trooper

1x Charge of the Light Brigade

Again, not much of a skeleton, since Lyla, Lightsworn Sorceress and Card Trooper are optional even with this engine, but I chose to include them anyway, because you should definitely consider them. Lyla not so much at the moment, but as soon as backrow becomes widely popular again, she is worth your consideration.

Last edited by Fantasty : 08-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:40 PM   #15
Zenity
inc

Quote:
But Lumina is really bad... You only have 3 targets that are of any use(Didn't see Ryko even), so what's the point of running it??
I dont use lightsworn engine only for ryko any more (i moved it to the side)...
Sometimes if i have the plays i foolish lyla and then summon lumina.. Use lumina eff and then either i pop something with lyla and leave it there to mill 6 or i special warwolf for a lil xyz play after the pop of lyla...

Lumina can also dump Spore, Level Eater to the grave (or Tuningware) that i can use with Junk Synchron afterwards...

Lastly its a crane-crane target than can mill as well (although i would probably go with Card Trooper for that)....

I have build most of the deck as it is now (IRL), i only miss the crane-cranes .. I will try to go to locals as it is to have some fun :P (hopefully i believe people sold or left their e-dragons and prophecy coz of banlist :P )

Old 08-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
zero
Keikaku Douri

Has anyone saw the price of ultimate Bulbs now?

Damn.

Okay, so you are primarily using them to mill, gotcha, lemme know how that works out.
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"
Old 08-04-2013, 05:26 PM   #17
Fantasty

Quote:
Has anyone saw the price of ultimate Bulbs now?

Damn.
I'm afraid that it's only going to increase as September draws nearer. I'm probably going to get one in the near future just in case it does get unbanned. It's around 7 euros on the European market, which is doable.

Additional Comment:

I do sort of agree with mirasaki that Glow-Up Bulb is such an easy card to use that it takes away some of the thought you have to put in your plays, but I think that even with Glow-Up Bulb legal, the person who puts more thought into their plays is still going to end up with a better field at the end of the day. Glow-Up Bulb would simply be a huge boost of power for the deck and also make it easier for "bad" duelists to have greater success with it, but it won't change the fact that the "better" duelist will still come out on top, so to speak. Maybe the difference between bad Junk Doppel players and good ones would become smaller, since I suspect bad players will generally get a bigger boost out of Glow-Up Bulb returning than good ones, but it really wouldn't take the fun out of the deck for me. I would just love to have it as a back-up for when my opponent does stop me in my tracks with an Effect Veiler to my Junk Synchron or something.

That being said, I'm afraid that if Glow-Up Bulb becomes legal and Synchro decks do become top tier again (I'm not saying that this will happen, I'm just assuming for a second that it would), then the next ban list would hit some other card that would actually hurt us way more than taking away Glow-Up Bulb ever did, for example T.G. Hyper Librarian. In my opinion T.G. Hyper Librarian is an incredibly broken card and the only reason I think it's not actually banned is because Synchro spam isn't a problem in the meta at the moment. Kind of like how Gateway of the Six isn't banned, even though it's just a horribly designed card.

I think I do agree with mirasaki that I'd rather have Trishula back than Glow-Up Bulb, but I'm definitely not one to complain should Glow-Up Bulb come back. As long we won't have to turn in some other key card to justify it.

Last edited by Fantasty : 08-04-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #18
Gus525
Junk Doppel Expert

Default What if?

Quote:

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Melia_the_Ashwood_Nymph
Tried this one? With Crane Crane and Dandy makes Crazy Combos
Old 08-04-2013, 05:53 PM   #19
zero
Keikaku Douri

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FantasyFan~ View Post
I'm afraid that it's only going to increase as September draws nearer. I'm probably going to get one in the near future just in case it does get unbanned. It's around 7 euros on the European market, which is doable.

Additional Comment:

I do sort of agree with mirasaki that Glow-Up Bulb is such an easy card to use that it takes away some of the thought you have to put in your plays, but I think that even with Glow-Up Bulb legal, the person who puts more thought into their plays is still going to end up with a better field at the end of the day. Glow-Up Bulb would simply be a huge boost of power for the deck and also make it easier for "bad" duelists to have greater success with it, but it won't change the fact that the "better" duelist will still come out on top, so to speak. Maybe the difference between bad Junk Doppel players and good ones would become smaller, since I suspect bad players will generally get a bigger boost out of Glow-Up Bulb returning than good ones, but it really wouldn't take the fun out of the deck for me. I would just love to have it as a back-up for when my opponent does stop me in my tracks with an Effect Veiler to my Junk Synchron or something.

That being said, I'm afraid that if Glow-Up Bulb becomes legal and Synchro decks do become top tier again (I'm not saying that this will happen, I'm just assuming for a second that it would), then the next ban list would hit some other card that would actually hurt us way more than taking away Glow-Up Bulb ever did, for example T.G. Hyper Librarian. In my opinion T.G. Hyper Librarian is an incredibly broken card and the only reason I think it's not actually banned is because Synchro spam isn't a problem in the meta at the moment. Kind of like how Gateway of the Six isn't banned, even though it's just a horribly designed card.

I think I do agree with mirasaki that I'd rather have Trishula back than Glow-Up Bulb, I'm definitely not one to complain should Glow-Up Bulb come back. As long we won't have to turn in some other key card to justify it.
Eh... I suppose that's correct. GUB is a free tuner and a plant, so it would be an overall bigger boost to this deck.

That being said, I still think people would choose archtypes such as Bujins, and Fire Fists over this deck, as it take quite a bit of deliberation.

Hyper Librarian is the core to the advantage of this deck, so I suppose I would rather have Trish back also.

Also, if you have access to one, would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE trade me/sell me a Glow up Bulb Ultimate Rare that is ITALIAN?

Bulbo Luminoso
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"
Old 08-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #20
Fantasty

Quote:
Eh... I suppose that's correct. GUB is a free tuner and a plant, so it would be an overall bigger boost to this deck.

That being said, I still think people would choose archtypes such as Bujins, and Fire Fists over this deck, as it take quite a bit of deliberation.

Hyper Librarian is the core to the advantage of this deck, so I suppose I would rather have Trish back also.

Also, if you have access to one, would you PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE trade me/sell me a Glow up Bulb Ultimate Rare that is ITALIAN?

Bulbo Luminoso
I can't, sorry. One of the sites I use to order my cards is https://en.yugioh.tcgmarket.eu, which is absolutely amazing for Europeans, but sadly they don't have an Italian Glow-Up Bulb at this time. You could always check eBay, but I don't think you'll have much luck there either. You're better off just getting all your cards in English, but I suppose it's too late for that now.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:16 PM   #21
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Would it be beneficial for this guide to include the skeleton framework? If so, I'll definitely link to Fantasy Fan's post.

I definitely welcome either Trishula or GUB or both. GUB would give us some utility to use if we need a Lv1 Tuner pronto. If GUB is not coming back, then give us some power with Trishula
Old 08-04-2013, 06:39 PM   #22
zero
Keikaku Douri

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Sonikku View Post
Would it be beneficial for this guide to include the skeleton framework? If so, I'll definitely link to Fantasy Fan's post.

I definitely welcome either Trishula or GUB or both. GUB would give us some utility to use if we need a Lv1 Tuner pronto. If GUB is not coming back, then give us some power with Trishula
Yes Please.. Trishula is so amazing, its not funny. Its an easy out to almost anything, a level 9 that's worth running, and almost amazingly easy to summon with Road Warrior.

This guide should also include a section with what kind of mentality and strategy we should have with this deck

edit:
We can call it "Clear Mind"

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~FantasyFan~ View Post
I can't, sorry. One of the sites I use to order my cards is https://en.yugioh.tcgmarket.eu, which is absolutely amazing for Europeans, but sadly they don't have an Italian Glow-Up Bulb at this time. You could always check eBay, but I don't think you'll have much luck there either. You're better off just getting all your cards in English, but I suppose it's too late for that now.
Awww... Thanks for letting me know. The Italian glow up Bulb is my favorite, I mean, Bulbo Luminoso!

That's really too bad, I guess the last hope is not have it to be reprinted next format, oddly, haha.(Or this limey guy)

French would've been fine too, oh well.
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"

Last edited by zero : 08-04-2013 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #23
mirasaki
Loli Pillow Fight!

I honestly see them bringing glow up bulb back since all the synchros that exist in this game are ass now but wow the one thing I hope they do NOT do is put tengu back to 3. That is probably the least fun format I've ever had the pleasure of dueling in where everyone and their mother would tech 3 tengu just because.

Additional Comment:

Them bringing back brionac is almost near impossible, trishula is like a half and half situation but bulb is like a 70% likelihood in my eyes because there's no reason for it to be on the list anymore yet saying anything more than 70% is just stupid because it's konami and these are the people that banned both bulb and Spore at the same time.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1130396

Last edited by mirasaki : 08-04-2013 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #24
SSJ_Sonikku
Power of Quasar

Quote:
Yes Please.. Trishula is so amazing, its not funny. Its an easy out to almost anything, a level 9 that's worth running, and almost amazingly easy to summon with Road Warrior.

This guide should also include a section with what kind of mentality and strategy we should have with this deck

edit:
We can call it "Clear Mind"
Added the Deck Skeleton to the guide. Linked to what Fantasy Fan said (hopefully that was no problem).

Could you elaborate a little bit about the "Clear Mind" section?
Old 08-04-2013, 07:20 PM   #25
zero
Keikaku Douri

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirasaki View Post
I honestly see them bringing glow up bulb back since all the synchros that exist in this game are ass now but wow the one thing I hope they do NOT do is put tengu back to 3. That is probably the least fun format I've ever had the pleasure of dueling in where everyone and their mother would tech 3 tengu just because.

Additional Comment:

Them bringing back brionac is almost near impossible, trishula is like a half and half situation but bulb is like a 70% likelihood in my eyes because there's no reason for it to be on the list anymore yet saying anything more than 70% is just stupid because it's konami and these are the people that banned both bulb and Spore at the same time.
Tengu has no chance of coming back with Tenki at 3.

But, I do see Malicious coming back(and hope)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSJ_Sonikku View Post
Added the Deck Skeleton to the guide. Linked to what Fantasy Fan said (hopefully that was no problem).

Could you elaborate a little bit about the "Clear Mind" section?
I will make a post of length elaborating on what it is later on.
"Oh. Damn, I feel old"
Closed Thread