Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 09:36 PM   #1
iStroke My Fish

iStroke My Fish is on a distinguished road
Default Gustav Max OTK

Hi guys. Here's my Gustav OTK build. It's prety gnarly. I'll explain the OTK after the decklist towards the bottom. This deck is nuts. Give it a chance on DN, and throw some edits at me if you'd like.

Monsters [10]:
1x Elemental Hero Avian
1x Elemental Hero Burstinatrix
1x Elemental Hero Clayman
3x Elemental Hero Bubbleman
3x Elemental Hero Neos Alius
1x Elemental Hero Stratos

Spells [18]:
1x Dark Hole
2x E- Emergency Call
3x Fusion Gate
1x Heavy Storm
2x Miracle Fusion
1x Monster Reborn
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Nobleman of Extermination
1x Reinforcement of the Army
2x Super Polymerization
2x Terraforming

Traps [12]:
3x Chain Material
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device
1x Solemn Judgment
2x Solemn Warning
1x Starlight Road
3x Dark Bribe

Total [40]

Extra [15]:
1x Elemental Hero Absolute Zero
3x Elemental Hero Electrum
1x Elemental HERO Escuridao
3x Elemental Hero Gaia
1x Elemental HERO Great Tornado
1x Elemental HERO Nova Master
2x Elemental Hero The Shining
1x Stardust Dragon
1x Heroic Champion- Excalibur
1x Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max

I've put a lot of thought into this deck and made so if the OTK fails, i still have the e hero play style. It works very well and the OTK is supremely consistent. Here's how it works.

-You have Fusion Gate in hand and Chain Material set. Activate Fusion Gate, then either chain or activate Chain Material.
-Fusion Summon Elemental Hero Electrum by sending his materials to the banish zone.
-Activate Electrum's effect and send those banished cards back into the deck, allowing them to be used for another fusion.
-Fusion summon another Elemental Hero Electrum by sending his fusion material to the grave.
-Activate his effect again and send those banished cards back to the deck.
-XYZ summon into Superdreadnought Rail Cannon Gustav Max. Activate Gustav's effect and deal out 2000 damage to your opponent.
-Now there is Gustav max on the Field and Electrum in the grave. Fusion summon Elemental Hero Gaia by using Gustav and Electrum in grave.
-The Electrum used as material is sent to the grave and now you have a gaia on the field.
-Fusion summon another Gaia by using the Electrum in the grave and the gaia on the field.
-Fusion summon another Elemental Hero Electrum by sending his fusion materials to the banish zone.
-Activate Electrum's effect which sends all banished cards back to the deck.
-Fusion summon another Electrum, and activate his effect to send his fusion materials back to the deck.
-Overlay into Gustav Max, detach and deal out another 2000 damage.
Fusion summon into Gaia and continue the loop until victory!

I've thought about throwing in another Gustav Max into the extra deck, in case of a rogue bottomless or something of the sort. This deck is nuts. Tell me what you think of my build and whether you like it or not.

Last edited by iStroke My Fish : 11-26-2012 at 08:48 PM.
iStroke My Fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:20 PM   #2
benfrankthetank

benfrankthetank is on a distinguished road

Take out 1 burstinatrix, avian and clayman cuz Chain Material can banish the monsters from anywhere so I don't see the need for 2 of each. Then you could put in dark bribes cuz they protect Fusion Gate and Chain Material or add Gemini Spark since you run 3 alius.
Old 11-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #3
Sanwitch'd
Wow Vet

Sanwitch'd is on a distinguished road

Why do you run alius you try to ftk.
Sanwitch'd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #4
OriginalityHere
Just Got Here

OriginalityHere is on a distinguished road

I agree with Angler,take out Alius.Stratos,3rd Bubbleman,Miracle Fusion,Reinforcements of the Army,Super Polymerization,E-Call and Miracle Fusion aren't needed.You need either more stall power or Draw power to consistently OTK.Also,instead of running Compulsory and Solemn Warning,I would also endorse running more stall/draw power over them as well.

If Stall is your choice,I would suggest Cards like,

One Day of Peace
Gold Sarcophagus
Metaion,The Timelord
Swift Scarecrow

If Draw is your Choice,I would suggest cards like

Dark World Dealings
Upstart Goblin
Card Car D(this can be used in stall as well)
Cyber Valley(As can this)

However,both builds need Pot of Duality.
Hope this Helped.
OriginalityHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 02:59 AM   #5
JHendo812
Herp Derp Scoop

JHendo812 is on a distinguished road

Tech 2 Metal Reflect Slime man

"The Square Rout Of 69 Is Ate Sum"

Evilswarm
Gadgets
GB's

JHendo812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 AM   #6
Jossein
Halfway Hollow

Jossein is on a distinguished road

Upstart is good. Extra life Points is just another turn with the loop.
Originally Posted by TheWamts View Post
BUT BRIO GOES NEG AND GOYO CAN PLUS!1!!!ELEVEN!!
If you let Goyo go +11 then you're bad./joke
Jossein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:40 PM   #7
iStroke My Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by benfrankthetank View Post
Take out 1 burstinatrix, avian and clayman cuz Chain Material can banish the monsters from anywhere so I don't see the need for 2 of each. Then you could put in dark bribes cuz they protect Fusion Gate and Chain Material or add Gemini Spark since you run 3 alius.
i'll definitely try those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble_Angler View Post
Why do you run alius you try to ftk.
I run alius for a couple reasons.
1. It's a beater. It can deal some good damage to the opponents life points.
2. Gemini Spark would be a good card to throw in with the alius. I would plus off of that combo.
3. Good back line fodder. I can summon, get rid of a bottomless or solemn with ease cause people are scared ****less of Alius. Then begin the chain of fusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalityHere View Post
I agree with Angler,take out Alius.Stratos,3rd Bubbleman,Miracle Fusion,Reinforcements of the Army,Super Polymerization,E-Call and Miracle Fusion aren't needed.You need either more stall power or Draw power to consistently OTK.Also,instead of running Compulsory and Solemn Warning,I would also endorse running more stall/draw power over them as well.

If Stall is your choice,I would suggest Cards like,

One Day of Peace
Gold Sarcophagus
Metaion,The Timelord
Swift Scarecrow

If Draw is your Choice,I would suggest cards like

Dark World Dealings
Upstart Goblin
Card Car D(this can be used in stall as well)
Cyber Valley(As can this)

However,both builds need Pot of Duality.
Hope this Helped.
Well its funny cause stall isnt my choice, nor draw. I prefer to run the regular bubble beat build, but with the possibilities of the OTK lurking in the background. This deck has been doing wonders like this, i just need to figure ways to clean back rows so i dont **** my pants when someone judgments my gustav.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHendo812 View Post
Im not going for stall here. And im not a fan of metal reflect in the first place. It's a good 3000 def monster/trap, but nearly anything can wipe it off the play field. A simple mst and bye bye metal reflect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossein View Post
Upstart is good. Extra life Points is just another turn with the loop.
And again im not going for draw power. I prefer to run the regular bubble beat deck, with the OTK in the background, waiting to pounce on an unexpecting opponent.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
JHendo812
Herp Derp Scoop

Yeah they MST slime u can than play ur gates easy ... And lb 9

Evilswarm
Gadgets
GB's

Old 11-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #9
Sanwitch'd
Wow Vet

Quote:
Originally Posted by iStroke My Fish View Post
i'll definitely try those out.

I run alius for a couple reasons.
1. It's a beater. It can deal some good damage to the opponents life points.
2. Gemini Spark would be a good card to throw in with the alius. I would plus off of that combo.
3. Good back line fodder. I can summon, get rid of a bottomless or solemn with ease cause people are scared ****less of Alius. Then begin the chain of fusions.

Well its funny cause stall isnt my choice, nor draw. I prefer to run the regular bubble beat build, but with the possibilities of the OTK lurking in the background. This deck has been doing wonders like this, i just need to figure ways to clean back rows so i dont **** my pants when someone judgments my gustav.

Im not going for stall here. And im not a fan of metal reflect in the first place. It's a good 3000 def monster/trap, but nearly anything can wipe it off the play field. A simple mst and bye bye metal reflect.

And again im not going for draw power. I prefer to run the regular bubble beat deck, with the OTK in the background, waiting to pounce on an unexpecting opponent.
If your trying to run bubblebeat with OTK possibility then I think you should only run 1 of the electrum fusion materials.
Old 11-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #10
iStroke My Fish

Quote:
Yeah they MST slime u can than play ur gates easy ... And lb 9
Hm. I'll look at it and give it a test on DN. Thanks

Additional Comment:

Quote:
If your trying to run bubblebeat with OTK possibility then I think you should only run 1 of the electrum fusion materials.
Yeah i was looking at that. I think im gonna take out the 1 extra set of electrum material for some protector traps like bribe.

Last edited by iStroke My Fish : 11-26-2012 at 08:46 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-26-2012, 08:48 PM   #11
JHendo812
Herp Derp Scoop

He's the level to make Gustav lol I forget which level but he's also a stall attic until u hit that Fusion Gate etc ...

Evilswarm
Gadgets
GB's

Old 11-26-2012, 08:51 PM   #12
iStroke My Fish

Just threw in the edits. Take a look.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
He's the level to make Gustav lol I forget which level but he's also a stall attic until u hit that Fusion Gate etc ...
Gustav is a rank 10. I wouldnt use him to overlay into Gustav though. The main idea is to use both Electrums' to overlay with Gustav, so you have one in the grave when you fusion for Gaia, then you have another in the grave for another gaia fusion. Metal reflect would stop the loop cause there would be no other target unless metal reflect is a light monster?

Last edited by iStroke My Fish : 11-26-2012 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-26-2012, 09:12 PM   #13
Wazikamawata

Wazikamawata is on a distinguished road

Subbing 'cause I love this deck the whole idea of bubblebeat/gustav isn't one I considered before but will ceratinly test now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredom View Post
I'll just use Shiny Black "C" with a ****load of glitter and hope they think it's Maxx "C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Pimpson View Post
One time I Necrobump'd a thread from 2005 that was about Napoleon Dynamite lol.
Wazikamawata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:20 PM   #14
realsoupersand
I am a Stone

realsoupersand will become famous soon enough

Dunno if this was already said 'cuz I'm being lazy, but a great way to bring out Gustav Max is to play a Hieratic deck. With the right cards, luck, and proper playing, Gustav Max can be brought out turn 2 for an OTK:

Normal Eset/Special Tefnuit while having a Metal Reflect Slime set for at least one turn. Tribute Eset/Tefnuit for Su, bring out Wattail, overlay Su and Wattail for Atum. Detatch Wattail to bring out REDMD. Summon Wattail with REDMD. Bounce REDMD back to hand to summon Genex Ally Birdman. Banish Atum for REDMD. Summon Su with REDMD. Overlay Wattail and Su for Atum. Detatch Wattail to bring out Eset. Synch for 8 with Birdman and Eset. Overlay Gaia Dragon on Atum. Activate Metal Reflect Slime. Overlay REDMD and Metal Reflect Slime for Gustav Max.

I like the OTK idea you've got going. How quickly can you get all that out on average? I know Hieratic decks can bring out OTKs within the first few turns, often on the first turn if the player goes second, but I haven't tried Metal Reflect Slime and Gustav in my Hieratic build just yet, so I don't have any figures to offer you on how many turns it typically takes to OTK that way.

MTG NAYA EDH in progress

~Undying~
realsoupersand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:43 PM   #15
iStroke My Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazikamawata View Post
Subbing 'cause I love this deck the whole idea of bubblebeat/gustav isn't one I considered before but will ceratinly test now.
Haha awesome thanks. The bubble beat gustav otk combo is great. You still have the power of Bubble Beat, with the OTK lurking in the darkness. I love it cause it makes opponents crap their pants when you pull it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapsoul964 View Post
Dunno if this was already said 'cuz I'm being lazy, but a great way to bring out Gustav Max is to play a Hieratic deck. With the right cards, luck, and proper playing, Gustav Max can be brought out turn 2 for an OTK:

Normal Eset/Special Tefnuit while having a Metal Reflect Slime set for at least one turn. Tribute Eset/Tefnuit for Su, bring out Wattail, overlay Su and Wattail for Atum. Detatch Wattail to bring out REDMD. Summon Wattail with REDMD. Bounce REDMD back to hand to summon Genex Ally Birdman. Banish Atum for REDMD. Summon Su with REDMD. Overlay Wattail and Su for Atum. Detatch Wattail to bring out Eset. Synch for 8 with Birdman and Eset. Overlay Gaia Dragon on Atum. Activate Metal Reflect Slime. Overlay REDMD and Metal Reflect Slime for Gustav Max.

I like the OTK idea you've got going. How quickly can you get all that out on average? I know Hieratic decks can bring out OTKs within the first few turns, often on the first turn if the player goes second, but I haven't tried Metal Reflect Slime and Gustav in my Hieratic build just yet, so I don't have any figures to offer you on how many turns it typically takes to OTK that way.
That's a nuts hieratic combo. Im not a fan of dragons though. Never really was. I've always been a Removal Chaos, Gravekeeper, E Hero guy. I'll look into it though thanks!

This deck typically OTK's in the first couple turns. I ran this deck at my locals this past sunday and went x1 through 8 rounds. I pulled off the OTK nearly every game, and ended up pulling it off for the win in the Top 2 Duel. Give it a shot its a great deck!

Konami might emergency ban either gustav or electrum......i hope not. They're just rumors though so we'll see (:

Additional Comment:

bump to the top

Last edited by iStroke My Fish : 11-26-2012 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-26-2012, 09:54 PM   #16
Sanwitch'd
Wow Vet

Quote:
Hm. I'll look at it and give it a test on DN. Thanks

Additional Comment:

Yeah i was looking at that. I think im gonna take out the 1 extra set of electrum material for some protector traps like bribe.
I think you should add Cardcar D/ Elemental Hero Aluis instead.
Old 11-27-2012, 01:13 AM   #17
Jossein
Halfway Hollow

Jossein is on a distinguished road

Draw power for increased consistency never hurts, though. Upstart is still the best drawer in the deck IMO.
Originally Posted by TheWamts View Post
BUT BRIO GOES NEG AND GOYO CAN PLUS!1!!!ELEVEN!!
If you let Goyo go +11 then you're bad./joke
Jossein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:51 PM   #18
iStroke My Fish

Quote:
I think you should add Cardcar D/ Elemental Hero Aluis instead.
Again, im not too worried about the draw. Im just running the regular bubble beat with the OTK hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jossein View Post
Draw power for increased consistency never hurts, though. Upstart is still the best drawer in the deck IMO.
and again, not going for draw power or consistency. I just want it to be there when I have the ability to pull it off. Im not trying to make this a solely based OTK deck.

Additional Comment:

bump it up

Last edited by iStroke My Fish : 11-30-2012 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 11-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #19
Wazikamawata

Wazikamawata is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Haha awesome thanks. The bubble beat gustav otk combo is great. You still have the power of Bubble Beat, with the OTK lurking in the darkness. I love it cause it makes opponents crap their pants when you pull it off.

That's a nuts hieratic combo. Im not a fan of dragons though. Never really was. I've always been a Removal Chaos, Gravekeeper, E Hero guy. I'll look into it though thanks!

This deck typically OTK's in the first couple turns. I ran this deck at my locals this past sunday and went x1 through 8 rounds. I pulled off the OTK nearly every game, and ended up pulling it off for the win in the Top 2 Duel. Give it a shot its a great deck!

Konami might emergency ban either gustav or electrum......i hope not. They're just rumors though so we'll see (:

Additional Comment:

bump to the top
Gravekeeper's you say? You should post a deck!
Don't worry, we won't see either of these cards e-banned. The last card to get e-banned was Dark Magician of Chaos, and the last e-limit (that I can remember) was Gorz. Seeing as neither of these compare to what those cards did e-banning is almost definitely nothing more than a rumor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boredom View Post
I'll just use Shiny Black "C" with a ****load of glitter and hope they think it's Maxx "C"
Quote:
Originally Posted by OJ Pimpson View Post
One time I Necrobump'd a thread from 2005 that was about Napoleon Dynamite lol.
Wazikamawata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 08:49 PM   #20
realsoupersand
I am a Stone

Quote:

Believe it or not, for all the Hieratic "advertisement" I do (I do talk about the deck way too damn much... if you've seen any of the threads I've posted in, you'll probably see something in there about Hieratics), I actually hate playing Dragon decks. Something about Hieratics (and Lightsworns, though the only useful Dragon there is, of course, Judgment Dragon, making the deck not classifiable as a true Dragon deck) hit me in the right way, though, and I've been playing them ever since I found out how crazy the deck is. I tried Chaos Dragons and other Dragon decks in the past (mostly crappy attempts at making BEWD decks 8 or 9 years ago...), but none of those ever felt right. Hieratic decks are the only dragon decks I've enjoyed.

I consider myself a Chaos duelist (main deck for several months after I got back into the game in March was a pure Chaos deck) and I've always been a huge fan of any deck that can make Dark Paladin and Dark Magician work well (hard to find these days), so jumping onto Hieratics was... weird.

First couple turns? Not bad at all. I've been doing well with my Hieratics lately, often pulling out OTKs within the first five turns, if not on the first turn (if I go second) or on the second turn, so... hey, if you're pulling off OTKs that quickly in most games, by all means, keep doing what you're doing!

I would personally be okay with them banning Gustav, but then again, I don't run Gustav in my deck. I have a build on DN that focuses on bringing it out (using 6 level 10s... 3 Metal Reflect Slime, 2 Tragoedia, 1 REDMD), but I prefer the non-Gustav version. Still... it would be a shame for them to hit it when it's just now coming out.

Additional Comment:

bump to the top
Thoughts in green.

MTG NAYA EDH in progress

~Undying~
Old 12-01-2012, 08:49 PM   #21
iStroke My Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wazikamawata View Post
Gravekeeper's you say? You should post a deck!
Don't worry, we won't see either of these cards e-banned. The last card to get e-banned was Dark Magician of Chaos, and the last e-limit (that I can remember) was Gorz. Seeing as neither of these compare to what those cards did e-banning is almost definitely nothing more than a rumor.
Well just for you i will post up my Gravekeeper deck haha. It's won be a couple local events from time to time.
And yeah you've got a valid point. I miss DMOC.....):
Old 12-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #22
realsoupersand
I am a Stone

Quote:
Well just for you i will post up my Gravekeeper deck haha. It's won be a couple local events from time to time.
And yeah you've got a valid point. I miss DMOC.....):
I miss DMoC, too... the deck I ran before I quit 7 years ago was a weird Dark Magician-based deck with so many good cards that got banned. Fiber Jar, Harpie's Feather Duster, Graceful Charity, Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Dark Magician of Chaos, Tribe-Infecting Virus, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning...

...freaking children's card games.

I'm glad Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning came back and I completely understand why the other ones got the banhammer, but I definitely understanding missing those good old cards we used to run back in the day, back before a lot of people were focusing on tiers and meta decks and stuff like that... back when archetypes were first coming out and duels were a lot more fun and a lot less predictable, back when OTKs barely existed and back when FTKs were ridiculously hard to pull off...

MTG NAYA EDH in progress

~Undying~
Old 12-02-2012, 08:25 PM   #23
iStroke My Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by reapsoul964 View Post
I miss DMoC, too... the deck I ran before I quit 7 years ago was a weird Dark Magician-based deck with so many good cards that got banned. Fiber Jar, Harpie's Feather Duster, Graceful Charity, Pot of Greed, Raigeki, Dark Magician of Chaos, Tribe-Infecting Virus, Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning...

...freaking children's card games.

I'm glad Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning came back and I completely understand why the other ones got the banhammer, but I definitely understanding missing those good old cards we used to run back in the day, back before a lot of people were focusing on tiers and meta decks and stuff like that... back when archetypes were first coming out and duels were a lot more fun and a lot less predictable, back when OTKs barely existed and back when FTKs were ridiculously hard to pull off...
I took some time off from the game as well! 5 years to be exact. It was weird coming back 2 years ago to all the crazy stuff that was going on. It gave me a headache on first Return.

I'm just going to rue the day when all those banned cards are going to be unbanned, if they ever do get unbanned that is.....