Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Yu-Gi-Oh! > Yu-Gi-Oh TCG Strategies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 02:16 AM   #26
Aflycted
Lord of Inzektors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daledo View Post
So I recently got an ultra Irou and it looks SO COOL!!!!Anyway right now Im siding it, I just want peoples thoughts on maining it, has anyone tested it and if so was it useful?
Yes. It is great. I played a couple duels on DN with my build just to test it. I found myself looking for Irou all the time.

It's safer than running into a Morphing Jar, Ryko, etc.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:30 AM   #27
Daledo

ok thanks, Ill test it myself and see how it gos
Daledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 05:41 AM   #28
blood_hawk
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHOOTING STAR NEOS View Post
I think I just missed him cause he's there now
Well ninja add to extra what about Maestroke could be a spot there in the basic build?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:27 AM   #29
LinkMaster
♥ Mugi

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekki View Post
Secretly subbing!*
Maining this deck when the structure comes out
You know, you can sub without posting if you want to secretly sub...
Old 04-30-2012, 07:25 AM   #30
Devkun
Smack Down

Testing shark drake.. i feel its pretty decent
Devkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:30 AM   #31
Phantom Ghost

Late sub everyone
Phantom Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:44 AM   #32
delpos
Bon Voyage?

Chicago is the second YCS of the format Samurai has not topped (Toulouse being the first). 3/5 so far.

Breakdown: 9 Rabbit, 9 Dragon, 8 Inzektor, 2 HERO, 2 Wind-Up, 1 Gravekeeper, 1 Chain Burn.
delpos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:55 AM   #33
ViCious
The Darkest Knight

Subbing again, just to lurk some more...

One day I'll post something productive.
ViCious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:28 AM   #34
Daledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devkun View Post
Testing shark drake.. i feel its pretty decent
Its looks ok but when shock master comes out I think that'll be a better use of three monsters
Daledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #35
darkkell

Won my local with my sams deck,it feels so good because i really love playing six sams.Here's a small tournament report i made from my match ups.

First Match-Gusto(did not know this deck or it's monsters existed)
R1-He goes nuts first turn bringing out formula and stardust,a few turns later it's all over.(i thought too myself,this must be some sort of quickdraw synchro deck)
R2-My turn to give him a taste of his own medicine,shien and bakion with heavy back row is too much for him to handle.(started to notice the large number of wind type he was playing and the gusto effects monsters,had sided in rivalry and was a bit worried)
R3-He sets a monster and a spell/trap then ends.i mst his torrential bring out shien and kills his level eater set back row and ends.he draws i flip rivalry he looks despondent,he plays defensive and next turn i add grand-M with shien and keep beating him down for game.(after i ask him if he draw-ed badly, he replied ''no i just could not make any plays with rivalry")

Second Match-Anti meta(i play a lot of back row hate so this deck is not so hard most of the time)
R1-He goes first and ends his turn with no plays.(i smell gorz in the air)My turn i bring out beast set 3 back row and end.He repeats his move,now i know he has that gorz.I use dest make shien and attack with beast,he takes it and waits for the attack from shien which never comes,i end.He Does nothing for a third and final time,By now my field is strong enough too handle gorz when he finally do drop him.
R2-He summon thunder king, set heavy back row and end.I set heavy back row and end,his monster hits me for 1900.I started to special summon sams to the field he torrential i reponded with Starlight Road.Our heavy back row hate keeps us from having a monster on the field for any longer than a turn or two.It soon comes down to us top decking and me attacking him with just spirit,when he killed spirit with his thunder king on my turn i active dest for game.

Third Match-Dark worlds(i really hate the mechanics of this deck)
R1-Not much to say i put up a good fight,before he wipes my life points clean.I was on 400 lp he was on 3300 lp,Grapha dragon lord of dark world my warrior and i shall not bow to you.
R2-All i can say is beast and shadow imprisoning mirror kills this deck dead,when ever he was able to get of rid one the other was a torn in his side.I controlled the field and just played aggressive for game.
R3-Wash rinse and repeat for game and match.

Forth Match-Dino rabbits(this was my only lost in the tournament)
R1-He summons a Jurrac Guaiba sets heavy back row and ends.I open 2 united 1 grand-m 1 asceticism 1 judgement and draw-ed into Fiendish Chain,i set 2 back row and end.He attacks for 1700 set another spell/trap and ends.I draw-ed Monster Reborn and ended my turn.He summon Sabersaurus, attack with it for 1900 and i use Fiendish Chain on guaiba.He then exceeded into utopia and end his turn.I draw-ed my 1 magatama in my deck(sigh),next turn his bunny came out to play.
R2-Open 1 kageki 1 kagemusha 1 enishi 1 Pot of Duality 1 mst draw-ed into Mind Control(i have got to say this is not the type of hand i was expecting to pull to make a come back),i throw-ed caution to the wind and summoned kageki and active his effect.I ask my opponent too show me the veiler,but his Maxx "C" said hi instead netting him a plus 1.I made shien set 3 back row and end my turn.I won't go into details but one and two turns later of bunny into
dolkka, tourguide into leviair plays and my faith was sealed.(where the hell are my rivalry and effect veilers)

TOP4-Hero beat(wtf, i hate this deck even more than dark worlds)
R1-He summons neos sets heavy back row and end his turn.I can go for shien but that play won't see the light of day,so i set a heavy back-row as well and end my turn.He plays E call selects stratos then summon him,i used s-warning to stop his monster.He attacks with neos and ends his turn.My turn i special elder play asceticism for musha go for beast,he chains super poly(broke ass card)on my monster for Elemental Hero Gaia.My starlight-r responded with "god?" looked too my s-judgement to whom he replied "now ain't dat a b****!"
R2-Open broke with gateway shenanigans shien enishi grand-m heavy back-row two turns later he scooped,i guess he wanted to see if he could make some sort of come back.
R3-This was a long drawn out dual with us playing tit for tat,it came down to him playing darkhole on my shien i negate.He uses Miracle Fusion brings the shining kills shien ends his turn with set card.He's on 400 lp i'am on 2000 lp,we are top decking(the death sentence of sams).I draw-ed gateway(our super poly yay...nooo),i played it flip my one set card dest returned shien and musha pump shien to 3000 and attack for game.(this was by far my hardest match up in the tournament,i don'nt considered the dino rabbit because that match was the only time my deck just refuse to function as i know it could)

Finals Match-Turbo exodia(Before we begin he sees me writing on my note pad the lp score he laughs and says"you ain't going to need to write down lp",i paused and thought too my self is this guy playing some kind of ftk/otk deck?We rolled the dice i ended up going first,the one and only time in the tournament.
R1-My deck mojo has returned and i brought out the only monster that i knew could stop or hinder those sort of deck,the mighty beast.(his jaw drop
and i knew i had game one)I set a heavy back row and ended.His turn he plays up to 3 spell card,i negate them all he scoops.(i sided in veilers)
R2-He jumps out of his seat yelling and screaming "EXODIA!"(almost giving me a heart attack in the process,i should mention this guy is pretty big so it's was scarey for a second.It took a little while to get back to the game with all the fanfare happening all around us,man what are the odds of someone drawing on their first turn the 5 exodia pieces?really can anyone do the maths?
R3-Well my deck is still flowing with mojo,can anyone say beast for the win?!

Got four turbo packs,pulled crap.Anyway i always try and take note on my deck performance and correct any misplay i might have made after the end of the match and learn from them.I will have to tweak my side a little for one attribute type decks,but all in all the deck flowed well.Still a little upset about dino rabbit match up.(he lost to the guy playing the turbo exodia in top 4)I have been working on and testing this deck out for a few months now,it's not a build you can just pick up and play off the bat and win with,you will have to develop a feel for the deck.Ok i think i'am starting to ramble on a bit,it's 2:00am and my bed is calling me,So guys i will post this a little later today...zeeee(long live the six)

Last edited by darkkell : 05-01-2012 at 03:06 AM.
darkkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 AM   #36
Wslasher
Pojo Veteran

Just taking a survey guys:

How much do you pay for your local tournament, what consolation do you get when you enter, & what are your prizes?
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM   #37
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkkell View Post
Won my local with my sams deck,it feels so good because i really love play six sams.Here's a small tournament report i made from my match ups.

First Match-Gusto(did not know this deck or monsters existed)
R1-He goes nuts first turn bringing out formula and stardust,a few turns later it's all over.(i thought too myself,this must be some sort of quickdraw synchro deck)
R2-My turn to give him a taste of his own medicine,shien and bakion with heavy back row is too much for him to handle.(started to notice the large number of wind type he was play and the gusto effects monsters,had sided in rivalry and was a bit worried)
R3-He sets monsters and a spell/trap then ends.i mst his torrential bring out shien and kills his Level Eater set back row and ends.he draws i flip rivalry he looks despondent,he plays defensive and next turn i add grand-M with shien and keep beating him down for game.(after i ask him if he draw-ed badly, he replied ''no i just could not make any plays with rivalry")

Second Match-Anti meta(i play a lot of back row hate so this deck is not so hard most of the time)
R1-He goes first and ends his turn with no plays.(i smell gorz in the air)My turn i bring beast set 3 back row and end.He repeats his move,now i know he has that gorz.I use dest make shien and attack with beast,he takes it and waits for the attack from shien which never comes,i end.He Does nothing for a third and final time,By now my field is strong enough too handle gorz when he finally do drop him.
R2-He summon thunder king, set heavy back row and end.I set heavy back row and end,his monster hits me for 1900.I start to special sams to the field he torrential i reponded with Starlight Road.Our heavy back row hate keep the other from keeping a monster on the field for any longer than a turn or two.It comes down us top decking and me attacking with just spirit,when he killed spirit with his thunder king on my turn i active dest for game.

Third Match-Dark worlds(i really hate the mechanics of this deck)
R1-Not much to say i put up a good fight,before he wipes my life points clean.I was on 400 lp he was on 3300 lp,Grapha dragon lord of dark world my warrior and i shall not bow to you.
R2-All i can say is beast and shadow imprisoning mirror kills this deck dead,when ever he was able to get of rid one the other was a torn in his side.I controlled the field and just played aggressive for game.
R3-Wash rinse and repeat for game and match.

Forth Match-Dino rabbits(this was my only lost in the tournament)
R1-He summons a Jurrac Guaiba sets heavy back row and ends.I open 2 united 1 grand-m 1 asceticism 1 judgement and draw-ed into Fiendish Chain,i set 2 back row and end.He attacks for 1700 set another spell/trap and ends.I draw-ed Monster Reborn and ended my turn.He summon Sabersaurus, attack with it for 1900 and i use Fiendish Chain on guaiba.He then exceeded into utopia and end his turn.I draw-ed my 1 magatama in my deck(sigh),next turn his bunny came out to play.
R2-Open 1 kageki 1 kagemusha 1 enishi 1 Pot of Duality 1 mst draw-ed into Mind Control(i have got to say this is not the type of hand i was expecting to pull to make a come back),i throw-ed caution to the wind and summoned kageki and active his effect.I ask my opponent too show me the veiler,but his Maxx "C" said hi instead netting him a plus 1.I made shien set 3 back row and end my turn.I won't go into details but one and two turns later of bunny into
dolkka, tourguide into leviair plays and my faith was sealed.(where the hell are my rivalry and effect veilers)

TOP4-Hero beat(wtf, i hate this deck even more than dark worlds)
R1-He summons neos sets heavy back row and end his turn.I can go for shien but that play won't see the light of day,so i set a heavy back-row as well and end my turn.He plays E call selects stratos then summon him,i used s-warning to stop his monster.He attacks with neos and ends his turn.My turn i special elder play asceticism for musha go for beast,he chains super poly(broke ass card)on my monster for Elemental Hero Gaia.My starlight-r responded with "god?" looked too my s-judgement whom replied "now ain't dat a *****!"
R2-Open broke with gateway shenanigans shien enishi grand-m heavy back-row two turns later he scooped,i guess he wanted to see if he could make some sort of come back.
R3-This was a long drawn out dual with us playing tit for tat,it came down to him playing darkhole on my shien i negate.He uses Miracle Fusion brings the shining kills shien ends turn with set card.He's on 400 lp i'am on 2000 lp,we are top decking(the death sentence of sams).I draw-ed gateway(our super poly yay...nooo),i played it flip my one set card dest returned shien and musha pump shien to 3000 and attack for game.(this was by far my hardest match up in the tournament,i don'nt considered the dino rabbit because that match was the only time my deck just refuse to function as i know it could)

Finals Match-Turbo exodia(Before we begin he sees me writing on my note pad the lp score he laughs and says"you ain't going to need to write down lp",i paused and thought too my self is this guy playing some kind of ftk/otk deck?We rolled the dice i ended up going first,the one and only time in the tournament.
R1-My deck mojo has returned and i brought out the only monster that i knew could stop or hinder those sort of deck,the mighty beast.(his jaw drop
and i knew i had game one)I set a heavy back row and ended.His turn he plays up to 3 spell card,i negate them all he scoops.(i sided in veilers)
R2-He jumps out of his seat yelling and screaming "EXODIA!"(almost giving me a heart attack in the process,i should mention this guy is pretty big so it's was scarey for a second.It took a little while to get back to the game with all the fanfare happening,man what are the odds of someone drawing first turn the exodia pieces?really can anyone do the maths?
R3-Well my deck is still flowing with mojo,can anyone say beast for the win?!

Got four turbo packs,pulled crap.Anyway i always try and take note on my deck performance and correct misplay after the end of the match and learn from them.I will have tweak my side a little for one attribute type decks,but all in all the deck flowed well.Still a little upset about dino rabbit match up.(he lost too the guy playing the turbo exodia in top 4)I have been working and testing this deck out for a few months now,it not a build you can just grab up and play off the bat and win with,you have to develop a feel for it.Ok i think i'am starting to ramble on a bit,it's 2:00am and my bed is call me,So guys i will post this a little later...zeeee(long live the six)
I've had someone go first turn exodia on like five times in all the years I've been playing so it happens it's just rare lol
SHOOTING STAR NEOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 AM   #38
Devkun
Smack Down

The local I go to costs 6.00 USD the other two shops charge 8.00

You are guaranteed a turbo pack for entering. Top 16 gets another pack of their choice. Top 8 gets 10 dollars store credit, Top 4 15 store credit, 1rst place gets 25.00 store credit..

Also I'm testing out the trap card Breakthrough! I like it a lot lol
Old 04-30-2012, 10:20 AM   #39
White Oni
Pojo Veteran

Disregard. look at my next post to see what I should have put here

Last edited by White Oni : 04-30-2012 at 01:25 PM.
White Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #40
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

It's 5 at my local and 1st place gets a turbo pack
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #41
IceCreamFairy
Pojo Veteran

TT has been bothering me lately. I want to play My Body as a Shield, but the LP is too dangerous. Magatami is too slow. Can anyone else think of any good protection cards? Keep in mind, I already play 3 MST.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:35 AM   #42
Devkun
Smack Down

a single turbo pack.. wtf
Old 04-30-2012, 10:54 AM   #43
Matthaios
Pojo Veteran

Well I've found a build that really suits my play style. I've won the past 3 locals with this build of 45+ people, if not made top 2. I can say that Chaos Dragons have nothing on this. If I go first, I usually win, if I go 2nd, well I have a good chance. Though, I am open to suggestions, any and all are appreciated.

http://imgur.com/FaNFv

Any questions to why I run certain cards are welcome as well. My favorite thing to see, is the deck go first turn Beast, Barkion, Landoise, watch the opponent rage, and call you a stacker(sore losers.) Do they know this is what Samurai are made for?

Last edited by Matthaios : 04-30-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Matthaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM   #44
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamFairy View Post
TT has been bothering me lately. I want to play My Body as a Shield, but the LP is too dangerous. Magatami is too slow. Can anyone else think of any good protection cards? Keep in mind, I already play 3 MST.
Starlight Road Trap Stun royal decree
Old 04-30-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
White Oni
Pojo Veteran

I forgot to mention that every partisipant receives a turbo pack

So that's 5 USD to enter
1st gets 18 store cred
2nd gets 15 store cred
3rd & 4the get 8 store cred.
Everyone gets one turbo pack.

Last edited by White Oni : 04-30-2012 at 01:30 PM.
White Oni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:47 PM   #46
tigerchitpile

yo i heard that the new xyz is going to be a rank 3 that once per turn u can remove a material special summon a level 4 or lower six samurai from ur field deck or graveyard. anyone else hear this? theres probably no validity to this as i dont see anything online and i really didnt want to start the guessing of the new xyzs effect again, so please dont
tigerchitpile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:51 PM   #47
Matthaios
Pojo Veteran

I haven't heard of the effect yet, if it has been released. If it had then I'm sure someone on this thread would have posted it already.
Matthaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:54 PM   #48
blood_hawk
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCreamFairy View Post
Magatama still works i run only one, are you run too Heavy??
Old 04-30-2012, 02:30 PM   #49
SHOOTING STAR NEOS
Pojo Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerchitpile View Post
yo i heard that the new xyz is going to be a rank 3 that once per turn u can remove a material special summon a level 4 or lower six samurai from ur field deck or graveyard. anyone else hear this? theres probably no validity to this as i dont see anything online and i really didnt want to start the guessing of the new xyzs effect again, so please dont
that's just rumors and create a card
Old 04-30-2012, 03:13 PM   #50
Dragonic
Archfiends ^^

Fallen in love with the Six Sams all over again after a couple of months away from them.

http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=1045482

All help appreciated

[Archfiends!]
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Decks currently running:
Six Samurai
Sylvan
Archfiend
Toons (An old favourite, for fun)

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Bengal Fan For Life

Last edited by Dragonic : 04-30-2012 at 03:36 PM.
Dragonic is offline   Reply With Quote