PDA

View Full Version : Details of Book of Moon

ThahasaurusRex
01-28-2011, 11:23 PM
I've been at debate with my team mates about how Book of Moon is used. After several weeks I've come to hear that

1. Monsters can still be flipped face up in the same turn if booked

. . . Okay, that's really the only big question I have haha.

But I'm asking the Pojo community now how Book of Moon works in full detail, so that I can go to the tournaments knowing how to really play Book of Moon

In Russia, moon books you!

Pravinoz
01-28-2011, 11:24 PM
I've been at debate with my team mates about how Book of Moon is used. After several weeks I've come to hear that

1. Monsters can still be flipped face up in the same turn if booked

. . . Okay, that's really the only big question I have haha.

But I'm asking the Pojo community now how Book of Moon works in full detail, so that I can go to the tournaments knowing how to really play Book of Moon

In Russia, moon books you!

The monster can be flipped face-up, just not manually. You must do so with a card effect. Remember how you can't flip summon a monster you just set this turn? Just about the same mechanic going on here...

gateguardian44
01-28-2011, 11:39 PM
There are 3 conditions where you CANNOT flip the monster back up if it has been flipped down with Book of Moon, follow the basic rules really...

1. If the monster was summoned that turn...

2. If that monster has declared an attack...

3. If that monster has already performed a manual battle position change...

ThahasaurusRex
01-28-2011, 11:44 PM
So if my opponent has a monster that was summoned in a previous turn, and I book it, my opponent can flip it back face up? Wouldn't the Book of Moon count as changing the battle position?

gateguardian44
01-28-2011, 11:50 PM
So if my opponent has a monster that was summoned in a previous turn, and I book it, my opponent can flip it back face up? Wouldn't the Book of Moon count as changing the battle position?

Yes because it wasn't summoned that turn...

3. If that monster has already performed a manual battle position change...

Manual as you making the decision to change its battle position... Technically it still is a battle position change, just not MANUAL...

Pravinoz
01-28-2011, 11:51 PM

He would be able to change the battle position of that card on the same turn you book'd it. He could use a card like "Book of Taiyou" to flip it up.

Mizzet
01-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Book of Moon does not count as manually changing the battle position of the monster. Several card effects can change the battle position of a monster in a turn. But there are limitations on whether or not the player can manually change the battle position of a monster during their turn. Such as gateguardian44 has stated.

1. You cannot change the Battle position of a monster if it declared an attack that turn.

2. You cannot change the Battle position of a monster if it was Summoned or Set that turn by the turn player.

3. You cannot change the Battle position of a monster if its Battle position was already changed "manually" that turn.

ThahasaurusRex
01-28-2011, 11:53 PM
Hahah sorry, I didn't descrive the situation clearly enough. If my opponent summons a monster and on his next turn I book the same monster, is he still able to manually change the battle position of said monster?

gateguardian44
01-28-2011, 11:57 PM
YES... As I stated if the monster was summoned THAT TURN you cannot change its battle position manually...

Mizzet
01-28-2011, 11:57 PM
If it did not declare an attack or already had its battle position changed manually. Read the 3 exceptions that have been stated several times.

mtgfreal
01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
yea thanh if u book my monster that wasnt summoned this turn but last, even tho u book it this turn i can still flip it, because Book of Moon is not a manual position change

ThahasaurusRex
01-29-2011, 03:08 AM
YES... As I stated if the monster was summoned THAT TURN you cannot change its battle position manually...

Fine, I'll rephrase the question again. If the monster was summoned a previous turn, and on my opponents next turn, I'll book a monster that was summoned a previous turn, is my opponent still able to flip it. Obviously MTGfreal answered that right above here. Soooooooooooooo there

Navcan
01-29-2011, 03:17 AM
*face palm*

It appears through the usage of abbreviations, from the same answer given repeatedly, he finally got it.

I'll also throw in this little note:

If your opponent special summons a monster on your turn, and you take control of it, you can change it's battle position.

Example:

On your turn, your opponent uses Formula Synchron to make Colossal Fighter in defense mode. Then you play Change of Heart, take it, you can change it to attack position and hit him with it.

Buckethead
01-29-2011, 03:33 AM
Here are just a couple of the many uses Book of Moon can offer to a player;

- Shuts down Synchro Summons (by "booking" the tuner)
- Shuts down addition Special Summons (I.E. X-Sabers, Six Samurai, Blackwings)
- Stops an attack
- Makes Monsters easier to destroy by battle
- Allows you to re-use Flip Effects
- Resets lasting conditions on a Monster (such as Spell Counters, "Negation" effects and special Summoning conditions like Naturia Bamboo shoot)
- Allows you to resolve certain card effects that normally would be negated (such as through Skill Drain, Gladiator Beast Darius and Effect Veiler)
- Allows you to re-use "Once per turn" effects (through flipping the Monster face-down and then back face-up)

Among a couple other mentionable uses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just remember this, the Monster cannot be flipped face-up if;

- it was just Summoned (including Special Summoned and Flip Summoned)
- it has already declared an attack
- you have already manually changed that Monsters Battle Position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By keeping these uses in mind while you are dueling can make or break the duel, in your favor or your opponents.

Personally, I think Book of Moon is one of the best Spell Cards in the game. It has been since Synchro Monsters were introduced.

I hope this helped.

KtSpAz
01-29-2011, 10:06 AM
Here are just a couple of the many uses Book of Moon can offer to a player;

- Shuts down Synchro Summons (by "booking" the tuner)
- Shuts down addition Special Summons (I.E. X-Sabers, Six Samurai, Blackwings)
- Stops an attack
- Makes Monsters easier to destroy by battle
- Allows you to re-use Flip Effects
- Resets lasting conditions on a Monster (such as Spell Counters, "Negation" effects and special Summoning conditions like Naturia Bamboo shoot)
- Allows you to resolve certain card effects that normally would be negated (such as through Skill Drain, Gladiator Beast Darius and Effect Veiler)
- Allows you to re-use "Once per turn" effects (through flipping the Monster face-down and then back face-up)

Among a couple other mentionable uses.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Just remember this, the Monster cannot be flipped face-up if;

- it was just Summoned (including Special Summoned and Flip Summoned)
- it has already declared an attack
- you have already manually changed that Monsters Battle Position.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

By keeping these uses in mind while you are dueling can make or break the duel, in your favor or your opponents.

Personally, I think Book of Moon is one of the best Spell Cards in the game. It has been since Synchro Monsters were introduced.

I hope this helped.

Synchro summons? What happens if the tuner was summoned the turn before?

kazikuro
01-29-2011, 10:11 AM

It CAN shut down Synchro Summons. But in the case a tuner was summoned the previous turn, you can either use "Book of Moon" and target the non-tuner (limiting his Synchro options or just preventing him from performing a Synchro Summon entirely) or just let the Synchro Summon go through.

Buckethead
01-29-2011, 03:15 PM

Sorry, I forgot to include "(if the Tuner was summoned that turn)".