PDA

View Full Version : Anti Six-Samurai dedicated strategy

anderskiller
10-04-2007, 12:57 PM
I had a bad time dueling against 5 6-samurai decks in a row during a hobby store tourney last week, my Gadget-Chimeratech deck couldn't make anything against them but scooping if he summons a LV4 samurai, Grandmaster and the Shogun during their very first turn...

I wanna post here some ideas when fighting 6-samie decks runing 3 grandmasters and 3 Shoguns:

*3 Lightning Vortex
*3 Burst Stream of Destruction
*3 Blue-Eyes White D
*3 Kaibaman
*3 Asura Priest
*3 Axe of Despair
*Mage
*United
------
*Maybe some Tyrant Dragons, togueter with Lord of D. and its Flute?

Do you think these side-decked cards would make a difference???

Elemental_Paladin
10-04-2007, 01:21 PM
I had a bad time dueling against 5 6-samurai decks in a row during a hobby store tourney last week, my Gadget-Chimeratech deck couldn't make anything against them but scooping if he summons a LV4 samurai, Grandmaster and the Shogun during their very first turn...

I wanna post here some ideas when fighting 6-samie decks runing 3 grandmasters and 3 Shoguns:

*3 Lightning Vortex
*3 Blue-Eyes White D
*3 Kaibaman
*3 Asura Priest
*3 Axe of Despair
*Mage
*United
------

Lol, Kinetics and Warrior Elims FTW...

cheeverbean
10-04-2007, 01:30 PM

*3 Lightning Vortex
*3 Blue-Eyes White D
*3 Kaibaman
*3 Asura Priest
*3 Axe of Despair
*Mage
*United
------

No, just no. You run a Gadget and don't main Lightings nowadays? Main Lightings, and side Kinetics. With all the main destruction that you should be running, and sided Kinetics, you should be fine.

jayjay91764
10-04-2007, 01:47 PM
The basics man Kinetic Soilder

Bonjwa
10-04-2007, 04:56 PM
trap holes
no normal summon, no grandmaster
you can also use bottomless if your afriad of reasoning and not afraid of yaichi

Faust_8
10-04-2007, 06:14 PM
There's Needle Ceiling as well.

Doomkiller
10-04-2007, 08:56 PM
If you use Giant rat for getting the gadgets out you can use also kinetic soldier , but lightning is better

Radical Dreamer
10-04-2007, 10:19 PM
Lightning Vortex (splashable for every side deck)
Kinetic soldier (splashable if you already run giant rat or RotA)
Needle ceiling (if you play facedowns a lot)

Side multiples of one of those cards (both vortex and kinetic in a gadget ratbox) and if you still can`t beat them you have to take a look at your main decks composition instead of just adding sidedeck cards.

And shuffle their deck, six samurai don`t get that godhand consistently, so make sure no one is stacking.

anderskiller
10-07-2007, 11:50 AM
So taking away the Asura idea as well as bsod, then side kinetics, lightnings, sounds viable enough

sinspawn
10-07-2007, 08:18 PM
any 1 that plays six samurai well can play around all those cards so your best bet is hope they get a bad hand, but u can also try cloak and dagger and call grandmaster theres no swarm or shien without it

winged gaurdian849
10-07-2007, 09:05 PM
any 1 that plays six samurai well can play around all those cards so your best bet is hope they get a bad hand, but u can also try cloak and dagger and call grandmaster theres no swarm or shien without it

That's not gaurenteed. Like you said good players play around it alll the time. Can't tell you hoiw many times my friend's kamone'd my swords of revealing light for game with a zanji or irou

Yussa Tampon
10-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Lol, Kinetics and Warrior Elims FTW...

qfe. really, these just kill off samori unlike the bewd stuff

winged gaurdian849
10-07-2007, 09:09 PM
if you really wana piss them off side 3 puppet plants and just LET THEM swarm =) it's what i do because i like to run decks that piss people off

SKAK
10-08-2007, 05:06 AM
2-3 Royal Oppression
a 3rd Vortex (usually 2 mained)
2-3 Threatening Roar
Trap Dustshoot

you should be fine.

Tsukuruya-chan
10-08-2007, 05:10 AM
"Begone, Knave"

You'll see them come back, but if you run a good deck for it (AKA Wildheart Ratbox), you'll do ohkay...

Also, best way to gain advantage, steal your opponent's Great Shogun Shien... The strongest card that can seriously hurt themselves...

sinspawn
10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
i actually decided to run 6 samurai at segionals but it also runs 9 counter traps to stop burn and monarchs. but ill let you all know what beats me the worst so u know whats better in a side deck. :D

SInge
10-09-2007, 10:33 AM
Two Words: Ojama Trio

Jams up the opponent's field with three tokens. SS samurai can now only use two monster slots. It also hurts Cyber Dragon by making him a near dead card.

Princess of Burn
10-09-2007, 09:18 PM
Wow so many traps. I'm glad my samurai deck mains Royal Decree ^^

Romancer
10-09-2007, 09:26 PM

*3 Lightning Vortex
*3 Blue-Eyes White D
*3 Kaibaman
*3 Asura Priest
*3 Axe of Despair
*Mage
*United
------

Of these cards, only Lightning Vortex will help tackle a 6S deck, and when facing a 1TK swarm as you've described, none of these cards is worth it's weight in paper. The best cards to shut 6S down are the traps that cna be chained to them being summoned or using their effects.

Bottomless Trap Hole and Torrential Tribute will shut them down at any stage of summoning. Waboku or Threatening Roar will buy you a turn so you can counter with removal, theft, etc. Book of Moon and Scapegoat will also help, and will get by 6S back-up to shut down traps. BoM on the first Samurai means no Grandmaster or beyond, or it will shut down the biggest of the family and let you go nuts on them with other cards. Scapegoat pretty much does what Waboku and Threatening Roar do. Puppet Plant would also be an okay side deck choice for addressing them as a 1TK and on the offensive counter attack.

Yussa Tampon
10-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Two Words: Ojama Trio

Jams up the opponent's field with three tokens. SS samurai can now only use two monster slots. It also hurts Cyber Dragon by making him a near dead card.

then how do you deal with the samorais? unless ur playing zombie / ddt ur opponent will most likely be able to have a turn to react.

Lance DeVrai
10-09-2007, 11:43 PM
Personally, I side Radiant Mirror Force in 2's or 3's, depending on the space. It's worked for me.

SInge
10-10-2007, 10:12 AM
then how do you deal with the samorais? unless ur playing zombie / ddt ur opponent will most likely be able to have a turn to react.

The opponent's field gets filled up with some Ojama tokens. They can't be tributed for a tribute summon. The opponent has only two monster slots open. You can play an additional card like Kaiser Colosseum which prevents the opponent from playing anymore monsters while they more than you on the field.

Overall the only way to clear the field would have to be a mass removal card like Torrential. Unless the opponent decides to attack with them.

Another way is to kill off one token and play another Ojama Trio then bam SS are dead.

This is good for burn/stall decks.

Skull Servant123
10-10-2007, 01:04 PM
Needle Ceiling and Radiant mirror force. (or dark mirror force with zero gravity/windstorm of etaqua so grandmaster doesn't get its effect)

Duel-God
10-10-2007, 01:09 PM
The basics man Kinetic Soilder

Like the man said Kinetic, run 3 or suffer. It works well against them trust me.