PDA

View Full Version : Harpie Queen

Pages : [1] 2

D.D. Sofa Guy
02-10-2007, 07:52 AM
Harpie Queen 「ハーピィ・クィーン」
Wind/Winged-Beast/Effect/4/1900/1200
FOTB-JP020Harpy QueenWind/Bird/4/1900/1200Discard this card from your hand to Graveyard, add a [Harpy's Hunting Ground] from your deck into your hand. This card's name is treated as [Harpy Lady] when it's on the field or in Graveyard.

Firstly - why does this card destroy itself without the field? It only has 1900 atk - Same as Warrior of Atlantis 「アトランティスの戦士」

Secondly - actually I can live with that as iccarus attack will still work when this card is face-down but what i'm dreading the most is how badly the artwork on this card will be butchered. I mean they edited allure queen lv7 for petes sake and she only had a short skirt. My 11 year old niece wears short skirts. Fingers crossed that UDE will support some of the older Yugioh players...

Absolute_Xero
02-10-2007, 07:57 AM
Is it Harpie Queen or Harpie Lady Queen?

Edit: Nevermind i guess it wouldn't make a difference.=/

imcp
02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
it's just Harpie Queen.

Relinquished
02-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Wow, Konami really screwed the pooch on this one. It destroys itself when WoA doesn't. It doesn't work with ANY of the Harpie support cards except for Baby Dragon.

This thing is worthless crap.

Cyber Knight
02-10-2007, 08:58 AM
The art is awesome and it's stats are one othe bests,but how they could do this...destroy her while there's no field...sh***...Well what I told you'll we cannot hope too much perfect things from Konami,but that's what makes a duel real...

Mage Master
02-10-2007, 08:59 AM
Meh, they dropped the ball on this one. It coulda been a lot better IMO.

Rakath
02-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow, Konami really screwed the pooch on this one. It destroys itself when WoA doesn't. It doesn't work with ANY of the Harpie support cards except for Baby Dragon.

This thing is worthless crap.

Feeds Avarice, does work with Pet Baby, Icarus, Wind Art, and looks awesome.

I'm fine, little dissapointed, but fine... then again Rokubushu support makes me a crazy eccentric happy. ^_^

Roland
02-10-2007, 09:03 AM
It can also help Slipheed ^_^

Rakath
02-10-2007, 09:45 AM
Update: I just looked at dmcomet and a scan of Harpie Queen.

The text Shriek has is wrong, OH SO WRONG.

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Discard this card from your hand to Graveyard, add a [Harpy's Hunting Ground] from your deck into your hand.
This card's name is treated as [Harpy Lady] when it's on the field or in Graveyard.
Rare

REJOICE!

Relinquished
02-10-2007, 09:52 AM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Discard this card from your hand to Graveyard, add a [Harpy's Hunting Ground] from your deck into your hand.
This card's name is treated as [Harpy Lady] when it's on the field or in Graveyard.
Rare

REJOICE!

I take back everything I said about this card:o

Mage Master
02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
I take back everything I said too. It's now great Harpie support instead of the (IMO) rubbish it was before.

Ryusaki
02-10-2007, 09:56 AM
Shriek's text was wrong? That makes Harpy Queen....freaking awesome!

Kuro is gonna be so happy, that's how Harpy support should be.

Rakath
02-10-2007, 09:58 AM
Shriek's text was wrong? That makes Harpy Queen....freaking awesome!

Kuro is gonna be so happy, that's how Harpy support should be.

Kuro is gunna die of joy. The only way it could get better is if it had Crows in the art/name.

It's four types of awesome:

Egotist
Hunting Ground
Hysteric
Pet Dragon(s)

What isn't ta like? ^_^

JLewko
02-10-2007, 10:00 AM
...I'm in shock.

It's incredible how one error can change a card from nearly unplayable to simply amazing. Well, not so much, considering how one entire sentence was translated completely wrong.

Now it works with Elegant Egotist, Pet Baby Dragon, Hunting Ground, and even Hysteric Party. I just have to thank Konami for this one...

...and did I mention the incredible art?

imcp
02-10-2007, 10:02 AM
*cries in joy*

Roland
02-10-2007, 10:04 AM
Theres a special someone who's gonna be very happy with this card ^_^

And hoorah! I knew making a Harpy deck would pay off! Now I can't wait!

KuroKarasu
02-10-2007, 10:06 AM
BWAHAHA! TAKE THAT, FANFIC WRITERS!

*Cough.* Sorry. I'm just SO happy people won't be making totally random, uber-strong "Harpy Queen" cards. If the first effect is right, more burn to fic writers who made her uber-1337.

If the second effect is right...WOOHOOO~! I'M GETTING THREE! :D

Wait, I'd get three even if it sucked.

imcp
02-10-2007, 10:11 AM
you think we can make a petition to Kevin & co. not to censor her? :p

Harpie_Commander
02-10-2007, 10:12 AM
So when can we expect this card to be released to the public.I think it's a great card too but Im a bit confused,does this also mean that I can have both 3 Cyber Harpies in my deck plus 3 Harpie Queen's?

imcp
02-10-2007, 10:14 AM
So when can we expect this card to be released to the public.I think it's a great card too but Im a bit confused,does this also mean that I can have both 3 Cyber Harpies in my deck plus 3 Harpie Queen's?

yes. since Harpie Queen is only treated as a "Harpie Lady" while on the field and in the GY. somewhat similar to Proto Cyber Dragon. but w/ better stats, effect and super special awesome sexy art! :D

KuroKarasu
02-10-2007, 10:17 AM

Actually, any censored art is approved with the uncensored...

...But we can sure as apples TRY! This one doesn't deserve the purple slapped on her. It just. Looks. BAD. x.x

Belmot
02-10-2007, 10:17 AM
The effect from DM Comet is correct.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k297/shriek9/Force_of_the_Breaker/020.jpg

The last paragraph includes the signs for Harpie Lady.

I think it's a great card too but Im a bit confused,does this also mean that I can have both 3 Cyber Harpies in my deck plus 3 Harpie Queen's?

Jep.^^

Harpie_Commander
02-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Aswsome.Its a great time to have a Harpie deck.This is just a better Cyber Harpie Lady I can't wait to grab one,well three.

Belmot
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Oh, I forgot to say.

HAIL TO THE QUEEN. :cool:

Roland
02-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Is it fair to say this is a staple in a Harpie deck?

Pharaoh Atem
02-10-2007, 10:22 AM
Good. Hysteric Party doesn't suck completely and totally now. It only really stands a chance of sucking mildly.

Seriously, though, the alteration to treat the card as a Harpie Lady while in the Grave as well REALLY is a nice touch.

Near
02-10-2007, 10:24 AM
It is important to note that her name does not count as Harpy Lady in the deck, meaning you can't summon her from the deck using Elegant..

Still, you can use it has the "food" for Elegant.

imcp
Is it fair to say this is a staple in a Harpie deck?

lets see...w/ HHG, it's a 2100 Breaker. and it comboes w/ Icarus Attack, Hysteric Party, Harpie Pet Baby Dragon, Harpie Dragon. definitely a staple alright. I'm guessing Kevin might have had a hand in this card's creation since he did hint sometime ago how Harpies needed sth similar to Proto Cyber Dragon's effect. and he sure did deliver his promise alright!!

KuroKarasu
The effect from DM Comet is correct.
http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k297/shriek9/Force_of_the_Breaker/020.jpg

The last paragraph includes the signs for Harpie Lady.

Yeah, after deciding to check for them...I saw that, too! :D

Near
02-10-2007, 10:26 AM
Sweet picture, I have to say..

Harpie_Commander
02-10-2007, 10:27 AM
In the photoshop pic though I can't tell if she a holo or just silver printed.

imcp
02-10-2007, 10:32 AM

she's a Rare, not a holo (unfortunately)

KuroKarasu
02-10-2007, 10:33 AM

She's a Rare.

...Which means she'll likely be UTR when she comes over stateside. :D

Why is not being a holo a bad thing? Makes it easier for me to get three. :p

The Rogue
02-10-2007, 11:10 AM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Rare

REJOICE!
That just made my week. :D

OliverPhoenix
02-10-2007, 11:12 AM
I never even bothered double checking the spoilers but I must say I'm very surprised,the cards turned from being pretty average to very decent themed support with nice art to boot.

I think its time to dust down that old Harpy deck...

Cyber Knight
02-10-2007, 12:48 PM
For sure...since it's has high stats it'll be base of a Harpy deck not the original Harpy Lady....that isn't that powerful like this one!
HAIL THE QUEEN!
But something came to my mind now,i thought it would be cool to see this Harpy with a high and probably be a high level monster...I know it's a non sense but for a queen such stats it still weak!don't all you think?

Asuka Tenjoin
02-10-2007, 01:05 PM
So... A pretty, powerful Harpie tutor who can exist without her field, supports all current Harpie support, and counts as a Harpie Lady everywhere except the crippling deck clause of all previous Harpies?

...Wowie. I am so happy for you, Kuro. ^^

Professor Elm
02-10-2007, 01:06 PM
YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More Harpie support!!!!!!
This is the one card that may save the Harpie Theme. Easily abused w/ Egotist, Baby Dragon, Hunting Ground, Hunter Owl, Hysteric Party, and Birdface!
I love it!
This really could make the Harpie theme become competitive, as it should already be.

Perentie Fan
02-10-2007, 01:17 PM
For sure...since it's has high stats it'll be base of a Harpy deck not the original Harpy Lady....that isn't that powerful like this one!
HAIL THE QUEEN!
But something came to my mind now,i thought it would be cool to see this Harpy with a high and probably be a high level monster...I know it's a non sense but for a queen such stats it still weak!don't all you think?
Well Harpies are more about manipulation (raising each other's strengths, getting rid of Spells and Traps) than sheer power, and she remains the strongest of them and supports them so she counts as a queen. Harpies have always been about working together as a group, helping each other and such, hence the original sisters and Queen continues that.

I like how the only ornamation they gave her to signify her as a "queen" is a little tiara.:) It fits with the other harpie theme of both the males and females not liking to wear much.

Hmmm... discard Harpie Queen for Hunting Ground. Activate Hysteric Party. Discard Harpie Lady 1 for effect, bring back both and destroy the opponent's Spells and Traps. Voila, a 1800 and 2400 monster on your field. Just have to be careful to make sure you don't hurt yourself with Hunting Ground's mandatory effect. How does that ruling go anyway if you special summon two Harpies at once does it count as two summons for Hunting Ground or one? Hmmm... upperdeck has no rulings on this.:confused:

KuroKarasu
02-10-2007, 01:23 PM
HAIL THE QUEEN!

I'll be honest: This is exactly what I hate from fic writers who make a "Harpy Queen" some uber Harpy tribute. That's why, when I saw this card with the incorrect effect, the first thing I thought was "BURN!" However, the new effect is also a major burn for people who think that a Harpy Queen should be super-special-awesome-OMGWTFBBQ. Seriously, people were making their "Harpy Queens" a Ritual or Tribute Monster. :rolleyes: Part of the thing I like so much about Harpies is that they AREN'T like Dark Magician; they're speed and swarm based, not "Tribute for massive ATK."

Thus, I'm satisfied. "Queen" is just a rank here. 1900 + HHG grabbage + Proto Effect is NOTHING to scoff at, people. It's the best support that the theme has EVER seen. EVER. Barring, of course, the HHG she can go grab...But that just makes her better.

Rakath
02-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Perentie: Multiple monsters at once = 1 Summon.

Also, Field Barrier makes for a safer use of Hunting Ground destruction (if all else fails, aim at it while it can't die).

Kuro: Yeah, I've tried (for RPs) tribute Harpies, and it doesn't work. They are swarm. Considering that generally (pre-Pet Baby) my power monster was Sonic Duck... and it could kill Jinzo, proves how they should work.

Now I can do spiffy things with Hunter Owl and Rallis. Well, Wind is looking good.

KuroKarasu
02-10-2007, 01:55 PM
Kuro: Yeah, I've tried (for RPs) tribute Harpies, and it doesn't work. They are swarm. Considering that generally (pre-Pet Baby) my power monster was Sonic Duck... and it could kill Jinzo, proves how they should work.

Now I can do spiffy things with Hunter Owl and Rallis. Well, Wind is looking good.

Rakath, you're speakin' my language~:D

Now all we need is a name searcher for Harpies that grabs more than Birdface does. Like, a cyclic one.

Ryo_Marufuji
02-10-2007, 01:58 PM
As Kuro knows i have been a big Harpie fan since the beginning of the game *well a little after as they weren't seen back when i started playing*

this is a really great card. Rokubushu/Warmasters/Samurai get their Grandmaster, now Harpies get their Queen!

hehe although now i wonder if we will see more variation, Will it still be the three Boosting Harpies and now her? or will it be three SB and her? maybe it's be a combo lol wither way i welcomer her to the deck!

~Hell Kaiser~

The New Kid
02-10-2007, 02:39 PM
A good Harpie again. UDE, etc. are really doing a good job with this. Makes me look forward to this release. Although I can always wish for a Harpie girl edit. (Prints it in its original art then edits it after, please let it keep the original art for a little bit.)

Redshift
02-10-2007, 02:46 PM
I see side-boob!

Tu101uk
02-10-2007, 03:10 PM
Heheh... Nice art methinks... Especially on Harpie Queen... ^_- And she's a needed boost for the theme - Hysteric Party + 3x Harpie Queens + 2x Harpie Lady #1s == ouch!

Now I really cannot wait for this to come out... T.T

O-O~

Roland
02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Well Harpies are more about manipulation (raising each other's strengths, getting rid of Spells and Traps) than sheer power, and she remains the strongest of them and supports them so she counts as a queen. Harpies have always been about working together as a group, helping each other and such, hence the original sisters and Queen continues that.

Coudn't of put it better myself ^_^

Cyber Knight
02-10-2007, 05:37 PM
OK OK...Just because she is the Queen it doesn't need high stats and be a massive ATK monster,with the currently support it is strong enough to beat any deck,first cuz it has massive destructive cards,second it can be easy summoned(without attribute) and easy special summoned under any condution...Once I read in the web,I don't remember where,that a card known as Harpy Queen was about to created and then I tought "is it the Hapy Queen?"...that's why I thought also it should be a high level monster...but now I know it doesn't need such things!It is already GOOD ENOUGH!

RockmanTemers Access
02-10-2007, 05:48 PM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Discard this card from your hand to Graveyard, add a [Harpy's Hunting Ground] from your deck into your hand. This card's name is treated as [Harpy Lady] when it's on the field or in Graveyard.
Rare

REJOICE!

HORRAH!!!

I totally misunderstood that Harpie Queen effect totally screwed up. But now, time for me to tell my daddy to buy more packs.

Shadow The Unborn
02-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm SOOO HAPPY!!!!!!! :D

But if Upperdeck (Or whoever is in charge, or the damn soccre moms.) censors her, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!!!!!!!!

SInge
02-10-2007, 06:34 PM
That would be Konami.

Nice pic.

*Punches self.*

Redshift
02-10-2007, 07:01 PM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Discard this card from your hand to Graveyard, add a [Harpy's Hunting Ground] from your deck into your hand. This card's name is treated as [Harpy Lady] when it's on the field or in Graveyard.
Rare

REJOICE!
Simply amazing. The only Harpie support cards it doesn’t seem to benefit from are “Birdface” and “Elegant Egotist”, but at least you can use the latter if “Harpie Queen” is on the field.

Did I mention she shows side-boob? :D

Toon_Malik_Ishtar
02-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Rejoices is indeed the word for fellow winged beast and Harpie fans. This card is a lovely welcome to the card pool. And of course a staple for any Harpie deck.

The art now that’s looking hot, very nice indeed tho it will be a shame when she gets all dressed up, dam the censor people.

D.D. Sofa Guy
02-10-2007, 07:32 PM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Rare

REJOICE!

WTF! Man that is sweeeet! Now if UDE will let the art slip past their censors...

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 07:36 PM

But if Upperdeck (Or whoever is in charge, or the damn soccre moms.) censors her, THERE WILL BE HELL TO PAY!!!!!!!!!

Then I guess Hell is going to go bankrupt (za good thing too).

Listen guys, I want this card to go unedited too, but seriously. We've had less and they've been edited. What is seriously going to stop UDE from editing this card?

D.D. Sofa Guy
02-10-2007, 07:39 PM
What is seriously going to stop UDE from editing this card?

UDE Listening to their fans? (which is about time...)

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 07:41 PM
UDE Listening to their fans? (which is about time...)

Ah, but let's not forget the mother's who fuel their children with the money to buy cards. Y'know, the same mothers who basically keep UDE alive?

Romancer
02-10-2007, 07:51 PM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Rare

REJOICE!
I'm surprised it took you all so long to find the real effect for it. DMComet had it up really early this morning posted correctly.

She is the star of the set. A fan card that is playable... What's this game coming to?

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 08:03 PM
Here's an edited version of Harpie queen that I just made. The text was resized, so yeah, gross. (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img01&img=/7/2/10/f_editedHarpim_45b3bee.png)

She is the star of the set. A fan card that is playable... What's this game coming to?

Fanageddon, that's what. :)

Shadow The Unborn
02-10-2007, 08:21 PM
Here's an edited version of Harpie queen that I just made. The text was resized, so yeah, gross. (http://www.picoodle.com/view.php?srv=img01&img=/7/2/10/f_editedHarpim_45b3bee.png)

Fanageddon, that's what. :)
May I have an unedited version sir?

hinotama
02-10-2007, 08:27 PM
I think it looks just fine edited. I really don't care either way.

Shadow The Unborn
02-10-2007, 08:36 PM
I think it looks just fine edited. I really don't care either way.
What are ya, a gal? Please don't take it offence to it, but I feel that only a female would type that statement.

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 08:37 PM
May I have an unedited version sir?

There ya go, govna! (http://http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/ManjyomeThunder/fotb1/020.jpg)

Shadow The Unborn
02-10-2007, 08:41 PM
There ya go, govna! (http://http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f361/ManjyomeThunder/fotb1/020.jpg)
The link don't work gov. :(

Chaos D
02-10-2007, 08:45 PM
this card first effect is good and the only reason this card might see play in a harpie deck

Perentie Fan
02-10-2007, 08:51 PM

We can't really expect her to not get edited, only hope that the edit will look better than the purple-suited harpies. I mean look at the Queen, there are succubi that are more conservative.;)

Though Harpie Girl did get through uncensored somehow in her original release, but she didn't show quite as much skin as Queen. I wonder how it all works though, much as how the original English Harpie Lady (normal monster version) was also unedited on her first release. I mean it seems odd that they would focus on translating and leave the picture unedited, then decide later to edit it. The different standards are confusing too (i.e. Burstinatrix and others get treated to different degrees of censorship depending if they are on the card, the anime, or an action figure).

this card first effect is good and the only reason this card might see play in a harpie deck
*stares slack-jawed* I think you misread the card. The second effect, being treated as Harpie Lady on the field and Graveyard is her greatest asset (effect-wise that is). Not to mention she's the first 1900 attack level 4 Winged Beast.

Really, your standards are WAY too high if you think only one thing about Harpie Queen makes her worth using.

SweetGenocide
02-10-2007, 08:55 PM
does anyone have a pic?
plus does anyone know what set this is in or is it promo?

Redshift
02-10-2007, 08:59 PM
does anyone have a pic?
plus does anyone know what set this is in or is it promo?
You’re pretty clueless aren’t you? Maybe you should stop being indolent and search the forum. You would quickly find that this card is part of the most recent Japanese set, Force of the Breaker. Or just look at the damn first page. Not the first post mind you, but a few posts down. God forbid you have to scroll down a bit and read. I’m going to be nice and provide a picture: Harpie Queen (http://i91.photobucket.com/albums/k297/shriek9/Force_of_theBreaker/020.jpg).

Mai Fanatic24
02-10-2007, 09:00 PM
*Reads card effect...looks at art* My life is COMPLETE!! ^_______^
(well...it will be once it's released in the states anyways ^.^ ) I really hope she stays at Rare status. Imma cram as many of he rinto my deck as humanly possible!!!

SweetGenocide
02-10-2007, 09:04 PM
wow.............awesome art.......-__-......

Crossfade
02-10-2007, 09:04 PM
What are ya, a gal? Please don't take it offence to it, but I feel that only a female would type that statement.

Or it could be somebody who doesn't get off from some cardboard/film sheet of paper, with ink and soy ink plastered on it, which more or less, is kind of gross.

The art doesn't need to be editted, not much does, except things like Water Omotics for obvious reasons.

Spyhunter_forever
02-10-2007, 09:11 PM
artwork: 10/10 (if this card gets pic changed in eng version, im driving a tank along with a riot to ude/konami hq) XD

effect: 8/10 (requires the field card to stay alive on field, rivals cyber dragon with the atk booster, takes out terroforming's slot for monster slot and free pot of avarice food)

overall: a must have in a harpy staple deck, i would run 2-3 in the deck

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 09:14 PM
Or it could be somebody who doesn't get off from some cardboard, which more or less, is kind of gross.

The art doesn't need to be editted, not much does, except things like Water Omotics for obvious reasons.

Not really card board, but a film sheet of paper, with ink and soy ink plastered on it.

Additional Comment:
artwork: 10/10 (if this card gets pic changed in eng version, im driving a tank along with a riot to ude/konami hq) XD

effect: 8/10 (requires the field card to stay alive on field, rivals cyber dragon with the atk booster, takes out terroforming's slot for monster slot and free pot of avarice food)

overall: a must have in a harpy staple deck, i would run 2-3 in the deck

The text has been updated. She doesn't need the field to keep her fine ass alive. Not to mention she combo's with Pet Dragon and Icarus Attack, and Hysteric Party.

Crossfade
02-10-2007, 09:15 PM
Not really card board, but a film sheet of paper, with ink and soy ink plastered on it.

Either way, it's gross =\

Professor Elm
02-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Now that Harpie is simply hawt.
AND off da chain. Of course UDE simply IS GOING TO edit her (it is sad but true)
There's just no way that a mother would buy their son/daughter a card that basically showed the boobs of a Harpie (whether it's ficitional or not)
Oh well.

Mai Fanatic24
02-10-2007, 09:21 PM
I wonder if this beauty of a card will make more people run harpies? Not for her looks, but for her divine awesomeness in other aspects simply as a card. Though it may be a little odd, I honestly hope that Harpies remain an obscure decktype. It makes me feel special when I play them =^_^= As strange and lame as that sounds

Spyhunter_forever
02-10-2007, 09:22 PM
Now that Harpie is simply hawt.
AND off da chain. Of course UDE simply IS GOING TO edit her (it is sad but true)
There's just no way that a mother would buy their son/daughter a card that basically showed the boobs of a Harpie (whether it's ficitional or not)
Oh well.

anyone know the card's rarity? if its at least silver rare, then i guess ill go on ebay and buy it off the ultimate rare japanese version :D

Redshift
02-10-2007, 09:23 PM
Either way, it's gross =\
The intent of Konami was to create an attractive figure. They can’t do that if people aren’t attracted to images. It doesn’t matter that the character is drawn on cardboard/paper, because it’s the image on it or what the picture symbolizes that Konami wants people to see. Otherwise they could have made her a decrepit old woman and it would have no effect on her popularity. While the extent of some people’s obsession is sometimes disturbing, it is foolish to think a drawing can’t be attractive.

But of course, nothing beats a real woman. :D

Crossfade
02-10-2007, 09:28 PM
The intent of Konami was to create an attractive figure. They can’t do that if people aren’t attracted to images. It doesn’t matter that the character is drawn on cardboard/paper, because it’s the image on it or what the picture symbolizes that Konami wants people to see. Otherwise they could have made her a decrepit old woman and it would have no effect on her popularity. While the extent of some people’s obsession is sometimes disturbing, it is foolish to think a drawing can’t be attractive.

But of course, nothing beats a real woman. :D

There is nothing wrong with not thinking it is attractive, but there is something wrong when you start to get sexual tension.

And your last sentence sums up what I have been saying.

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 09:49 PM
There is nothing wrong with not thinking it is attractive, but there is something wrong when you start to get sexual tension.

Not really. The human body reacts to the carnal actions of animals, and certain dialog or paly-on-words can send a person flying off the H-end.

Your born with a preference, and as you grow up, you shape and sculpt it. That's why when you end up gay in life, it was because it was the mentality you were born with.

If you like drawings of females, then that's normal too. It only mirrors human physique, with colours and a beter preception and it leaves more to the imagination. Ever wonder why the Harpie series, the Pikeru series, the Allure Queen series, and the Cyber sporty monsters are so popular in this game?

Redshift
02-10-2007, 09:54 PM

Then I completely agree with you.

JLewko
02-10-2007, 09:57 PM

Of course it's weird to "fall in love with" a card. It has no personality.

It's perfectly fine to find an illustration attractive. It's drawn to that way for that very purpose. Why do you think such artwork is so popular in Japan?

Zalde
02-10-2007, 10:20 PM
I'm not (sexually) attracted to her at all. But I still don't want her purpled. It would be a shame because she has a wonderful figure and design. If she were edited, it would be a better job than 1,2,3 were. A nice green/black would be okay.

But we have America's Next Top Model showing more, so what's wrong with her curviness?

Oh and she's the best Winged-Beast ever.

Sasuke Uchiha
02-10-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm not (sexually) attracted to her at all. But I still don't want her purpled. It would be a shame because she has a wonderful figure and design. If she were edited, it would be a better job than 1,2,3 were. A nice green/black would be okay.

But we have America's Next Top Model showing more, so what's wrong with her curviness?

Oh and she's the best Winged-Beast ever.

ANTM is a show targeted to those age 15+, correct? Little kiddies don't watch ANTM. Actually, little kiddies just laugh all together at the slight mention of boobs.

MegaXiaolinBell
02-10-2007, 10:32 PM
When I first saw Harpie Queen I thought "Where the heck are her clothes?!". lol

The New Kid
02-10-2007, 10:32 PM
As I said before hope she gets the Harpie Girl treatment. (Misses editing in sneak Preview and than gets edited) we'll see. Anyway, yes ANTM is targeted to 15+ and UDE doesn't think the way you do, if kids don't buy it, its not worth it.

The Obsession
02-10-2007, 10:36 PM
See ya Cyber Prima, Harpie Queen is my new #1! :cool:

I am so excited about this card, I can't wait to play it. I was holding off my Harpie deck until I saw what was in FOTB and now....wow. Best card in the set, IMO.... well, except for the Wind Monarch. :)

I will be so sad when she's editted, but at least I'll have a lot of her Japanese copies to collect.

Great card and hot artwork (tummy and boobs).
You can't beat that.

~The Duelist in Black

Flames of a Phoenix
02-10-2007, 10:54 PM
Can't you be in love with the concept of a card? The quality of the art, the quality of the effect? The love for the fact that Harpies got support?

I can and so can you.

colt45
02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
I was wanting to get this card originally for the art, but now I want it for every aspect of it (stats, effect, and art)!!!

I think I'll make it into a new avatar (goes off to make a Harpie Queen avatar).

~Colt45~

Zalde
02-10-2007, 11:06 PM
It is targeted there, but when was the last time that mattered. It's only TV-PG.

Little kiddies could watch ANTM and Charmed and I doubt their parents would care.

And I agree with Flames. But the art is hella though.

Exiled
02-10-2007, 11:28 PM
I'm not a fan of Harpies but this is a great notch in the right direction. Her art is pretty much the best I've ever seen in my life. I may try and collect her but I'd look like a pompous dork doing so, so I would try and uphold my reputation first

But you play a Kids card game, what Reputation do you have?

Oh, scratch that :D

Wilren
02-10-2007, 11:48 PM
First Hunter Owl, and now this...Harpies are finally going to be getting the tourney-level love they deserve.

My lone fear is what UDE will do to the artwork on the card. ;_;

Flames of a Phoenix
02-10-2007, 11:51 PM
First Hunter Owl, and now this...Harpies are finally going to be getting the tourney-level love they deserve.

My lone fear is what UDE will do to the artwork on the card. ;_;Shade her shoulders and torso purple to look like she's wearing a shirt? And possibility reduce her bust?

Oh noes. They're continuing a trend of editing cards for their targeted demographic.

Perentie Fan
02-11-2007, 12:34 AM
Shade her shoulders and torso purple to look like she's wearing a shirt? And possibility reduce her bust?

Oh noes. They're continuing a trend of editing cards for their targeted demographic.
Indeed, I think people need to stop moaning about the inevitable editing. It was fun and funny at first, but now its just starting to get old and annoying. There's nothing we can do about it after all.

For those who care about the art of the cards being unedited we should be thankful we have the option of getting the Japanese version online and leave it at that. I know I'm grateful.

What I dislike more are the nonsensical edits, like making the turrets on XYZ Dragon Cannon into cosmo guns when they are already firing lasers.:rolleyes:

Zalde
02-11-2007, 12:41 AM
If you want Harpie Queen to go unedited, make this your signature image! (http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c341/mononokehime/Harpiesig2.jpg)

Make sure to have everything else be legal! And if you use it, mention Supercali made it. Please?

Professor Elm
02-11-2007, 12:43 AM
How can I get that in my sig.
It won't let me copy and paste.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 12:45 AM
1. Take the URL from the top and copy it.
2. Go to edit Signature.
3. Hit the button with a Mountain and sun on it and paste.

Badda bing!

Professor Elm
02-11-2007, 12:48 AM
2. Go to edit Signature.

Badda bing!
Thank you!

Kiriyama
02-11-2007, 12:49 AM
This card will be banned for graphic images in a childrens card game.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 12:51 AM
She's in what's called a bikini.

Scantily clad in said bikini, but whatever.

Redshift
02-11-2007, 12:56 AM
This card will be banned for graphic images in a childrens card game.
The OCG isn’t geared towards children as young as those that the TCG is geared towards. Not to mention, Japanese culture seems to be more open about this sort of thing.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 01:00 AM
There's not even anything wrong with it.

Yeah, she's in a bikini. SO WHAT? Victoria's Secret can air it's ads on TV, right?

NOTHING IS WRONG WITH HER ART. She's in a bikini for Andrews' sake.

Crossfade
02-11-2007, 01:02 AM
If anything, I can really only see her boobs getting the edit treatment.

If they can't let Dark Magician Girl have any cleavage at all, they surely won't allow any side boob.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 01:03 AM
Breasts are natural and healthy. No reason to hide them.

Crossfade
02-11-2007, 01:03 AM

Blame the soccer moms =\

Zalde
02-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Blame the soccer moms =\

Jealousy??

Redshift
02-11-2007, 01:08 AM
It’s pretty obvious that the ‘hypothetical’ TCG version of this card WILL get edited, no matter what your views are. She WILL have her body covered up, and she WILL have her breasts reduced in size. So it’s pointless to continue discussion.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 01:10 AM
The human body doesn't need to be censored. Konami needs to realize this.

Redshift
02-11-2007, 01:25 AM
If you’re going to challenge Konami, you may as well challenge society itself. Society censors. Konami follows society. I really see no point in your statements.

Exiled
02-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Not really, but I suppose the technical views of North America and Japan are quite different. This wouldn't be a problem if none of the kids would imitate what they see on a cardboard

You're quite defendent on this card among all others eh? I know how you feel ^_^

Shadow The Unborn
02-11-2007, 01:28 AM
NO! It's those damn soccer moms, Regilious zealouts and the like. There too represted. That's the problem.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 01:39 AM
If you’re going to challenge Konami, you may as well challenge society itself. Society censors. Konami follows society. I really see no point in your statements.

Tell that to Janet Jackson's boob.

Konami has warped views of American society. Upperdeck has no problem with a lot of stuff.

Exxy: I've always loved Harpies. Mostly because I love Mai. Spunky yet still beautiful.

Shadow The Unborn
02-11-2007, 01:45 AM
Tell that to Janet Jackson's boob.

Konami has warped views of American society. Upperdeck has no problem with a lot of stuff.

Exxy: I've always loved Harpies. Mostly because I love Mai. Spunky yet still beautiful.
If only we could convince them, mabey we can start some movement to provent future censorship of cards like these. The soccer moms can mess with the regilious symbols, and pentagrams, but they won't take our BOOBIES!!!!!! :D God no one sig that.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 01:53 AM
If only we could convince them, mabey we can start some movement to provent future censorship of cards like these. The soccer moms can mess with the regilious symbols, and pentagrams, but they won't take our BOOBIES!!!!!! :D God no one sig that.

I don't care about the breasts. I care that they think they're wrong and that they'd edit her glorious art away.

Exiled
02-11-2007, 02:13 AM
I don't have to see 4 posts with Harpie Queen avvies ya know. I'd use that sig but I'm not that desperate lol

At first, I thought HHG would increase its atk by 300 and not 200

In the end, I would be impressed on how the unaltered Harpie Queen version would look in Ultimate Rare quality

Rakath
02-11-2007, 02:16 AM
*sigh*

It'll get edited, hopefully UDE can pull some form of Fast one and have the First Editions as unedited and claim it a mistake so me and Kuro can get pretty shiny ULT rares of her, then the Unlimited gets Edited. I'd be fine with that. ^_^

Zalde
02-11-2007, 02:23 AM
I don't have to see 4 posts with Harpie Queen avvies ya know. I'd use that sig but I'm not that desperate lol

I didn't encourage the avvy theifery.

I like the idea of Harpie Queen getting an unedited run. And then maybe getting a nice edit, so long as it's dark green/black ish.

Kiriyama
02-11-2007, 02:28 AM
Water Omotics ftl? XDROFL.

But yeah, UDE (in yugioh) is stingy and "Can't expose the children to the profanity's of the world." Rather them grow up ******ed than educated (at least until 5th grade sex ed, 7th grade sex ed and FINALLY Health Class in High school sex ed D: ). Lol....:eek:

Rakath
02-11-2007, 02:32 AM
UDE (in yugioh) is not the one requiring the censorship...

Well, Maji-Gire Panda they did, but that's all!

Roland
02-11-2007, 02:53 AM
Yu-Gi-Oh! trading cards fall under the catagory of collectible/toy which has to be certified by a national toy verifier who decide what age group the product should be intended for (ages 5+ in this case) They check for health and safety to make sure the product can do no harm to the general consumer and make sure the product is kid friendly.

That means I can't sell my hug-'n'-sniff coke care bear

or my Hannibal Lector cooking set

and defenetly not prostitue barbie

Children don't need to see a half naked chick (bad pun) on there cards, yeah sure it's nice for the adults but it's almost like playing one of those nude deck of cards.

Sorry folks there are regulations to follow and as cool as it is its just a little bit more moral. It just goes to show how perverted Japan is 9_9

Personally her edit won't bother me, it'll be nice to see her cover herself up, because she must be cold.

But i'm sure the big fans of her will get her as she is now (just not in the TCG)

Crossfade
02-11-2007, 03:07 AM
I like how everybody didn't much care for edits before.

But suddenly, a card showing boob is released, and then people go into an uproar.

Grow up people. This game is marketed towards young children, they don't need to be playing cards that show things that most parents don't want their children around until their teenage years.

Rakath
02-11-2007, 03:18 AM

But suddenly, a card showing boob is released, and then people go into an uproar.

Grow up people. This game is marketed towards young children, they don't need to be playing cards that show things that most parents don't want their children around until their teenage years.

Its not about what's being edited so much as the edited art is always bad. If they decided to make more effort on the jumpsuits (like designs on them, or feathers, or something) than just a 'oddly colored skintone' it'd be less of an issue.

However, the edits we get generally look weird.

Rezman55
02-11-2007, 03:24 AM
Couldn't you just use ***. one,I mean as long as you have the English one with you(so they can read it) and you could ask your opp. and they said it ok.

Of course, I'm man so it all good to me:D .But the Soccermoms you know how anal they get about these things.

I guess if they put more work in her Editing,it could come out fine.

Crossfade
02-11-2007, 03:27 AM
Its not about what's being edited so much as the edited art is always bad. If they decided to make more effort on the jumpsuits (like designs on them, or feathers, or something) than just a 'oddly colored skintone' it'd be less of an issue.

They edit cards to get the general child audience away from what the original art had.

Giving them jumpsuits and whatnot accomplishes this, and they don't much care about much else unless they have accomplished what they were supposed to do.

D.D. Sofa Guy
02-11-2007, 05:55 AM

True that. I wish they spent as much time on the edits as they do on the original art. A pale jump suit with feather motif would be good enough. No need to alter breast size. They're not like Double D - which most soccer mums have anyway; having bred all those children that is!!!!!11111

Near
02-11-2007, 06:00 AM
2. Go to edit Signature.

Badda bing!
Just so you know, this image breaks the limit by almost double the allowed KB size.
You're spreading a poisoned image..

Sasuke Uchiha
02-11-2007, 08:59 AM
Wow. Post going all night about Harpie Queen.

Get over it. The chick is gonna get eidted. It may have a quick run without getting edited, but nothing more. The only reason why Harpie Girl and the original Harpie lady went unedited in their initial runs was because a)Harpie Lady didn't reveal as much as Water Omotics, but after a second review, it was still exposing too much, and b)Harpie Girl is a little girl with exposed chest. And in American soceity, more so Canadian soceity, anything that runs close enough to child nudity, even if that child is a bird animorphic being, it's a possible danger to my three little sisters.

Mabye Harpie won't get edited during the pack releases for the FOTB Sneak Peek. Mabye it will. I don't think it's necessary to destroy her bust size, but there really isn't anyway to get around showing her beauty without making some people mad.

Harpie_Commander
02-11-2007, 09:50 AM
I don't care if she get edited it her stradegy in my deck I'm most interested with.And Iam also content she isn't a tribute monster, I leave the tribute summons to my Harpies Pet Dragon and thats about it.

KuroKarasu
02-11-2007, 10:11 AM
If it's any comfort, I think I designed a fairly safe edit that, although it looks a bit 4Kidsy, is a LOT better than the purple gunk!

Click me! (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hqpseditkw2.jpg)

Edit: Waaaait, someone still uses the 2-trib Pet Dragon?

Rakath
02-11-2007, 10:21 AM
If it's any comfort, I think I designed a fairly safe edit that, although it looks a bit 4Kidsy, is a LOT better than the purple gunk!

Click me! (http://img512.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hqpseditkw2.jpg)

Edit: Waaaait, someone still uses the 2-trib Pet Dragon?

*raises hand*

Not often, but he is sidedecked and I can make him maindeck focus...

He was a PAIN to get, much harder to get hold of than actually use.

However, he has one me a match in a tournament way back in the day...

Chaos_Theory
02-11-2007, 10:42 AM
Wow, that is some amazing artwork. Not just the Harpie Queen, but the background too. A very good looking card.

Harpie's Master
02-11-2007, 11:27 AM
This card is freaking awesome. The art... the effect... the stats... everything! Unfortunately, I agree with those who are upset her art will OBVIOUSLY get edited. However, I may have different reasons. The harpies of Yugioh were originally meant to be explicitly sexually-themed. Seriously, their original equip card was called "Cyber Bondage" -- think about it. Watering down their sexual overtones is what bothers me most. I would prefer that the harpies' original motif be preserved. I know that UDE is going to edit the crap out of her, but I really wish Harpie Queen would stay the way she is to preserve the sexual aspect of the harpie theme.

Professor Elm
02-11-2007, 11:36 AM
This card is freaking awesome. The art... the effect... the stats... everything! Unfortunately, I agree with those who are upset her art will OBVIOUSLY get edited. However, I may have different reasons. The harpies of Yugioh were originally meant to be explicitly sexually-themed. Seriously, their original equip card was called "Cyber Bondage" -- think about it. Watering down their sexual overtones is what bothers me most. I would prefer that the harpies' original motif be preserved. I know that UDE is going to edit the crap out of her, but I really wish Harpie Queen would stay the way she is to preserve the sexual aspect of the harpie theme.
Totally agree with you, but sadly we all know that it will get edited, but we can dream. OR maybe the incedent w/ Harpie Girl will show up.

Mage Master
02-11-2007, 11:39 AM
They could "accidently" print the un-edited version for the 1st ed print run then print the edited version in the unlimited print run.

Professor Elm
02-11-2007, 11:40 AM
They could "accidently" print the un-edited version for the 1st ed print run then print the edited version in the unlimited print run.
that would be so awesome.

Wilren
02-11-2007, 11:52 AM
If they wanted to really boost sales over here, they could always offer limited-edition unedited copies of some of the more popular altered-art cards. DMG would probably sell out in..what, 8 seconds?

`Phenom
02-11-2007, 11:53 AM
UDE has to edit it.
Sadly things like that are almost certain to cause a lawsuit. Some fool will sue, saying that it caused their child to start looking at p0rn....=\
Or, that it is sexist, or something like that. That's America for you; the country where people sue Nintendo because they were stupid enough to throw their controllers into their TVs...

Redshift
02-11-2007, 11:54 AM
Couldn't you just use ***. one,I mean as long as you have the English one with you(so they can read it) and you could ask your opp. and they said it ok.
First of all, you aren’t allowed to do that.

Second of all, we don’t even know if we’re getting this card. ;)

UDE has to edit it.
It’s like talking to a brick wall here…. Konami, not UDE, edits cards.

Professor Elm
02-11-2007, 11:55 AM
UDE has to edit it.
Sadly things like that are almost certain to cause a lawsuit. Some fool will sue, saying that it caused their child to start looking at p0rn....=\
Or, that it is sexist, or something like that. That's America for you; the country where people sue Nintendo because they were stupid enough to throw their controllers into their TVs...
Yup
It's almost as sad as people suing Mc Donalds cause they got fat. lol

Zalde
02-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh! trading cards fall under the catagory of collectible/toy which has to be certified by a national toy verifier who decide what age group the product should be intended for (ages 5+ in this case) They check for health and safety to make sure the product can do no harm to the general consumer and make sure the product is kid friendly.

That means I can't sell my hug-'n'-sniff coke care bear

or my Hannibal Lector cooking set

and defenetly not prostitue barbie

Children don't need to see a half naked chick (bad pun) on there cards, yeah sure it's nice for the adults but it's almost like playing one of those nude deck of cards.

Sorry folks there are regulations to follow and as cool as it is its just a little bit more moral. It just goes to show how perverted Japan is 9_9

Personally her edit won't bother me, it'll be nice to see her cover herself up, because she must be cold.

But i'm sure the big fans of her will get her as she is now (just not in the TCG)

That's not perversion. That's called not being influenced by the Victorian time period where they had to cover table legs for fear of it being to sexy.

Europe is fine with nudity like this, and that would make Australia. And obviously some of Asia is (although China and Vietnam probably aren't). I don't know about South America or Africa, but still, with Eurasia and Australia, that's half of the world right there.

And I couldn't care less about the breasts. I actually kinda feel sorry for her, not getting to have some support.

starting_line32
02-11-2007, 12:16 PM
I was dissapointed that there was only going to be one card to support the Harpie theme (other than the WIND Monarch) in this set, but after seeing this card's correct effect, it's more than enough! A card that makes Hunting Ground more playable, hits 2100 with Hunting Ground on the field, and can be used to activate Elegant Egotist and power up Pet Baby Dragon, 3 copies of this will make any Harpie deck MUCH better.

Also, awesome artwork, never a downside.

Zalde
02-11-2007, 12:25 PM
Just so you know, this image breaks the limit by almost double the allowed KB size.
You're spreading a poisoned image..

Oh crap! I mis-saved it.

A new version will be up soon, and no one will have to recode anything.

EDIT: Resaved it to 29 KB. Which is 1 under the limit.

perzeus
02-11-2007, 12:54 PM
I was dissapointed that there was only going to be one card to support the Harpie theme (other than the WIND Monarch) in this set, but after seeing this card's correct effect, it's more than enough! A card that makes Hunting Ground more playable, hits 2100 with Hunting Ground on the field, and can be used to activate Elegant Egotist and power up Pet Baby Dragon, 3 copies of this will make any Harpie deck MUCH better.

Also, awesome artwork, never a downside.
yep, for the time being it's enough to support harpie decks, altough i'm still hoping for a retrained harpie lady triplets that has the effects of harpie lady 1, 2 and 3

VampireGod
02-11-2007, 01:40 PM
I don't understand why people are upset that they're putting clothing on card pictures. If it were a hustler or playboy TCG then yeah, I could understand it, but this is marketed as a children's game, so it should be expected and accepted.

Ryusaki
02-11-2007, 01:42 PM
I don't understand why people are upset that they're putting clothing on card pictures. If it were a hustler or playboy TCG then yeah, I could understand it, but this is marketed as a children's game, so it should be expected and accepted.They're probably complaining because the TCG's purple jumpsuits look really, really out of place and....stupid.

Professor Elm
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM
They're probably complaining because the TCG's purple jumpsuits look really, really out of place and....stupid.
Yes.
I wouldn't really mind if they actually had some looking suits/armor.
BUT what is up with that purple suit? It u glay

Perentie Fan
02-11-2007, 01:48 PM

I think its more that its the first high-profile, popular card to be released in quite a while in a Booster series that is certain to get some heavy editing.

I know there are people who must have been quite upset with the treatment of Dark Lord Ha-ades when he came out in the TCG with his blood wine gone and his magnificient horns replaced by strange globes.

starting_line32
02-11-2007, 01:52 PM
People don't enjoy the Harpie edits because purple skin looks strange. Also, they had no reason to choose purple skin over something else. It's just...random.

On another note, it will be cool to have the potential to activate "Hysteric Party" and actually be able to swarm the field with 5 monsters that all have an average of 2000 ATK (If Harpie Lady 1 is used).

Harpie's Master
02-11-2007, 02:09 PM
I hope so, too, but I'm skeptical.

To repeat, the problem I have with harpies' edited card art is that it downplays their spirit of sexuality.

KuroKarasu
02-11-2007, 02:31 PM
They're probably complaining because the TCG's purple jumpsuits look really, really out of place and....stupid.

Exactly. Even in France they have those jumpsuits...:(

Harpie's Zephyr
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
I would also like for Harpie Queen to go unedited but it seems highly unprobable. Truth be told I'm just glad that the Harpies aren't some ugly, loathesome creatures as they were described in mythology.

Perentie Fan
02-11-2007, 02:36 PM
To repeat, the problem I have with harpies' edited card art is that it downplays their spirit of sexuality.
Well to get that you would have to somehow aim Yugioh at a higher age base, which is likely to never really happen, and even then you could run into problems.

I mean even in Japan in the anime the harpies are more censored than their cards. I mean that blue-skinned harpies are all that ever appear, and in the recent anime episode with them in it they even wear more clothing than before, albeit they still looked better than the TCG edit.

I wouldn't mind an edit closer to what they did with Cyber Blader, which is basically darkening parts of her to make her appear covered up more without really changing the card too much.

But then again I am a bit OCD when it comes to edited cards, the unedited versions just always seem to look better to me, they have more "life" in them, look more "real."

I mean look at Lesser Fiend. He's not much to look at in the TCG, just an odd little dogman thing with four arms, while the original has magnificient wings, unique goat-like horns and such and a better color scheme.

Its hard to explain, but not really related to me wanting to look at scantily clad female drawings. On that note I actually find the harpies with golden armor covering them more to actually be more attractive.

Speaking of which, I wonder if they do come out with another Harpie Lady Sisters, if they could make other cards to give Harpie Queen some golden armor and group her with them somehow. Hmmm, only time will tell.

I would also like for Harpie Queen to go unedited but it seems highly unprobable. Truth be told I'm just glad that the Harpies aren't some ugly, loathesome creatures as they were described in mythology.
Actually according to wikipedia at least harpies are beautiful creatures in some of the later myths about them, just originally described as ugly.

Sasuke Uchiha
02-11-2007, 02:40 PM
Its hard to explain, but not really related to me wanting to look at scantily clad female drawings. On that note I actually find the harpies with golden armor covering them more to actually be more attractive.

Yeah, before I saw this card, I was totally in love with Cyber Harpie and the crew. But what can I say, I'm a bigger fan of skin over metal. :D

Perentie Fan
02-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Yeah, before I saw this card, I was totally in love with Cyber Harpie and the crew. But what can I say, I'm a bigger fan of skin over metal. :D
Well, Harpie Queen does make it a tough contest, especially with how Cyber Harpie's face is messed up (much better in the anime) and only two of the sisters on Harpie Lady Sisters are drawn well.:)

Harpie's Zephyr
02-11-2007, 02:50 PM
But would it still make a difference if they were covered up or showing skin? Harpies either way in my eyes are beautiful. And yes later they were described as beautiful, it's just that my book on mythology is a little outdated(Printed in 1964).

KuroKarasu
02-11-2007, 03:21 PM
But would it still make a difference if they were covered up or showing skin? Harpies either way in my eyes are beautiful. And yes later they were described as beautiful, it's just that my book on mythology is a little outdated(Printed in 1964).

I thought it was the other way around; beautiful at first, then later a monstrocity? :confused:

Redshift
02-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I made few modifications of my own. Four girls are better than one. :D And one more for the avatar.

Harpie's Zephyr
02-11-2007, 03:27 PM
No to my understanding they were first seen as ugly, as the article on wikipedia says that "Harpies as beautiful winged bird-women are a late development" meaning they were first seen as ugly and scary, I guess you could say. Either way I'm glad for their new support as of late.

KuroKarasu
02-11-2007, 03:50 PM
No to my understanding they were first seen as ugly, as the article on wikipedia says that "Harpies as beautiful winged bird-women are a late development" meaning they were first seen as ugly and scary, I guess you could say. Either way I'm glad for their new support as of late.

So'm I. <3 The only thing I really don't like is the dragon, but that's just me...

I think the main reason that I thought it was the other way around was because of the fact that humans seem make things out to be more monstrous as tales go on. The thing is, if I recall, they started out to be beautiful (in Hesoid, apparently), were transmogrified by oral tradition, then redone for the media (as this "modern development"). Sex appeal sells and feathered hags don't, y'know?

By the way, even though Wiki may seem helpful at first, I'd like to note that it can be unreliable. Looking up stuff for school projects, I've seen some random things there.

Another interesting note: Lilitu, the supposed mother of all succubi, incubi, and various other demons actually looks a lot like a harpy, and has certain associations with the screech owl.

Avians are everywhere if you know where to look. Seriously, the first thing I thought of when I saw the Harpy Queen was "Swan Lake."

Zalde
02-11-2007, 03:56 PM
Seriously, the first thing I thought of when I saw the Harpy Queen was "Swan Lake."

Same here!

Dark Void
02-11-2007, 04:01 PM
I want 3. =P

Harpie's Zephyr
02-11-2007, 04:56 PM
KuroKarasu: Sad but true. I guess this is what makes us human and at the same time showing our animalistic nature.

Harpie's Master
02-11-2007, 05:35 PM
Well to get that you would have to somehow aim Yugioh at a higher age base, which is likely to never really happen, and even then you could run into problems.

I mean even in Japan in the anime the harpies are more censored than their cards. I mean that blue-skinned harpies are all that ever appear, and in the recent anime episode with them in it they even wear more clothing than before, albeit they still looked better than the TCG edit.

. . .

Yeah, editing sucks. I can accept the editing, but I don't have to like it. Haha! :p

KuroKarasu
02-11-2007, 06:34 PM
Same here!

If they made a "black swan" card of sorts...Hooo boy...:D

Not that the white one's half bad, though! <3

The_Snowy_Owl
02-11-2007, 10:52 PM
Too many Harpie banner and avatars!

Rena can't even tell who is who anymore!

:confused:

Shadow The Unborn
02-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Too many Harpie banner and avatars!

Rena can't even tell who is who anymore!

:confused:
Don't worry.....Just look at the usernames. :p

Fusion Jyoonouchi
02-12-2007, 03:03 AM
Although i love the artwork, Harpies were always begging for a censor in a kid-friendly game like yugimonz. Only way this will slip up by Konami is at the Sneak Peak of FOTB, then altered on the spot for the official release. If that happened, i could see Queen going for quite a $$$ on E-bay.. I hate the purple jumpsuits, and i hope they take a direction in the edit like Harpie Girl's Art. With H. Queen they've taken a new direction in Harpies too, since she moves to the cute-yet-scantly-dressed from the Dominatrixes the original Harpies were.

Art aside, it is an amazing effect. 3 Queens are a staple now. Wind is looking extremely good with the release of this, the Wind Monarch and Hunter Owl.

KONRAD
02-12-2007, 03:23 AM
*champagne*
FINALLY GUYS, FINALLY :D

Romancer
02-12-2007, 02:18 PM
I made few modifications of my own. Four girls are better than one. And one more for the avatar.
Your Avatar offends me. :mad:

How could you not include the cute chipmunk face of Aqua Maiden, the subtle adult charms of uneditted Nyan Nyan, the full bodied artistic nakedness of Water Ommotics, or the Moe goodness that is Lily-Kun? I like sexy Harpie Lady revamps too, but even the new one isn't as cute as Aqua Maiden, only more sexy, naked, and playable... If only all fan cards could claim that. :(

Exiled
02-12-2007, 02:20 PM
Your Avatar offends me. :mad:

How could you not include the cute chipmunk face of Aqua Maiden, the subtle adult charms of uneditted Nyan Nyan, the full bodied artistic nakedness of Water Ommotics, or the Moe goodness that is Lily-Kun? I like sexy Harpie Lady revamps too, but even the new one isn't as cute as Aqua Maiden, only more sexy, naked, and playable... If only all fan cards could claim that. :(
Romancer has sick thoughts. Who'd have thunk it?

Romancer
02-12-2007, 02:36 PM
Romancer has sick thoughts. Who'd have thunk it?
Weren't you around when my custom title stated: Lolicon lover? or 100% MAN! FYI

Let's put it this way, with my imagination, I'd leave the tentacle Hentai monsters with their mouths gaped open in shock and awe. Insert shameless plug: Buy my first published novel. It'll be hardcore like whoa! Perhaps even a few of these Harpie Ladies might make an appearance. Seriously!

Exiled
02-12-2007, 02:43 PM
Weren't you around when my custom title stated: Lolicon lover? or 100% MAN! FYI

Let's put it this way, with my imagination, I'd leave the tentacle Hentai monsters with their mouths gaped open in shock and awe. Insert shameless plug: Buy my first published novel. It'll be hardcore like whoa! Perhaps even a few of these Harpie Ladies might make an appearance. Seriously!
Oh I was there alright and boy do I feel shocked and amused at the same time :3

Still I think my imagination surpasses yours. I just haven't shown it yet

marhawkman
02-12-2007, 02:58 PM
...I'm in shock.

It's incredible how one error can change a card from nearly unplayable to simply amazing. Well, not so much, considering how one entire sentence was translated completely wrong.

Now it works with Elegant Egotist, Pet Baby Dragon, Hunting Ground, and even Hysteric Party. I just have to thank Konami for this one...

...and did I mention the incredible art?that was a HUGE error. Kinda like the one they made with Regenerating mummy, but worse. (their original text had regenerating mummy return to hand no matter how it went to grave)

jwizzle5786
02-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Wow, what a nice change. This cards makes Harpies a bit more playable, but they still need cards to be a real threat. Heres hoping Tactial Evolution makes them competetive.

Perentie Fan
02-12-2007, 07:46 PM
Wow, what a nice change. This cards makes Harpies a bit more playable, but they still need cards to be a real threat. Heres hoping Tactial Evolution makes them competetive.
Like what exactly? They now have some very strong cards indeed, with the likes of the mass summoning of Hysteric Party, the swarm from hand or deck to field of Elegant Egotist, and the might of God Bird Attack and Wind Art (both of which combo well with Hysteric Party). Then there is the Field Spell that turns each Harpie into a Breaker, and Baby Pet Dragon, whose third effect will now be much easier to use. Not to mention their searchability with Kamikiri/Dragonfly (well Queen can't be searched, but the Dragon and other harpies can).

Double the monsters to use them on and a bit more muscle was what they needed most and Harpie Queen has provided that. I of course hope for more and don't assume they will suddenly take big national championships but I don't see how they are seriously lacking anywhere anymore.

starting_line32
02-12-2007, 07:51 PM
Like what exactly?

Harpies could still REALLY use a "retrained" version of Harpie Lady Sisters, it's just not a very playable card to use in a Harpie deck at this point (especially with Harpie Queen having only 50 less attack).

It would also be nice if a Pet Dragon came out that was 5-6 stars with 2000+ ATK and the same effect as the original; Harpie's would benefit from a large beatstick (though the new Winged-Beast Emporer will be more than sufficiant). It could be argued that Pet Baby Dragon is a beatstick, but until Harpie Queen is released, putting 2-3 Harpies on the field to power up Pet Baby Dragon isn't a safe manuver what with all the monster-destroying Gadget decks running amuck.

Blade of darkness
02-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Ok these are children’s playing cards right?

All hentai jokes aside this is very nice, but i still think this theme will be a casual deck only.

Looking at the wind attribute as a whole well that’s a different story...

JLewko
02-12-2007, 08:07 PM
Ok these are children’s playing cards right?

All hentai jokes aside this is very nice, but i still think this theme will be a casual deck only.

Looking at the wind attribute as a whole well that’s a different story...
They're not just for children (looks at just about EVERY FEMALE CARD EVAR), but children will inevitably be playing with them, and they are marketed to kids. That's the reason for editing.

Exiled
02-12-2007, 08:34 PM
Harpies could still REALLY use a "retrained" version of Harpie Lady Sisters, it's just not a very playable card to use in a Harpie deck at this point (especially with Harpie Queen having only 50 less attack).

It would also be nice if a Pet Dragon came out that was 5-6 stars with 2000+ ATK and the same effect as the original; Harpie's would benefit from a large beatstick (though the new Winged-Beast Emporer will be more than sufficiant). It could be argued that Pet Baby Dragon is a beatstick, but until Harpie Queen is released, putting 2-3 Harpies on the field to power up Pet Baby Dragon isn't a safe manuver what with all the monster-destroying Gadget decks running amuck.
That would defeat the purpose of the original. Harpies Pet Baby Dragon was enough as it is

starting_line32
02-12-2007, 09:06 PM
That would defeat the purpose of the original. Harpies Pet Baby Dragon was enough as it is

Harpie Ladies 1, 2, 3, and Cyber Harpie Lady defeat the purpose of the original Harpie Lady.

Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon is (currently) an unwise investment. With only one Harpie on the field your opponent can only attack Pet Baby Dragon, but odds are that's the monster they would have chosen to attack anyway seeing as it would usually have less attack. Risking two or three Harpies to use its other effects is usually not the best thing to do as Harpies are few and far between. This will change when Harpie Queen is released, of course, but for now it's just mediocre.

Maybe I'm playing Pet Baby Dragon wrong and someone would like to fill me in on it.

Exiled
02-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Harpie Ladies 1, 2, 3, and Cyber Harpie Lady defeat the purpose of the original Harpie Lady.

Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon is (currently) an unwise investment. With only one Harpie on the field your opponent can only attack Pet Baby Dragon, but odds are that's the monster they would have chosen to attack anyway seeing as it would usually have less attack. Risking two or three Harpies to use its other effects is usually not the best thing to do as Harpies are few and far between. This will change when Harpie Queen is released, of course, but for now it's just mediocre.

Maybe I'm playing Pet Baby Dragon wrong and someone would like to fill me in on it.
Harpy Lady 1, 2, 3 is a byproduct of Harpy Lady Sisters. The harpy ruling doesn't defeat anything, but the ruling is crap as hell

starting_line32
02-12-2007, 09:53 PM
Harpy Lady 1, 2, 3 is a byproduct of Harpy Lady Sisters. The harpy ruling doesn't defeat anything, but the ruling is crap as hell

My point is a new Pet Dragon wouldn't "defeat the purpose" of the old one (nearly no one runs it as it isn't good enough to be run), it would just be a nice replacement, just like a new Harpie Lady Sisters would be a nice replacement. Harpie's have support, it just needs to be more playable support.

Perentie Fan
02-12-2007, 09:59 PM

I was under the impression this discussion was about what Harpies lack now that they have the Queen, not what they lacked without Queen?:confused: Queen changes most everything about the Harpie theme's playability simply because she adds muscle to the deck and gives Pet Baby Dragon and Hysteric Party three extra targets.

Exiled
02-12-2007, 10:12 PM
My point is a new Pet Dragon wouldn't "defeat the purpose" of the old one (nearly no one runs it as it isn't good enough to be run), it would just be a nice replacement, just like a new Harpie Lady Sisters would be a nice replacement. Harpie's have support, it just needs to be more playable support.
It would if the entire effect is the carbon copy of the original

DragonAlchemist
02-13-2007, 07:28 PM

FOTB-JP020
Harpy Queen
Wind/Bird/4/1900/1200
Rare

REJOICE!

Knowing when the TCG releases Force of the Breaker, we're still going to want the OCG version for the art....

Censorship is t3h suxorz....

SweetGenocide
02-13-2007, 10:19 PM
the original harpy is so outdated its not even funny.
The art on the original is awesome though...hee hee

KuroKarasu
02-14-2007, 12:01 AM

Honestly, do we really need MORE Pet Dragons? I'd personally like to see a Gryphon card with some relation to the Harpy line...

Exiled
02-14-2007, 12:04 AM
Honestly, do we really need MORE Pet Dragons? I'd personally like to see a Gryphon card with some relation to the Harpy line...
I want a Harpies Brother 1, 2, and 3 with effects. I know you do too!

KuroKarasu
02-14-2007, 12:26 AM
I want a Harpies Brother 1, 2, and 3 with effects. I know you do too!

Harpie's Brother =/= A "Harpy" by any means in the OCG. Its Japanese name was "Bird Man," roughly.

We already have 4 male Harpies, technically...

Zalde
02-14-2007, 12:42 AM
Care to explain?

Exiled
02-14-2007, 12:53 AM
Harpie's Brother =/= A "Harpy" by any means in the OCG. Its Japanese name was "Bird Man," roughly.

It's still Harpie support :o

perzeus
02-14-2007, 07:38 AM
It's still Harpie support :o
maybe bird/wind support, but not harpie support

Perentie Fan
02-14-2007, 08:16 AM
Care to explain?
Hmmm, this is judging by body structure to show they are the same overall race/species. There is Swift Birdman Joe, Sonic Shooter, and Storm Shooter. All are humanoid and have the same wing structure. Harpie's Brother has no connection to Harpies in its original name (and thus gets an exclusion clause under Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon), and his body is designed very differently. So that's only 3...:confused:

Birdface could be the 4th, as I once saw it referred to as a male harpie because of its effect (searching out a harpie being like a mating call), but I think that's a stretch.

starting_line32
02-14-2007, 08:30 AM

I'm a big fan of Pet Dragon and I'm dissapointed that the original is so unplayable. I want one that can actually be used!

a Gryphon would be nice. Esspecially if it was a beatstick of some sort. As far as I can see, that's one of the only things the Harpie line really lacks (for when swarming isn't enough).

Perentie Fan
02-14-2007, 08:37 AM
I'm a big fan of Pet Dragon and I'm dissapointed that the original is so unplayable. I want one that can actually be used!
Isn't that what Pet Baby Dragon is?

Anyway, I would plain just like a good griffon monster period, whether it supported harpies or not. Especially if it looked like the griffons or hippogriffs in movies like Narnia and Harry Potter.

For a great pun they could always make a Harpie's Eagle.:) (i.e. there is a real harpy eagle, the strongest of all eagles, found in South America).

starting_line32
02-14-2007, 08:47 AM
Isn't that what Pet Baby Dragon is?

Anyway, I would plain just like a good griffon monster period, whether it supported harpies or not. Especially if it looked like the griffons or hippogriffs in movies like Narnia and Harry Potter.

For a great pun they could always make a Harpie's Eagle.:) (i.e. there is a real harpy eagle, the strongest of all eagles, found in South America).

Pet Baby Dragon is a poor substitution in my opinion. I don't see how using three other monsters to power up one monster is good use of resources (especially when we currently only have three Harpies to use until Queen comes out). I want something that starts out a little bigger ATK point wise, seeing as Pet Baby Dragon's first effect is well-meaning, but pointless as it has so little attack.

On another note, when Queen comes out, would it still be the norm to run 3x Harpie Lady 1 (since Queen has greater attack even if Harpie Lady 1 Has her power boost)? I think my line-up will change to:

Harpie Lady 1 x2
Cyber Harpie Lady (maybe Harpie Lady 2, depends on the meta)
Harpie Queen x3

Harpie Ladies 2 and 3 may see more play now as Queen performs every Harpie function except being summonable by Elegant Egotist.

Sasuke Uchiha
02-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Pet Baby Dragon is a poor substitution in my opinion. I don't see how using three other monsters to power up one monster is good use of resources (especially when we currently only have three Harpies to use until Queen comes out).......

This is the essential monster line-up for Harpies

3 Harpie Queen
3 Harpie Lady 1
<insert amount of sisters here>
<insert amount of Pet Baby Dragon's here>

Harpies should always have strong attackers. You could use three Harpy 1's to power up all your wind types, or 3 Cyebr Harpy for burte strength.

Meh. Zup to you how you wanna design the deck. Personally, I'd go three Queen, three 1's, and 3 Pet Dragon's.

Perentie Fan
02-14-2007, 10:10 AM
This is the essential monster line-up for Harpies

3 Harpie Queen
3 Harpie Lady 1
<insert amount of sisters here>
<insert amount of Pet Baby Dragon's here>

Harpies should always have strong attackers. You could use three Harpy 1's to power up all your wind types, or 3 Cyebr Harpy for burte strength.

Meh. Zup to you how you wanna design the deck. Personally, I'd go three Queen, three 1's, and 3 Pet Dragon's.
I would think 2 Pet Dragons at most. They are so searchable (Kamikiri, Last Will, Sangan) that it shouldn't be a problem usually to get one out when you need it, so 3 might be too many.

KuroKarasu
02-14-2007, 10:41 AM
Birdface could be the 4th, as I once saw it referred to as a male harpie because of its effect (searching out a harpie being like a mating call), but I think that's a stretch.
Yep, Birdface. A lot of people forget exactly HOW sexually-dimorphic some species can be.

I'm not even going to go into the various sexual cannibalism of the arthropod world or, one of my personal favorites...The anglerfish. Birds also tend to have a fair bit of sexual differences, be it simply in size (most raptor species have the female being bigger than the male) or, especially in galliformes (pea****s, pheasants, chickens) and birds-of-paradise, excessive plumage. Some breeds even have the male and female looking so different from each other that they were first thought to be different species, so no, Birdface isn't a stretch. One thing I'd have to look at to tell for sure is the wings, which, sadly, we don't see much of on the card.

I can say, however, with some certaintly that he isn't a garuda (bird's head, wingless front limbs, wings on the back). Bird Man, I don't know what kind; talonless without a bird head makes me wanna stick him with angels. There's probably some kinda avian I don't know about (*GASP!*) that fits him, though.

Rakath
02-14-2007, 10:50 AM
The original Birdman is obviously a songbird. >.>

I was hoping for a way to tribute Baby Dragon to search out original Dragon (Deck or hand search), as that'd be cool.

Mai Fanatic24
02-14-2007, 11:13 AM
The original Birdman is obviously a songbird. >.>

I was hoping for a way to tribute Baby Dragon to search out original Dragon (Deck or hand search), as that'd be cool.
I have to agree with you there, but unfortunately, even with that additional effect the original Harpie's Pet Dragon just wouldn't cut it...
Even though I love it to death, all it really seems to do is hold Harpie decks back.

Redshift
02-14-2007, 11:29 AM
Bird Man, I don't know what kind; talonless without a bird head makes me wanna stick him with angels. There's probably some kinda avian I don't know about (*GASP!*) that fits him, though.
That’s true; he doesn’t even have a beak. Then again, none of the other Harpies do except “Birdface”. I never saw the angel resemblance over the bird resemblance until you mentioned it.

Rakath
02-14-2007, 11:32 AM
Depends on the effect of the card:

Instant Magic
Tribute 1 "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon" on your field. Special Summon 1 "Harpie's Pet Dragon" from your hand or deck.

Yeah, might see use as a finisher, but it isn't all that good.

Instant Magic
Tribute 1 "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon" on your field. Special Summon 1 "Harpie's Pet Dragon" from your hand or deck. After that, your opponent may not activate Trap cards for this turn.

Better, but it's just a reprise of X Spark.

Instant Magic
Tribute 1 "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon" on your field. Special Summon 1 "Harpie's Pet Dragon" from your hand or deck. Afterwards, send cards from your opponent's field and hand to the grave equal to the number of "Harpie Lady" on your field.

Here we go, if it did that it fits theme and makes them BLEED. It'd make Harpie's Pet Dragon (and Harpie's Baby dragon) stronger.

Flames of a Phoenix
02-14-2007, 01:43 PM
Because there's 21 pages, which I'm not going to read, I'm going to ask a question which may have been answered:

Since Harpie Queen's name effect works on the field and in the Graveyard, would you be able to use Elegant Egotist (sorry for the English name) to search her out in the deck?

Exiled
02-14-2007, 01:46 PM
Because there's 21 pages, which I'm not going to read, I'm going to ask a question which may have been answered:

Since Harpie Queen's name effect works on the field and in the Graveyard, would you be able to use Elegant Egotist (sorry for the English name) to search her out in the deck?
No. Elegant Egotist searches out a Harpie from the deck. Harpie Queen is NOT a Harpie when in the deck. It is a Harpie when in the Field or Graveyard

Rakath
02-14-2007, 01:48 PM
You can summon Harpie Queen, then use her as the requirement to activate Elegant Egotist (getting Harpie Lady /1/2/3/Cyber or Sisters from your deck) but not as what you search out.

Mai Fanatic24
02-14-2007, 01:53 PM
She's compatible with
Harpie's Pet Dragon
Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon
Hysteric Party
Harpie's Hunting Ground
the requirement for Elegant Egotist

However, she cannot be searched through
Elegant Egotist
or
Birdface

XxX.:Ash Ketchum:.XxX
02-14-2007, 03:50 PM
Yea boobies are cool ha ha FIRE FIRE

Anyway this card is very good I will probably get it once it is out.

King Of Duelists
02-14-2007, 05:13 PM
May as well join the other fanboys and put in my opinion on Harpy Queen.

My thoughts: Beautiful + playable = [insert random 1337 comment]

Harpie's Master
02-14-2007, 09:09 PM
Care to explain?
I know I'd care to explain a great deal. :P

Originally, Harpie's Brother was not supposed to be a Harpie monster. We know this because his Japanese name is Birdman.

The first male Harpie monster to come along was Birdface. His effect ties in with the Harpie theme, and he lacks any noticable female characteristics. So, I think it's safe to say he's male.

When Harpie Girl came out, she started a trend in the art of Harpie monsters. If you look closely, her art has white, x-shaped sparkles in it. This feature can be used to determine which subsequent monsters are Harpies.

When Harpie Ladies 1, 2, and 3 and Baby Dragon came out, they all had these x-shaped sparkles. This re-enforces the x-shaped sparkles as a signifier for Harpie monsters.

Harpie Queen has the x-shaped sparkles, too. Just take a look.

Swift Birdman Joe, Sonic Shooter, and Storm Shooter also have these x-shaped sparkles -- in additional to generally looking like Harpies. So, I consider these male monsters Harpies, as well.

Earlier, I said Harpie's Brother was not originally intended to be a Harpie. However, I think that over time, he has become one. Since his English name is Harpie's Brother, I think Konami adopted him (so to speak) as a Harpie later. Swift Birdman Joe, who is a Harpie, is also called Birdman. This name link is, to me, an indication that Harpie's Brother is presently considered a Harpie -- even though he wasn't originally intended to be.

So, in my opinion, we have 5 Harpie men:
1. Harpie's Brother
2. Birdface
3. Swift Birdman Joe
4. Sonic Shooter
5. Storm Shooter

Rakath
02-14-2007, 09:19 PM
Birdman (En: Harpie's Brother) does not have the body design, he lacks wings on his arms, or oversized talons for fingers. He also has no x shaped sparkles. He also was purposefully excluded from the effect "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon". His UDE/TCG name can't be taken into as much account as you give, names before PGD/MFC in english didn't have as much... thought, put into them. No taking archtype support into account back in the old days.

Harpie's are creatures with a human torso/head, with bird-like limbs. It does not have extra limbs as designed to correlate with "Angels" (and demonic creatures with bat wings) on their back.

Leading back to "Birdman is a songbird."

Perentie Fan
02-14-2007, 10:31 PM
The first male Harpie monster to come along was Birdface. His effect ties in with the Harpie theme, and he lacks any noticable female characteristics. So, I think it's safe to say he's male.
Though I bet he doesn't get many ladies these days with the likes of Joe and the Shooters around, they be hunky birdmen studs (I say this as a fully comfortable heterosexual male). :cool:

When Harpie Girl came out, she started a trend in the art of Harpie monsters. If you look closely, her art has white, x-shaped sparkles in it. This feature can be used to determine which subsequent monsters are Harpies.
Interesting, I wonder what the sparkles represent? Slash marks from talons perhaps? Strange glitters from nearby mirrors?:confused:

Swift Birdman Joe, who is a Harpie, is also called Birdman. This name link is, to me, an indication that Harpie's Brother is presently considered a Harpie -- even though he wasn't originally intended to be.
I don't know... I prefer to think a similar yet different view that at most Birdman Joe is a remade Birdman designed to look like a male harpie as it was realized Birdman didn't, and thus let them forget the original Birdman in card designs forever. Though until cards come out (if they ever do) that link the female harpies with their male counterparts, I suppose it is a teensy bit up in the air.

Kos4Evr2.0
02-15-2007, 03:59 AM
As a fan of the harpie deck type, I am very excited by this release. As the second strongest Harpie female, it seems fitting that she be unsearchable. I love the art, love the effect and love what this means for harpies, winged beasts and wind in general.

Now we just need some more support for the Amazoness.

An interesting little fun fact I observed after looking at all of the new monsters to be released that can be discarded to search out their respective field card. You see, for each of those monsters while their respective field card is in play, the attack of every one of them is 2100. Also note that only three of them start out at 2100 attack. Those same three die if their field card is not in play. I found it a balanced idea ultimately inspired by Cyber Dragon having 2100 attack. I also found it quite sad that the dino field card while offering a bigger boost than all but Necrovalley was also the only one without an effect outside of an attack boost.

Anyway, I'm really glad that Harpies Queen is coming out and now I'm left wondering how to build the deck. No doubt it will have 3 Harpies Queen. But will I got with 3 Harpie Lady 1 and 3 Flying Kamakiri because Kamakiri also searches Baby Pet Dragon or to go with 3 Cyber Harpies and 3 Birdface and just tech a Last Will for Baby Pet Dragon. Either way 3 Elegant Egotist and at least 1 Harpie Lady Sisters and 1 or 2 Baby Pet Dragon. Oh, and at least 2 Harpies Hunting Grounds.

Harpie's Master
02-15-2007, 07:48 AM
Birdman (En: Harpie's Brother) does not have the body design, he lacks wings on his arms, or oversized talons for fingers. He also has no x shaped sparkles. He also was purposefully excluded from the effect "Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon". His UDE/TCG name can't be taken into as much account as you give, names before PGD/MFC in english didn't have as much... thought, put into them. No taking archtype support into account back in the old days.
I agree that Harpie's Brother lacks visual similarity to the other Harpie monsters.

The x-shaped sparkle trend started when Harpie Girl was released. Harpie's Brother doesn't have x-shaped sparkles because he was released before Harpie Girl. All other Harpie monsters released before Harpie girl also don't have the x-shaped sparkles (Harpie Lady, Harpie Lady Sisters, Harpie's Pet Dragon, and Birdface), but we can still consider them Harpie monsters.

Harpie's Brother may not have been exluded from Baby Dragon's effect because he's not a Harpie monster. I think he was exluded because he's a male Harpie monster. Baby Dragon only interacts with the female Harpies. Otherwise, Baby Dragon's effect would also include Joe (at least -- because they were released at the same time and Joe is a Harpie monster).

The name link between Harpie's Brother and Joe is the only thing I have to validate considering Harpie's Brother a Harpie monster. I think Harpie's Brother was added to the theme after he was released because his English name suggests that he's a Harpie.

This backwards inclusion of Harpie's Brother as a Harpie monster is similar to ret-coning in comic books (details of past events in a story are changed in the present to suit the current author's intentions -- think of all the times Jean Grey hasn't really died and is re-introduced into the X-Men story or how Polaris is sometimes considered Magneto's child and sometimes not)

Rakath
02-15-2007, 08:07 AM
We have Ret-cons in this game:

Archfiend/Demon and Guardian exist, don't they.

Harpie's Brother may be a Wind/Bird, but not all Wind/Bird is Harpie cards. And he lacks the physical natures of a Harpie. If it doesn't look like a duck, act like a duck, walk like a duck, or quack like a duck, you shouldn't be calling it a duck.

P.S.: X shaped sparkles are a misdirection, or else Sapphire Dragon (En: Luster Dragon) and Hunter Owl also are Harpies too. Sometime a sparkle is just a sparkle.

Redshift
02-15-2007, 09:43 AM
The x-shaped sparkle trend started when Harpie Girl was released. Harpie's Brother doesn't have x-shaped sparkles because he was released before Harpie Girl. All other Harpie monsters released before Harpie girl also don't have the x-shaped sparkles (Harpie Lady, Harpie Lady Sisters, Harpie's Pet Dragon, and Birdface), but we can still consider them Harpie monsters.
Interestingly though, “Triangle Ecstasy Spark” features “Harpie Lady Sisters” modeled after “Harpie Lady 1”, “Harpie Lady 2” and “Harpie Lady 3”, which bear the cross-shaped sparkles, and not the original “Harpie Lady Sister”.

Harpie's Brother may not have been exluded from Baby Dragon's effect because he's not a Harpie monster. I think he was exluded because he's a male Harpie monster. Baby Dragon only interacts with the female Harpies. Otherwise, Baby Dragon's effect would also include Joe (at least -- because they were released at the same time and Joe is a Harpie monster).
No, “Harpie’s Brother” was excluded because he’s not a Harpie, plain and simple. “Harpie’s Pet Baby Dragon”’s effect only includes the so-called female Harpies because all Harpies are female (for this reason, it may be safe to assume that both Pet Dragons are also female, despite “Harpie’s Pet Baby Dragon” not including itself in its own effect to prevent it from powering itself up). “Swift Birdman Joe”, “Birdface”, “Sonic Shooter” and “Storm Shooter” are technically not Harpies. A harpie seems to be strictly female, so even though Joe may be of the same ‘species’, calling him a Harpie is like calling a man a woman.

“Harpie’s Brother” isn’t even of the same ‘species’. It’s clear his TCG name was a mistake made by the jokers who were in charge of naming cards way back when. He was never intended to be a Harpie, and still shouldn’t be (in my opinion, the TCG card should be renamed “Birdman”).

SweetGenocide
02-15-2007, 12:09 PM
This card is awesome!
10/10 for a harpy deck

Harpie_Commander
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM

I use pet dragon a a bit diiferently usually using one of my 3 Hysteric Parties to pull of the combo.I usally have 2 or more cyber Harpies on the field and tribute two of them for my Harpies Pet Dragon, then i use Hsyteric Party to special summon my two Cyber Harpies to the field and there I have 3 power house monsters summoned in the price of one turn.

Attacks.

Cyber Harpie Lady 1800
Cyber Harpie Lady 1800
Harpies Pet Dragon 2600
Total 6300

Rakath
02-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Harpie 1 would be better for that combo:

Harpie Lady 1 (1900)
Harpie Lady 1 (1900)
Harpie's Pet Dragon (3200)
Total: 7000

VENOM123
02-16-2007, 05:39 PM
Harpie Queen looks so sexually explicit. Im not complaining =), But i do think these kinds of arts are inappropriate.

Perentie Fan
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Harpie Queen looks so sexually explicit. Im not complaining =), But i do think these kinds of arts are inappropriate.
Isn't that the same as complaining? In any event, I find unedited Harpie Lady 1 to be more explicit.

One thing you have to understand about the Japanese is they don't view the acceptability of nudity the same way English countries do. Not that they think everything is appropriate but this is nothing compared to some stuff. Harpie Queen to me actually looks more like a elegant goddess than the more vicious dominatrix Harpie Ladies.

VENOM123
02-16-2007, 09:07 PM
or,to you, and everybody else, she looks damn hot =) I MEAN LOOK AT HER CLEAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!

AND P.S.- Complaining and thinking are totally different.

Perentie Fan
02-16-2007, 09:24 PM
or,to you, and everybody else, she looks damn hot =) I MEAN LOOK AT HER CLEAVAGE!!!!!!!!!!
Well yes, but you seen one buxom body you've somewhat seen them all, I think its that combined with the hair, eyes, face and wings that make the art the most appealing.

AND P.S.- Complaining and thinking are totally different.
It just seems to be a contradiction, saying you think the art is inappropriate while at the same time saying you don't mind it.

Zalde
02-16-2007, 10:22 PM
I'm not sexually attracted to her at all (or any women...) but I still see her beauty.

And there's nothing wrong with her outfit. She's revealing, yes. But if you had that body, wouldn't you wanna flaunt it?

KuroKarasu
02-16-2007, 10:36 PM
I'm not sexually attracted to her at all (or any women...) but I still see her beauty.

And there's nothing wrong with her outfit. She's revealing, yes. But if you had that body, wouldn't you wanna flaunt it?

Exactly. :)

Rakath
02-16-2007, 10:58 PM

Depends on the season, in winter a cute snowbunny outfit might be better for ones health.

Anyway, I wouldn't mind an edit that was stylish and non-obvious.

marhawkman
02-18-2007, 10:28 AM
Kinda like Omotics? I really do think that one wasn't badly done.

Rakath
02-18-2007, 05:35 PM
Omotics had one problem, but that was a problem with the water pour effect. It didn't match up in the edit because it wasn't properly adjusted. But yeah, that's not too bad.

Vash the Duelist
02-21-2007, 01:54 AM

I agree that the art for this card is awesome and I already know that it is going to be censored. My only hope is that they do not censor it too much. Since they have to censor it I suggest covering the side of her breast but that is it.

MegamiTennyo
02-21-2007, 03:58 AM
Lol I bought 4 packs of FOTB(OCG) and i got none(today)!! I hope to try my luck for the queen tomorrow. Btw, speaking of harpie queen, I hope more harpie cards like this are produced in the later packs or changing the rules of the other harpie ladies. BTW up till now i have not seen a picture of the card !!! can anyone post a pitcure of the card for me pls? Thank You:)

Sameshima
02-21-2007, 04:22 AM
Why are people so aggro about a revealing card being edited?

Are people so desperate to see a female in bondage? Because it certaintly isnt the "Princible of the Matter".

MegamiTennyo
02-21-2007, 05:51 AM
I am not sure. Although i feel that unedited cards are cooler than those edited ones .(^^). Well maybe its because of the whole harpie getting better cards but their artwork are so... ... which are going to get edited to ... ... i do not know what to say just like the Foxkids version vs the Japanese version of yu-gi-oh lol. Good thing is more Harpie cards Yay!!!!:D

Rakath
02-21-2007, 09:25 AM

Are people so desperate to see a female in bondage? Because it certaintly isnt the "Princible of the Matter".

Its that the edits, more often than not, are ugly as sin.

My rule of 'good edit' is that I can look at the card and not see the edit unless I'm holding it side by side to the original. (Cyber Harpie Lady, for instance.)

A bad edit I can tell is obviously changed just based on card context or incredibly stupid art. (Taunt, for example.)

Perentie Fan
02-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Lol I bought 4 packs of FOTB(OCG) and i got none(today)!! I hope to try my luck for the queen tomorrow. Btw, speaking of harpie queen, I hope more harpie cards like this are produced in the later packs or changing the rules of the other harpie ladies. BTW up till now i have not seen a picture of the card !!! can anyone post a pitcure of the card for me pls? Thank You:)
There are small images of Harpie Queen in the sigs or as the avatars of a number of members, you'd have to never look at other people's posts to have not seen her here. For a larger picture just go to the main Force of the Breaker thread.

Vash the Duelist
02-21-2007, 01:49 PM

How would you feel is someone told you to edit your artwork just because some people might be offended? Yes, Rakath is right some of the previous edits to cards were very ulgy. Some cards needed to be edited though *points to Dian Keto card*.

KuroKarasu
02-21-2007, 04:00 PM
How would you feel is someone told you to edit your artwork just because some people might be offended? Yes, Rakath is right some of the previous edits to cards were very ulgy.

Seriously. I actually made a decent-looking edit, but I'm SURE Konami will do worse...

Sister Princess
02-21-2007, 04:14 PM

Harpy Queen is much more unique and crucial than Water Dancer, Black Magician Girl and other edited girl cards.

Sasuke Uchiha
02-21-2007, 04:20 PM
I have 4 copies of this card now, and let me say this:

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

I'm showing this thing if in my match class, and my teacher comes and confiscates the card. At the end of the period, I get it back with this comment:

"Nice card, Keiron. You have rgeat taste."

o.O Only in math class.

KuroKarasu
02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
I have 4 copies of this card now, and let me say this:

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

I'm showing this thing if in my match class, and my teacher comes and confiscates the card. At the end of the period, I get it back with this comment:

"Nice card, Keiron. You have rgeat taste."

o.O Only in math class.

That's awesome. Wish my math teacher was like that! :D

My math teacher has prophetic dreams about calculators. That's about as interesting as he gets. XD

Sasuke Uchiha
02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
That's awesome. Wish my math teacher was like that! :D

My math teacher has prophetic dreams about calculators. That's about as interesting as he gets. XD

That's not very interesting though.

Man, I pain for you (I'm paining now anyway). My math teacher let's me play YGO or video games, or I can leave class early so long as I finish my work first, which only takes like, 15-20 minutes.

That's when we (the classmates) usually have my OCG tournies. Tis fun.

Akatsuki
02-21-2007, 07:54 PM
Got 9 copies of this card. I got more than 6 copies of each field searcher. I gotta say they look cool.

My friend opened like 3 FOTB boxes just to look for a Sapphire Pegasus, and he didn't want anything else. So I just took pretty much all the good rares.

reww
02-23-2007, 09:44 PM

The pick I saw reminded me more of 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager, except some ripped clothes. I see no Bonadage there.

I do have a question on the ruling though. Is it not considered a regular harpie lady, so you can have like 2 of these and 3 other harpies(cyber, 1,2,3, ect.)?

perzeus
02-24-2007, 12:09 AM
The pick I saw reminded me more of 7 of 9 from Star Trek Voyager, except some ripped clothes. I see no Bonadage there.

I do have a question on the ruling though. Is it not considered a regular harpie lady, so you can have like 2 of these and 3 other harpies(cyber, 1,2,3, ect.)?
that's right, she is only considered a harpie lady while she is on the field or graveyard, not in the deck, so in deck construction she's a different card from harpie lady

Clear1
02-24-2007, 07:48 PM
for some strange reason, Harpie Queen reminds me of Mion/Shion from Higurashi...

cashman_11
02-27-2007, 06:55 PM
Here's a pic of a fake english version. :
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/126/harpiequeenum1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Romancer
02-27-2007, 07:46 PM
I just got my Harpie Queens the other day. It's funny how fast she and neo chaos sold out. It didn't even take 12 hours on Ideal808. Now that I have her in my hand, I cna honestly say, while a very lovely card art, and while much cuter than the more serious looking Harpie Ladies, she honestly isn't more sexy than Harpie Lady 1's revamp art. She does show more leg, which appeals to leg men (not a bird joke), but she has less cleavage, smaller breasts, and leaves more to the imagination from the angle they chose to draw her than the revamps. If I had to rank her in terms of sexiness, she is second of the Harpie family to Harpie Lady 1, and in terms of cuteness, she is second to Harpie Girl. Playability wise, she is probably about second or third behind Harpie's Pet Baby Dragon and Harpie Lady 1. Overall, she's number 1 for finally bringing a bird deck together as a whole. All that remains is a Bird Masked Dragon clone searcher that fits the deck's visual aesthetic, to replace those nasty Dragon Fly attribute searchers.

Now if only Konami would be so kind as to make a game rule change to allow 3 of every Harpie made, we'll be in a good way.

Perentie Fan
02-27-2007, 08:03 PM
While I love her art, she does confuse me a bit as her left arm seems to lack a hand. That is looking at her arms it seems like you should be able to see a bit of her other hand in the space provided, yet there is no evidence of even her wrist on that arm.

At least its not as visually jarring as figuring out how Storm Shooter's wings are designed (some kind of wierd double wing on each arm it seems).

Hopefully they'll appear on some other card arts, much like how seeing a baby Space Beast Ganleil (sp?) on a new card in Force of the Breaker revealed what the rest of its body looks like.

Romancer
02-27-2007, 08:35 PM
While I love her art, she does confuse me a bit as her left arm seems to lack a hand. That is looking at her arms it seems like you should be able to see a bit of her other hand in the space provided, yet there is no evidence of even her wrist on that arm.

At least its not as visually jarring as figuring out how Storm Shooter's wings are designed (some kind of wierd double wing on each arm it seems).

Hopefully they'll appear on some other card arts, much like how seeing a baby Space Beast Ganleil (sp?) on a new card in Force of the Breaker revealed what the rest of its body looks like.

It's assumed to be behind her wing. The wing is prettier and gets more attention than the claw. Or, you can count her as Konami's ongoing moral support for amuptees. Both Comamnd Knight and Princess Curran are part of that club. Konami respects amputees, just not the female sex... Go figure.

Perentie Fan
02-27-2007, 08:46 PM
It's assumed to be behind her wing. The wing is prettier and gets more attention than the claw. Or, you can count her as Konami's ongoing moral support for amuptees. Both Comamnd Knight and Princess Curran are part of that club. Konami respects amputees, just not the female sex... Go figure.
Ah... amputees... that explains how the harpies keep gaining and losing thumbs/fourth claws...:D

However, I do see what you're saying. Looking at the design of her wings and how her left and right ones are extended in a different manner, it would be possible for her to have curled up her other hand out of view, her wrist would just need to be very flexible (and I think we can all assume harpies' bodies must be very flexible).

paariinai
03-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Monsters 19
3x harpie queen
3x harpie lady 1
3x wind emperor riser
1x harpies pet baby dragon
2x hunter owl
3x flying kamakiri
1x harpie lady sisters
1x harpies brother

Magic 14
1x teraforming
2x harpie's Hunting ground
1x snatch steal
1x mystical space typhoon
1x heavy storm
2x smashing ground
1x premature burial
1x pot of avarice
1x nobleman (ppl will actualy be afraid of harpies LMAO)
1x confiscation
2x elagant egotist

Traps 7
1x call of the haunted
1x hysteric party (or -call for +1 hysteric)
1x ring of destruction
1x mirror force
1x torrental tribute
2x icarus attack

well i don know about u guys but this is a damn good start, riser just pwns all other monarchs cuz putting the card back to the top of the deck not only gets rid of the cad (or forces its activation...) but, it sets them back a turn.

plz coment on this ^^