View Full Version : Help for action replay please.
06-18-2007, 09:58 AM
I need help for the action replay because I do not know how to add my own codes in it.
Still did not work. I have read the manual etc. but i do not understand how you get to where you input the codes yourself on the computer.
06-19-2007, 06:43 AM
You may need to update the firmware for your AR. When I got mine, I couldn't add codes to it, either. If you have the software installed on your PC, when you start it up, you can click on the two icons in the upper right corner. One will download the latest code set for the AR, the other will update your AR to the latest firmware. The update will allow you to enter your own codes.
You need to be connected to the internet to update. Once the AR's been updated, then you can enter codes manually into the AR by inserting it into the DS slot, and then hitting the (*) when the main screen comes up. You can then specify which game you want the code to work for, specify the name of the code, then enter it in using your DS stylus. BE VERY CAREFUL when typing in your code, and DOUBLE CHECK to make sure the code is right before executing it in a game. If you don't, you could enter a code that corrupts your save file, and everything will be lost.
06-19-2007, 09:55 AM
Thank you very much. I can now put codes in myself.
06-19-2007, 11:02 AM
Better and easier trick is to create a custom code list for a game, where you can drag and drop whatever codes datel has made into it, and then copy and paste the text for new codes to the list as well. Much faster, and much, much easier.
06-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Charninja: you make a good point. However, to enter in custom codes, I think we're limited to entering them by hand. I haven't figured out how to edit the custom code list -- only to create one and add codes to them using PokeSave. I suppose, by taking a skeleton codesave file from PokeSave, one could copy in text from Silent Crow's thread or some other code set and creat xml files for updating codes.
In the long run, though, I think that it might be easier for the average AR user to work directly with the AR device than hacking with xml.
06-19-2007, 07:50 PM
1. Open the Code Manager
2. Right click the bottom-right section, the under "My Codelists."
3. Select "New Codelist." This will create one automatically.
4. Right click that, and then select "Add New Game." You will be prompted to enter the title, game code, and Game ID. Any forum dedicated to code creation should have this information in the first post.
5. Right click the game you just added, and select "Add New Cheat." Pop in the title, and c/p the code into the text box.
6. Repeat step 5 as many times as required until you have all the codes you wish to add in your list.
7. If Datel has added codes for this game, you may drag/drop them to your new list.
8. Plug the AR into the DS and drag/drop the new code list to the game list on your AR. If you wish to add new codes later, just add them to the custom list, and then drag/drop the edited list to the AR. It will have to rewrite the entire thing, because for some reason you can't add individual codes straight to the AR.
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.