Go Back   Pojo.com Forums > Cardfight!! Vanguard > Cardfight!! Vanguard Deck Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2011, 04:43 PM   #1
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Martiachan will become famous soon enough
Default Pale Moon - Deck Building Guide

I'm new to Vanguard, but I can still try anyways right? People can correct me for any information and give suggestions because I'll probably become bored of this anyways.

Table of Contents
Section I. Introduction.
Section II. Grade 3 Pale Moon Cards
Section III. Grade 2 Pale Moon Cards
Section IV. Grade 1 Pale Moon Cards
Section V. Play-style
Section VI. Builds
Section VII. Match-ups against other Clans.
Section VIII. Hybrids.
Section IX. Future Releases.
Section X. Conclusion
Section XI. Credits
Section XII. Updates

Quote:
Section I. Introduction.
Quote:
Pale Moon is a clan in Vanguard, making their first appearance in episode 30. Asaka Narumi (of FFAL4) is the user of Pale Moon. The Clan seems to resolve around things you'd find in a circus, such as huge animals, clowns and magic tricks. Because of this the play-style of Pale Moon is much like how one would host a play. We do one act then swap it out for the next and again and again.

Many of our plays rely on the Soul. Similar to Granblue decks who revive from the Drop Zone, we use the Soul instead. This is a huge bonus, we don't get power boosts when we add things to the Soul, however when using the effect such as Nightmare Doll Alice we can put any monster from our Soul standing, allowing us more and more attacks all for the cost of one counter blast. With a damage of 5, with successful attacks alone by calling one Nightmare Doll Alice you can deal 6 damage by swapping out Alice for a Mirror Demon which will attack and then call out Alice. 6 damage only be the interaction of 2 cards. As we add more cards to our Soul Circus our plays become much harder to stop, bigger and amazing.

Are you ready to be Dazzled? The Pale Moon Circus is in town.
Quote:
Section II. Grade 3 Pale Moon Cards
Quote:
Grade 3's
Barking Manticore
Darkness Magician Robert
Golden Beast Tamer
Nightmare Doll, Alice
Like standard Grade 3's, they all have 10k each.

All of these have a lot of potential, so let's look at them one by one.

Quote:
Barking Manticore. Grade 3
As a vanguard if you have Crismon Beast Tamer during your turn this card gains 3000 power.
When it's called to the Vanguard circle, you can draw a card and add one card to the Soul.

13000 un-boosted is pretty decent, but you can also draw and add a card to the Soul. The sad part that it's only once, but it's still very significant. Unfortunately, I feel like it's rather standard and the space can be better invested towards other Grade 3's. However, I may be over-looking something so feel free to correct me.
Quote:
Darkness Magician, Robert. Grade 3
Interestingly enough, this card reminds me of the Oracle Think Tank Clan. By Soul Charging one card, you can check your next draw and stack it to the bottom or top of the deck. This is always a useful effect, for you can use it to check your trigger or if you want your next draw. The draw ack that it's auto, shame, shame. This guy also has a Soul Blast [8] and a Counter Blast [5]. On the upside, unlike most other similar effects, this has a free activation requirement and does not require a successful attack or any attack at all. Unfortunately, it's rather minor compared to other similar effects with the same cost. By activating this you send all of your opponents Grade 1 or lower Rearguards to the Soul. Seeing how you usually can't hit that backrow of Rearguards, it's definitely useful but not so much towards making the final push.
Quote:
Golden Beast Tamer
This card has restraint, we all love those right? Well, you can get rid of it by Soul Blasting [3] for the turn. That isn't that strict of a requirement I suppose.

More appealing is the fact that we can call out a [[Pale Moon]] [Chimera] from the Soul to the Rear Guard. Also all front row Rear Guards gain 3000 power during your turn.

Think about it, even a 1000 difference is enough to cost you another card for a attack, but 3000 will make sure your opponent will often have to use 1 extra card every time you attack. It's permanent so you don't have to worry about it either, unless you get rid of Golden Beast Tamer as your Vanguard.

Although the number seems small and restraint looks unappealing this is definitely something to consider.
Quote:
Nightmare Doll, Alice
She's really cute, please use it. I don't see many nightmaric things about her.
At first glance, she's a standard 10k Grade 3, with one effect. On successful attack as a Rear Guard she can be moved to the soul and counter blast one card to call another Rear Guard except Nightmare Doll, Alice. The Rear Guard comes standing so you can attack again!

A lot of cards in the Pale Moon Race has this kind of effect, so as long as you keep landing successful attacks, you can have the same amount of attacks as you have unflipped damage!

But that's not all, a lot of the cards in the Pale Moon Race also gets a boost if they were called from the Soul.

As a rear guard that you'll always put in the front row, she's un-capable of intercepting, but otherwise she's the ideal choice for tool-boxing. All it needs is one successful attack.
Quote:
Section III. Grade 2 Pale Moon Cards
Quote:
Grade 2's
Barking Cerberus
Crimson Beast Tamer
Elephant Juggler
Hungry Pierrot
Jumping Jill
Mirror Demon
Nitro Juggler
Quote:
Barking Cerberus
It's the standard no effect Grade 2. 10000 power, and 5000 when defending.
The upside is that it can go head to head with most other Grade 2's and your opponent will have to give up resources to block it. It also equals most other Grade 3's without a boost. It goes hand and hand with our Grade 3, Barking Manticore being able to superior call this from the soul. Note that besides being a power-house beater I don't find this card worth it. People would usually prefer to run this over 9000 soul charging counter-parts. I find the soul charging usually more useful then the extra 1000 even if it does help magic numbers. In the end it comes to preference but this is my recommendation. Yes, this 10k body is a considerable boost when it stands as a Vanguard, but if you play your cards right that shouldn't come up enough to be a problem to justify using this card. That's just my input though. People like this, I don't.
Quote:
Crimson Beast Tamer
As either a Vanguard or a Rear Guard, during your turn if you have Crimson Beast Tamer in your soul this Unit gains 3000 power. Otherwise it's just a generic 8000. It boosts up itself and Barking Manticore, and I suppose 11000 is a nice number in the end. Like with the magic number argument this card just isn't worth it. Unless we find ourselves with some pretty hefty match-ups. Sure it helps us break magic numbers but that's not supposed to be our specialty in the end. It's also unreliable. I'll have to give this more consideration later.
Quote:
Elephant Juggler
As a 9000 power, it as the auto ability of Soul Charging 1 whenever you call a Pale Moon to a Rear Guard. Seems worth it? Well, it sets up Nightmare Doll Alice and Golden Beast Tamer, but it has to be a Vanguard? Shame.
Quote:
Hungry Pierrot
Description
  • Pale Moon
  • Ogre / Dark Zone
  • Grade 2
  • Offensive Power: 9000
  • Defensive Power: 5000
  • Intercept
  • Auto (V/R): When this Unit's attack hits, and you have a Pale Moon Vanguard, you may Soul Charge (1).

Pale Moon - Swap Builds.
This is a very good card for a variety of purposes.

With a Power of 9000, you can over-run most Grade 2's, un-boosted. In this stage of the game most Grade 1's have a Offensive Power of at least 6000. That'll allow you to either force your opponent to use a shield of at least 10k or let the attack go though in most cases.

Having the ability to Soul Charge (1) off every successful attack makes a psychological effect where the opponent will be entitled to block it's strong power.

If they don't, you set up your engine. If they do they have much less cards to block your more important monsters such as Nightmare Doll, Alice or Mirror Demon. In both situations, it's a win-win.

The ability to intercept is of course very nice. Making sure even if they pull a trigger, the attack probably won't go though.

In conclusion, for Swap Builds this is a good card in general. It's power dwindles when your engine is already set-up and your faced with better options like attacking with Nightmare Doll, Alice's but for this card who sets up your engine and makes things easier for you there's little reason not to run this at a high number in Swap Builds because it's one of your best Grade 2 options.

Recommendation in Swap Builds: 3-4.

Pale Moon - Tamer Builds.
To be filled in.
Quote:
Jumping Jill
Did I mention that certain cards get effects when called from the Soul? Jumping Jill is one of them gaining 3000 power for that turn when appearing to the Rear Circle from the Soul. Making it a nice 12000, that can usually attack a un-guarded Grade 3 without problems or having to be boosted.
Quote:
Mirror Demon
Description
  • Pale Moon
  • Demon / Dark Zone
  • Grade 2
  • Offensive Power: 8000
  • Intercept
  • Auto (R): (Counter Blast [1], Move this Unit to Soul) When this Unit's attack hits, and you have a Pale Moon Vanguard, you may pay the cost. If paid, choose 1 that's not (Mirror Demon) from your Soul and call it to a Rearguard Circle.

Pale Moon - Swap Builds.
Nightmare Doll Alice, V.2 that serves practically the same purpose. Look at a few pros and cons this has over Alice is that it can intercept and is a Grade 2. But it has 2000 less Offensive Power. It can swap into Alice off a successful attack, but with 2000 less Offensive Power against certain match ups it'll be more difficult to get a attack off then Alice so swapping isn't always a option, but at least your opponent will almost 'have' to waste resources to guard against this.

The main weakness of this is the fact that against Grade 3's which primarily have a 10k base, this card cannot face-up to them alone without getting a boost. Which although seemingly minor, is actually a huge disadvantage.

However, extra Alices are always nice despite this cards flaws. It opens up a lot more combo plays and loops if you don't have certain cards available to you.

Like Hungry Pierrot, it'll force guards so your opponent won't be able to guard against more important creatures.

Pale Moon - Tamer Builds
To be filled in.
Quote:
Nitro Juggler
Another way to Soul Charge, whenever it comes out to the Rearguard or Vanguard you can Soul Charge a Pale Moon Vanguard, this is probably the most independent and least reliant way of the Grade 2's you have to Soul Charge. Like the other options, this is 9000 power.

Edit: Reliant way of setting up your engine and re-usable as you can put it in the soul and put it out again. Definitely one of our better set-up cards that should be run at 4 in Swap builds until we find a better alternative.
Quote:
Section IV. Grade 1 Pale Moon Cards
Quote:
Darkmetal Bicorn
  • Pale Moon
  • Hi-Beast / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Offensive Power: 8000
  • Boost
Generic 8000 for us. There isn't too much to be said here. It lets things break barrier, and it might be potentially more useful in the future. To take note, it allows our 10k Grade 3's to reach 18k, which is significant when going against 13k Vanguards. But I find that our Grade 1 slots are already filled up with better options.
Quote:
Madcap Marionette
  • Pale Moon
  • Workeroid / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Offensive Power: 6000
  • Boost
  • Auto: When this Unit appears in the Rearguard or Vanguard Circle, if you have a Pale Moon Vanguard, you can select 1 Pale Moon in your hand and place it in your Soul.
The power here is the lowest it gets for Grade 1's, and if not to help it, you also soul charge from the hand. This may be good if you want something specific, but every card counts in terms of resources. I personally wouldn't recommend this but if you can find it to work, tell me about it.
Quote:
Midnight Bunny
  • Pale Moon
  • War Beast / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Offensive Power: 7000
  • Boost
  • Auto (R): [Counter Blast (1), move this Unit to Soul] When an attack hits during a battle in which this Unit Boosts, and you have a Pale Moon Vanguard, you may pay the cost. If paid, and choose 1 Pale Moon that's not (Midnight Bunny) from your Soul, and call it to a Rear Guard Circle.
So good, the offensive power isn't that good, but the fact that it allows more powerful Grade 3's to swap out, gives this card considerable power. Opponents will definitely want to block this attack and it makes it so you don't have to put a Alice or a Mirror Demon in the front lines.
Quote:
Purple Trapezist
  • Pale Moon
  • Succubus / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Boost
  • Auto (R): [Move 1 other Pale Moon Rearguard to Soul] When this Unit is called to the Rearguard Circle, and you have a Pale Moon Vanguard, you may pay the cost. If paid, Call 1 Pale Moon from your Soul other than (Purple Trapezist) to a Rearguard Circle.
There are permanent loops for endless attacks with this card. If nothing else, it superior calls Grade 3's and anything you want. If there was staples in decks, this would be it. However, because it's a staple it's rather expensive but please run the maximum numbers possible.
Quote:
Skull Juggler
  • Pale Moon
  • Demon / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Offensive Power: 7000
  • Boost
  • Auto: When this Unit is called to the Vanguard or Rearguard Circle, and you have a Pale Moon Vanguard, you may Soul Charge (1).
Consistent Soul Charging, if you don't have Trapeizst in hand, this is probably the next thing you'd want to Ride. Although it's only a 7000 boost, it's still nice for setting up our engine.
Quote:
Starting Presenter
  • Pale Moon
  • Demon / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Boost
  • Auto: When you Ride this card with another Pale Moon, you can Soul Charge 2 Cards.
I don't like this card because it has to be the vanguard. Which means you need one copy in your hand for it to be effective and every other copy is almost useless after words.
Quote:
Turquoise Beast Tamer
  • Pale Moon
  • Elf / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Boost
  • Continuous (V/R): During your turn, if you have (Crimson Beast Tamer) in your Soul, this Unit gains +3000 Power.
Might be useful, I need more testing for this card though. It's a +9000 boost, which helps make magical numbers of 20k with our 11k Vanguards.
Quote:
Underworld Hypnotist
  • Pale Moon
  • Demon / Dark Zone
  • Grade 1
  • Defensive Power: 0
  • Boost
  • Auto: [Choose 1 Pale Moon from your Hand and Discard it] When this Unit is called to the Guardian Circle, you may pay the cost. If paid, during that battle, your Pale Moon doesn't get hit.
Did anyone say Perfect Guard? Why don't these guys work well in Pale Moons? I'm not sure either, but a few in your deck and you won't ever regret it. The only reason not to run maximums is due to space and the fact that there's too many things in this deck we don't want to discard.
Quote:
Section V. Play-style
Builds
There are two optimal builds I can see with the cards on Byond. For the sake of naming I'll call them Pale Moon - Swap, and Pale Moon - Tamer. Which generally mean as their name states and uses primarily their main focus on such.

Quote:
Pale Moon - Swap
I believe the best Grade 3's for this kind of build are Nightmare Doll, Alice and Darkness Magician, Robert. Though Soul Charging, we can toolbox the Soul to continue to attack and call out monsters to abuse their effects. With the ideal set-up, 6 damage in one turn is child-play in this kind of build.

It relies on a lot of tricks and combos. Primarily you'd want to stack up some damage every now and then if a attack would lead you to using up too many resources to defend against. This is good for your final push where a counter blast [1] is necessary for a additional attack.

A combo with this is to loop a certain Grade 1 in this deck and Nightmare Doll, Alice which I'll explain later for attacks that reach up to 16k power and you can do a additional one for each successful attack for each counter blast [1] you activate.

The main concerns about this is that for any tool-boxing to go on you must have a successful attack so try to dwindle down their defenses as effectively as you can before you go for the final push.

There's several things you need to rely on. Damage to counter-blast, a set-up Soul and mostly a successful attack.

The first and second are definitely easy to accomplish. Outside of swapping/looping monsters your deck should be filled with things that can Soul Charge, someway or another. That's one of the perk's of the Pale Moon Clan, is that we have so many options and ways to Soul Charge.

The first we can just let some damage go, it's definitely not that difficult and if you truly can't take any damage, then you honestly don't need it because your probably winning, or completely dominating.

The 3rd is just a game of widdling down your opponents resources. Getting triggers, or having attacks that have 1000 power above standard guarding intervals helps.
Pale Moon - Tamer
To be filled in later.

Tricks / Tips / Advanced Plays / Etc Stuff

Competitive play match ups.

Quote:
Section VI. Builds
Experimental Builds - Builds currently getting tested by me or other users. Post up a build if you want it to get added to the OP if it's interesting and not.. well uhh, standard.

Quote:
Creator: Martiachan
Deck: Pale Moon - Swap
[17] Grade 0's
[14] Grade 1's
[12] Grade 2's
[7] Grade 3's
[4] Critical Trigger
[4] Stand Trigger
[4] Heal Trigger
[4] Draw Trigger

Updated: Jan / 19 / 2011

[17] Grade 0's
[1] Underworld Manager
[4] Dynamite Juggler
[4] Hoop Magician
[4] Rainbow Magician
[4] Sweet Pierrot

[14] Grade 1's
[4] Midnight Bunny
[4] Purple Trapezist
[4] Skull Juggler
[2] Underworld Hypnotist

[12] Grade 2's
[4] Big League Bear
[4] Mirror Demon
[4] Nitro Juggler

[7] Grade 3's
[4] Nightmare Doll, Alice
[3] Mistress Hurricane

Deck: Pale Moon - Prinny
Creator: 3XXXDDD
[17] Grade 0's
[14] Grade 1's
[12] Grade 2's
[7] Grade 3's
[4] Critical Trigger
[4] Stand Trigger
[4] Heal Trigger
[4] Draw Trigger

Updated: 1/3/12

[17]
[1] Luck Pigeon
[4] Hoop Magician
[4] Dynamite Juggler
[4] Sweet Pierrot
[4] Rainbow Magician

[14]
[4] Turquoise Beast Tamer
[4] Purple Trapezist
[4] Midnight Bunny
[2] Underworld Hypnotist

[12]
[4] Crimson Beast Tamer
[4] Barking Cerberus
[4] Mirror Demon

[7]
[4] Barking Manticore
[3] Nightmare Doll Alice

Focusing less on speed
Focusing more on power/consistency
Quote:
Section VII. Match-ups against other Clans
Quote:
Section VIII. Hybrids
Quote:
Section IX. Future Releases
This is the support we can look forward too.

Quote:
Pale Moon:
Mistress Hurricane
Grade 3/10000 Power
-Continuous [V]: If you have 8 or more <<Pale Moon>> in your Soul, this unit gains +1000.
-Auto: [Counterblast 2] When this unit enters the Vanguard Circle, you may pay the cost. If you do, call one <<Pale Moon>> unit from your Soul to a Rearguard Circle.

Skyhigh Walker
Grade 0 Stand Trigger/4000 Power/10000 Shield
-Activate [R]: [Send this unit to Soul] If you have a <<Pale Moon> Vanguard, you may pay the cost. If you do, unflip one damage.

Big League Bear
Grade 2/8000 Power/5000 Shield
-When this unit is sent from the Guardian Circle to the Drop Zone, and you have a <<Pale Moon>> Vanguard, you may Soul Charge 2.
Quote:
Section X. Conclusion
Quote:
Section XI. Credits
Martiachan - Writer of the Pale Moon Guide

Special Thanks to
3XXXDDD - Informing me of the character that used Pale Moon in the anime.
And you... For Reading though this entire thing and showing your support.

Quote:
Section XII. Updates
Dec/28/2011
-Updated Opinion on
-Mirror Demon
-Nitro Juggler
-Hungry Pierrot

Dec/29/2011
Updated Opinion on
-Hungry Pierrot
-Mirror Demon

Added Personal Deck on Pale Moon - Swap.
Edited Introduction.

Dec/30/2011

Added Table of Contents
Added Section Dividers
Added Future Support

Jan/1/2011

Added / Updated Section IV

Jan/9/2011

Updated Grade I cards.

Last edited by Martiachan : 02-27-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Martiachan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:21 PM   #2
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

DeltaX is on a distinguished road

Just a note on Robert. His effect is at the beginning of your Main Phase, which is after your Ride Phase therefore you use his skill the same turn you ride with him.

Last edited by DeltaX : 12-26-2011 at 05:24 PM.
DeltaX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 05:26 PM   #3
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XXXDDD View Post
Just a note on Robert. His effect is at the beginning of your Main Phase, which is after your Ride Phase therefore you use his skill the same turn you ride with him.
Ah, that's... news to me. I still need to read a rule book fully. I'll get to that eventually.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:34 PM   #4
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiachan View Post
Ah, that's... news to me. I still need to read a rule book fully. I'll get to that eventually.
Yeah. Common mistake, I only ever noticed when someone mentioned it to me on Byond.

For reference sake turn is

Stand Phase - Draw Phase - Ride Phase (Riding Vanguard here) - Main Phase (Calling Rear Guards) - Battle Phase - End Phase.
Old 12-26-2011, 05:36 PM   #5
Eien
Banned Moderator

Eien is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martiachan View Post
All the soul charge abilities are like that. It's something a lot of people commonly mistake.
Eien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 02:26 PM   #6
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

I'd be much more inspired to update this more when the server doesn't troll me every time.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:46 PM   #7
CRIMSON BLITZ_91

CRIMSON BLITZ_91 is on a distinguished road

i wanna go ahead and commend you for this thread, it is really an appreciated effort, very cool and helpful hub for pale moon users, threads like this are whats gonna help make this more than just a sub-forum! So yeah, nice thread, and pale moon is a very cool clan, lots of pressure with a little brain power, im more of a spike brother user for that purpose, but pale moon is cool lol and those upcoming stand triggers are gonna be disgusting..
CRIMSON BLITZ_91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:18 PM   #8
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Thank you for commenting. I certainly do want to help the Vanguard community. However, I'm not saying I'm much of a expert on Pale Moon, but I'm constantly learning and testing out new builds to see what's the most useful. If I had a better internet, this could be done a lot sooner, but please bare with me until it's done...
Old 12-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #9
Chaz03
LoL Trash

Chaz03 is on a distinguished road

The things that can be done with Alice and Purple Trapezes make me cry
Old 12-28-2011, 06:04 AM   #10
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Updated the guide a bit.
I've been extensively testing out the deck to hopefully provide the best information to you guys once I get experienced with it.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:55 AM   #11
Starblade Phantom
Banned User

Starblade Phantom is on a distinguished road

Subbing just because
Starblade Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 03:03 PM   #12
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Now that I feel like I got a lot more experienced with the deck, I'll be finishing and editing the whole build. My build changed a lot, but the ratios is fairly similar.

Expect the guide to be formatted like I did for Hungry Pierrot. It'd be nice if you could keep discussions on Pale Moon in here and give me recommendations as well.

Any complaints? Questions? Advice?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Quote:
As a rear guard that you'll always put in the front row, she's un-capable of intercepting, but otherwise she's the ideal choice for tool-boxing. All it needs is one successful attack.
I wouldn't really bother mentioning with this because;

1. No Grade 3 can intercept and once you ride Grade 3, you'll be trying to get your other Grade 3 Units out into the front as well.

2. Most Grade 3 Units are only useful in the front row. There might be exceptions so I feel you should make a point of it to note the exceptions rather than the general.

3. If your going to mention Alice's incapability of intercepting, you could also point out the fact that if she get's a successful attack through, you could always tag into a Grade 2 (such as Mirror Demon) who is capable of intercepting.

The first two points are noting that it seems like a very general thing seen throughout the game. The third is just something I feel you missed.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM   #14
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Sounds good, I'll keep it in mind. I was planning on editing every monster/creature in time so I hope you look forward to it. Thanks for your comments and displaying interest.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:52 PM   #15
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Well you pretty much defeated my Pale Moon clan discussion, so I might as well help this one grow instead. Currently one of my favourite themes.

Yeah, I wasn't planning on anymore suggestions/criticisms until it was finished anyway.

Last edited by DeltaX : 12-29-2011 at 03:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 03:57 PM   #16
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Sorry, about that, heheh....

Well, have you ever tried out the Tamer build? I could really use opinions on cards that I have yet to test. Like Jumping Jill for example.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:03 PM   #17
Chaz03
LoL Trash

My deck is near completed except it will never fully be because I am not paying for Purple Trapeze
Old 12-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #18
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

No bother, as long as the OP isn't too lazy to finish to guide then I don't mind at all!

I have no real experience with the tamer build. Outside of the Vanguard, it hits 20K max. It would definitely need some of the Tag Units to help put pressure on your opponent or so I would believe to make the most of that 20k.

I mean, if your looking for Raw power, you should be focusing more on a clan like Paladins or Nova Grapplers. In my opinion anyway.

Update:
In Retrospect of this post, I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to a Tamer Build. 11 with a 9k boost is still insane.

By the way,
Asaka Narumi (of FFAL4) is the user of Pale Moon

Last edited by DeltaX : 12-29-2011 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:10 PM   #19
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3XXXDDD View Post
No bother, as long as the OP isn't too lazy to finish to guide then I don't mind at all!

I have no real experience with the tamer build. Outside of the Vanguard, it hits 20K max. It would definitely need some of the Tag Units to help put pressure on your opponent or so I would believe to make the most of that 20k.

I mean, if your looking for Raw power, you should be focusing more on a clan like Paladins or Nova Grapplers. In my opinion anyway.
I am rather lazy, but don't worry. If I ever become that lazy, I'll either pick it up eventually or give someone else the job.

I don't have experience with the Tamer Build either, but the other Grade 3's has to have some use.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:12 PM   #20
Chaz03
LoL Trash

My Pale Moon build runs 4 of each Tamer except Golden. Its wicked good especially with PT and Alice. When the new cards get added to Byond, I am very excited to try it out because its going to be crazy. My deck usually focuses around lots more Soul Charging than usual, so no 8K Vanilla G1 and things like Jumping Jill, Starting Presenter, Hungry Perriot, Elephant Juggler etc are too slow and situation-based. Using 4 Skull and Nitro Juggler is easy and quick as its a guaranteed Soul Charge. On the other hand, so much doesn't really do a substantial amount for me besides putting CBT in the soul for the extra 3K. I am waiting for an Amon for Pale Moon or another unit that takes full advantage of all the cards in the soul.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:28 PM   #21
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Well looking at the Grade 3's (ignoring Alice, Robert)

We have

Quote:
Barking Manticore
Grade 3/10K
Continuous (V): During your turn, if you have (Crimson Beast Tamer) in your Soul, this Unit gains +3000 Power.
Auto: When this Unit is called to the Vanguard Circle, Draw 1 card, and choose 1 from your Hand and send it to Soul.
&

Quote:
Golden Beast Tamer
Continuous (V/R): Restraint (This Unit cannot attack)
Activate (V/R): (Soul Blast (3)) During that turn this Unit loses its (Restraint).
Continuous (V): During your Turn, your Pale Moon Rearguards in the Front Row gain +3000 Power.
Auto (V): When this Unit appears in the Vanguard Circle, select 1 <<Palemoon>> <Chimera> in your Soul, and call it to the Rearguard.

Manticore boosted by a Turquoise both backed up by Crimson in the soul does come out as a nice 22K for the Vanguard. His Soul-stacking ability is nice as well. Letting you stuff a Tag Unit or Crimson into the Soul.

First time I looked at Golden, I thought it was bloody awful, then I inspected more, It was alright and now that I've looked at it again it's pretty useful.

You have a Crimson in your soul, so now your Rear-Guard Crimson is at 11, add a boost from a 9k Turquoise and they are now at 20K. Add the final 3k from your Golden, and they are at 23K against your standard Grade 3's, that will force at least 2 Cards/15000 Shield per Rear Guard.

However again, Royal Paladins simply do it better with Palamedes + Marron without the need for any cards in the soul or restricting your Vanguard's attacks.

Last edited by DeltaX : 12-29-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:41 PM   #22
Martiachan
Kochiya Sanae.

Looking at Mirror Demon can it tag out more then simply Pale Moon's? If so, we should definitely consider Hybriding. That way we might also find some usage for the other Grade 3's.
Old 12-29-2011, 04:48 PM   #23
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

I think that's a typo

"Choose 1 that's not [Mirror Demon]"

Choose 1 one what? They didn't ascribe a quality to that quantity so I'm assuming it got lost in translation and means 1 [Pale Moon]
Old 12-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #24
FelGrand

FelGrand is on a distinguished road

Most decks with at least 4 draw triggers run 4 Nullifiers at best.
FelGrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
DeltaX
LRNING2PROBABLITY

Wouldn't 4 Nullifiers be a bit overkill? Especially since each piece of damage is so useful for this deck?

It likely doesn't matter anyway, I'm sure that'll be swapped out for once when get our second stand trigger in BT05 (Skyhigh Walker)

Also, someone else using 4 Alice, 3 Robert! I thought everybody disagreed with me on that. Infact your build is a copy of mine card-for-card with the exception of me running Barking Cerburus instead of Hungry Pierrot.

Last edited by DeltaX : 12-29-2011 at 07:56 PM.