Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard TCG Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-03-2012, 10:49 AM   #1
cjtko70
FL's Lone Samurai

Default Top decks?

What are the top tier decks of the game?
cjtko70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:52 AM   #2
fatboi904
Learning the Ropes

Nothing is really top tier everything can pretty much hold it's own against everything.
fatboi904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:55 AM   #3
Alchadylan
YOLODBLPOST

A well timed trigger can win you any game, but there are a few decks that are better supported and more consistent.
The New TefnuitDAD Guide
Alchadylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
cjtko70
FL's Lone Samurai

Well what are those better supported/consistent? I've only been playing with trial decks so far (sadly everyone has the same at my locals) so I'm just trying to get info on different decks before I try to put money into one.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:01 AM   #5
Bulbasaur09

Royal Paladins are probably the most consistent and can pull off huge moves. Kagero are a little less consistent but use more brute force. However, when the new set drops, there are going to be a lot more viable decks.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:02 AM   #6
Alchadylan
YOLODBLPOST

The current playable decks are Royal Paladins, Kagero, Nova Grapplers, Oracle Think-Tank, Granblue, and Spike Brothers. RP and Kagero are the most supported, and OTT and NG are about to get more support soon, and Granblue is getting a ton of support next month.
The New TefnuitDAD Guide
Old 04-03-2012, 11:09 AM   #7
cjtko70
FL's Lone Samurai

Which of the 2 sets (assuming there's only 2, cus that's all my store had) would be better to get a box of, assuming I haven't decided what to play yet and I'm just wanting to get a good collection going with good trades?

Or which one has good Kagero support?
Old 04-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #8
DrkWizard

The most consistent deck available right now is OTT w/ their ability to manipulate (somewhat) your draws and drive/damage checks.

The quickest deck out is Kagero Blazing Flare build in the sense that occasionally you will be able to ride to G3 when you should only be at G2.

The most fun deck, IMHO, is Spike Brothers as they have some crazy and hilarious combo's. Nothing quite like attacking four or five times a battle phase

Royal Paladin is the most popular deck (IMO) as it is the anime's main character's deck and is one of the currently two trial decks out. Has some good plays and can be pretty consistent.

Nova Grappler is a good deck that seems to be good at a lot of things but not great at anything in specific. Probably the best deck to run if you don't what you're going against and is the best 'all around' deck.

Granblue's are currently the least competitive deck despite a neat mechanic. The deck suffers from a lack of good G2/G3's. That should be fixed with the next set to come out BT03 (english).

YMMV

Last edited by DrkWizard : 04-03-2012 at 11:19 AM.
DrkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:49 AM   #9
Eien
Banned Moderator

RP and Kagero are the top tier decks and have been in JPN all the way through to Set 5. Simple as that. It will remain like that till we get the next set cause that will change our meta from Japans. Donno why people are acting like this isn't true or that other clans are better. OTT may have the ability to be consistent but it never got higher then 4th in JPN regionals and that was AFTER Tsukuyomi.

Additional Comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjtko70 View Post
Which of the 2 sets (assuming there's only 2, cus that's all my store had) would be better to get a box of, assuming I haven't decided what to play yet and I'm just wanting to get a good collection going with good trades?

Or which one has good Kagero support?
Set 1 and TDs are the best to get.

Last edited by Eien : 04-03-2012 at 11:49 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Eien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:54 AM   #10
ArchAvalon
#TeamKnuckleBuster

I like Bermuda Triangle...they have some fancy tricks with Top Idol, Riviere and can hit Vanguards for 4 damage.

#TeamKnuckleBuster
Narukami Brawler, Big Bang Knuckle Buster Kagero Perdition Dragon, Vortex Dragonewt
Angel Feather Celestial Metatron
ArchAvalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 12:34 PM   #11
cjtko70
FL's Lone Samurai

Thanks everyone for the deck insight

and thank you Eien for answering my question about the packs.
Old 04-03-2012, 12:57 PM   #12
Calamitas Deus
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboi904 View Post
Nothing is really top tier everything can pretty much hold it's own against everything.
This. It's one of this game's greatest advantages over something like Yu-Gi-Oh!.
Calamitas Deus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #13
Eien
Banned Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calamitas Deus View Post
This. It's one of this game's greatest advantages over something like Yu-Gi-Oh!.
But it's not true, it's been consistent that RPs and Kageros are winning and topping big tournaments which is what meta is based on. That doesn't mean other decks can't win (for example Stern Blau NG taking Australian Nationals) but this game does have tiers just like any other game. Tiers are based on win consistency, not if it can win or not.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:14 PM   #14
DrkWizard

RP's and Kagero probably make up a far greater percentage of the player base than all the other decks. This can mean that they are winning more due to more people playing them not that they are necessarily better/consistent. My view above is from my observation at my locals where most people play, shockingly, RP or Kagero.

!Team Underworld!

My YGO Deck Gallery

John 1:12 I am God's child.
Yet to all who received Him, to those who believed in His name, he gave the right to become children of God
DrkWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #15
Chaz03
LoL Trash

I think it's more so the other way around. People in Japan actually realized what power the clans have and so they began playing with them. Of course more people will therefore play them because they understand they're more consistent. Other clans have a shot, but by now everyone knows what will win more times than others so that's all the reason to use them. When getting to a level like the tourneys going on in Japan, people aren't focusing on what they like or what's cool, they're power players. You play with what wins.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #16
Eien
Banned Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkWizard View Post
RP's and Kagero probably make up a far greater percentage of the player base than all the other decks. This can mean that they are winning more due to more people playing them not that they are necessarily better/consistent. My view above is from my observation at my locals where most people play, shockingly, RP or Kagero.
Cause we dont have the GP, NK, OTT or NG trial decks. When more TDs become available then you will see a bigger diversity at locals. Locals =/= Regionals nor does it compared to Nationals that you have to qualify for.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:12 PM   #17
airbourne123
Tari Tari

RP are too consistent in the form of Barcgal. Kagero just have really powerful cards in general. Everything else is kinda lackluster right now. Grrr.. I want my Tsukiyomi.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:59 PM   #18
kaisuki
行くぜ相棒!

If this is English, and IIRC Barcgal is not banned as a FV in it, then RP is the best. Barcgal guarantees you not to miss grade 2, and makes your SSD very consistent. RP is the only deck where you can do the following:

1. Ride Level 1, put Barcgal to the back. Use effect search out Liew.
2. Don't ride Level 2. Call Young Pegasus Knight. Use effect search out Flogal, use Liew's effect to search out Blaster Blade. YPG becomes 15k RG on turn 2. Call 2 more random RG and make sure they don't die. Attack with a VG and a 15K YGP.
3. Call Soul Savior Dragon, +15k to field on Turn 3.
kaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:11 PM   #19
Alchadylan
YOLODBLPOST

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisuki View Post
If this is English, and IIRC Barcgal is not banned as a FV in it, then RP is the best. Barcgal guarantees you not to miss grade 2, and makes your SSD very consistent. RP is the only deck where you can do the following:

1. Ride Level 1, put Barcgal to the back. Use effect search out Liew.
2. Don't ride Level 2. Call Young Pegasus Knight. Use effect search out Flogal, use Liew's effect to search out Blaster Blade. YPG becomes 15k RG on turn 2. Call 2 more random RG and make sure they don't die. Attack with a VG and a 15K YGP.
3. Call Soul Savior Dragon, +15k to field on Turn 3.
Actually, barcgal has a bunch of counters from set 2, there's iron tail dragon and kimnara, and if your opponent goes first there's always the threat of beserk dragon and tejas.
The New TefnuitDAD Guide
Old 04-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #20
ImDoneItsOver
Link Joker FTW

yeah but those are chance pulls where as Barc is a there from the start
ImDoneItsOver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Eien
Banned Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchadylan View Post
Actually, barcgal has a bunch of counters from set 2, there's iron tail dragon and kimnara, and if your opponent goes first there's always the threat of beserk dragon and tejas.
Gatling claw dragon, not iron tail dragon and kimnara only works only Grade 1's.

Even after the Barcgal vanban there is Galahad that helps with consistency with helps keep RP on top.
Old 04-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #22
kaisuki
行くぜ相棒!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchadylan View Post
How is Iron Tail a counter?

How is Kinnara a counter?

Berserk when the other damage is flipped for Conroe or if he has 3, targetting a Barcgal instead of a superior booster unit?

Making them run Tejas?

All those scenarios are fine with me. The key thing is, I've made them waste early resources against my Barcgal, while I've gotten a free card off it already.

EDIT: @Eien

If they needed to put a Gatling in their hand at the beginning, I'm fine with that. CB1 and waste one resource in their hand (to get a draw trigger in their hand to kill Barcgal will either mean you mulliganed for it, drew into it, or triggered it which is unlikely) to kill a free card generator is fine with me.

Last edited by kaisuki : 04-03-2012 at 04:56 PM.
kaisuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:46 PM   #23
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaisuki View Post

EDIT: @Eien

If they needed to put a Gatling in their hand at the beginning, I'm fine with that. CB1 and waste one resource in their hand (to get a draw trigger in their hand to kill Barcgal will either mean you mulliganed for it, drew into it, or triggered it which is unlikely) to kill a free card generator is fine with me.
The problem here lies within Barcgal, Gatling Claw is indeed one of the best counters (outside of Tejas if you went first) so that play is fine. It's not like you can do so much with a base 5K anyway.
DeltaX is offline   Reply With Quote