PDA

View Full Version : Is It Me, Or Is Pokemon The Most Repetative Show Ever?

GTA3
06-21-2004, 06:39 PM
Do you agree?

Every episode, Team Rocket comes in say their motto, they TR and Ash battle. Ash defeats them and yells, "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Pikachu thunderbolts them, and TR goe up in the sky and say Team Rocket is blasting off again. Then next episode, same thing happens.

Dr. Blaine
06-21-2004, 06:54 PM
I have to disagree. There is more to it than that. there are shows where ash catches pokemon, shows where he battles gym leaders, shows where he hardly even faces team rocket. besides, it would be extremely difficult to get a battle between ash and rocket to last 26.5 minutes

Buster Blader 126
06-21-2004, 07:55 PM
No, I don't find it to be repetitive at all!

Sure, I like Yu-Gi-Oh, & a huge fan of it, but Pokemon was the 1st thing I really got into, & I don't plan on disliking it anytime soon!

& as the previous poster said, they do different things on the show. Sure, Team Rocket does their stupid motto, but that's the only repetitive thing I find in the whole show, if I had to pick something.

~Buster Blader 126~
Go Pokemon!

Undrave
06-21-2004, 08:11 PM
Do you agree?

Every episode, Team Rocket comes in say their motto, they TR and Ash battle. Ash defeats them and yells, "Pikachu, Thunderbolt!" Pikachu thunderbolts them, and TR goe up in the sky and say Team Rocket is blasting off again. Then next episode, same thing happens.

I disagree as well...

It's ridiculous to reduce Pokémon to simply Ash VS Jessie & James! Team Rocket are more like humor relief and running gag than the main anthagonists of the show, or is it the plot of the show.

Pokémon is about the relationship betweem people and Pokémon be it in or outside battle... that's what it's all about! It's about friendship, loyalty, honor, determination and other values!

You just bash it because you either don't like it or think it's too childish.

Seeker
06-22-2004, 01:37 AM
Well that and enslaving intelligent beings and forcing them to fight for your amusment. :)

Mystic Reaper
06-22-2004, 02:18 AM
i hate team rocket, cos its just sad 2 c em lose now

squeaky yugi
06-22-2004, 12:07 PM
I like Team Rocket. When the chips are down, Ash can get them to do favors without any payback, and they help weak trainers and Pokemon realize how good they actually are.

Dr. Blaine
06-22-2004, 01:37 PM
I like Team Rocket. When the chips are down, Ash can get them to do favors without any payback, and they help weak trainers and Pokemon realize how good they actually are.

So there more like anti-heros than villans. That makes sence to me

Well that and enslaving intelligent beings and forcing them to fight for your amusment.

Actually, the pokemon don't halve to fight if they don't want to. they can be uncouaprative and choose to disobey. remeber charmander? he left damion, and choose to join ash. and charmelion and charizard choose not to obey ash untill charizard was frozen. the pokemon chose to fight for their trainers

Rentazilla
06-22-2004, 04:11 PM
Do you agree?

I'm going to agree with you GTA3. Practically every episode is that stupid Pikachu blasting Team Rocket, but there's more to it. Don't forget, whenever Ash and Co. meet a new person they show a new pokemon and talk about how cool the pokemon is/the pokemon has a problem/pokemon can't evolve/etc.

Undrave
06-22-2004, 04:46 PM
GTA3, Rentzilla... you guys are just bitter Pokémon players XD you'd want to show to be EXACTLy like the game and Ash going ...

"I just breeded my two Pokémon so now I need to figure out the offspring's IV to see if I can then proceed to EV training and create the ultimate moveset!"

And stuff...

:lol

UnePétasse
06-22-2004, 07:04 PM
Pokemon c'est..is..umm..Repitive. It is always going on about little creatures who make weird noise, where is the good fighting between man and man, or woman and woman in large pool of mud, naked.
I am sorry if this make no sense but my england is not so good. Non?

Undrave
06-22-2004, 07:34 PM
(I'm switching to French for a minute... )

Ben d'ou tu sors toi? Rare de voir quelqu'un de Francais dans le coin... par contre je ne suis pas d'accord avec ton opinion...

Et c'est quoi ce nom disgracieux? --;

/French

Anyway... maybe your English isn't ready for this place...

If you stop looking at the bad things for a while and see the good side of Pokémons you start to appreciate it better or what it is and stop seeing all those thing you complain about as negatives and just accept them as part of the experience.

Personally I can't concieve a Pokémon ep without Team Rocket! oO

UnePétasse
06-22-2004, 07:42 PM
My name is funny, they do no understand it. So what is the problem?

Undrave
06-22-2004, 08:23 PM
Yeah they don't -- but really... no class at all... it's not even THAT funny.

Seeker
06-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Well speaking personally my french is probably on par with your ancient sumarian. :D

PaperLuigi
06-26-2004, 11:14 PM
GTA3, Rentzilla... you guys are just bitter Pokémon players XD you'd want to show to be EXACTLy like the game and Ash going ...

"I just breeded my two Pokémon so now I need to figure out the offspring's IV to see if I can then proceed to EV training and create the ultimate moveset!"

And stuff...

LOL :{ ) funny stuff. Anyway, I don't think of the show as repetitive period.

PaperLuigi Says: Asking the people who write the Pokemon eps to create a blockbuster 5-star episode every time is like asking D12 (Or any other band) to create a blockbuster 5-star song every day of the week.

The Darker Magician
06-27-2004, 09:30 PM
Well it is pretty repetitive.

Okay at the beggining ash and Co are walking and they go to a city or town.
Then they meet a new person
The person asks for help that some how involves pokemon
Ash and Co start to help
Soon team rocket appears and they say thier moto
The have a short battle
Team rocket is blasted by Pikachu
Ash and Co help the person
the person gives Ash and Co some reward(Sometimes)
Ash and Co say good by and then they leave

That is the basic form of a pokemon eppisode
I know there are exceptions but more than not this is what happens.

Kaiba
06-28-2004, 12:08 PM
Pokemon IS repitivite. Face it. They should make some quest where he has to stop some evil pokemon with a shot rifle. That'd bring in some people!

Undrave
06-28-2004, 06:06 PM
Sure there's a formula ... a bunch of shows follow formulas *coughsitcomscough* but nobody really complain! Beside that's for the run the mill episodes, all episode that involve a Gym Leader or a tournament are pretty cool even if they involve just fighting. Pokémon is over 300 episodes, they have to cover the whole spectrum of Pokémons and they have us discover a whole universe! You can't expect every ep to be as masterful as a 13 episode OAV serie! Those episode might seam boring to you but to me they reveal pieces of the Pokémon World and that's really interesting i you stop and think about it.

PaperLuigi
06-29-2004, 04:07 AM
Pokemon IS repitivite. Face it. They should make some quest where he has to stop some evil pokemon with a shot rifle. That'd bring in some people!

Yeah, it would get people's attention, that is, people who enjoy show for violence and nothing else, or old maniacs stroking similar guns while rocking back and forth in a rocking chair laughing evily.

Honestly, Pokemon with guns, I've seen one of my friends come up with plans that wasn't as evil as that. Never mind, it's a crazy, yet humourous idea.

wobmaster
06-29-2004, 09:15 AM
the show is targeting children, so they wont bring in guns. that wouldnt set a good message for 6yearolds

sometimeds pokemon seems repetitive, and it osmetimes follows the same basic plot, but usually it differs from episode to episode

Leelue
06-29-2004, 11:19 AM
anyway, team rocket has actually fought on ASHES side 3 or 4 times, those are my favorite episodes. it would be nice to have an episode go when team rocket does win. like say if they stole something and didn't get caught. and now ashco have 2 new teams to worry about. besides, yugioh is more repetitive.

Undrave
06-29-2004, 11:31 AM
TR won against the poacher ...that was a sad episode :( thye had to say good bye to Wheezing and Arbok :(

Betelgeux
06-29-2004, 08:50 PM
Of course Pokémon is repetitive. 4Kids wouldn't have anime any other way, right?

Dr. Casey
06-30-2004, 03:08 PM
I read about how in the first episode of Pokemon, Ash loses a fight to Team Rocket and tries to attack James, but James holds him back and flicks him away... heh. And there's Ash's serious battle with them in Episode 3 and his celebration afterwards. It was cool when they were serious as villains.

Undrave
06-30-2004, 03:20 PM
It was actually in the second episode that Ash met Team Rocket, because the first ep is mainly Ash getting Pikachu, arguing with Pikachu, angrying a flock of Spearow then fleeing for his life while protecting Pikachu (wich earns him the little guy's respect) he also end up meeting Misty if I recall and borrows her bike... but it gets trashed when Pikachu uses a thunder attack to get rid of the Spearows. I think the ep ends by him reaching Veridian city... or maybe the first episode end when Ash jumps down the cliff in the river I really can't seam to recall when each ep ends and begin ^^;;

clown master
06-30-2004, 06:30 PM
ash meets pokemon

team rocket sees pokemon and conspires to steal it

the pokemon's "trainer" greets ash

team rocket puts forward in their plot to steal pokemon

ash beats team rocket with sig. thunderbolt or thundershock or thunder or agility

ash and party leaves

pokemon is actually wild and it's "trainer" captures it, going home satisfied

i'm being sarcastic on the last line, butother than that anymore thats all i see on tv. its like the producers of the show ran out of ideas

The dungon of doom
07-01-2004, 10:30 AM
The most repetive show is DBZ

Random villin:mwhaha i have came to pose a threat to earth
Goku or whoever:no! *tries to fight gets his @$$ handid to him
goku or whoever:we must power up!

*screaming*

...... *fights ,wins the end*

Betelgeux
07-02-2004, 10:40 PM
But this is a thread for Pokémon discussion...

Jimmy Kudo
07-03-2004, 12:24 AM
Of course Pokémon is repetitive. 4Kids wouldn't have anime any other way, right?

So thats why 4-kids got One-Piece right? Yup One-Piece is soooo repetitive.

Its too bad people are still living in the past of the horrendous Johto where no misc. character is safe. With advance comes NEW plots for episodes such as the Jessie/May vs. James/Ash double battle, James FINALLY getting a new pokemon, the return of the infamous Mexican Magicarp salesmen, etc... The point is people need to wake up from hibernation and be more aware of whats really going on.

The dungon of doom
07-03-2004, 08:22 AM
But this is a thread for Pokémon discussion...
Ya but I'm showing there are more repetitive shows out there.

Sissyofchaos
07-28-2004, 05:50 PM
talk about REDUNDANT! It's SOO cleshay. But that "Holy Matrimony one wasn't anything like the other ones. I LUUV it! :D

Undrave
07-28-2004, 06:22 PM
So thats why 4-kids got One-Piece right? Yup One-Piece is soooo repetitive.

Its too bad people are still living in the past of the horrendous Johto where no misc. character is safe. With advance comes NEW plots for episodes such as the Jessie/May vs. James/Ash double battle, James FINALLY getting a new pokemon, the return of the infamous Mexican Magicarp salesmen, etc... The point is people need to wake up from hibernation and be more aware of whats really going on.

Yeah, people still are under the false impression that Team Rocket are the main antagonist! That's so not true... Reducing Pokémon to Ash VS Team Rocket is ridiculous, Pokémon is about Ash's journey through the world of Pokémon, Team Rocket just happen to be alon for the ride...

So James gonna get a new Pokémon? Cool!

Saw Jirachi Wish Maker? I bought it on DVD and it was neat... the Pikachu Movie was hilarious XD.

The Obsession
07-29-2004, 01:48 AM
So true. People need to understand that the show isn't like how it used to be during the Johto seasons. The series is going to get better and better. Season 7 has lots of big surprises and the plots are definately cooler. The movies have gotten better, the 7th one is the best by far. This show is going to enter its 8th season in Japan and it seems it will have more and more to come. When(if) this series ends,there will be over 500 episodes. Pokemon is not repetative,and is going to be around for a long time!

Newt
07-29-2004, 08:18 AM
And to me it seems this post was started just to cause Flames, as GTA3 has not posted once on this thread since he posted.

GyroPuppy
07-29-2004, 07:28 PM
its just you :)