View Full Version : -*-*Please Help This Noob*-*-
01-14-2007, 11:10 PM
Hey, I'm coming from Yu-Gi-Oh! and want to know how this game is.
1. What is your opinion of this game compared to others in terms of difficulty, expense, creativity and future prospects?
2. What are the staple cards in this game and what makes them good? If there aren't staples, what are the best cards/most used ards and why do people use them?
Thank you very, very, very much in advance. I'd love to offer to r/f your decks but I'm an idiot. I'll do it in a month or so once I get good. I prooomise!
01-14-2007, 11:27 PM
1) My opinion: This is a great game with lots of strategy. When you first start playing it may seem like there isn't much strategy involved. Once you start becoming a better player you'll realize it actually takes a great deal of strategy and timing. I've played YGO and MTG in the past, for many years each. The Naruto TCG is a better game than Yugioh, easly. Although MTG is still better than both. The "Super Rare" cards of Naruto can range anywhere from $10-$45, depending on how good the card is. From reading the Japanese spoilers for future sets I can say that this game will get nothing else but better from here on (The best set to come here to America is coming out next month).
2) There arn't any real "Staple" cards, unlike in Yugioh where you must run those cards inorder to have a half decent deck. There are however a few number of cards that many players like to use over other versions of that card. Such as Sasuke [Analysis of Competence]. His effect is a very good effect for a first turn Ninja. Currently, on the first turn he's the strongest Ninja you can have. So that's why he's so popular. Many people also like to use Fire/Water type decks as those types have many different game-breaking card effects. Each type of card in this game has it's own type of "game-breaking" effects. Weither it be a Jutsu or two, or a Ninja's effect.
The Naruto TCG is a very popular game as of now, steadly picking up more players each day. I wish you the best of luck in this game!
Oh, some advice. If you happen to pull any Super Rares from a pack (If you look on the bottom-middle of the card, if it has 0 white dots it's a common. 1 dot is an uncommon, 2 dots a Rare and 3 dots are Super Rares), I would suggest not trading them until you know the game better and can judge weither or not they are any good.
last exile 28
01-15-2007, 08:40 AM
i also came to this game from yugioh and naruto is just awesome.
the future of naruto (looking at the spoilers for revenge and rebirth) looks great
its kinda difficult when u first start
if u play with others that are just starting then alot of rules will be miss read
but once you get the hang of it its really really good
this game isnt really as expensive as yugioh
u get 10 cards in 1 pack
1 rare and 1 foil card (which is either a foil common,uncommon,rare,or super)
but there are only 2 supers per book unlike yugioh's 4
but so far i havent gotten a rare that just absolutely sucks
unlike yugioh were a have plenty
and most of the commons,uncommons are really good too.
there are no real staples (except maybe sasuke aoc)
when he battles a team with only genin ninja he gets +1 attack
which makes him a 4 attack with 0 entrance cost and 0 hand cost
take the advice from Th3D4rkOn3
dont trade any supers or rares (unless you get lots of doubles)
until u do some research
if u have any more questions just pm me :)
though i dont know if i can help u with everything
01-15-2007, 09:27 AM
I would go into a long, drawn out opinion of Naruto, but Im lacking in time right now.
1. Difficulty- 4/10 pretty easy to learn. I gained a decent understanding of the rules and flow of the game in about 20 minutes.
Expense- Dirt cheap.(Compared to other card games such as YGO and MTG) Buy a starter deck, a couple packs, mooch off your friend's commons and you have yourself a decent, playable deck.
Creativity- This is about as good as it gets. I would say the best game currently in terms of creativity.(At least at my shop) Plenty of deck choices, ideas, and builds. And it's only gonna get better as new sets are released. Btw... No ban list!
There really isnt any staples in the game right now. It mostly depends on what elements you run. Although, there are commonly used cards such as Sasuke(AoC), Kurenai Yuhi, Temari (Violent Temper), Naruto(Ntc), Konohamaru (Hokage's Grandson), and Hayate Gekko(Judgement). If you don't know what they do, just google 'em and youll find out.
Good luck with your Naruto experience.:)
01-15-2007, 04:32 PM
Thank you all, this helped so much!
04-12-2007, 05:39 PM
Thank you all, this helped so much!
as a game i think it involves alot more technacality than yugioh
where as in yugioh it was getting to the point where EVERYONE ran the exact same thing i mean where i was going to tournaments everyone ran the exact deck(well not exact but u know what i mean)
in naruto its not abut staples its about who has better timing and knows wen to use a card and wen not too but mostly u gotta get experienced with the game before u can start judjing that
well its unfourtunate to say but yugioh made a much bigger BOOM than naruto but naruto has been making its way into the scene also
u know how i know
CUZZ EVRY DAMM TIME I GO TO WAL MART THEY DONT HAVE BOOSTER PACKSS how does wal mart run outa booster packs is beyond me ...lol
but no seriously its an affortable game good luck with it
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.