Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Kaijudo / Duel Masters > Kaijudo / Duel Masters TCG Gossip
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 11:49 AM   #426
EarthP0w3R
::Earth::

EarthP0w3R is on a distinguished road

TOP! That is all.

Also, June 26th is my b-day, so I have a great idea for what you guys can get me. While waiting does suck, there's not much we can do. Minor updates are fun though in that it keeps it on your mind and wanting more. Playing the "tid-bits" game makes sense in terms of getting people anxious and ready. Plus its not overwhelming, Which is something Wizards tends, or tended, to do in the past. To me it looks like they're learning from their past mistakes.

Youtube Channel ~ EarthP0w3R

Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!

Team P.E.A.C.H.

~Earth
Old 04-01-2012, 12:14 PM   #427
BlazingSamurai24
BlazingSamurai!

BlazingSamurai24 is on a distinguished road

So what did you guys think of Kaijudo's expanded Trailer...?
Earthstomp Giant looks good same with Bolshack Dragon and with many other creatures like Pyro although Rumbling in that trailer could of looked better.

I love the fact you can cast spells by using the Kaijudo Glove which was that kaijudo Monk lady vs Flametropus Looks like they failed and Raiden saved the day with Tatsurion's fury charge.

BlazingSamuraiShogun Subscribe to My Channel- http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcZA27Rf4K-PnX2mV6xWbg
Old 04-01-2012, 01:12 PM   #428
Vanguard Veteran
Banned User

Vanguard Veteran is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XXXDDD View Post
When is this being released exactly? I'm not particularly fond of this whole Waiting, with tid-bits thing. Give me the whole starter package at once or not at all.
Its called building anticipation
Old 04-01-2012, 05:42 PM   #429
Tacho
He hacks and jacks

Tacho is on a distinguished road

Rumbling Terrasaur was drawn by Hippo?

This game may have some real hope yet!
Old 04-01-2012, 09:50 PM   #430
GordonKane

GordonKane is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3van View Post
CVH, the shining beacon of intelligence in this community!

Good news everyone! I played at Friday Night Magic tonight using old Duel Masters foils as tokens for my 5/5 Demons and five different people commented on them saying stuff like "Man that game was awesome/I wish it was still around/etc" and so I told them all about Kaijudo. Looks like I've already got a nice little Kaijudo group in the Dallas/Fort Worth area between myself, my two friends I know are going to play, and these 5 people I met tonight.
Dallas / Fort Worth always had a healthy DM environment. Between the events at Comic Asylum, Madness, and Lone Star - we had multiple events every Saturday and Sunday. Of course, a few of the venues have gone out of business, but other stores like Area 51, Reaper, etc. Are just as likely to support the game.
And if you're willing to travel for 5 Civ events, there will be a couple stores in Austin (Wonko's and Pat's), a store in San Antonio (Gamelot), and a store in Tyler (Trish's Castle) will be supporting Kaijudo.
Old 04-02-2012, 06:42 AM   #431
BlazingSamurai24
BlazingSamurai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacho View Post
Rumbling Terrasaur was drawn by Hippo?

This game may have some real hope yet!
Yea.... but Terrasaur's art is a DM-18 Version. Most likely that Wotc is using different art variants from other sets and creating new art to fit the storyline.

BlazingSamuraiShogun Subscribe to My Channel- http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpcZA27Rf4K-PnX2mV6xWbg
Old 04-02-2012, 06:46 AM   #432
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

DeltaX is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard Veteran View Post
Its called building anticipation
To simply let you all down? What's really going to happen this game? It failed once before (Globally Speaking), what is it to say it won't fail again? They first tell us it will be different? then they tell us it will be the same game? They seem to be creating mixed messages and getting so many of us confused, that no matter what happens, someone will be infuriated.

Whatever happened to WotC being that clear, concise and direct company? They really do not seem to be upholding to their standard with this.
Old 04-02-2012, 08:20 AM   #433
dengaku-sco

dengaku-sco is on a distinguished road

and perhaps somepeople are being impatient, and jumping to conclusions so they are throwing all the information together in the mixing bowl, meanwhile Wizards is soo not done telling us about the game. ~wwwaaaiiittt~

never once have they direcrty said that it will be completely different or completely the same. only that it will be incompatible with DM cards. alot of people have been paraphrasing, or assuming and spouting from the mouth about 100% different or 0% different.

~but~ they are slowing dripping out info, which is how hype engines work. in video games and movies. we -dont- know the basic rules, we dont know about blocker, we dont know completely about mana even. i can understand it can be confusing. i dont know TCG history, but has a TCG ever be advertised like this before?

i know u may want to have all the info right now to satisfy ur curiosity. but Wizards also has to sell this to new players, some being kids. a hype engine and a slow drip of info is meant to hold their curiosity. but yah, it is a really slow way to tell people about a game. but we are getting info about the game. and maybe the they only hint and clue at the mechanics we despiritly want to know, but then, that's kinda how i expect a hype engine for a tcg to work.

so please, just wait. we have a could-be June release date. hell, it could release in April for all we can guess. and that's not that long either way.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:19 AM   #434
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

If a game needs pre-emptive hype, then that should say something about the game itself doesn't it? Apparently Wizards doesn't think it can stand on it's own two legs without getting some hype up.
Old 04-02-2012, 09:48 AM   #435
BlazingSamurai24
BlazingSamurai!

I would have seen advertisements as the main factor in building hype, but that would be for the product release.
So yeah, I think Wotc want to release information slowly so that players can take in much information without consuming too much, it also builds that interest and the information leading up to (June 26th) gives us solidified interest in buying the product.
I'm not too sure on whether Kids will be checking this up.... needs to be shown more on the Hub and then be an eye-catcher for the Kids which links in to the hype.
With the show, on the Hub, I think the game will be able to stand on it's own two-feet.

Last edited by BlazingSamurai24 : 04-02-2012 at 10:22 AM.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:49 AM   #436
Vanguard Veteran
Banned User

Show on the Hub
A shot at stealing away the 8-14 market from stale Yugioh
Major Retail Release
Old Duel Masters with nostalgia
Disenfranchised Yugioh players

The game has a hell of a lot going for it. The game is coming out over the summer and Wizards is deciding to slowly unveil it. They do the same thing in the weeks leading up to a new Magic set.
Old 04-02-2012, 11:54 AM   #437
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
Show on the Hub
A shot at stealing away the 8-14 market from stale Yugioh
Major Retail Release
Old Duel Masters with nostalgia
Disenfranchised Yugioh players

The game has a hell of a lot going for it. The game is coming out over the summer and Wizards is deciding to slowly unveil it. They do the same thing in the weeks leading up to a new Magic set.
So then why the hell do they need all this pre-emptive hype BS?

Sets are different from Start-ups. We're not even sure what this game is anymore!
Old 04-02-2012, 12:24 PM   #438
EarthP0w3R

Quote:

Sets are different from Start-ups. We're not even sure what this game is anymore!
Wizards is a multimillion-dollar company and I'm pretty sure they know what they're doing. If you disagree with their strategy, cool. But are you a marketing major? Do you come up with marketing strategies that make other companies millions of dollars? I haven't seen you back a single one of your statements against the marketing strategy Wizards is employing here with Kaijudo. Did you ever think that maybe they are learning from their past mistakes with Duel Masters, DreamBlade, etc and marketing things in a fashion that will keep the game alive for many years to come?

Look at Yugioh's product preview page on their main website. They Hype up Tins and sets with little information for months before actually letting us know what exactly comes in them. And they're pretty successful.

Maybe "you're" not sure what the game is anymore, but maybe its better off without you. I'm tired of hearing "haters" say that this game is going to go down the same tracks as DM as they try to make themselves sound like they are marketing geniuses.

I apologize if I seem harsh, but stop talking like you know more than everone else. Maybe this game will fall away like DM, maybe in ten years this game will be one of the best selling TCG's in the world, no one knows the answer to the future, so stop speculating, and if you're going to, back up your ********** arguments! Otherwise you just sounds like a moron and a troll.

Team P.E.A.C.H.

~Earth
Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 PM   #439
Vanguard Veteran
Banned User

From what we have seen and this article http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/22517.html

It is pretty much confirmed that this is the same game we all know and love.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:32 PM   #440
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

I never made a statement, I asked questions. I'm not a hater (not of the game at least.) Don't take anything I say so personally.

Thing is, sometimes when companies do this within regards to completely new products, their doing it to test the waters and see who get excited for the product in question and if there doesn't seem to be enough quantifiable interest, the product is pulled from the market before it ever even gets a chance to go on it.

With a game, that is Duel Masters or based off Duel Masters, a card game which was not too long lived outside of Japan, the cautionary method in the approach above would seem very suitable.

And please stop comparing teasers for expansions of an already established product to teasers of a non-established product. They are different situations.

In short; I don't think Wizards are 100% confident in this product.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:47 PM   #441
Vanguard Veteran
Banned User

Yeah they only spent millions making a cartoon for TV.
Old 04-02-2012, 12:57 PM   #442
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
Yeah they only spent millions making a cartoon for TV.
While I understand animation can be expensive, I'm pretty sure millions is bit of an exaggeration.

Last edited by DeltaX : 04-02-2012 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #443
EarthP0w3R

Quote:
I never made a statement, I asked questions. I'm not a hater (not of the game at least.) Don't take anything I say so personally.

Thing is, sometimes when companies do this within regards to completely new products, their doing it to test the waters and see who get excited for the product in question and if there doesn't seem to be enough quantifiable interest, the product is pulled from the market before it ever even gets a chance to go on it.

With a game, that is Duel Masters or based off Duel Masters, a card game which was not too long lived outside of Japan, the cautionary method in the approach above would seem very suitable.

And please stop comparing teasers for expansions of an already established product to teasers of a non-established product. They are different situations.

In short; I don't think Wizards are 100% confident in this product.
Of course Wizards is going to be careful. After DM came crashing down, DM players were pretty upset. And now with Kaijudo, it sits in the back of the minds of all the veteran players that Wizards will do the same to Kaijudo. But unlike DM, Kaijudo's television show on the hub looks way more promising at actually advertising the TCG, something DM's show never really did. So with what looks like an excellent cartoon in the works, it would seem that Kaijudo is already making a step in the right direction as far as getting new players (kids) into the game. Wizards now just has to find a way to eliminate the anguish all the veteran players feel. But we need to meet them half way, so to speak.

My question to you is do you plan to just sit and watch how everything pans out? Or are you going to buy into product and involve yourself in this game when product begins releasing?

Team P.E.A.C.H.

~Earth
Old 04-02-2012, 01:13 PM   #444
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
My question to you is do you plan to just sit and watch how everything pans out? Or are you going to buy into product and involve yourself in this game when product begins releasing?
Simply depends on certain factors. Living in Ireland, I don't think I'll have a chance to purchase it.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:03 PM   #445
BlazingSamurai24
BlazingSamurai!

If you have stores which sell MTG, it'll be more likely.
If Kaijudo does well in America, they could plan to sell their products in WPN shops around the world.

Old 04-02-2012, 02:06 PM   #446
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by playerman12 View Post
If you have stores which sell MTG, it'll be more likely.
If Kaijudo does well in America, they could plan to sell their products in WPN shops around the world.
Doesn't mean they shops will take it though.
Old 04-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #447
BlazingSamurai24
BlazingSamurai!

Quote:
Doesn't mean they shops will take it though.
It truly depends if demand is high.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:03 PM   #448
CVH
Profoundessional

CVH is on a distinguished road

Quote:

It's pretty clear that we know "what this game is" at this point.

So for years we've been hoping for a re-make of this game, and now that they make a game basically exactly like DM, you don't like how they're unveiling it? Just be glad they're unveiling it at all, this is pretty much the best thing we could have hoped for. Whether or not you like the "pre-emptive hype" is pretty irrelevant.
Kaijudo Writer for AlteRealityGames and Kaijudo.com
Old 04-02-2012, 03:09 PM   #449
Vanguard Veteran
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post

So for years we've been hoping for a re-make of this game, and now that they make a game basically exactly like DM, you don't like how they're unveiling it? Just be glad they're unveiling it at all, this is pretty much the best thing we could have hoped for. Whether or not you like the "pre-emptive hype" is pretty irrelevant.
How hard is it to be so smart in this section?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:09 PM   #450
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVH View Post

To be honest, I didn't keep up with this information due to the drip feed method. they had, the minuscule information they usually gave wasn't worth the time to click the thread button usually. Also of course what I say or do (outside of purchasing product) is irrelevant to how Wizards decide to proceed, as is most of the posts in thread but that doesn't stop me from expressing my dissatisfaction does it now?

Last edited by DeltaX : 04-02-2012 at 04:12 PM.
Closed Thread