Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2013, 06:48 AM   #1
duffman667

duffman667 is on a distinguished road
Default Nova Grappler Deck

FINAL EDIT

1x Beast Deity White Tiger

4x The Gong
4x Shining Lady
4x Red Lightning
4x Ring Girl Clara

Grade 1
4x Death Army Guy
3x Twin Blader
4x Screaming and dancing announcer, shout
2x Clay Doll Mechanic

Grade 2
3x Brutal Jack
4x Magician girl Kirara
4x Death Army Lady

Grade 3
4x Asura Kaiser
3x Azure Dragon
2x Death Metal Droid

Played a bunch of games against an EzelMore, OTT(CEO) and DOTE deck and went 12-8 with it. Not great but I am pleased to be able to hold up against decks which by now are superior to mine.

Last edited by duffman667 : 06-16-2013 at 08:00 AM.
duffman667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
pikon123
Learning the Ropes

pikon123 is on a distinguished road
Default Nice Deck

I enjoy playing your nova grapplers they keep you STANDING on your toes!!!
pikon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

_Hydrax_ is on a distinguished road

Hmmm. I see quite a lot of cards which are unnecessary in this deck.

You want to know a 'winning image' for any deck you build, a way in which you want to win. If you can figure it out perhaps you can avoid putting random cards which are quite useless in a given deck.

Based on the fact that you are running Asura Kaiser, I think it is safe to assume that it is the approach you're going for. I run Nova Grapplers myself. I even posted my Asura Kaiser build on my blog.

http://vanguardlab.wordpress.com/201...ova-grapplers/

Your trigger lineup looks fine but I personally would try and fit in draw triggers somewhere but if you like your current lineup then don't change it.

Dancing Wolf does nothing for this deck. Queen of Heart is arguably quite subpar because 11000 Vanguards are a thing. But if you like it, run it.

And where your perfect guards at bro??

Storm is quite useless in this deck in my eyes. The threat of unflipping on-hit is not as threatening in mid game as you rarely have used counterblasts during the mid game. Plus you have Claydoll Mechanic for that.

More Asura Kaiser. Max it out. It is very good. When you drive check a grade 3, it can stand the unit in front of a Death Army Guy while Death Army Guy stand via his own ability.

I do like Lion Heat because of the pressure but I prefer Genocide Joker. If you can get your hands on a copy that is.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:43 PM   #4
duffman667

I need to upgrade my list because I have already made some of the changes you suggested _Hydrax_. Genocide Joker isn't yet available in English I don't think but I could be wrong. I have already removed the Queen of hearts and Dancing wolf for more Claydoll Mechanic and added another Asura Kaiser. I sadly have no PG's due to not wanting to pay 18$ + a pop for them lol. I am trying to stay on a budget and so far this deck has cost me a whopping 38$ since I didn't have to buy the trial deck. As far as storm goes I completely agree. I have yet to find any value in that guy so I may get rid of him and put another Death Army guy/girl in there.

I have been relying on Screaming and Dancing Announcer, Shout and Kirara for draws but I have been debating throwing a few draw triggers in there as well.

What is your opinion of Beast Deity Azure Dragon for this build as a backup to Asura? I have been thinking about scratching Moai and Death Metal Droid for him but I really like the 12k/13k hits that Moai and Death Metal can give me on RG circles. Boosted by Toughboy they can cause problems.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:41 PM   #5
EmpireOfTheDemons
Overlord M

EmpireOfTheDemons is on a distinguished road

Actually, Azure Dragon and Asura Kaiser are the preferred grade 3s for a deck like this. They prove to be quite successful together.

Vanguard
GЯanblueGЯeat NatureKageЯo
NarukamiNova GrapplerShadow Paladin
EmpireOfTheDemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:44 AM   #6
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffman667 View Post
What is your opinion of Beast Deity Azure Dragon for this build as a backup to Asura? I have been thinking about scratching Moai and Death Metal Droid for him but I really like the 12k/13k hits that Moai and Death Metal can give me on RG circles. Boosted by Toughboy they can cause problems.
If you insist on Moai or Death Metal Droid, (I recommend the latter because you run tough boys) what you can do is run a 4x Asura, 3x Azure and 2x Moai/Droid.

Even if you don't run 4 Azure Dragon, your opponent does not know that so you can still pressure them. Plus, Azure Dragon does not interfere with your ability to hit Crossrides just to note as you are mainly running 7000 boosters.

On the perfect guard department, you can definitely live without them but if you can, invest in at least 3. Makes your deck much better that you might think.

Additional Comment:

Also EB04 is going to be released in English so getting perfect guards shouldn't be too much of a problem then.

Last edited by _Hydrax_ : 06-08-2013 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
_Hydrax_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:35 AM   #7
duffman667

Thanks for the feedback guys. I have added Azure Dragon so now I am running 4 Asura 3 Azure and 2 Lion Heat(I like is ability at RG to stand grade 1 or less). Yeah I think once EB04 gets here twin blader will be much more accessible for me. I could justify dropping 30-40 on them but 80-90 on a deck that cost me less than 55$(now with azure) is hard to swallow lol. Now that azure dragon is in there I noticed in your blog you said if I am running tough boys I should run Beast deity black tortoise. So I figure I should take out my storms for him? So now my deck list looks like:Grade 0
1x Beast Deity White Tiger
4x Battleraizer
4x Grapple Mania
4x Red Lightning
4x Ring Girl Clara

Grade 1
3x Death Army Guy
3x Tough Boy
3x Screaming and dancing announcer, shout
3x Clay Doll Mechanic

Grade 2
2x Brutal Jack
2x Magician girl Kirara
2x King of Sword
3x Beast deity black turtoise
3x Death Army Lady

Grade 3
4x Asura Kaiser
3x Azure Dragon
2x Lion Heat
Old 06-08-2013, 07:29 AM   #8
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

Ummm well you were on the right track at first. 12 grade 1 and 12 grade 2 is kinda inconsistent. Ok, I lied. VERY inconsistent.

If you wanna run 9 Grade 3s, you MUST run 11 grade 2s and 13 grade 1s.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:53 AM   #9
duffman667

Sorry I typed that all out on my phone lol. I put 2 king of swords but there is only 1 and there are 4 death Army guys. I am also getting rid of the last king of sword for another Death Army Lady. So that will make 17 grade 0, 13 grade 1, 11 grade 2 and 9 grade 3. I also took out 4 stands for 4 crits just a few minutes ago. Do they have an english draw card for NG yet? In my first tournament last Saturday I had a hell of a time keeping cards in my hand consistently. I am surprised I did as well as I did.

Last edited by duffman667 : 06-08-2013 at 10:00 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:40 AM   #10
AsukaTenjyoin
Nyaaa~

AsukaTenjyoin is on a distinguished road

If you mean draw trigger, there are 2.
Three Minutes and The Gong.

Also, can you edit your 1st post with your updated decklist?
AsukaTenjyoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 11:31 AM   #11
duffman667

Asuka, It has been updated. I am planning on taking out my last King of Sword for another Death Army Girl as well.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:35 AM   #12
AsukaTenjyoin
Nyaaa~

Thx.

I assume Asura Kaiser is your main VG?
Then why the 3 Tortoises?

Still don't see the usefulness of Lion Heat....

Last edited by AsukaTenjyoin : 06-08-2013 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:51 PM   #13
duffman667

Kaiser is supposed to be the main Vanguard but the turtoise is just in case I can't find Asura and have Azure Dragon as my VG so I can find more Azure and stand 2 rear guards. Amazingly enough I seem to only find a Kaiser about every other game. The lion heat is mainly there for the stand from Asura but he was originally used with my dancing wolf. I would attack with him boosted by Dancing wolf, then re stand dancing wolf with lion heats ability giving him 10k and then would re stand Lion heat with Asura or a stand trigger giving me a 2nd attack 20k row. Obviously it was circumstantial at best lol. But now that dancing wolf is out of the line up I suppose I really don't need him anymore.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:04 PM   #14
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

That's the incorrect mentality with these type of on-hit cards. You don't run them assuming you will always successfully get them off simply because your opponent pretty much decides if it goes.

Honestly, Black Tortoise is quite subpar being an 8000. I think it could be 9000 and not be overpowered. Just because it searches top 5 and is therefore not guaranteed to search. Plus, you are forced to run Tough Boys because it is 8000 which I feel is unnecessary to some degree in this deck. Plus, you want your Azure Dragon persona blasts to be less predictable.

I suggest you run more Kirara's in this regard as it is probably a better form of pressure and being 9000 and all. I suggest you try to take out a Claydoll Mechanic for a Shout as it is often your ideal first ride target. And also Tough Boys are best to go in favor of perfect guards as a reminder.

Dancing Wolf feels weird in this deck to many. Something which should be noted that if you stand it with a trigger or grade 3 (Asura kaiser) you can stand dancing wolf and it will gain the 3000 power, hitting 21000. This is because boosts actually occur after drive checking unlike depicted in the anime. For this reason it's a great Vanguard booster. Gives you a higher chance of 'double triggering'.

Also, Lion Heat should not be underestimated. Particularly when your opponent is at 3 damage. Although I feel as though it is quite situational in a rearguard circle which is what generally keeps me from it.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:58 PM   #15
duffman667

Deck list edited up top. Let me know what you all think.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:26 AM   #16
AsukaTenjyoin
Nyaaa~

Add more Clay Doll and remove some Shout.
Your deck seems to be CB heavy with White Tiger, Jack, Kirara and Lion Heat.
Old 06-09-2013, 03:49 AM   #17
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

If you really feel that the deck is too CB-heavy (which it's not!!). You are better off running Hungry Dumpty. Your other boosters are too important.

Shout is so important as it gives you that added consistency to compensate for the lack of advantage. And I personally would run at least 2 draw triggers.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #18
duffman667

I am going to have to do something. My deck can't seem to beat a GP deck if it's life depended on it. And the GP deck I am playing against is the Trial Deck except an added Blond Ezel and Player of the holy bow Vivian lol. I seem to have a very hard time moving from G1 to G2. I wonder if the missing element is the Perfect Guards...or if I am not playing the cards right or if NG is really that weak?
Old 06-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #19
Runescythe9852
Pojo Veteran

Runescythe9852 is on a distinguished road
Default Raizer Series Nova Grappler

removed to place in new thread

Last edited by Runescythe9852 : 06-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Runescythe9852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 PM   #20
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

@Runescythe9852

I suggest you either make your own thread on this deck or on the Nova Grappler discussion thread. Not here. This post is about the above Nova Grappler deck, not yours.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #21
Runescythe9852
Pojo Veteran

Runescythe9852 is on a distinguished road

Sorry, I thought I was making my own thread, but I guess I pressed the wrong button somewhere along the way.
Runescythe9852 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:58 PM   #22
duffman667

What do you guys think about running 10 crit 2 draw 4 heal for this deck? Or 8 Crit 4 Draw 4 Heal. Just removing stands all together and rely on Grade 3's as stand triggers? Honestly what annoys me is out of all the games I have played with this deck I have only hit a Heal Trigger one time to where it could actually heal something. I always seem to draw them or have less damage when I check them. So I have played with the idea of pulling all heal triggers for just crits and draws. But I know as soon as I pull them I will need them.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:14 PM   #23
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

I'm not so sure myself whether 10 Crit, 2 Draw, 4 Heal lineups work in Kaiser Nova Grappler builds. Maybe you could try it out and see how it goes. Tell me how it works out.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #24
duffman667

I tested it yesterday in a few "mock" games and it worked fairly well. Though I never seen any draw triggers, I hit a critical about every drive check. I will let you know how it really works at my next tournament but that won't be until July

Additional Comment:

Updated. Please don't flame lol.

Last edited by duffman667 : 06-13-2013 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-13-2013, 07:08 AM   #25
_Hydrax_
Pojo Veteran

Personally, I feel 4 Claydoll is a bit too much. Your build does not burn counterblasts at a very fast rate. I would run 2-3. But if you like 4, go ahead.

I like 4 Shouts, let's you ride it first as consistently as possible. The hand filtering is really something I feel people underestimate.

In tandem with Death Metal Droid, I feel it is better to run Tough Boys to hit 21000 with the 11000 Vanguards floating around and all.