2 Thunder King Rai-Oh
2 Soul Taker
1 Mystical Space Typhoon
2 Messenger of Peace
2 Mind Crush
2 Royal Decree
2 Soul Drain

http://i.imgur.com/D9sIDsq.png
OK, so some changes. TKRO wasn't doing anything for the main deck, so he's out and 2 Battle Faders in. Same for DDA, just isn't consistent and there's better cards. BoM out for my preferred 2x MST and 2x Lance (the only way that's changing is to 3x MST and no Lance, to go 40 cards, or +1 Avarice and stay at 41). TKRO into side, along with MoP they can slow games 2 and 3 down if needed. Ryko kept getting popped while face down, so I'm trying out 2 Ryko and 1 Jain. Jain doesn't mill as much but it's more guaranteed, beats over TKRO, synergises well with Honest and is a better Recharge target. But this may well go back to 3 Ryko and 0 Jain in time.

In extra, Giga-Brill for Roach, but I may swap that for Abyss Dweller to give me a game 1 out to Mermails (although it will be weak at 1700pts with little to no protection).

Any suggestions?

Last edited by DGuard : 04-03-2013 at 06:40 AM. Reason: updated decklist
DGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #2
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

-1 DDA (Hard to search without Sangan effectively butchering this card)

+1 Effect Veiler (Needed for the upcoming meta)
+1 Spirit Reaper (Good tech)

-2 MST (Side these)

+1 Pot of Avarice or another tech of your choice.

**You just took the side/extra from Shinhwa which looks fine, except the side is for her local meta. Probably -1 Electric Virus +1 Grand Mole.
ArmadilloZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 03:37 PM   #3
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

Cheers for the changes. I agree DDA isn't the best, but unfortunately I don't own a Spirit Reaper yet. I'm definitely open to getting one though. Veiler is too pricy at the moment, and I've never felt I've needed that extra one. If I feel I do though, I'll definitely stick it in.

Again, don't own PoA, but I've been considering it. Will probably buy one soon.

With the MST, I've found I want 2 mained. While I have 3 Lyla and 3 Ryko I sometimes mill them, or use for Recharge etc. Plus, I can't set Lyla, Ryko or Lance then activate in my opponents end phase to pop without chaining. Of course I could side them in, but I found I sided the in a lot, so why not main them? Just my personal opinion on them. It could change, they're an easy drop for space.

I'll take a look at Grand Mole. Again, don't own, but I'll test on DevPro.

Thanks for the feedback, I do appreciate, I'll test those changes online and see how they work, especially Mole, Reaper and PoA.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Yeah, but that is why MST should be sided. For a milling deck, you should have no more than 11 spells. Since you should add 2 cards because milling decks should have 42 cards and you are thinking about adding in a Pot of Avarice, you will be over that 11. Plus MST in general just slows this deck down. You want to keep drawing cards that will benefit you drawing into more cards or milling more so you can banish them and use your boss monsters.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:40 AM   #5
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

In testing I've personally found 2x MST and 2x Lance to work best. When I was just using 2x Lance there were times I needed that MST. Remember that when we mill there's a chance we will mill Lyla, and Ryko is too slow for dedicated back row removal.

But you're right that if we side it in its still in for more games than its not.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:45 AM   #6
Tazmanian Devil
King Of The Crazy!

the deck does look good but I agree u need to add Pot of Avarice to the main.

-1 Divine Dragon Apocralyph
-1 Honest
-2 Forbidden Lance

+1 Dark Resonator or Tour Bus From The Underworld
+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Book Of Moon
+1 Pot Of Avarice

Last edited by Tazmanian Devil : 02-26-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Tazmanian Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #7
superfish

I would cut the allure.
superfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:51 AM   #8
Tazmanian Devil
King Of The Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfish View Post
I would cut the allure.
cutting Allure of Darkness is not a smart move to make. the deck needs it.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:03 PM   #9
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticVampire2K4 View Post
the deck does look good but I agree u need to add Pot of Avarice to the main.

-1 Honest
-2 Forbidden Lance

+1 Dark Resonator or Tour Bus From The Underworld
+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Book Of Moon
+1 Pot Of Avarice
Honest is new, so I want to at least give it a chance. More likely than not it'll go though, to allow space. I don't see it as vital as we don't run nearly as many lights as decks like Agents and Lightsworn, but as we run a fair few (15 others in this deck, plus extra), I felt it was worth giving it a run out.

If I pick something to cut out of Lance and MST, it'll be MST (to side). Lance is just too good in this deck. Versatile, it protects our big monsters from stuff like Bottomless and Prison, while allowing us to run over big monsters. Way too good, I'm not maining any less than 2. Also, IMO, better than Book. Allows you to be more aggressive as well as defensive.

Everyone keeps saying 3 Veiler, I'll test it online. If it's working great, then I'll go for it IRL, at the moment I've got to be careful about what I buy (money wise). I can just see it being a dead draw and not always needed, 2 has always been fine for me. What I may do is side a third, and side it in against Wind-Ups, Inzektors etc.

Avarice is now definitely a card on my shopping list, I'll see what I can do to get it.

I'm also not adding a 4th TGU target. Those options aren't that great. I'm not spending the sort of money needed for Tour Bus, and I don't think Dark Resonator is all that great. I'd prefer Spirit Reaper and not care about that 4th TGU target. There's too much emphasis placed on it. So far in testing 2x TGU and 1x NA has been fine. You just go straight into TGU when you have it, or banish with Allure or dump for Pulsar. Sangan's irreplaceable, so I don't see a reason to replace it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope no one thinks I'm being stubborn by debating changes, I just like a debate. If you persuade me and I stick it and like it, then I end up being eternally grateful to that person.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
I would cut the allure.
Mind elaborating?

Last edited by DGuard : 02-26-2013 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
DGuard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:04 PM   #10
Tazmanian Devil
King Of The Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGuard View Post
Honest is new, so I want to at least give it a chance. More likely than not it'll go though, to allow space. I don't see it as vital as we don't run nearly as many lights as decks like Agents and Lightsworn, but as we run a fair few (15 others in this deck, plus extra), I felt it was worth giving it a run out.

If I pick something to cut out of Lance and MST, it'll be MST (to side). Lance is just too good in this deck. Versatile, it protects our big monsters from stuff like Bottomless and Prison, while allowing us to run over big monsters. Way too good, I'm not maining any less than 2. Also, IMO, better than Book. Allows you to be more aggressive as well as defensive.

Everyone keeps saying 3 Veiler, I'll test it online. If it's working great, then I'll go for it IRL, at the moment I've got to be careful about what I buy (money wise). I can just see it being a dead draw and not always needed, 2 has always been fine for me. What I may do is side a third, and side it in against Wind-Ups, Inzektors etc.

Avarice is now definitely a card on my shopping list, I'll see what I can do to get it.

I'm also not adding a 4th TGU target. Those options aren't that great. I'm not spending the sort of money needed for Tour Bus, and I don't think Dark Resonator is all that great. I'd prefer Spirit Reaper and not care about that 4th TGU target. There's too much emphasis placed on it. So far in testing 2x TGU and 1x NA has been fine. You just go straight into TGU when you have it, or banish with Allure or dump for Pulsar. Sangan's irreplaceable, so I don't see a reason to replace it.

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I hope no one thinks I'm being stubborn by debating changes, I just like a debate. If you persuade me and I stick it and like it, then I end up being eternally grateful to that person.

Additional Comment:

Mind elaborating?
sorry but with the new top decks you might wanna main deck MST. check out my deck in my signature for ideas. it has been testing very well.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:07 PM   #11
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
sorry but with the new top decks you might wanna main deck MST. check out my deck in my signature for ideas. it has been testing very well.
I'll take a look. At the moment I'm fine with 2x MST and 2x Lance. I know Mermails and Fire Fists are running around and need MST to help take them out. Plus I like it for general anti-backrow, sometimes you don't want to summon Lyla or set that Ryko etc.

But if one of the two had to come out, it'll still be MST, as I can side it and still have a ton of backrow hate.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:10 PM   #12
Tazmanian Devil
King Of The Crazy!

Quote:
I'll take a look. At the moment I'm fine with 2x MST and 2x Lance. I know Mermails and Fire Fists are running around and need MST to help take them out. Plus I like it for general anti-backrow, sometimes you don't want to summon Lyla or set that Ryko etc.

But if one of the two had to come out, it'll still be MST, as I can side it and still have a ton of backrow hate.
ok i would say test them but i would side one of them.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:11 PM   #13
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

That's what I've been doing. Did well at my locals last weekend. Only 2 losses over 2 days, and topped. But then I did end up playing some weird decks, although Prophecy was included in those wins. Only lost to Chain Burn (and it was close, first time playing that damn thing), and Sams (drew a bunch of **** for 2 games in a row).
Old 02-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
Tazmanian Devil
King Of The Crazy!

Quote:
That's what I've been doing. Did well at my locals last weekend. Only 2 losses over 2 days, and topped. But then I did end up playing some weird decks, although Prophecy was included in those wins. Only lost to Chain Burn (and it was close, first time playing that damn thing), and Sams (drew a bunch of **** for 2 games in a row).
i won my locals with my deck. the only difference was i had Sangan instead of Tour Bus From the Underworld. and in the side i had 1 Effect Veiler instead of the 2nd Tsukuyomi. im staying with standard over Dragonsworns which i ran last format.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Quote:
I would cut the allure.
No.

Quote:
MST should be tested at siding for now until the new meta is released. MST may have a larger impact later, but right now it is just needlessly slowing the deck down in the main. And why'd you tell him to do -1 Honest? That's a great tech in this deck.

Also don't use Tour Bus at all, it is just a dead draw if you end up getting it. The Chaos Dragons community has found it to be better with just 1 Night Assailant and 2 TGU.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:02 PM   #16
Tazmanian Devil
King Of The Crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmadilloZ View Post
No.

MST should be tested at siding for now until the new meta is released. MST may have a larger impact later, but right now it is just needlessly slowing the deck down in the main. And why'd you tell him to do -1 Honest? That's a great tech in this deck.

Also don't use Tour Bus at all, it is just a dead draw if you end up getting it. The Chaos Dragons community has found it to be better with just 1 Night Assailant and 2 TGU.
im not the only one thinking about maining MST over Forbidden Lance. Shinhwa is considering it as well.

TBU is a dead draw yes but so is Eclipse Wyvern. both are better when they are milled. the community might like having only 1 target for TGU engine but i prefer 2.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:07 PM   #17
Khellendros1

Location: Kingston Area, Ont. Decks: Chaos Dragons, SoDM Lockdown, Doom Vice

Quote:
I would cut the allure.
And I would do This to you

Regarding OP:
-1 Card Trooper
-2 MST (side)
+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Spirit Reaper
+1 Pot of Avarice
+1 Book of Moon

Last edited by Khellendros1 : 02-26-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Khellendros1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #18
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

I already stated my reasoning on Eclipse on your thread. And MST is just too slow, I don't understand the reasoning on it. If you are thinking about switching those 2, then why not just switch the 3x MST into the main if it isn't working for game 1?

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khellendros1 View Post
And I would do This to you

Regarding OP:
-1 Card Trooper
-2 MST (side)
+1 Effect Veiler
+1 Spirit Reaper
+1 Pot of Avarice
+1 Book of Moon
1) Copying Shinhwa with the pics :P
2) All of those suggestions were already made.

Last edited by ArmadilloZ : 02-26-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-26-2013, 02:21 PM   #19
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

So what are we hitting in the new meta with Veiler? Surely not Mermails (although you can hit Diva or Megalo). Is it Bear and his buddies in Fire Fists?

And blimey, Avarice goes for more than I thought, and that's just the common one from the structure deck!
Old 02-26-2013, 02:31 PM   #20
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Fire Fists, Verz, Constellar, and Prophecy which are going to be the new meta in its entirety.

Additional Comment:

Then just buy the structure deck lol.

Last edited by ArmadilloZ : 02-26-2013 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-26-2013, 02:41 PM   #21
Khellendros1

I'll Admit she inspired the idea, yes. >.>
I just got tired of reading the back and forths, the yes's and no's and added my own 2 cents
Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 PM   #22
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Vampire is giving conflicting advice. He is trying to help but then says -1 Honest? No.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:06 PM   #23
DGuard
Pojo Veteran

Far as I'm concerned at the moment Honest is a tech choice, not a staple. I wasn't convinced by it before due to space issues and not running a ton of lights (although obviously I run a lot). But lets me serious, I'm most likely to have Lightpulsar, BLS and TKRO in face up attack, plus any Light XYZs I have. Ryko is face down, Lyla is often used for popping (although I may summon in ATK for mill only if I have no Card Trooper or Ryko), and I want Eclipse to reach the grave.

So ideally that's 6 Honest targets in this deck. Plus a potential 4, but there's only 6 I really feel I want to use it on. So its usefulness depends on how often I can get those monsters on the board, and what it brings me. If it protects TKRO, that's awesome. If it lets Lightpulsar beat over something, great. If it lets BLS end the game quicker, fantastic. These are the reasons I've finally decided to test it. But beforehand I was of the opinion that while it could be great, there weren't enough targets for it, leading to it potentially being dead and that the space could be better used on other things.

So right now, I want to test with Honest, and will do so for a few weeks. But it's place isn't 100% safe in my deck. Simply put, I can see where he's coming from.
Old 02-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #24
Khellendros1

Honest is great when for a boost to run something over or prevent being run over. well, something light anyway. Oops! Ryko just killed your BLS sry >.> lol
Old 02-26-2013, 03:14 PM   #25
ArmadilloZ
Keep it Rollin'

Only 6? You mill so much that you don't think that 6 is enough? I know that Honest is a tech choice, but it is a good one if you have room for one. I have no room in my version because I have personal techs like Gale in mine, but that is my decision alone. It is run in almost all of the top decks and replacing it with Dark Resonator or TBU is just a bad choice. He is right about the + Book of Moon, Pot of Avarice and Effect Veiler though. Effect Veiler is a must at 3 in a lot of decks in this coming format because of the incoming meta: Verz, Fire Fists, Prophecies, Constellars, and Mermails. Avarice is an amazing card, need I explain more? And Book of Moon is a personal tech choice, but it is good as well to counter the meta like Ophion which is what you are going to need to be able to get over.