PDA

View Full Version : Convulsion of Nature = massive draws.

SInge
04-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Convulsion of Nature
Cont. Spell
As long as this card remains face-up on the field, both players must turn their respective Decks upside down and continue the current Duel.

Archfiend's Oath
Cont. Spell
Once per turn you can pay 500 Life Points to declare 1 card name. Pick up the top card from your Deck and if the card name is the one you declared, add it to your hand. If not, send the card you picked up to the Graveyard.

Both players play with their deck face-up Archfiend's Oath become a +1 each turn.

Well now there will be a new player to the combo.

Gishki Diviner
Water/Sea Serpent/3/1200/800/Effect
Once per turn, you can declare a card name, then reveal the top card of your Deck. If it is the declared card, add it to your hand. If not, return it to the top of your Deck.

Archfiend's Oath in monster form.

Even if Convulsion of Nature isn't out, you can still use Gishki Diviner effect to check the top card of the deck. If you call it wrong, then use Archfiend's Oath to draw it.

Gishki Chain also plays well for revealing the next 3 cards.

TeslaMouse
04-15-2011, 01:42 PM
Not bad .

Viperkyle
04-15-2011, 01:45 PM
Seems doable, but inconsistent. And you're having to pay 500 for oaths effect, which can add to a lot.

Draon
04-15-2011, 01:48 PM
i used this when i just got back into the game. freekin halarious if you can get it off

Valafar123
04-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Another useless +1 engine? Great, just what we needed. To the pile of crap that nobody uses.

footfoe
04-15-2011, 01:51 PM
lol i know someone that runs Convulsion in infernities.

The card is just lulzy, there are combos with it. I think it's even involved in an otk with Reversal Quiz or something.

an otk sounds a little better than a sacky +1 every turn.

SInge
04-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Convulsion of Nature gives a look on the opponent's next draw.

Archfiend's Oath doubles as two things.

Draw the card or dump it into the graveyard.

Gishki Diviner can be fetched easily by Mother Grizzly and Salvage.

If the whole setup goes off perfect, the player can max out at 6 card draws a turn.

Reversal Quiz also works perfectly with Diviner.

2 Gishki Diviner or 1 Gishki Diviner with Archfiend's Oath is a 1 draw combo each turn.

footfoe
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
they all say once per turn... where are you getting 6?

Valafar123
04-15-2011, 01:56 PM
lol i know someone that runs Convulsion in infernities.

The card is just lulzy, there are combos with it. I think it's even involved in an otk with Reversal Quiz or something.

an otk sounds a little better than a sacky +1 every turn.

Bring them to me. I shall publicly execute them.

SInge
04-15-2011, 02:09 PM
they all say once per turn... where are you getting 6?

1 Convulsion of Nature to flip the deck.

3 Archfiend Oath

3 G. Diviner.

Activate each effect separate to draw a card. A player can get +6 each turn with this setup in the perfect conditions.

However in general +2 can be more common.

TeslaMouse
04-15-2011, 02:12 PM
That's too inconsistent to be used. Not a bad idea but in practice, it's horrible.

LittLeD
04-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Can you reveal already revealed cards though? Isn't this the same ruling as with Kua'ki not being able to reveal a monster if Cermonial Bell is on the field?

Titus0
04-15-2011, 02:34 PM
Haha, I remember Archfiend/Convulsions combo being mentioned by Pojo writer, Tebezu WAAAYYYY back when, like 4-5 years ago (I was in 8th grade...now I'm a first-year student in college haha time flies).

He built some weird Hamon deck with this engine. Looked fun casually and maybe decent at locals.

If someone builds this, I'd like to see them throw in Hamon, Lord of Striking Thunder just for the lolz

Stormweaver
04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Can you reveal already revealed cards though? Isn't this the same ruling as with Kua'ki not being able to reveal a monster if Cermonial Bell is on the field?

technically convulsion doesn't reveal cards - the top card on both players deck is still treated as being 'hidden' as far as the game is concerned. Rulings for cards that have a cost of sending the top card of the deck to the grave while D.Fish is face up supports it.

I think.

StrikeCommander000
04-15-2011, 06:51 PM
Seems doable, but inconsistent. And you're having to pay 500 for oaths effect, which can add to a lot.

Inconsistency? There's a Duality for that. You could do some crazy ****/w RML and possibly Tempest Magician.

Boots
04-15-2011, 07:14 PM
You can run Deepsea Diva to search and summon Diviner from the deck.

Metasnake88
04-15-2011, 09:36 PM
You could set Deep Diver to place Diviner on top of the deck then draw it with Oath then use it's effect and draw again.

bwinggale
04-15-2011, 10:38 PM
Another useless +1 engine? Great, just what we needed. To the pile of crap that nobody uses.
Totally sigging this.

blackdragon85
04-15-2011, 11:21 PM
convulsion combos are too inconsistent to use in a deck unless its some type of OTK type deck.

The_Dark_Monarch
04-15-2011, 11:43 PM
It seems like a good idea and I remember it being used in Reversal Quiz decks....but what decks are around now that can use this card/combo to the fullest potential?

MATT001
04-16-2011, 02:56 AM
Convulsion of Nature does not work with Reversal Quiz. The cost of Reversal Quiz sends it to the Graveyard, flipping the Deck back over again before one guesses the top card for Reversal Quiz.

Dantesinferno
04-16-2011, 11:09 AM
No, but it works with Gishiki

Additional Comment:

Plus it does indirectly work with Convulsion of Nature with the inclusion of D.D. Diamond Dude.

Convulsion of Nature -> Diamond Dude-> reveal its not a spell card, send it to bottom of the deck(top), then play Reversal Quiz because you now know the card.

blackdragon85
04-16-2011, 11:12 PM
The Reversal Quiz deck is like 95% spells so you probably won't guess wrong

Notheso
04-16-2011, 11:23 PM
Maybe this combo can be more usable now since there is another Archfiend's Oath. So those novelty decks can be a little better.

But seriously, what kind of mainstream deck would bother with even a 2 card combo for a extra draw? It is too inconsistent to just throw into any deck. It is best reserved for those bizarre decks that can benefit from it. Not saying that it is particularly bad, but I don't think it will make a huge difference in the main meta.

Of course, Tier 1 isn't everything, and it makes those decks that already use this combo more consistent. But it doesn't create an entirely new decktype since it essentially is a monster version of Archfiend's Oath.

Ynottony
04-16-2011, 11:28 PM
I remember doing this in Life Equalizer OTK

Ramtheshiz
04-22-2011, 09:45 PM
This would make an exodia deck super broken

yetimilk
04-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Problem is, if you are running these cards, than those +1s probably suck and will get you no where.

StrikeCommander000
04-22-2011, 10:13 PM
I retain that w/Duality and Upstart, it would make a pretty cool Tempest OTK.

Dantesinferno
04-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Problem is, if you are running these cards, than those +1s probably suck and will get you no where.

I'd like to respectfully disagree with you. You draw a @#$@#ton then have all the support you would need. Those +1s can easily be Trapshoot, Mind Crush, Warning, Solemn, Duality, etc. Then you troll your opponent with a Hamon from nowhere.

BennehFishle
04-26-2011, 11:42 AM
I got an idea. Play Hard-sellin' Zombie without CoN on the field. Attack your opponent with a few monsters, putting useless cards from their graveyard on the bottom of their deck. In the Main phase 2, play Convulsion. Now, all of the useless cards on the bottom of the deck are at the top, and are probably limiting the opponent's moves.

There are, of course, several downsides to this strategy, the first and most obvious being that you have to play Hard-sellin' Zombie in your deck. That said, HSZ isn't entirely useless outside of the combo, being able to get cards out of your opponent's grave isn't too bad.

When the combo activates, there are two major problems. First, if Convulsion is removed from the field, the decks are flipped upside-down again, and the useless cards are put back to the bottom. Also, if the opponent shuffles their deck at any point during the combo, it is pretty much pointless.

Any thoughts on HSZ? You guys will probably think it's useless, but could it possibly be of any use to a Convulsion deck at all?

stinkylinkz
04-26-2011, 02:03 PM
convulsion combos are too inconsistent to use in a deck unless its some type of OTK type deck.

1st turn exodia. I use to use convulsions in that back in the day. It's pretty wild to be honest.

But yeah, competitively, not that great.

Wario
04-27-2011, 01:48 AM
I remember doing this in Life Equalizer OTK

Yep. Me too! It was really blaaaaaargh. X: But funny!

stinkylinkz
04-27-2011, 06:20 AM
Yep. Me too! It was really blaaaaaargh. X: But funny!

That card is the reason I run my Magical Explosion OTK :o It's not half bad honestly.