PDA

View Full Version : Who came first, Mew or Arceus?

Justmcnew
02-25-2009, 03:54 AM
Hmmm, tough question really but quite an interesting topic don't you think? Arceus is known as "The Original One" or the Alpha Pokemon, however Mew is said to have created the Pokemon Universe as well.

What do you guys think?

kisame7777
02-25-2009, 07:11 AM
i think arceus came first then created mew which created all the other pokemon

Ice_ghs
02-25-2009, 12:21 PM
The Original One is mew its dna is suppose to be in every pokemon thats why it can learn any attack /TM

PhoenixZeroW
02-25-2009, 12:27 PM
arceus came first, created mew, who all the other pokemon all evolved from.

Agito14
02-25-2009, 12:28 PM
tricky one, but i'd say Mew (insert reason here)

Fox
02-25-2009, 02:20 PM
Arceus is the god of all pokemon and therefor came first. He Created other pokemon and mew was the first.

Think of it this way:

Arceus
|
MEW
| | |
Other pokemon

Mew is like the Adam and Eve all pokemon are its descendents

Ice_ghs
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Arceus is the god of all pokemon and therefor came first. He Created other pokemon and mew was the first.

Think of it this way:

Arceus
|
MEW
| | |
Other pokemon

Mew is like the Adam and Eve all pokemon are its descendents

Mew is the first because it has all pokemons DNA. My theory is that even though its alpha pokemon being a "God" it would no get its self caught.

Anyways Mew was the first pokemon trade marketed

MonsterOfTheLake
02-25-2009, 05:45 PM
251+ are PUI selling out, so Mew came first, and all these new Yugioh/Digimon hybrids can get the **** out

BlackNinjaV6
03-11-2009, 02:49 PM
All of you saying Mew is first because it has the DNA of all pokemon are not looking at this the right way. I'm saying that Arceus came first, created Mew, which means Mew WOULD have Arceus' DNA. Then all other pokemon were born from Mew...

Fox
03-11-2009, 03:34 PM
blackninja is right (cause he said what i said)

FutureTrunksSSJ1
03-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Arceus came first and then Mew. Mew might be able to learn every attack, but Arceus can be any type depending on what plate it has.

RareHunterX
03-14-2009, 12:02 PM
Arceus> Dialga & Palkia> Azelf-Uxie-Mespirit> Then probably Mew

In the beginning, there was only
a churning turmoil of chaos.
At the heart of chaos, where all
things became one, appeared an Egg.
Having tumbled from the vortex, the
Egg gave rise to the Original One.
From itself, two beings the Original
One did make.
Time started to spin.
Space began to expand.
From itself again, three living things
the Original One did make.
The two beings wished, and from them,
matter came to be.
The three living things wished, and
from them, spirit came to be.
The world created, the Original One
took to unyielding sleep...

Kinda hard to figure out. We don't really know where Mew comes into the equation. It would be nice one day, to learn the true History of Mew.

Fox
03-14-2009, 12:13 PM
Arceus> Dialga & Palkia> Azelf-Uxie-Mespirit> Then probably Mew

Kinda hard to figure out. We don't really know where Mew comes into the equation. It would be nice one day, to learn the true History of Mew.

If thast true where do other legendaries fit into the story? Regiggas? ho-oh? Birds? beasts? groudon/kyogre? raquaza? jirachi?

FutureTrunksSSJ1
03-14-2009, 04:34 PM
If thast true where do other legendaries fit into the story? Regiggas? ho-oh? Birds? beasts? groudon/kyogre? raquaza? jirachi?

and what about Mewtwo? he was created by humans.

Fox
03-14-2009, 06:41 PM
mewtwo is a recent pokemon that was made by scientist and he escaped

FutureTrunksSSJ1
03-15-2009, 05:21 PM
mewtwo is a recent pokemon that was made by scientist and he escaped

can u still say Arceus kinda made Mewtwo since Mewtwo is a copy of Mew and has its DNA? Without Arceua, Mew couldn't have been created. Without Mew, Mewtwo couldn't have been created.

Fox
03-15-2009, 05:48 PM
Megamanx3- Arecus created everything with pokemon. He is the pokemon god. Mew is the pokemon adam/eve. Is the closest link to mew so arceus created mewtwo as well, indirectly though.

Statement: Arceus created mew directly. Arceus created all other pokemon indirectly

FutureTrunksSSJ1
03-16-2009, 02:23 PM
Megamanx3- Arecus created everything with pokemon. He is the pokemon god. Mew is the pokemon adam/eve. Is the closest link to mew so arceus created mewtwo as well, indirectly though.

Statement: Arceus created mew directly. Arceus created all other pokemon indirectly

so even though ppl created him, ultimately Arceus created him. Thx. I've been wanting 4 that 2 b cleared up. I thought Arceus wud still be considered the creator of Mewtwo.

Fox
03-16-2009, 03:24 PM
np, if a pokemon is created from another pokemon, arceus made it indirectly.

The only pokemon that does not come from mew or arceus is Porygon and its evolutions. It was created completley from humans

PhoenixZeroW
03-16-2009, 05:21 PM
np, if a pokemon is created from another pokemon, arceus made it indirectly.

The only pokemon that does not come from mew or arceus is Porygon and its evolutions. It was created completley from humans
plus magnemite.

Fox
03-16-2009, 05:44 PM
Flame warp your right

PhoenixZeroW
03-16-2009, 05:50 PM
Yup. No need to tell me that.

Additional Comment:

Technically ,Mew was first

Hydros
03-17-2009, 09:45 PM
How do you figure, "And Magnemite"? Magnemite wasn't created by humans as far as I know.

PhoenixZeroW
03-18-2009, 04:14 PM
yes it was. it said in like red and blue.

Hydros
03-18-2009, 06:11 PM
Oh really?

Red AND Blue Pokedex entries:

Uses antigravity to stay suspended. Appears without warning and uses Thunder Wave and similar moves.

Pokemon Yellow:

It is born with the ability to defy gravity. It floats in air on powerful electromagnetic waves.

Born, not created thanks.

Stadium 1:

Appears as if out of nowhere. It floats using anti-gravity and discharges electricity from two side-mounted units.

Gold/Stadium 2:

It is attracted by electromagnetic waves. It may approach trainers if they are using their PokéGear.

Silver:

The units at the sides of its body generate anti-gravity energy to keep it aloft in the air.

Crystal:

The electricity emitted by the units on each side of its body cause it to become a strong magnet.

Ruby:

Magnemite attaches itself to power lines to feed on electricity. If your house has a power outage, check your circuit breakers. You may find a large number of this Pokémon clinging to the breaker box.

Sapphire:

Magnemite floats in the air by emitting electromagnetic waves from the units at its sides. These waves block gravity. This Pokémon becomes incapable of flight if its internal electrical supply is depleted.

Emerald:

The units at its sides are extremely powerful magnets. They generate enough magnetism to draw in iron objects from over 300 feet away.

Fire Red:

It moves while constantly hovering. It discharges Thunder Wave and so on from the units at its sides.

Leaf Green:

Uses antigravity to stay suspended. Appears without warning and uses Thunder Wave and similar moves.

Diamond/Pearl:

The units at its sides generate electromagnetic waves that keep it airborne. It feeds on electricity.

I CHALLENGE you to find me one bit of proof that Magnemite was created by humans, especially when Yellow's OFFICIAL ENTRY uses the term "born". Also, Magneton and Magnezone's entires show no evidence to support that claim either. Magnemite, Magneton and Magnezone are NOT manmade.

PhoenixZeroW
03-18-2009, 07:25 PM
dude, don't be a ****y ****weed. it says somewhere, i just can't remember.

Hydros
03-18-2009, 07:27 PM

I wasn't, it was an honest challenge. In the famous words...

"Why so serious?"

PhoenixZeroW
03-18-2009, 07:28 PM
its 2 against 1 anyways. and don't copy the joker.

Hydros
03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
How is it 2 against one? You've got no evidence to support your claim that Magnemite was man-made, and neither does anyone else.

PhoenixZeroW
03-18-2009, 07:48 PM
i think it was in this old pokedex book i used to have.

Hydros
03-18-2009, 07:59 PM
>.>

I know what you're talking about, I used to have that book myself. But one book doesn't exactly count as compelling evidence against Yellow's use of the term "born" as opposed to "created".

PhoenixZeroW
03-18-2009, 08:03 PM
born is a relative term, just like in the game it states that mewtwo was "born" from mew.

Hydros
03-18-2009, 08:32 PM
Eh, point taken but there's stilll 0 in-game proof that Magnemite or evolutions thereof were man-made.

PhoenixZeroW
03-18-2009, 08:46 PM
neither of mewtwo, or porygon.

Hydros
03-19-2009, 08:32 AM
Lol?

Pokedex Entry on Pokemon Blue and Red for Mewtwo:

It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.

Emerald:

A Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.

Stadium entry for Porygon:

A man-made Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. It is capable of moving freely in cyberspace.

Silver:

A manmade Pokémon that came about as a result of research. It is programmed with only basic motions.

Seriously man, do the research before making the claims, cuz I can and will open up on you with both Pokedexes :P

Fox
03-19-2009, 02:02 PM
Additional Comment:

Technically ,Mew was first

No he wasnt, and by the way I looked it up and magnamite infact is not man made

Maschinen Gewehr
03-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Arceus created the Pokemon world whitch means he was first. Although technically Mew came first if your going by the creation of the game and not story.

PhoenixZeroW
03-19-2009, 08:08 PM
No he wasnt, and by the way I looked it up and magnamite infact is not man made
yes he was pokedex number, and io think he is but w/e.

Additional Comment:

Lol?

Pokedex Entry on Pokemon Blue and Red for Mewtwo:

It was created by a scientist after years of horrific gene splicing and DNA engineering experiments.

Emerald:

A Pokémon that was created by genetic manipulation. However, even though the scientific power of humans made its body, they failed to give it a warm heart.

Stadium entry for Porygon:

A man-made Pokémon that consists entirely of programming code. It is capable of moving freely in cyberspace.

Silver:

A manmade Pokémon that came about as a result of research. It is programmed with only basic motions.

Seriously man, do the research before making the claims, cuz I can and will open up on you with both Pokedexes :P
that's what i said, mewtwo was created, too.

Maschinen Gewehr
03-19-2009, 08:16 PM
What is all this fuss. Magnamite, Mewtwo, and Porygon are the only man-made Pokemon.

PhoenixZeroW
03-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I'm not sure, but isn't deoxys too ?

Maschinen Gewehr
03-19-2009, 08:23 PM
No. Actually he was a Pokemon that traveled through space and was never knon of until the Deoxys movie. He was most deffinetly not man-made. There is technically two of them because the whole movie is based on him saving his friend from the scientist trying to re-awaken him from that gem.

PhoenixZeroW
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
yeah but technically he is because in the movie he was a meteotrite until they blasted it with that laser, then he came to life.

Maschinen Gewehr
03-19-2009, 08:33 PM
That was the second one. Remember there was one floating around looking for that one. Plus he was a gem because he was regenerating from the harsh blast of there crash landing. The first one did the same thing but recovered faster but he turned into a gem because of a Hyper Beam by Rayquaza.

Fox
03-19-2009, 08:39 PM
yeah but technically he is because in the movie he was a meteotrite until they blasted it with that laser, then he came to life.

Techincally nothing, your stupid. It was in NO WAY created by man. It may have been reawakened by sceientist BUT NOT MADE.

Additional Comment:

dude, don't be a ****y ****weed. it says somewhere, i just can't remember.

Man you should be a lawyer, your so convincing

PhoenixZeroW
03-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Techincally nothing, your stupid. It was in NO WAY created by man. It may have been reawakened by sceientist BUT NOT MADE.

Additional Comment:

Man you should be a lawyer, your so convincing
dude, did u ******* watch the movie ?

Additional Comment:

That was the second one. Remember there was one floating around looking for that one. Plus he was a gem because he was regenerating from the harsh blast of there crash landing. The first one did the same thing but recovered faster but he turned into a gem because of a Hyper Beam by Rayquaza.
so i guess it was half created by humans.

BJJ763
03-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Back on topic. Very close to closing.

Fox
03-20-2009, 01:42 PM
Flame warp, it was not half created by humans but simply created someonewhere in outerspace and reconstructed when in earth. In no way was it created by humans (Not half)

PhoenixZeroW
03-20-2009, 05:13 PM
i still think it was from the movie.

Xeros.
04-05-2009, 01:02 AM
Arceus came first, no doubt about that.

Eon Drache
04-05-2009, 01:28 AM
Arceus -> The Original Pokemon

Mew -> Ancestor of all Pokemon

Arceus, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina are all considered Deities. That means Gods, or heavenly. They all came before Mew. Anything after, aside from Porygon and Mewtwo came from Mew through Evolution. Mewtwo and Porygon were created through other methods.

As for Deoxys, I haven't seen the movie in a while, but I'm pretty sure that the "Meteor" could have possibly been a "Space-egg". The Scientists were simply trying to force it to come out or something.

Just my throw in.

Justmcnew
04-05-2009, 11:20 PM
How is it 2 against one? You've got no evidence to support your claim that Magnemite was man-made, and neither does anyone else.

Magnemite wasn't manmade, only Porygon and Ditto. Next time get your facts straight... >_>

Eon Drache
04-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Magnemite wasn't manmade, only Porygon and Ditto. Next time get your facts straight... >_>

None of the pokedex entries state ditto as man-made. So where did you get this info?

Justmcnew
04-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Well I know Porygon was man made, I guess I was wrong about Ditto.

Fox
04-16-2009, 10:08 AM
Ok im going to summarize everything so mods can close this thread once and for all.

Arceus came to be(Unkown how) and created mew. All pokemons DNA came from Mew. It can be summarized that mew was the first pokemon and arceus is god. Porygon is man made. Magnemite is not. Ditto is not. Porygon is the only pokemon not made by arceus and not derived from mew.

*close thread*

PhoenixZeroW
04-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Arcues was formed from an egg.

Additional Comment:

magnemite is man-made.

Fox
04-19-2009, 08:24 PM
Arcues was formed from an egg.

Additional Comment:

magnemite is man-made.

Give me proof....MAGNEMITE IS NOT MAN-MADE. And how the hell do you know that arceus was formed from an egg. Stop making stuff up

PhoenixZeroW
04-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Give me proof....MAGNEMITE IS NOT MAN-MADE. And how the hell do you know that arceus was formed from an egg. Stop making stuff up
fisr, it says in d/p/pt he was formed frm an egg, and give me proof that hes not.

FutureTrunksSSJ1
04-25-2009, 05:42 AM
fisr, it says in d/p/pt he was formed frm an egg, and give me proof that hes not.

yep. i made a thread on that (Arceus's egg).

Fox
04-25-2009, 01:21 PM
DITTO AND MAGNEMITE ARE BOTH NATURALLY MADE (not man made) ONLY PORYGON

Arceus came first and then mew and so on.(It clearly states in the pokedex that he was born before the universe) All pokemon except arceus come from mew. THAT IS ALL

Please close thread