Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG "Advanced" Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 05:29 AM   #1
jtm94
Pojo Veteran

Default Any Help for a Friendly Frog Player? Just Don't Get Lanced in the Eye

I need some help.
I'm uber new to frogs, but I like what they're about and when I saw them I was like... I'm gonna run that.

They are also cheap

So here's my list. There's a lot of room for error.

Monsters:28

3 Battle Fader
3 Dupe Frog
2 Ronintoadin (could run 1 of these guys if you prefer)
3 Swap Frog
2 [ygocard]Poison Draw Frog (can drop for another Treeborn Frog, some don't like this guy)
1 Treeborn Frog
1 Gorz
2 Light and Darkness Dragon
2 Mother Grizzly
2 Sea Lancer (can change quanity with caius if you prefer one or the other)
2 Caius
2 DDS
2 Trag
1 Obelisk

Spells:12
2 Creature Swap(I love trolling my opponents monsters)
3 Enemy Controller(3 seemed too much because I don't always have a way to tribute the monster I take)
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 Salvage
2 mst

Extra:
3 Gachi
2 Shining Elf
1 Dark Dust Spirit
1/2 Daigusto Phoenix if you can afford it
+ a Rank 5 or two if you want the option

Last edited by jtm94 : 04-19-2013 at 02:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
jtm94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #2
Kaien
Berserk Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtm94 View Post
I need some help.
I'm uber new to frogs, but I like what they're about and when I saw them I was like... I'm gonna run that.

They are also cheap

So here's my list. There's a lot of room for error.

Monsters:
1 Aqua Spirit(I like it's ss ability, probably not a good card ever)
3 Battle Fader
3 Caius(I may have to run Caius and 2 Mobius til I get the others)
3 Dupe Frog
3 Ronintoadin
3 Swap Frog
1 Poison Draw Frog(Any more and it kills me to draw it)
1 Treeborn Frog
1 Gorz
2 Light and Darkness Dragon
2 Mother Grizzly(could probably replace one with a better card?)

1 Obelisk or swap out for a 2 trib or other 3 trib depending

Spells:
3 Creature Swap(I love trolling my opponents monsters)
2 Enemy Controller(3 seemed too much because I don't always have a way to tribute the monster I take)
1 Heavy Storm
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
2 Salvage (Should this go to 3 and rid a Mother Grizzly??)
2 Shrink(Just for lack of a better card. I want forbidden lances, but that isn't in my budget)

Traps:
1 Treacherous Trap Hole

So how's this looking?? Should I run Tragoedia in here? Or is Gorz and 3 Faders good?

I appreciate the criticism. I'm also cheap. This will never come near a ycs.

Additional Comment:

Bump.
I really wanna try Supremacy sun in this.

Additional Comment:

Bump, bump.
-1 Creature Swap (if your going to run it I found 2 to be the magic number, keep in mind it doesn't work very well if they have multiple monsters so you can't get the one you want)
+1 Enemy Controller (with treeborn this should be live anytime, it also helps get over stuff if necessary)
Salvage at 2 is fine, 3 is overkill, 1 is not enough.

For the monster line-up I'd
-1 Aqua Spirit
-1/2 Mother Grizzly (big chance this won't get destroyed in battle)
+2/3 Effect Veiler (a staple right now with ignition prio gone)

Also you need to add Sea Lancer to the list don't you, I'm not seeing it.

Kaien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 03:01 PM   #3
jtm94
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
-1 Creature Swap (if your going to run it I found 2 to be the magic number, keep in mind it doesn't work very well if they have multiple monsters so you can't get the one you want)
+1 Enemy Controller (with treeborn this should be live anytime, it also helps get over stuff if necessary)
Salvage at 2 is fine, 3 is overkill, 1 is not enough.

For the monster line-up I'd
-1 Aqua Spirit
-1/2 Mother Grizzly (big chance this won't get destroyed in battle)
+2/3 Effect Veiler (a staple right now with ignition prio gone)

Also you need to add Sea Lancer to the list don't you, I'm not seeing it.
Of course! Forgot Sea Lancer because I threw the list up last night to get input.

Alright, I will likely reduce grizzly to one, make the change with Creature Swap and Enemy Controller, take out Aqua Spirit, and try to get a hold of veiler. I don't know what it's price is at right now.

Thanks!!!!!!!

Additional Comment:

I changed it to 2 Trag in place of the veilers, not gonna get those at the moment.

Last edited by jtm94 : 04-30-2012 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-30-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
13DaK
Mystified

Supremacy Sun or Obelisk the Tormentor. Just for ****s and giggles. You could also do with more Poison Draw Frog... You said you hate drawing it but Swap Frog to discard it should alleviate that problem. Personally I don't like Mother Grizzly.... but I guess you can justify it. Consider, for the side deck, Jinzo and Vanity's Fiend. Soul Exchange is a good card to side too, in case a fellow frog player hits you with Vanity's Fiend.
"The hand is the visible part of the mind."
Official Penguin Guide/Discussion - March of the Penguins
13DaK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
jtm94
Pojo Veteran

I think Soul Exchange could be uber useful in pulling out the 3 tribute monster, aka, Obelisk. Not attacking is fine if you get a good card out.

I think I wanna try for a Vanity's Fiend, if I can clear monsters out and have him hit the field it shuts down a lot, or The End of Anubis.

I want a Jinzo to try, but I don't think it will work out all that great.

I may try Poison Draw Frog at 2, but I rarely see that being ran, and I kind of agree. We may see.

Are there any strong water monsters to discard via Swap Frog and to reborn with LaDD's effect?

Additional Comment:

I'm thinking I kinda want to try a White Night Dragon.
high atk, decent protection, the protecting of other monsters is mediocre, but it being a water makes it able to be discarded for Swap Frog if need be and it gives a good ss target for LaDD when it dies, depending on the situation of course.

Additional Comment:

Bump. Bump. Bump.

Additional Comment:

What about XYS other than gachi?
Throw a dark mist in?

What about any other useful 5, 6 or 8's? Trag's could pull them off in a pinch, need be.

Additional Comment:

Bumpity bumpbump

Additional Comment:

Right Now I am considering making my side deck just a trap turbo version.
3 spiritual water art
2 Mind Crush
3 Moray of Greed
2 Soul Exchange
-2 Caius
+2 Mobius (extra moray targets)

If it's no good so be it, but trap dust shoot was a great card that a lot of people tech'd in, and in here it is really easy to set a water art off and it's more powerful because it can send anything to the grave, doesn't discard, and doesn't need the opponent to have a set # of cards.
Mind Crush is just the icing on the cake.

I always see people want to use Oh F!sh!, but everyone says if you're gonna use traps, use the staples that work well in all decks. Well here we have 3 cards that essentially have a better effect than a banned card and the cost is very weak.
I chose to sacrifice the 2 caius not because mobius is better, but he adds consistency to Moray of Greed, and moray can also rid your hand of the dead frogs you don't need at the time.
First turn water art + Mind Crush could be devastating.

I just need to test on DN.

I used to think that discarding one card or ridding it wasn't that useful, but knowing your opponents hand is a huge plus, and that one card could be detrimental. Right before dustshoot got banned, I mained 2 in my gigavise deck and I didn't think it would do much, but against my friend's machina/Geartown deck if I dropped it first turn I could send peacekeeper or fortress back to the deck and he would get heated.
For dark world my friend often has luck of drawing really bad hands and will literately have no plays for up to 3 turns, he gets excited, I activate dustshoot and send snoww back to the deck.

Water Art sends to grave, but it still ruins a play in a similar fashion.

Additional Comment:

It's testing pretty well.
I think I only lost once to my friends on DN due to me never drawing into swap the whole game.
I love this deck because if you don't run it, you don't know exactly how to counter it.
My best match up was with Dark World and LaDD shat on it to say the least. He had no monsters to summon and only magics/traps and ran through them all and got LaDD down to as low as it could go, he just used Morphing Jar the turn prior too.
He tried to beat me with dark smog and remove everything from play, but I dropped lancer and sat on it for a few turns, unphased.

I love how fast Creature Swap and Enemy Controller become live. It punishes the opponent for pulling out heavy hitters. I kind of think this deck should run a Lightning Vortex, take their monster, destroy all, attack directly for game. I may side one in against dragons to clear a path through their wall of monsters.

Last edited by jtm94 : 05-02-2012 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
RyderSilver
Pojo Veteran

well your friend sounds pretty bad if he does nothing for a few turns and then lets you know when has a good hand. Dark worlds have always been one of the hardest matchups due to the fact theyre fast, they can otk you quickly, Deck Devastation Virus (ive had people reduce me to two cards first turn), and dragged down. when they first turn dragged down the one card you absolutely need, its going to be a while before you can recover. when they get rid of that swap, that caius or tribute monsters to make use of your monsters, it hurts.
also if Sea Lancer was freaking a sea serpent, we could abuse the hellll out of slushy. why is it a beast warrior? come on!

Additional Comment:

btw dark mist is good in lancer/ builds with 3 ronin, sometimes its the only out.

Last edited by RyderSilver : 01-12-2013 at 12:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
RyderSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 07:42 AM   #7
DarkAngel1984

Two treeborn max out on fader n due to fire fist I'd rain two mobuis said caius since ur dumpin frog fast I ran gorz or trag that me depends on ur play style I dnt like Mother Grizzly due to u have to attack spam Ladd so I'd up to three n two Ronintoadin unless u max out more target cuz with three u might have dead toads that my opinion but whatever works best for u.n ur area good look with the deck hope u have success
Old 02-25-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
-Noah-
~Thy Ruler~

side the MST's for space. That will help quite a bit.

Additional Comment:

and Inferno Reckless Summon is your best friend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNYPE View Post
I personally think Incarnates are pretty terrible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastamancer View Post
Ugh, please don't use the term "chirping". Every time you do, a mother drowns her baby.

Last edited by -Noah- : 02-25-2013 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
-Noah- is offline   Reply With Quote