PDA

View Full Version : Synchro with Xyz monsters?

Rekisen
06-05-2011, 09:33 PM
I know this might be a stupid question but

If you use a tuner and a xyz monster, since the xyz monster does not have a level, would the total level count only go towards the tuner?

An example just for the sake of it would be: level 8 synchro(scrap dragon) with glow-up bulb + an exceed monster (utopia with no more materials maybe?),

The total stars is still 9, and uses 2 non tuner monsters, so wouldn't this be possible?

Or is there a specific ruling that says xyz monsters cannot be used as synchro material at all? According to yugioh wikia

An Xyz Monster's Rank is not its Level. Xyz Monsters do not have levels. Therefore, they cannot be used for Synchro, Ritual, or Xyz Summons.

But this seems its refering to the fact they don't have a level, so I think they mean you can't use its rank as a level for a synchro.

Sorry if this is obviously wrong, I never heard anything about yet.

Tsun
06-05-2011, 09:35 PM
I'd say yes, and follow it up with a "I just don't see why you'd want to."

The zombie guy
06-05-2011, 09:36 PM
You cannot synchro with XYZ's.

Additional Comment:

Actually it is possible I suppose.

Donovantx8
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Makes sense in theory, but highly doubt it.

Tsun
06-05-2011, 09:37 PM
You cannot synchro with XYZ's.

Additional Comment:

Actually it is possible I suppose.

Wait, is the question using Synchros as Exceed material, or using Exceeds as Synchro material?

You can use Synchros as Exceed material. Not the other way around.

However, I would argue that you COULD use Exceeds toward Synchros, but they wouldn't count toward the star-count.

Rekisen
06-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I'd say yes, and follow it up with a "I just don't see why you'd want to."

The example I posted obviously isn't the best one, if this is possible, I'm sure someone else could possible come up with a better scenario

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:38 PM
I'm going to go with yes
XYZs use Rank, so it wouldn't contribute to the amount of Levels towards a synchro, so it'd probobly could be used as a Non-Tuner Monster. I Suppose this would would only help if you need to Synchro with 2 Non Tuners. So Say you want to Synchro a Gale and Chaos Sorcerer for Trishula, put it an XYZ and Boom.

Elliot Gale
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Xyz monsters are not level 0; they have no level at all. Synchro monsters require adding the levels of two or more monsters together, so it naturally follows that you can't use an Xyz monster as a Synchro Material since there is no level to add.

Rekisen
06-05-2011, 09:39 PM
I'm going to go with no

XYZs use Rank, so it wouldn't contribute to the amount of Levels towards a synchro, so it'd probobly could be used as a Non-Tuner Monster. I Suppose this would would only help if you need to Synchro with 2 Non Tuners. So Say you want to Synchro a Gale and Chaos Sorcerer for Trishula, put it an XYZ and Boom.

That IS what i'm talking about

However, I would argue that you COULD use Exceeds toward Synchros, but they wouldn't count toward the star-count.

That is what I'm talking about, just using them as a non-tuner so you can synchro into things that require 2 or more non-tuners like trishula

The zombie guy
06-05-2011, 09:40 PM
Xyz monsters are not level 0; they have no level at all. Synchro monsters require adding the levels of two or more monsters together, so it naturally follows that you can't use an Xyz monster as a Synchro Material since there is no level to add.

You can use level down and synchro with plaguespreader. I have done this.

youhaveaface
06-05-2011, 09:41 PM
you could do Life Stream + an Xyz for any generic level 8...

Elliot Gale
06-05-2011, 09:42 PM

I assume you mean Demotion. Plaguespreader becomes level 1 in that scenario, not level 0, and as I mentioned, Xyz monsters are not level 0; they are completely level-less. They may not interact with any cards that involve the use of levels whatsoever.

They cannot be targeted with Demotion and similar cards.

They cannot be tributed for a Ritual Summon.

They cannot be used as Synchro Materials.

They cannot be counted for The Calculator.

They cannot be affected by Gravity Bind.

The list goes on.

Overlap
06-05-2011, 09:44 PM

No one's saying you can't lower levels, there's just no "Level 0". The lowest a monster's level can go is 1, and anything lower is cheating.

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Just because they have no levels doesn't mean you can't synchro them. They'd just contribute 0 Stars. For Instance, Stardust and Generic Synchros say "1 Tuner + 1 Or More Non-Tuner Monster

XYZs meet that requirement of "1 Or More Non-Tuner Monster" It just wont contribute any stars. That being said. You could do something like: Plague Spreader and an XYZ for Formula Synchron.

Rekisen
06-05-2011, 09:46 PM
I assume you mean Demotion. Plaguespreader becomes level 1 in that scenario, not level 0, and as I mentioned, Xyz monsters are not level 0; they are completely level-less. They may not interact with any cards that involve the use of levels whatsoever.

The list goes on.

This does sound more correct and logical, but can you post an official source saying that they can't interract with the use of levels?

Sorry I'm just asking this out of curiousity

Overlap
06-05-2011, 09:46 PM
you could do Life Stream + an Xyz for any generic level 8...

If you have the materials to summon Life Stream Dragon, why not just get the Level 8 you want in the first place?

Elliot Gale
06-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Everyone doubting this really ought to take a look at the Japanese FAQ for Xyz monsters. If you're not willing to, then wait for the Starter Deck to debut in the TCG.

Until then, I'm going to laugh at you.

Jingrock
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Xyz do not have levels. They are not level 0.

They can't interact with mechanics or cards that require levels

Also no monsters in practical situations can reach level 0

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:48 PM
Levels or No Levels, it meets the written requirement of "1 or More Non-Tuner Monsters"

I'm Just basing this off of Reasoning

Maltrab26
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM

The list goes on.

this is exactly how Xyz work, they aren't level 0. They have no level therefor cannot be used with anything involving a level

Reapex
06-05-2011, 09:49 PM
1 + (1/0) = ...

Figure that one out.

Jingrock
06-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Levels or No Levels, it meets the written requirement of "1 or More Non-Tuner Monsters"

No levels obviously does not meet the requirements of a synchro summon. Fairly obvious

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:52 PM
1 + (1/0) = Holy *****

Figure that one out.

Answered that for ya :D

Additional Comment:

No levels obviously does not meet the requirements of a synchro summon. Fairly obvious

a Synchro summon requires the amount of stars, adding a 0 just keeps the number the same.

Overlap
06-05-2011, 09:52 PM

You need to go by the reasoning "Xyz monsters don't have a level, and therefore can't be used by anything involving levels".

Elliot Gale
06-05-2011, 09:53 PM
Xyz do not have levels. They are not level 0.

They can't interact with mechanics or cards that require levels

Also no monsters in practical situations can reach level 0

No monsters in any situation can reach level 0, actually. Even a level 1 WATER monster under the effect of A Legendary Ocean remains level 1.

Your reasoning is flawed on the basis that Synchro Summoning requires you to add the levels of monsters together (you can even confirm that with your rule book!).

But let's put this another way, since you might be more mathematically inclined.

3L + 5L = 8L
But
3L + 5L + 4R = 8L4R, not the 8L you're somehow picturing.

PsychicKid
Holy **** Pojo are you guys really this stupid? Listen to Elliot, listen to Jingrock, and read this: http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=en&tid=61300&event=FE0006

Can't read it? Too bad. That means you don't have access to Xyz monsters so it doesn't matter to you right now. Read it when they come out here when it actually matters.

Yes, I mad. Mad at how dumb some of you are.

Black-Buster-Soldier
Everyone doubting this really ought to take a look at the Japanese FAQ for Xyz monsters. If you're not willing to, then wait for the Starter Deck to debut in the TCG.

This thread is full of dreamers. So I'll quote this in hopes some of those dreamers see it this time.

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
It Just makes sense to me adding nothing on would add to the amount of non-tuners and that's it. It just makes sense to me. It'd also make sense the other way however.

Black-Buster-Soldier
06-05-2011, 09:54 PM
Holy **** Pojo are you guys really this stupid? Listen to Elliot, listen to Jingrock, and read this: http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=en&tid=61300&event=FE0006

Can't read it? Too bad, read it when they come out here when it actually matters.

Also QFE !!!!

Jingrock
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
a Synchro summon requires the amount of stars, adding a 0 just keeps the number the same.

What part of
They are not level zero
Do you not get?

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM

Can't read it? Too bad. That means you don't have access to Xyz monsters so it doesn't matter to you right now. Read it when they come out here when it actually matters.

Translates too: Cant use XYZs for Synchros

Additional Comment:

What part of
They are not level zero
Do you not get?

Excuse me, Adding NOTHING. :D

Elliot Gale
06-05-2011, 09:57 PM
3L + 5L = 8L
But

I feel like reiterating this for anyone else who might not be getting it.

PsychicKid
06-05-2011, 09:58 PM
I feel like reiterating this for anyone else who might not be getting it.

And I feel like reposting this just for the hell of it:

http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=en&tid=61300&event=FE0006

Jingrock
06-05-2011, 09:59 PM
No monsters in any situation can reach level 0, actually. Even a level 1 WATER monster under the effect of A Legendary Ocean remains level 1.

I was thinking more along the lines of Ante and Magical Hats but they're not really monsters.

090Death
06-05-2011, 09:59 PM

For the Hell of It a Rough Translation:

Q: can you use XYZs to Synchro?

A: No

Elliot Gale
06-05-2011, 10:00 PM
Every post is a repost!

090Death
Every post is a repost!

C-C-COMBO BREAKER

PsychicKid
Every post is a repost!

Welcome to Pojo.

Rekisen
06-05-2011, 10:01 PM

Ok thank you, this is the reply I was looking for. Most people tend to post without official proof/source, but you provided what I wanted, thank you.

Black-Buster-Soldier
For the Hell of It a Rough Translation:

Q: can you use XYZs to Synchro?

A: No

Your reasoning is flawed on the basis that Synchro Summoning requires you to add the levels of monsters together (you can even confirm that with your rule book!).

But let's put this another way, since you might be more mathematically inclined.

3L + 5L = 8L
But
Quoted to make sure people read these.

Elliot Gale
Welcome to Pojo.

Did you mean: Welcome to the Internet?

PsychicKid
06-05-2011, 10:03 PM
http://yugioh.faq.konami.jp/EokpControl?&lang=en&tid=61300&event=FE0006 英語版

Q: Xyz mosnter cards are indicated by Rank, so since they don't have a Level, is it possible to use this Xyz monster as Synchro material for a Synchro summon?

A: Xyz monsters are indicated by Rank, and not Level.
Therefore, Xyz monsters cannot be used as Synchro material for a Synchro summon.

090Death
06-05-2011, 10:07 PM
Well, now that's the end of the thread... Uh..

Redshift
06-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Lol, people thinking Levels can go below 1.

Khepri
06-05-2011, 10:11 PM
Soooooo is that a Yes or a No ? TROLOLOLOL

Redshift
06-05-2011, 10:13 PM
No, you most certainly cannot use Xyz Monsters as Synchro Materials.

PsychicKid
06-05-2011, 10:14 PM
No, you most certainly cannot use Xyz Monsters as Synchro Materials.

Son you done got juked.

Khepri
06-05-2011, 10:15 PM
OM NOM NOM...That was so good.

Glad-Crystal
06-05-2011, 10:36 PM
Answered that for ya :D

Additional Comment:

Xyz monsters have no level. Its not there. They cant be tuned with for a synchro. its not adding a 0. tuning a lv 1 tuner to a lv x monster and an Xyz monster would be the equation of 1+(x)+?
if they had a level of 0, why would they be ruled as having NO level?
The Xyz's having a lv of 0 and of not having a lv are two diffrent things.

ArcticPenguin
06-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Guysguysguysguys.

Think of it like this.

Levels are apples.

Ranks are bananas.

Stardust Dragon needs 8 apples to summon.

You can't use bananas to summon it.

._.

NxtGen21
06-05-2011, 11:25 PM
Just because they have no levels doesn't mean you can't synchro them. They'd just contribute 0 Stars. For Instance, Stardust and Generic Synchros say "1 Tuner + 1 Or More Non-Tuner Monster

XYZs meet that requirement of "1 Or More Non-Tuner Monster" It just wont contribute any stars. That being said. You could do something like: Plague Spreader and an XYZ for Formula Synchron.

Read the rule book, yes you have to meet that one requirement for synvrhos but also the other requirements as the level or 2 or more monsters, since exceeds do not have levels they have ranks they cannot be used as synchro material monsters, no matter which way you look at it.

090Death
06-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Yes I understand the concept it's been repeated many times over.

Btw NxtGen, that Playmat is badass.

blastedmagician
06-06-2011, 12:00 AM
the level of xyz is 1/0

MythIntoLegend
06-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Hey, just because it doesn't say something obviously means we can do it right guys? Just like special summoning Dark Armed from the graveyard when you have 3 darks!! Pro logic right there

Khepri
06-06-2011, 02:42 AM
Guysguysguysguys.

Think of it like this.

Levels are apples.

Ranks are bananas.

Stardust Dragon needs 8 apples to summon.

You can't use bananas to summon it.

._.

Oh man now there is going to be people making apple/banana pies, then they ll come in this thread saying "are you sure you cant?"

WHAT HAVE YOU WROUGHT!?

Additional Comment:

the level of xyz is 1/0

LISTEN FOR ONE LAST EFFING TIME!

XYZ HAVE RANKS! NOT LEVELS!

Jesus Christ...

DarwinDawkins09
06-06-2011, 02:51 AM
After reading through all of this thread I still have two unanswered questions that came to mind as soon as I read the thread title.

Why isn't this in the Q&A/OCG section?

Why hasn't this been locked?

Khepri
06-06-2011, 02:55 AM
Because we all like apple/banana pies?

*shrugs*

Brightshine
06-06-2011, 03:04 AM
After reading through all of this thread I still have two unanswered questions that came to mind as soon as I read the thread title.

Why isn't this in the Q&A/OCG section?

Why hasn't this been locked?

question no.3

How come a question thread manage to reach 3 pages? (Not to mention the question is the one with obvious answer.....)

Laosk
06-06-2011, 03:54 AM

3L + 5L = 8L
But

Actually that's bad maths, think algebra, 3x + 4x + 1y + 4y = 7x + 5y. not 7x5y. Therefore that equation should be, 3L + 5L + 4R = 8L + 4R, lrn to maths

Additional Comment:

question no.3

How come a question thread manage to reach 3 pages? (Not to mention the question is the one with obvious answer.....)

How did this reach 3 pages in 6 hours, and Inb4 lock

TheKingOfCards
06-06-2011, 04:01 AM
IT'S NOT XYZ IT'S EXCEED!!!! the nice people at Konami where smoking some serious weed when they changed it to XYZ what the hell were they thinking lol

but anyways EXCEEDs don't have levels.
An Xyz Monster's Rank is not its Level. Xyz Monsters do not have levels. Therefore, they cannot be used for Synchro, Ritual, or Xyz Summons.
so their for cannot be used for synchro summoning, effected by Gravity Bind etc.

Raida
06-06-2011, 04:29 AM
Actually that's bad maths, think algebra, 3x + 4x + 1y + 4y = 7x + 5y. not 7x5y. Therefore that equation should be, 3L + 5L + 4R = 8L + 4R, lrn to maths

Additional Comment:

How did this reach 3 pages in 6 hours, and Inb4 lock

actually, they are not even in the same dimension. it's like adding the vectors (x,y) and (a,b,c), which is impossible.

RiderLeangle
06-06-2011, 04:37 AM
This topic scares me about how the population is getting... that's it.. humans are done...

Why do I get the feeling the people who still don't get it are going to try to overlay for XYZ-Dragon Cannon just because it says "XYZ" and they're going to think it's an Exceed...

The Devils Avatar
06-06-2011, 04:45 AM
IT'S NOT XYZ IT'S EXCEED!!!! the nice people at Konami where smoking some serious weed when they changed it to XYZ what the hell were they thinking lolYou are not a highly-educated individual, are you?

And because I am, I shall provide a list, for your convenience (and that of any other who may care).

1. It's Xyz, not XYZ. Capitals aren't hard to use correctly, believe it or not.
2. Nothing was changed. Exceeds came about due to it being about the only thing that the translators could come up with from the Japanese characters, but it was never the actual name.
3. It is, in fact, Xyz and not Exceeds (indeed, Exceed alone is even further from correct). Yeah, this one's tough. Give it a moment to sink in.

Neonian
06-06-2011, 06:21 AM
question no.3

There is an obvious answer, and that is that XYZs do not have levels and cannot be used as synchro materials because of this.

Black-Buster-Soldier
06-06-2011, 07:03 AM
This topic scares me about how the population is getting... that's it.. humans are done...

Why do I get the feeling the people who still don't get it are going to try to overlay for XYZ-Dragon Cannon just because it says "XYZ" and they're going to think it's an Exceed...

My morning has been made.

TheKingOfCards
06-06-2011, 07:41 AM
You are not a highly-educated individual, are you?

And because I am, I shall provide a list, for your convenience (and that of any other who may care).

1. It's Xyz, not XYZ. Capitals aren't hard to use correctly, believe it or not.
2. Nothing was changed. Exceeds came about due to it being about the only thing that the translators could come up with from the Japanese characters, but it was never the actual name.
3. It is, in fact, Xyz and not Exceeds (indeed, Exceed alone is even further from correct). Yeah, this one's tough. Give it a moment to sink in.
you sir are a ****wit that is all

The Devils Avatar
06-06-2011, 07:59 AM
I am defenseless 'fore your rapier wit.

delpos
06-06-2011, 09:32 AM
IT'S NOT XYZ IT'S EXCEED!!!!

It was never Exceed to begin with, it was just that people needed a similar-sounding term to use until an Appropriate English equivalent was officially given.

aminaocha
06-06-2011, 10:00 AM
omg. xyz doesnt have level, so it cant go synchro. but sychro can go xyz.