View Full Version : Resources?
08-20-2007, 10:54 PM
For some reason, I keep scanning up and down the rules, and can't find how in the world how you can play resources.
The reason I'm looking is because I have the tournament faction, and it gives you 2 starting resources, but to get any more on the table, you need to have 4 resources to play another.
08-21-2007, 01:43 AM
Upon closer inspection you may notice that the rules never state that you get to draw a card or many other things you normally might consider normal an nessessary of a TCG. This is the because the rules are a limp, gelatenous goo. This goo requires a Faction to grant it a skeleton - to give it structure. The faction actually tells you when you may draw (in the case of the tournament faction you may draw when invoking the Develop rule). This also tells you when you might play a resource card (also the Develop rule in this case).
Hope this might help!
08-21-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh, I figured that. Which is why this is a cooler/balanced game. It's just, how am I supposed to cross the bridge between 2 resources and 4? Are there tactics or characters out there that'll help?
yeah your right that you have to pay four resources to play one resource...but if you look right about that you see the "develop rule" which explains that at the start of your turn you get to choose on either drawing a card or playng a resource.
to further help you:
1. you always start the game with the starting resource and starting draws...(this only happens once in the game)
2. your next step is called "restore rule" in this step you restore your depleted characters and detach your resources from your faction.
3. next step is called "develop rule". in this step you either draw a card or play a resource.
4. the restore and develop rule always happens at the beginning of your turn turn.
5. the other special effects on your faction are called draw and resource, these are not steps in the faction that you take during your turn...instead think of them as tactics in which you can play at any time you want
well i hope i helped you in some way or the other ;)
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.