Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2013, 05:12 AM   #1
Solem662

Default Gold Paladin V1

Hi guys, just finished my GP deck which I have been dieing to make.

here it is;

Starter: Crimson lion Cub, Kryph

Triggers:
4 Crit: Flame of Victory
4 Crit: Silent punisher
4 Stand: Greeting Drummer
4 Heal: Elixir Sommelier

Grade 1's
4X Knight of Elegant Skills, Gareth
4X Little Battler, tron
4X Halo Shield, Mark
3X Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue

Grade 2's
4X knight of Superior Skills, Beaumains
3X Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean lion
3X Mage of Calamity, Tripp

Grade 3's
2X Incandescent Lion, Blond Ezel
3X Battlefield tempest, Sagramore
3X Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

I used what GP cards I had and put it together, gimmie your thoughts and Ideas, thanks
Solem662 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:05 AM   #2
mazoshi

Ok first off lets try helping you with your build

Triggers: - Draws for extra hand size stand not much use for this deck atm.
3 Crit: Silent punisher
5 Draw (Use 5k power ones tbh)

Grade 1's - Dagger to make destroyer 21k silver fang for extra card
2X Little Battler, tron
4X Halo Shield, Mark
2X Sleygal Dagger
1x Silver Fang Witch
2X Player of the Holy Axe, Nimue (TBH this card is not that good)

Grade 2's - there are changes you can do for this e.g Vivane
3X Sacred Guardian Beast, Nemean lion

Grade 3's - your line up here is ok but sagramore uses your cb for 1k more power where as destroyer is 12k when attacking vg no cb required

3X Gigantech Destroyer
3X Great Silver Wolf, Garmore
mazoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 07:52 AM   #3
Solem662

ok, the G1 line up is ok, I'd rather run 3 Tron because of her skill, see what I do is aim for one of the rear guard (hence the Stand triggers) to enable Tron's boost.
Sagramor is a cheap G3 for me plus i like the artwork, the gigantech looks rushed, sagramore looks like time was taken.
I know Silver Fang witch is good but I don't like the Soul-blast + draw technique...
I can use Sleygal Dagger because that would boost either beumains or Nemian lion.

my adjustments, that I would amke;
-1 SFW - 1 LBT
I'd keep my Sagramores
drop the draws for original as stand triggers give me more 10K guards, more defensive options
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #4
mazoshi

well you asked for advice in your build and then you shoot down valid changes.

Anyway reasons for not running x4 tron he is 6k booster unless its vg and you have more units than the other guy. thats why i said -2

silver fang witch she is a 5k booster but can give you a plus one even if you call her from deck by an effect or by choice and this can help you win a game but with a low soul only run 1

sleygal dagger 7k but can up his power by 2k for 1 counterblast when combined with 12k RG this makes a 21k row makeing it harder to stop this attack

Player of the holy axe - people will guard her skill if you can use it just to stop your +1 field advantage

Sagramor - yes a great grade 3 but with ezel being your main VG you need to save your counterblasts for him

Destroyer - ok not best card art but he is a 12k When attacking a vg meaning when your playing someone with a 11k vg he can hit them without support and also save you counterblasts

last but not least Stand Triggers Vs Draw

stand trigger 5k power 10k shield stand a unit (and +5k to a unit)
Ok this works well in decks like nova and will work well in future builds for gold paladins but untill break ride are in english meta not even worth running in GP other than duke and thats debaitable.

Draw trigger 5k power 5k shield draw 1 card (and 5k to unit)
so you think you loseing out as a draw only has 5k shield but you are forgetting the card you draw anything from a 5-10k shield or even a grade 3 or perfect guard this is why most players are running 4 or more draws as hand size is everything in this game.

Last edited by mazoshi : 02-16-2013 at 08:48 AM.
mazoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:18 AM   #5
Solem662

ok, just been reading over the advice (again) I may follow it, thanks again

Additional Comment:

got some advice from a mate of mine who decks at a shop for a living, he said it's a perfect deck and that he would help me play test it

Last edited by Solem662 : 02-17-2013 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-17-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
fishbass
Pojo Veteran

What about Charjgal? I generally prefer him over Tron as Charjgal can make great RG collumns as well and is better against 11k VGs when you are attacking with Garmore.

Lop Ear Shooter and Dindrane can be good techs in Garmore heavy decks too.
fishbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
DoctorPanda
Pojo Veteran

Not bad, but give these changes a thougt

Triggers:
4 Crit: Silent punisher
4 Draw: Speeder Hound

Grade 1's
2X Sleygal Dagger
4X Halo Shield, Mark
3X Listener of Truth, Dindrane
1x Charjgal

Grade 2's
4X Lop Ear Shooter

Grade 3's
2X Gigantech Destroyer
4X Great Silver Wolf, Garmore

Basically, Gigantech + Sleygal does exactly what Sagremore + Gareth does, yet Gigantech lets you hit crossrides.

Tron isn't as fantastic as once thought it was, because you need to bet on you having a full field and your opponent not having one. Late game, that might be rare. If you superior ride into Ezel, you'll lack even more cards to place on the field.

Add more Garmores because he's a champ. If you want to focus on Ezel, just use Garmore as a back up vanguard.

Dindrane works well with Lop, Garmore, and Ezel. Ezel and Lop in hopes of sacking, and Garmore for pinpoint searching.

Lop ear to spam the field more if you sack him with Ezel, or call him with Garmore if you're lacking field.

Taking out Nemain lion because again, Cross rides are taking a stroll to our format, and they're going to **** ****. Be prepared.

Sleygal dagger helps Tripp and Lop ear reach 18k at one counterblast. At the cost of two, you're hitting 20k when fighting 10k vanguards, and with Trip either your opponent drops 15k shield or you're hitting. Basically get in free damage at the cost of one counterblast, or make them drop even more shield at the cost of two.

Random tech in Charjgal if you want. Helps with Garmore plays. If not, take him out for whatever you want to tech in. Garmore adds for a lot of one of's, because he can call them from the deck. But if you're not a fan of Charjgal, you could take him out for a Dindrane, Sleygal, or whatever else you're a fan of.

Oh, and run draws. They help considering if you plan on using Kryphs effect, you'll be lacking the beaters you would usually have. Plus helps you draw into stuff you need, all that jazz.
DoctorPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
fishbass
Pojo Veteran

Wouldn't Sagramore be better than Destroyer here if there are 4 Gareths and only 2 Sleygal Daggers?
fishbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 07:30 PM   #9
DoctorPanda
Pojo Veteran

You'd think, but considering Sagramore takes up those counter blast that we use for Sleygal (Which purpose is hitting 18 with the amazing amount of 9k rear guards we have) it's not that fantastic. We're coming into a crossride format. Focusing on hitting 11k's hard isn't a priority, more of a little extra which is neat. Sagramores only perks over Destroyer is if you throw a trigger behind him, you can hit 18k. But again, I'd rather just save the counterblasts. Destroyer works just fine, only lacking in hitting 18k with triggers, but that's ok because you can just throw them behind Ezel or replace them if they're accidentally called to the field.

That, and Garmore is a thing, which means you can pinpoint search your Sleygals early as grade 3 ride if you really want to start hitting 21k with Gigantech.
DoctorPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 02:28 AM   #10
Solem662

Here is the thing, I won't be using Sagramores CB till I've finished with Limit break which will be late game