Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2012, 03:29 AM   #1
KurashiDragon
Learning the Ropes

KurashiDragon is on a distinguished road
Default Level 6 hieratic Build: September 2012

As soon as I saw the banlist, I was very happy. So many things have gotten limited that were just way to broken. I've been using hieratics for a long time. It's my most successful deck by far simply because of that level 6 otk. When I saw metal was gone I had the strangest bitter sweet moment. I've been steering away from using the otk for the longest while now but I was so sure that it was atum that was gonna get the axe. (I guess konami really doesn't like Chaos Dragons...... which makes a little sense in that Chaos Scorcerer was limited too.) Well with the build limited to one Metal I had to do something. So I edited my deck a little bit and took to DN. It did pretty much what I thought it would. Swarm the field with some powerful xyz monsters. I'm satisfied but at the same time I want some feedback on what I can do to make this better. Anyway enough of my rambling. Let's get to it.

Now some of this stuff is the usual things to add to a hieratic deck but I'm gonna get into some of the stuff that you probably didn't expect. For one thing I LOVE the Cardcar One Day combo. 3 cards and no damage next turn, yes please. It's a very useful combo early game when I get a crap first hand and has come in handy (Forgive the pun) more times than I can count. I also cant tell you how many people call me out for using an exodia deck. (Which I love seeing every time I do that.) As for Tyrant's Temper, I'm actually fairly surprised I dont see this card more often in hieratic decks. It fits so well with them. As For Atlandis, I literally just put it in my deck after facing a dark world deck and getting obliterated because I have nothing that can match a Skill Drain and 3000 atk Grapha. When I lost the game my very first thought was, That would probably be a useful card for situations like this.

Anyway, that's it for me. Plz give me your critisism. I can take the hits.

Last edited by KurashiDragon : 08-17-2012 at 03:37 AM.
KurashiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:33 AM   #2
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

RefreshingCocaCola is on a distinguished road

Just need 1 Wattail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99939993 View Post
Stop trying to convert people to your deck, you're like a ******* Jehovah's Witness.

Last edited by RefreshingCocaCola : 08-17-2012 at 03:46 AM.
RefreshingCocaCola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:35 AM   #3
KurashiDragon
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingCocaCola View Post
Just need 1 Wattail.
True I probably do now that the level 6 combo is gone. Still I like having 3 Normal mosters cause you never know what will happen.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:41 AM   #4
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

I'm also surprised on Tyrant's Temper, but I would run Royal Decree, since Temper can be a dead draw/won't let you XYZ spam unless you have multiple monsters on the field.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurashiDragon View Post
True I probably do now that the level 6 combo is gone. Still I like having 3 Normal mosters cause you never know what will happen.
Don't you hate drawing them though? You can always recycle them once they're in the grave.

Quote:
Stop trying to convert people to your deck, you're like a ******* Jehovah's Witness.

Last edited by RefreshingCocaCola : 08-17-2012 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 AM   #5
ShadDrakna

ShadDrakna is on a distinguished road

What was the level 6 combo? ._.
ShadDrakna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:08 AM   #6
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadDrakna View Post
Summon Eset > Trib for Su > SS Lvl 6 Normal > Overlay for Atum > SS lvl 6 Hieratic > Trib summon for Su > SS Lvl 6 Normal > Overlay for Atum > SS Red-eyes > Bring out any dragon you want > Overlay both Atums for Gaia. There's more combos to it, this is just an example.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2012, 04:13 AM   #7
KurashiDragon
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
have 3 level 6 dragons on the field, xyz 2 of them for atum, use atum to summon REDMD, summon another level 6 from hand/grave, xyz for another atum, get another metal out, xyz the metals for Gustaph, and summon 2 gaia Dragon's using the atums. Profit.

edit: ninja'd

@RefreshingCocaCola

I've considered Royal Decree on more than one occasion however, one thing I really love about temper is that it still allows me to get a monster out with Call Of The Haunted and if call get's destroyed, my monster wont get destroyed. Also I literally cant think of a time when Temper was a bad draw except when I have a TERRIBLE hand.

Last edited by KurashiDragon : 08-17-2012 at 04:15 AM.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:16 AM   #8
ShadDrakna

ShadDrakna is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RefreshingCocaCola View Post
Summon Eset > Trib for Su > SS Lvl 6 Normal > Overlay for Atum > SS lvl 6 Hieratic > Trib summon for Su > SS Lvl 6 Normal > Overlay for Atum > SS Red-eyes > Bring out any dragon you want > Overlay both Atums for Gaia. There's more combos to it, this is just an example.
Why is it gone now though? I mean, I'm pretty sure none of those cards are banned ._.
ShadDrakna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 04:17 AM   #9
KurashiDragon
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Why is it gone now though? I mean, I'm pretty sure none of those cards are banned ._.
REDMD has been limited in the new format. You need 2 in order to do the otk.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:14 AM   #10
dart779
Pojo Veteran

dart779 is on a distinguished road

Wondering, what about going for a Level 5 + 6 build? Exchange 1 Watt for Curse and add 3 Neb. Do you find good playing without Gorz or Trag defending you after using Cardcar D? O_o
dart779 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:15 AM   #11
RawrMeCookie
Killua Zoldyck

RawrMeCookie is on a distinguished road

You only need 1 Wattail.

RawrMeCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 05:19 AM   #12
RefreshingCocaCola
Hieratic Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart779 View Post
Wondering, what about going for a Level 5 + 6 build? Exchange 1 Watt for Curse and add 3 Neb. Do you find good playing without Gorz or Trag defending you after using Cardcar D? O_o
Pure level 6 is better than 5+6. If anything, you'd run 2 instant fusions, and just Instant Fusion whenever you have Eset/Neb out. Trag's pretty good in the future for Gustaph plays.

Quote:
Old 08-17-2012, 12:45 PM   #13
KurashiDragon
Learning the Ropes

Quote:
Originally Posted by dart779 View Post
I've tried running Gorz and trag at one point and while they were good cards at the time I couldn't help but feel they gave me consistency issues. That's the reason why I dont go for a 5+6 hieratic. It has a lot of consistency and I feel I'll ruin that by putting Neb in there.