Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > WizKids "Pirates" Constructible Strategy Game > WizKids "Pirates" Gossip & Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #1
1wolf
Learning the Ropes

Default Pirates News

I bought my first pack at my local comic book store at the tail end of SM and began to collect CC, revolution and BC. i stopped playing at the begining of SCS recently i remembered this game and wanted to get back into it.

on amazon and ebay i bought over 100$ worth to get back into it. i was surprised to find out that wizkids came out with so many damn expansion sets. i saw that the pirates line was bought and havent seen anything past that.

whats the latest news and how large of pirates community is there?

is there a pirates csg wiki? if not what are the best sites to gather information?
1wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 06:53 PM   #2
a7xfanben

Last news I heard was that there could be something in 2012 in a Heroclix-style game, but don't get your hopes up; you probably read that the game has been OOP (out of production/print) since 2008. They will not manufacture the styrene cards we are used to ever again, because it is "too cost-prohibitive to produce".
Thread on the subject: http://www.pojo.biz/board/showthread.php?t=938224

The Pirates community has dwindled even since before the last expansion was released, as you may have seen by the lack of activity here on this forum. That being said, Miniature Trading (http://www.miniaturetrading.com/) is somewhat active most of the time-a link to their Pirates CSG forum: http://www.miniaturetrading.com/im/f...ewforum/f=9///

If you search Pirates of the Spanish Main you can find their Wikipedia page. There is no doubt that Miniature Trading is the best Pirates site out there, and they even have Armies and Miniature Reviews sections for more in-depth analysis of the game, not to mention their own trading system, which I have had success with. As for rules, you may want to grab the Pirate Code (http://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/48...code-faqerrata), written by Woelf, the official rules arbitrator for the game, and he will answer any other questions you may have that you don't find in the Code (the first thread on the Pirates CSG forum page at MT is the rules thread). Glad to hear you're getting back into it, I also discovered the game back during the first set of SM .
a7xfanben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:09 AM   #3
1wolf
Learning the Ropes

thank you fro all the info. how would a heroclix style game be cheaper to produce? alot of the fun with this game was building the ships your self. if there is nothing to build it would take alot of the fun away. i would like to see another styrene expansion that goes back to the basics without numerous hard to find cards.

and by wiki i meant a site in the style of wikipedia that it dedicated to providing pirates csg information. like wookiepeida
1wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #4
a7xfanben

I hadn't seen a Pirates CSG wiki until I just searched it, here it is: http://piratescsg.wikia.com/wiki/Pirates_Constructible_Strategy_Game_Wiki:Community _Portal

It's sort of bare, and nobody has made any forum threads... Miniature Trading is really the only consistent Pirates site for info and discussion.
a7xfanben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:21 PM   #5
WildWill
SEMI-RETIRED

I always meant to do a collector's book for the rest of the sets, but I never got any bites as to a publisher, so I didn't bother to sink the time into it. As awesome as it was, Pirates was never that popular and a tough sell. Strange but true.

Buy my eBay Stuff
WildWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #6
Saifullah
Drifting

All the truly great stuff rarely make it big. I've always wanted to play this game, its just that its ridiculously hard to find people to play with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pojo Idiots View Post
THIS YUGIOH CARD GENERATES MORE THAN A +0, THEREFORE IT IS ABUSABLE, BANWORTHY, ADDS TO THE POWER CREEP, DEGENERATE, FUELS OTKS, UNFAIR, IMBALANCED, TOO POWERFUL, AND SHOULD BE BANNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saifullah is offline   Reply With Quote