Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Naruto > Naruto Anime & Manga Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #501
Xssj2GohanX
Super Mod

Xssj2GohanX will become famous soon enough

The fight continued in this chapter, with some teamwork between itachi and sasuke. It was neat seeing the parallel from the arrows and kunai tandem to capture the wild boar, and the susanoo arrow and susanoo shuriken. Other than that, not much happened in the chapter. Kabuto shows some more of his sage arts, and they were impressive. What worked out for him is that the physical traits he gained from Juugo and shuigetsu assist in improving his sage techniques that he learned. For example, liquefying his body to negate the effects of sound, and his snake transplants helping him to see through the bright light.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #502
Starshipw

Starshipw is on a distinguished road

Especially for Blackdragonking, a 100% Uchiha chapter, complete with chibi-Sasuke.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #503
UNTOUCHABLE/DADE
Pojo Veteran

UNTOUCHABLE/DADE is on a distinguished road

Itachi got stabbed on purpose to try to put Kabuto in gen-jutsu... using his edo advantage to it's fullest...

And I am alos thinking, what if that horn that itachi cut off, can grow a new Kabuto.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #504
Thekahnartist1
rEVOLution

Thekahnartist1 is on a distinguished road

that would actually be awesome, maybe Kabuto is aware of this and that's why he is so unfazed by part of his anatomy being sliced off.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #505
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic

BlackDragonKing is on a distinguished road

Chapter read.

What, Itachi easily counter-acts Kabuto's cool new ability and demonstrates another hitherto-unhinted at superpower to continue looking untouchable even when he doesn't need to be?

I think I left my surprised face somewhere else.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #506
Perentie Fan
Pojo Veteran

Perentie Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
Chapter read.

What, Itachi easily counter-acts Kabuto's cool new ability and demonstrates another hitherto-unhinted at superpower to continue looking untouchable even when he doesn't need to be?

I think I left my surprised face somewhere else.
What unhinted-at superpower? We saw the whole "crow illusion" thing many times in the past. We also find that it seems it was Nagato who informed Itachi of Kabuto's whereabouts, that Itachi lacked the ability to locate Kabuto himself.

I did like Kabuto's remark indicating that he only got cut by Itachi because he normally doesn't have horns (i.e. he dodged the sword slash but didn't take into account the horns on his head).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romancer
If the deck doesn't have the capacity to win, then the deck cannot be fun
Pokemon XY friend code is 1693 1529 1852 and the name is Ryu. PM me if you have beaten the elite 4 and are interested. My friend zone offers Tangela, Quilladin and Ivysaur!

Last edited by Perentie Fan : 03-29-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #507
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perentie Fan View Post
What unhinted-at superpower? We saw the whole "crow illusion" thing many times in the past. We also find that it seems it was Nagato who informed Itachi of Kabuto's whereabouts, that Itachi lacked the ability to locate Kabuto himself.

I did like Kabuto's remark indicating that he only got cut by Itachi because he normally doesn't have horns (i.e. he dodged the sword slash but didn't take into account the horns on his head).
The unhinted-at superpower to detect Kabuto's movements while blind and deaf because he defeated Nagato and apparently can use his tracking ability now.

What, was the Sword of Totsaka not broken enough when it became clear that any ninja that can be wounded with it is not a threat to Itachi, but now he can ALSO use the abilities of ninja inside it?
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #508
Perentie Fan
Pojo Veteran

Perentie Fan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
The unhinted-at superpower to detect Kabuto's movements while blind and deaf because he defeated Nagato and apparently can use his tracking ability now.

What, was the Sword of Totsaka not broken enough when it became clear that any ninja that can be wounded with it is not a threat to Itachi, but now he can ALSO use the abilities of ninja inside it?
Actually I think you misread that. Itachi stated he didn't have the ability to sense Kabuto, he simply anticipated that Kabuto would attack Sasuke first and acted accordingly (note he moved closer to Sasuke before Kabuto's attack even hit). Reading people like that is nothing new from Itachi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romancer
If the deck doesn't have the capacity to win, then the deck cannot be fun
Pokemon XY friend code is 1693 1529 1852 and the name is Ryu. PM me if you have beaten the elite 4 and are interested. My friend zone offers Tangela, Quilladin and Ivysaur!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #509
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perentie Fan View Post
Actually I think you misread that. Itachi stated he didn't have the ability to sense Kabuto, he simply anticipated that Kabuto would attack Sasuke first and acted accordingly (note he moved closer to Sasuke before Kabuto's attack even hit). Reading people like that is nothing new from Itachi.
It sounded a lot to me like he was implying Nagato is in some way still helping him (like how he managed to stop Kabuto even on a guess when he had no way to see, hear, or otherwise detect where anyone else in the room was besides memory), but I guess that's not the only way it can be read.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #510
Rising Dragon
Lvl 99

Rising Dragon is on a distinguished road

This would actually be a kinda cool fight if it wernt for Susanoo. As someone who loves the Uchiha and their fighting style (dont eat me blackdragon) even I say this: Susanoo is stupid and I wish it would go away or only be used as a last ditch trump card.

Also Kabutos immense power boost over orochimaru in such a short amount of time seems kinda overkill to me since basically he has mastered everything orochimaru ever wanted in such a short time after his death. From the ultimate edo tensei to snake hermit mode you have to wonder that if orochimaru was still around if they would have any of it.
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #511
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night

Carly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the rough

Orochimaru didn't have the body capable of being a perfect sage unlike Kabuto. And to be fair he was with the guy since he was a child experimental and preforming many horrific and questionable studies. At least he didn't plotgan his way to victory and stealing orochimaru for himself.

Light Prophecy GishkiConstellars Psychic Fire FistDark Prophecy
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #512
Jysus, Soul Sage
Pojo Veteran

Jysus, Soul Sage is on a distinguished road

Quote:
This would actually be a kinda cool fight if it wernt for Susanoo. As someone who loves the Uchiha and their fighting style (dont eat me blackdragon) even I say this: Susanoo is stupid and I wish it would go away or only be used as a last ditch trump card.
It was originally that way since using it would make you blind but then Sasuke got EMS and has unlimited use and Itachi has broken regenerative abilities.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #513
AngelofHeaven
Pojo Veteran

AngelofHeaven is on a distinguished road

Newest chapter seemed to draw on too long with talking, which is notorious for Japanese authors (namely Kishimoto). There was minimal acts of fights, and we got to see a new technique in the action + how it seems to work out and the loop holes around it. Overall the manga chapter this week was roughly a 3/5.
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #514
White Oni
Pojo Veteran

White Oni is on a distinguished road

So since kakashi isn't fighting the 7 legendary swordsmen... does that mean they were defeated off screen? if so, Ima be pissed.
Old 03-31-2012, 02:58 AM   #515
TheLastSaiyan
Mr. Paper Chaser

Location: Shotokan Dojo, Nibuya Japan. Secondary location: Chicago, IL. THE BADLANDS
TheLastSaiyan is on a distinguished road

^Prepare to be pissed, because there were already panels of them shown being clearly finished off by Kakashi and Guy. That whole "Imma go on a rampage, look-out!" was just a sucker-punch by Kishi to get you hyped for something he had no intention of actually really showing outside of a panel here and there.

I'm waiting until this fight is completely over to comment...but yes Susanoo IS stupid. Every time I see it I cringe.

I will however comment on how Kishi has done a 180 on almost all his themes. Remember hard-work vs talent?

Part-1:

Talented Ninja: "I am from a special elite clan, so I am great and superior. Bow before my awesomeness!"

Hard-working Ninja: "It doesn't matteer if I wasn't born in an illustrious clan or have a blood-line limit. Heck, it doesn't even matter if I can't wield chakra. I'll work my butt off and be just as good in my own way! YAY!"

Part 2:

Talented Ninja: "Seriously dude, if you don't have a bijuu, a sharingan, or stolen hax powers or be from basically the only two clans that even matter in this manga, just GTFO (and before you ask dude, yes even if you have a Byakugan...you still suck hahahaha).

Hard-working ninja: "Suddenly I feel sick"

Seriously, what happened to make such a drastic change in the theme like that? You literally have a guy going around now saying :

"Hey not talented? Just some of the run of the mill ninja not born in a super-special awesome clan? Just steal the sh** that's what I did!!"

This is what Part 2 is telling us in so many obvious ways. Hard-work means nothing compared to hax blood-line abilities and chakra monsters. Now we even have two or three main characters using gene-splicing to further cement that fact that you suck without these things. Even Naruto the kid who was the poster-boy for hard-work, exemplifies this.

Rock Lee is banging his head against a tree somewhere...

In fact back in part 1 you even had talented ninja with blood-lines who were still just as much of hard-workers as ninja not born with those things (like Neji for example). Showing that even if you were a nin born into a blood-line or a nin with natural talent you still had to work your ass off if you were going to amount to anything.

What kind of skewed message is being sent out in part 2?? Well, I can say at least it wasn't ALL of part 2...

Missing Leaf Nin
Sasuke Uchiha
Crimes: Treason, attempted murder and allying with known S-class criminals.
Last seen with notorious criminal syndicate "Akatsuki" ninja is highly dangerous, approach with caution.

Last edited by TheLastSaiyan : 03-31-2012 at 03:36 AM.
Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #516
AngelofHeaven
Pojo Veteran

AngelofHeaven is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Oni View Post
So since kakashi isn't fighting the 7 legendary swordsmen... does that mean they were defeated off screen? if so, Ima be pissed.
You probably are going to be a bit mad. Kakashi and the others mentioned needing to seal only 2 more of the legendary swordsman in the panel right after sealing Fuguki (Kisame's mentor).
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #517
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSaiyan View Post
^Prepare to be pissed, because there were already panels of them shown being clearly finished off by Kakashi and Guy. That whole "Imma go on a rampage, look-out!" was just a sucker-punch by Kishi to get you hyped for something he had no intention of actually really showing outside of a panel here and there.

I'm waiting until this fight is completely over to comment...but yes Susanoo IS stupid. Every time I see it I cringe.

I will however comment on how Kishi has done a 180 on almost all his themes. Remember hard-work vs talent?

Part-1:

Talented Ninja: "I am from a special elite clan, so I am great and superior. Bow before my awesomeness!"

Hard-working Ninja: "It doesn't matteer if I wasn't born in an illustrious clan or have a blood-line limit. Heck, it doesn't even matter if I can't wield chakra. I'll work my butt off and be just as good in my own way! YAY!"

Part 2:

Talented Ninja: "Seriously dude, if you don't have a bijuu, a sharingan, or stolen hax powers or be from basically the only two clans that even matter in this manga, just GTFO (and before you ask dude, yes even if you have a Byakugan...you still suck hahahaha).

Hard-working ninja: "Suddenly I feel sick"

Seriously, what happened to make such a drastic change in the theme like that? You literally have a guy going around now saying :

"Hey not talented? Just some of the run of the mill ninja not born in a super-special awesome clan? Just steal the sh** that's what I did!!"

This is what Part 2 is telling us in so many obvious ways. Hard-work means nothing compared to hax blood-line abilities and chakra monsters. Now we even have two or three main characters using gene-splicing to further cement that fact that you suck without these things. Even Naruto the kid who was the poster-boy for hard-work, exemplifies this.

Rock Lee is banging his head against a tree somewhere...

In fact back in part 1 you even had talented ninja with blood-lines who were still just as much of hard-workers as ninja not born with those things (like Neji for example). Showing that even if you were a nin born into a blood-line or a nin with natural talent you still had to work your ass off if you were going to amount to anything.

What kind of skewed message is being sent out in part 2?? Well, I can say at least it wasn't ALL of part 2...
God, so much this. I sort of feel like Naruto is almost the exact opposite of the character he was originally conceived as in terms of his role in the story. He used to be the kid with nothing from nowhere who spat on the idea of being destined for failure and overcoming his lack of talent through hard work and determination.

Now he's the almighty chosen one from the most prestigious bloodline, period, whose fate and power were pre-ordained by the work of others and is setting out to do exactly what he was apparently destined to do, now overcoming his relative lack of technique through sheer overwhelming power granted to him at birth. And Duckbutt and all of the other significant characters are no better.

Basically, Jerkwad Neji was right all along.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #518
TeamDarkLight
I'm amazing!! :D

TeamDarkLight is on a distinguished road
Default re

Quote:
God, so much this. I sort of feel like Naruto is almost the exact opposite of the character he was originally conceived as in terms of his role in the story. He used to be the kid with nothing from nowhere who spat on the idea of being destined for failure and overcoming his lack of talent through hard work and determination.

Now he's the almighty chosen one from the most prestigious bloodline, period, whose fate and power were pre-ordained by the work of others and is setting out to do exactly what he was apparently destined to do, now overcoming his relative lack of technique through sheer overwhelming power granted to him at birth. And Duckbutt and all of the other significant characters are no better.

Basically, Jerkwad Neji was right all along.
Lol the sad part is that is probably right, Naruto was a loser to start with and now he is the almighty chosen one but I guess you could argue that when Naruto was working on the Rasenshurikan, he didn't know about minato, kushina etc. and eventually it was obvious he was gonna be able to control the kyuui sometime along.
Old 04-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #519
TheLastSaiyan
Mr. Paper Chaser

Location: Shotokan Dojo, Nibuya Japan. Secondary location: Chicago, IL. THE BADLANDS
TheLastSaiyan is on a distinguished road

Well, it doesn't matter if he knew about any of that. The thing about destiny, it's going to grip you whether you know about it or not because it's already been predetermined for you. Especially if its destiny you WANT, you're going to fall in line without any fuss anyway. Naruto knows his role now and he wholeheartedly accepts it because it goes completely in line with his own desires.

Hence Neji being right about a person being destined to be who they are. Neji was only wrong in thinking Naruto was not one of those people destined to be great.

Missing Leaf Nin
Sasuke Uchiha
Crimes: Treason, attempted murder and allying with known S-class criminals.
Last seen with notorious criminal syndicate "Akatsuki" ninja is highly dangerous, approach with caution.

Last edited by TheLastSaiyan : 04-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #520
Nick

Nick is on a distinguished road

I found this while reading the chapter on a thread called "Why do people hate Sasuke?"

Quote:
I think Sasuke is DOPE! He's not OP like Naruto, he uses STRATEGY when he fights and not Kage Bushin, Sage Mode, Kyubi or Rasengan. I understand Sasuke overuses Susanoo, and Amaterasu too much but he uses it with strategy and not OP. We've seen Naruto do Kage Bushin for 10 years, its old, VERY.
Strategy huh?

Click Sig for Youtube.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nacho
Shaxx is now a member of Team Zeal, Trent-cakes add him to the roster, would you kindly?
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #521
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I found this while reading the chapter on a thread called "Why do people hate Sasuke?"

Strategy huh?
I suppose letting your magic eyeballs do all the work instead of demonstrating any talent of your own is strategy. It's not a very GOOD one, but it's worked so far.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #522
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night

Carly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the rough

That died when he got Mangekyou Sharingan.

Light Prophecy GishkiConstellars Psychic Fire FistDark Prophecy
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #523
GGekko712
Banned User

GGekko712 is on a distinguished road

Rasengan is the ****.
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #524
Jysus, Soul Sage
Pojo Veteran

Jysus, Soul Sage is on a distinguished road

As much as I love Itachi he did not need to be any more broken. We should have guessed there would have been an Izanami since she was the wife of Izanagi in japanese myth and all the Sharingan eye techniques are named after their gods.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #525
Xssj2GohanX
Super Mod

Xssj2GohanX will become famous soon enough

O boy. There was a lot of interesting dialogue in this chapter about the parallels between itachi and kabuto. It just seems strange at this point that sasuke is getting along so well with itachi, but he continues to spout off about crushing the leaf. Next chapter...Itachi uses Izanami to make sharingan even more special. I agree, Jysus...love itachi, just no need for even more abilities.