Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Naruto > Naruto Anime & Manga Talk
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 07:14 AM   #501
Xssj2GohanX
Super Mod
 
Xssj2GohanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,782
iTrader: 0
Xssj2GohanX will become famous soon enough
Default

The fight continued in this chapter, with some teamwork between itachi and sasuke. It was neat seeing the parallel from the arrows and kunai tandem to capture the wild boar, and the susanoo arrow and susanoo shuriken. Other than that, not much happened in the chapter. Kabuto shows some more of his sage arts, and they were impressive. What worked out for him is that the physical traits he gained from Juugo and shuigetsu assist in improving his sage techniques that he learned. For example, liquefying his body to negate the effects of sound, and his snake transplants helping him to see through the bright light.
__________________
Xssj2GohanX is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #502
Starshipw
Registered User
 
Starshipw's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: PA
Posts: 459
iTrader: 0
Starshipw is on a distinguished road
Default

Especially for Blackdragonking, a 100% Uchiha chapter, complete with chibi-Sasuke.
Starshipw is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 09:27 AM   #503
UNTOUCHABLE/DADE
Pojo Veteran
 
UNTOUCHABLE/DADE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1,044
iTrader: 0
UNTOUCHABLE/DADE is on a distinguished road
Default

Itachi got stabbed on purpose to try to put Kabuto in gen-jutsu... using his edo advantage to it's fullest...

And I am alos thinking, what if that horn that itachi cut off, can grow a new Kabuto.
__________________
UNTOUCHABLE/DADE is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #504
Thekahnartist1
rEVOLution
 
Thekahnartist1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Jupiter, Florida
Age: 20
Posts: 1,152
iTrader: 13 (100%)
Thekahnartist1 is on a distinguished road
Default

that would actually be awesome, maybe Kabuto is aware of this and that's why he is so unfazed by part of his anatomy being sliced off.
__________________
Quote:
trade thread
Thekahnartist1 is offline  
Old 03-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #505
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic
 
BlackDragonKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 24
Posts: 2,591
iTrader: 0
BlackDragonKing is on a distinguished road
Default

Chapter read.

What, Itachi easily counter-acts Kabuto's cool new ability and demonstrates another hitherto-unhinted at superpower to continue looking untouchable even when he doesn't need to be?

I think I left my surprised face somewhere else.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Kerensky View Post
It is about as reasonable as BlackDragonKing praising Sasuke's for his use of Sharingan abilities instead of other jutsus.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
BlackDragonKing is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 09:37 AM   #506
Perentie Fan
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 4,429
iTrader: 0
Perentie Fan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
Chapter read.

What, Itachi easily counter-acts Kabuto's cool new ability and demonstrates another hitherto-unhinted at superpower to continue looking untouchable even when he doesn't need to be?

I think I left my surprised face somewhere else.
What unhinted-at superpower? We saw the whole "crow illusion" thing many times in the past. We also find that it seems it was Nagato who informed Itachi of Kabuto's whereabouts, that Itachi lacked the ability to locate Kabuto himself.

I did like Kabuto's remark indicating that he only got cut by Itachi because he normally doesn't have horns (i.e. he dodged the sword slash but didn't take into account the horns on his head).
__________________
On why 'fun' cards should be well-made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romancer
If the deck doesn't have the capacity to win, then the deck cannot be fun
Pokemon XY friend code is 1693 1529 1852 and the name is Ryu. PM me if you have beaten the elite 4 and are interested. My friend zone offers Tangela, Quilladin and Ivysaur!

Last edited by Perentie Fan : 03-29-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Perentie Fan is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 10:15 AM   #507
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic
 
BlackDragonKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 24
Posts: 2,591
iTrader: 0
BlackDragonKing is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perentie Fan View Post
What unhinted-at superpower? We saw the whole "crow illusion" thing many times in the past. We also find that it seems it was Nagato who informed Itachi of Kabuto's whereabouts, that Itachi lacked the ability to locate Kabuto himself.

I did like Kabuto's remark indicating that he only got cut by Itachi because he normally doesn't have horns (i.e. he dodged the sword slash but didn't take into account the horns on his head).
The unhinted-at superpower to detect Kabuto's movements while blind and deaf because he defeated Nagato and apparently can use his tracking ability now.

What, was the Sword of Totsaka not broken enough when it became clear that any ninja that can be wounded with it is not a threat to Itachi, but now he can ALSO use the abilities of ninja inside it?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Kerensky View Post
It is about as reasonable as BlackDragonKing praising Sasuke's for his use of Sharingan abilities instead of other jutsus.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
BlackDragonKing is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 03:34 PM   #508
Perentie Fan
Pojo Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Texas
Age: 30
Posts: 4,429
iTrader: 0
Perentie Fan is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
The unhinted-at superpower to detect Kabuto's movements while blind and deaf because he defeated Nagato and apparently can use his tracking ability now.

What, was the Sword of Totsaka not broken enough when it became clear that any ninja that can be wounded with it is not a threat to Itachi, but now he can ALSO use the abilities of ninja inside it?
Actually I think you misread that. Itachi stated he didn't have the ability to sense Kabuto, he simply anticipated that Kabuto would attack Sasuke first and acted accordingly (note he moved closer to Sasuke before Kabuto's attack even hit). Reading people like that is nothing new from Itachi.
__________________
On why 'fun' cards should be well-made

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romancer
If the deck doesn't have the capacity to win, then the deck cannot be fun
Pokemon XY friend code is 1693 1529 1852 and the name is Ryu. PM me if you have beaten the elite 4 and are interested. My friend zone offers Tangela, Quilladin and Ivysaur!
Perentie Fan is offline  
Old 03-29-2012, 03:40 PM   #509
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic
 
BlackDragonKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 24
Posts: 2,591
iTrader: 0
BlackDragonKing is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perentie Fan View Post
Actually I think you misread that. Itachi stated he didn't have the ability to sense Kabuto, he simply anticipated that Kabuto would attack Sasuke first and acted accordingly (note he moved closer to Sasuke before Kabuto's attack even hit). Reading people like that is nothing new from Itachi.
It sounded a lot to me like he was implying Nagato is in some way still helping him (like how he managed to stop Kabuto even on a guess when he had no way to see, hear, or otherwise detect where anyone else in the room was besides memory), but I guess that's not the only way it can be read.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Kerensky View Post
It is about as reasonable as BlackDragonKing praising Sasuke's for his use of Sharingan abilities instead of other jutsus.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
BlackDragonKing is offline  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:17 PM   #510
Rising Dragon
Lvl 99
 
Rising Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Age: 27
Posts: 970
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Rising Dragon is on a distinguished road
Default

This would actually be a kinda cool fight if it wernt for Susanoo. As someone who loves the Uchiha and their fighting style (dont eat me blackdragon) even I say this: Susanoo is stupid and I wish it would go away or only be used as a last ditch trump card.

Also Kabutos immense power boost over orochimaru in such a short amount of time seems kinda overkill to me since basically he has mastered everything orochimaru ever wanted in such a short time after his death. From the ultimate edo tensei to snake hermit mode you have to wonder that if orochimaru was still around if they would have any of it.
__________________
Swift as the Wind. Gentle as a Forest. Fierce as Fire. Firm as a Mountain.
Rising Dragon is offline  
Old 03-30-2012, 04:29 PM   #511
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night
 
Carly Nagisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ?
Age: 26
Posts: 14,463
iTrader: 0
Carly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the rough
Default

Orochimaru didn't have the body capable of being a perfect sage unlike Kabuto. And to be fair he was with the guy since he was a child experimental and preforming many horrific and questionable studies. At least he didn't plotgan his way to victory and stealing orochimaru for himself.
__________________
Dear Pojo: 500x125 is a stupid sig size and 30kb is far too small. We are so done professionally. Sincerely: Kamen Rider Eternal/Super Carly of the Time Police

Light Prophecy GishkiConstellars Psychic Fire FistDark Prophecy
Carly Nagisa is offline  
Old 03-30-2012, 09:04 PM   #512
Jysus, Soul Sage
Pojo Veteran
 
Jysus, Soul Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Ministry of Evil Archives
Posts: 3,394
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Jysus, Soul Sage is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
This would actually be a kinda cool fight if it wernt for Susanoo. As someone who loves the Uchiha and their fighting style (dont eat me blackdragon) even I say this: Susanoo is stupid and I wish it would go away or only be used as a last ditch trump card.
It was originally that way since using it would make you blind but then Sasuke got EMS and has unlimited use and Itachi has broken regenerative abilities.
__________________
Jysus, Soul Sage is offline  
Old 03-30-2012, 10:29 PM   #513
AngelofHeaven
Pojo Veteran
 
AngelofHeaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: 14 (85%)
AngelofHeaven is on a distinguished road
Default

Newest chapter seemed to draw on too long with talking, which is notorious for Japanese authors (namely Kishimoto). There was minimal acts of fights, and we got to see a new technique in the action + how it seems to work out and the loop holes around it. Overall the manga chapter this week was roughly a 3/5.
AngelofHeaven is offline  
Old 03-31-2012, 12:35 AM   #514
White Oni
Pojo Veteran
 
White Oni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8,366
iTrader: 9 (100%)
White Oni is on a distinguished road
Default

So since kakashi isn't fighting the 7 legendary swordsmen... does that mean they were defeated off screen? if so, Ima be pissed.
__________________
White Oni is offline  
Old 03-31-2012, 02:58 AM   #515
TheLastSaiyan
Mr. Paper Chaser
 
TheLastSaiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Shotokan Dojo, Nibuya Japan. Secondary location: Chicago, IL. THE BADLANDS
Age: 30
Posts: 1,478
iTrader: 0
TheLastSaiyan is on a distinguished road
Default

^Prepare to be pissed, because there were already panels of them shown being clearly finished off by Kakashi and Guy. That whole "Imma go on a rampage, look-out!" was just a sucker-punch by Kishi to get you hyped for something he had no intention of actually really showing outside of a panel here and there.

I'm waiting until this fight is completely over to comment...but yes Susanoo IS stupid. Every time I see it I cringe.

I will however comment on how Kishi has done a 180 on almost all his themes. Remember hard-work vs talent?

Part-1:

Talented Ninja: "I am from a special elite clan, so I am great and superior. Bow before my awesomeness!"

Hard-working Ninja: "It doesn't matteer if I wasn't born in an illustrious clan or have a blood-line limit. Heck, it doesn't even matter if I can't wield chakra. I'll work my butt off and be just as good in my own way! YAY!"

Part 2:

Talented Ninja: "Seriously dude, if you don't have a bijuu, a sharingan, or stolen hax powers or be from basically the only two clans that even matter in this manga, just GTFO (and before you ask dude, yes even if you have a Byakugan...you still suck hahahaha).

Hard-working ninja: "Suddenly I feel sick"

Seriously, what happened to make such a drastic change in the theme like that? You literally have a guy going around now saying :

"Hey not talented? Just some of the run of the mill ninja not born in a super-special awesome clan? Just steal the sh** that's what I did!!"

This is what Part 2 is telling us in so many obvious ways. Hard-work means nothing compared to hax blood-line abilities and chakra monsters. Now we even have two or three main characters using gene-splicing to further cement that fact that you suck without these things. Even Naruto the kid who was the poster-boy for hard-work, exemplifies this.

Rock Lee is banging his head against a tree somewhere...

In fact back in part 1 you even had talented ninja with blood-lines who were still just as much of hard-workers as ninja not born with those things (like Neji for example). Showing that even if you were a nin born into a blood-line or a nin with natural talent you still had to work your ass off if you were going to amount to anything.

What kind of skewed message is being sent out in part 2?? Well, I can say at least it wasn't ALL of part 2...
__________________

Missing Leaf Nin
Sasuke Uchiha
Age: 16
Crimes: Treason, attempted murder and allying with known S-class criminals.
Last seen with notorious criminal syndicate "Akatsuki" ninja is highly dangerous, approach with caution.

Last edited by TheLastSaiyan : 03-31-2012 at 03:36 AM.
TheLastSaiyan is offline  
Old 03-31-2012, 08:23 AM   #516
AngelofHeaven
Pojo Veteran
 
AngelofHeaven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: 14 (85%)
AngelofHeaven is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Oni View Post
So since kakashi isn't fighting the 7 legendary swordsmen... does that mean they were defeated off screen? if so, Ima be pissed.
You probably are going to be a bit mad. Kakashi and the others mentioned needing to seal only 2 more of the legendary swordsman in the panel right after sealing Fuguki (Kisame's mentor).
AngelofHeaven is offline  
Old 03-31-2012, 11:06 AM   #517
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic
 
BlackDragonKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 24
Posts: 2,591
iTrader: 0
BlackDragonKing is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLastSaiyan View Post
^Prepare to be pissed, because there were already panels of them shown being clearly finished off by Kakashi and Guy. That whole "Imma go on a rampage, look-out!" was just a sucker-punch by Kishi to get you hyped for something he had no intention of actually really showing outside of a panel here and there.

I'm waiting until this fight is completely over to comment...but yes Susanoo IS stupid. Every time I see it I cringe.

I will however comment on how Kishi has done a 180 on almost all his themes. Remember hard-work vs talent?

Part-1:

Talented Ninja: "I am from a special elite clan, so I am great and superior. Bow before my awesomeness!"

Hard-working Ninja: "It doesn't matteer if I wasn't born in an illustrious clan or have a blood-line limit. Heck, it doesn't even matter if I can't wield chakra. I'll work my butt off and be just as good in my own way! YAY!"

Part 2:

Talented Ninja: "Seriously dude, if you don't have a bijuu, a sharingan, or stolen hax powers or be from basically the only two clans that even matter in this manga, just GTFO (and before you ask dude, yes even if you have a Byakugan...you still suck hahahaha).

Hard-working ninja: "Suddenly I feel sick"

Seriously, what happened to make such a drastic change in the theme like that? You literally have a guy going around now saying :

"Hey not talented? Just some of the run of the mill ninja not born in a super-special awesome clan? Just steal the sh** that's what I did!!"

This is what Part 2 is telling us in so many obvious ways. Hard-work means nothing compared to hax blood-line abilities and chakra monsters. Now we even have two or three main characters using gene-splicing to further cement that fact that you suck without these things. Even Naruto the kid who was the poster-boy for hard-work, exemplifies this.

Rock Lee is banging his head against a tree somewhere...

In fact back in part 1 you even had talented ninja with blood-lines who were still just as much of hard-workers as ninja not born with those things (like Neji for example). Showing that even if you were a nin born into a blood-line or a nin with natural talent you still had to work your ass off if you were going to amount to anything.

What kind of skewed message is being sent out in part 2?? Well, I can say at least it wasn't ALL of part 2...
God, so much this. I sort of feel like Naruto is almost the exact opposite of the character he was originally conceived as in terms of his role in the story. He used to be the kid with nothing from nowhere who spat on the idea of being destined for failure and overcoming his lack of talent through hard work and determination.

Now he's the almighty chosen one from the most prestigious bloodline, period, whose fate and power were pre-ordained by the work of others and is setting out to do exactly what he was apparently destined to do, now overcoming his relative lack of technique through sheer overwhelming power granted to him at birth. And Duckbutt and all of the other significant characters are no better.

Basically, Jerkwad Neji was right all along.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Kerensky View Post
It is about as reasonable as BlackDragonKing praising Sasuke's for his use of Sharingan abilities instead of other jutsus.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
BlackDragonKing is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 05:57 AM   #518
TeamDarkLight
I'm amazing!! :D
 
TeamDarkLight's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 782
iTrader: 0
TeamDarkLight is on a distinguished road
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackDragonKing View Post
God, so much this. I sort of feel like Naruto is almost the exact opposite of the character he was originally conceived as in terms of his role in the story. He used to be the kid with nothing from nowhere who spat on the idea of being destined for failure and overcoming his lack of talent through hard work and determination.

Now he's the almighty chosen one from the most prestigious bloodline, period, whose fate and power were pre-ordained by the work of others and is setting out to do exactly what he was apparently destined to do, now overcoming his relative lack of technique through sheer overwhelming power granted to him at birth. And Duckbutt and all of the other significant characters are no better.

Basically, Jerkwad Neji was right all along.
Lol the sad part is that is probably right, Naruto was a loser to start with and now he is the almighty chosen one but I guess you could argue that when Naruto was working on the Rasenshurikan, he didn't know about minato, kushina etc. and eventually it was obvious he was gonna be able to control the kyuui sometime along.
TeamDarkLight is offline  
Old 04-01-2012, 12:38 PM   #519
TheLastSaiyan
Mr. Paper Chaser
 
TheLastSaiyan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Shotokan Dojo, Nibuya Japan. Secondary location: Chicago, IL. THE BADLANDS
Age: 30
Posts: 1,478
iTrader: 0
TheLastSaiyan is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, it doesn't matter if he knew about any of that. The thing about destiny, it's going to grip you whether you know about it or not because it's already been predetermined for you. Especially if its destiny you WANT, you're going to fall in line without any fuss anyway. Naruto knows his role now and he wholeheartedly accepts it because it goes completely in line with his own desires.

Hence Neji being right about a person being destined to be who they are. Neji was only wrong in thinking Naruto was not one of those people destined to be great.
__________________

Missing Leaf Nin
Sasuke Uchiha
Age: 16
Crimes: Treason, attempted murder and allying with known S-class criminals.
Last seen with notorious criminal syndicate "Akatsuki" ninja is highly dangerous, approach with caution.

Last edited by TheLastSaiyan : 04-01-2012 at 06:19 PM.
TheLastSaiyan is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:00 PM   #520
Nick
 
Nick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: in a box
Age: 24
Posts: 2,984
iTrader: 0
Nick is on a distinguished road
Default

I found this while reading the chapter on a thread called "Why do people hate Sasuke?"

Quote:
I think Sasuke is DOPE! He's not OP like Naruto, he uses STRATEGY when he fights and not Kage Bushin, Sage Mode, Kyubi or Rasengan. I understand Sasuke overuses Susanoo, and Amaterasu too much but he uses it with strategy and not OP. We've seen Naruto do Kage Bushin for 10 years, its old, VERY.
Strategy huh?
__________________

Click Sig for Youtube.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer_Nacho
Shaxx is now a member of Team Zeal, Trent-cakes add him to the roster, would you kindly?
Nick is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #521
BlackDragonKing
Sasuke Critic
 
BlackDragonKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Wouldn't you like to know
Age: 24
Posts: 2,591
iTrader: 0
BlackDragonKing is on a distinguished road
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
I found this while reading the chapter on a thread called "Why do people hate Sasuke?"



Strategy huh?
I suppose letting your magic eyeballs do all the work instead of demonstrating any talent of your own is strategy. It's not a very GOOD one, but it's worked so far.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai Kerensky View Post
It is about as reasonable as BlackDragonKing praising Sasuke's for his use of Sharingan abilities instead of other jutsus.
Creeping Strife

Elemental Insurrection

Created Proxies
BlackDragonKing is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 12:17 PM   #522
Carly Nagisa
Envoy of The Night
 
Carly Nagisa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Wouldn't you like to know ?
Age: 26
Posts: 14,463
iTrader: 0
Carly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the roughCarly Nagisa is a jewel in the rough
Default

That died when he got Mangekyou Sharingan.
__________________
Dear Pojo: 500x125 is a stupid sig size and 30kb is far too small. We are so done professionally. Sincerely: Kamen Rider Eternal/Super Carly of the Time Police

Light Prophecy GishkiConstellars Psychic Fire FistDark Prophecy
Carly Nagisa is offline  
Old 04-03-2012, 10:50 PM   #523
GGekko712
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 645
iTrader: 3 (100%)
GGekko712 is on a distinguished road
Default

Rasengan is the ****.
GGekko712 is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #524
Jysus, Soul Sage
Pojo Veteran
 
Jysus, Soul Sage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Ministry of Evil Archives
Posts: 3,394
iTrader: 1 (100%)
Jysus, Soul Sage is on a distinguished road
Default

As much as I love Itachi he did not need to be any more broken. We should have guessed there would have been an Izanami since she was the wife of Izanagi in japanese myth and all the Sharingan eye techniques are named after their gods.
__________________
Jysus, Soul Sage is offline  
Old 04-04-2012, 07:08 AM   #525
Xssj2GohanX
Super Mod
 
Xssj2GohanX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Age: 29
Posts: 10,782
iTrader: 0
Xssj2GohanX will become famous soon enough
Default

O boy. There was a lot of interesting dialogue in this chapter about the parallels between itachi and kabuto. It just seems strange at this point that sasuke is getting along so well with itachi, but he continues to spout off about crushing the leaf. Next chapter...Itachi uses Izanami to make sharingan even more special. I agree, Jysus...love itachi, just no need for even more abilities.
__________________
Xssj2GohanX is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

 
Advertisement


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.