PDA

View Full Version : Could Perfect Cell absorb ?

Ultimate Cell
10-16-2006, 02:42 AM
I have a simple question to ask. I was just wondering , could Cell still absorb after he reached his ultimate form ? Now I know GT Cell could but GT is a different universe then Z. I'm talking about Z Cell.

torchamp
10-16-2006, 01:55 PM
I have a simple question to ask. I was just wondering , could Cell still absorb after he reached his ultimate form ? Now I know GT Cell could but GT is a different universe then Z. I'm talking about Z Cell.

no, cell was made to absorb biomass in his firast form to gain enough strength to fight the androids. he was designed to then seek them out and absorb them so as to become perfect. After that he's done, he can't gain power through absorption anymore, his tail is instead used for the purpose of reproduction (cell jr.'s).

Ultimate Cell
10-16-2006, 05:17 PM
no, cell was made to absorb biomass in his firast form to gain enough strength to fight the androids. he was designed to then seek them out and absorb them so as to become perfect. After that he's done, he can't gain power through absorption anymore, his tail is instead used for the purpose of reproduction (cell jr.'s).
Ah thank you.:) That's what I thought. GT created yet another plothole with having Cell absorb in his ultimate form. Not at all surprising. lol.

Final Warrior
10-17-2006, 12:09 AM
where does it say cell can no longer absorb?

Ultimate Cell
10-17-2006, 12:55 AM
Well I can't think of where it says that for a fact but after reading what torchamp wrote i'm convinced he can't. Also in Z when Cell became perfect, his tail shrunk in to his back. In his second stage his tail increased in size after absorbing #17. Once he became perfect he only used his tail to produce the Cell. jr's. He didn't bother to extend it. Apparently because he couldn't.

Power
10-17-2006, 11:50 AM
where does it say cell can no longer absorb?

Cell is, after all, an adroid and has a design, Gero seemingly created #17 and #18 for Cell to absorb. Why did Cell not attempt to absorb Vegeta or Trunks, sure they weren't as strong as Cell, but they would still have provided massive energy.

torchamp
10-17-2006, 01:37 PM
Cell is, after all, an adroid and has a design, Gero seemingly created #17 and #18 for Cell to absorb. Why did Cell not attempt to absorb Vegeta or Trunks, sure they weren't as strong as Cell, but they would still have provided massive energy.

or pssj goku, when he was getting obliterated by gohan

Riazete
10-18-2006, 04:31 PM
as he couldn't extend his tail, he would have been forced to stab them with his butt, which would be an awkward position for a super villil. Honestly though, he could not longer absorb. your point somewhat proves that. cell was smart, i'm sure that if he could have absorbed them, he would have.

Power
10-19-2006, 12:52 PM
There wasn't any indication that his tail couldn't extend, when he became perfect his body became smaller then his second form, I would say his tail retracted to keep out of the way.

Tejada3000
10-19-2006, 01:28 PM
go cell! (best villian period)

Dbm44
10-21-2006, 08:37 PM
I am sure that he could have. Just thought he was strong enough as is. I mean, he is smart, not some blow off like #17.

As for best villian, I say Cooler, then Cell..

Tejada3000
10-23-2006, 07:50 PM
cooler? na ... like ... cooler? ... i mean they only made like 2 movies and cell had what 3 sagas? lol i think that cell is the best character as far as intellegence.

Kur0
11-09-2006, 06:47 AM
I think he still could of absorbed after he became perfect but because of Vegeta's arrogance (best character) he didn't think he needed to.

On another thought do you know what would be cool if he absorbed 16 would there be a form beyond perfect. Frieza thought he was perfect but cooler proved there was more.

TenteiKarite
11-09-2006, 06:50 AM
I actually believe that Cell, being an android and needing to feed on Chi, could absorb normal people, as he did throughout the Cell Saga.

Since there are no more androids for him to absorb in his "Perfect" form, he couldn't absorb them to change his appearance, since they're gone.

-T/K

Kur0
11-09-2006, 10:29 AM
True but as I stated 16 was still around so there was a chance of us finding out

TenteiKarite
11-09-2006, 10:31 AM
True but as I stated 16 was still around so there was a chance of us finding out
Cell wasn't DESIGNED to absorb 16, though.
They're not compatible systems, which is why Cell pretty much annihilated 16, instead of trying to absorb him

-T/K

Hirotto
11-09-2006, 10:39 AM
Cell tried to absorb 16 but couldnt because 16 is a fully mechanical android, NOT a Cyborg like 17 and 18. It was stated that 17 and 18 are technically cyborgs which is why they were absorbed.

Power
11-09-2006, 11:29 AM
When did Cell try to absorb 16?....

Kur0
11-09-2006, 03:16 PM
I was wondering that to but I just did not post it

NevrMore
11-09-2006, 04:52 PM
When did Cell try to absorb 16?....
When he and 16 were fighting after Cell interrupted 17 and Piccolo's fight. Cell stabbed 16 through the shoulder with his tail, but found that he couldn't extract his energy. 16 just pulled his tail out.

Anyway, I sincerely doubt that Cell could have used his tail in Perfect Form, if only because of the way it is shown; Retracted into his back, almost gone. It is vestigial - he doesn't need it, but he hasn't evolved out of it. It's like a toad's fourth finger. It serves no purpose and is growing smaller and smaller until it will eventually disappear. The only reason the end hasn't disappeared is, as stated, it is used for asexual reproduction, as Cell clearly has no genitalia.

Power
11-10-2006, 03:24 PM
When he and 16 were fighting after Cell interrupted 17 and Piccolo's fight. Cell stabbed 16 through the shoulder with his tail, but found that he couldn't extract his energy. 16 just pulled his tail out.

Anyway, I sincerely doubt that Cell could have used his tail in Perfect Form, if only because of the way it is shown; Retracted into his back, almost gone. It is vestigial - he doesn't need it, but he hasn't evolved out of it. It's like a toad's fourth finger. It serves no purpose and is growing smaller and smaller until it will eventually disappear. The only reason the end hasn't disappeared is, as stated, it is used for asexual reproduction, as Cell clearly has no genitalia.

That instance you are referring to is when first stage Cell could not out match 16, and so stabs his neck in an attempt to disable him by piercing his "neurol link", not because he wanted to absorb him - Cell assumed 16 was designed the same as 17 and 18.

When Cell became perfect, his body became more compact compared to his 2nd stage, his tail retracting could simply be to keep it out of the way, to make him more streamlined.

Why would Cells tail be left just for reproduction when he is fundamentally still an android and will live forever, and as far as Gero knew, Cell had no equal, he could not be stopped, the need to reproduce was not needed.
The fact that his tail could still be used can also be taken to show that he could still absorb if he so chooses.

There isn't enough to say definatly, one way or the other.

NevrMore
11-10-2006, 03:52 PM
That instance you are referring to is when first stage Cell could not out match 16, and so stabs his neck in an attempt to disable him by piercing his "neurol link", not because he wanted to absorb him - Cell assumed 16 was designed the same as 17 and 18.
Was it stated that he was trying to disable him? I had assumed that he figured that 16 was too powerful for him to beat at his stage so he tried to absorb him. I didn't think he even knew he was an android.

When Cell became perfect, his body became more compact compared to his 2nd stage, his tail retracting could simply be to keep it out of the way, to make him more streamlined.
This could at first be assumed that he just never used it out of sheer arrogance of his new power, but I find it hard to believe that, as frustrated that he got after being pummeled by Gohan, he never once thought to try and absorb him?

Why would Cells tail be left just for reproduction when he is fundamentally still an android and will live forever, and as far as Gero knew, Cell had no equal, he could not be stopped, the need to reproduce was not needed.
I get where you're confused - I don't mean "reproduce" as in carry on his genetic code, I mean just to help him in battles. Like growing Saibamen, he could create Cell Jr's whenever he needed, that's why his tail did not retract completely.

MooooooCow
11-10-2006, 05:51 PM

The fact that his tail could still be used can also be taken to show that he could still absorb if he so chooses.

There isn't enough to say definatly, one way or the other.

Making stuff up is never good.

Cell was trying to absorb 16 like he absorbs any one else that isn't required for his completion, by stabbing him with his tail to suck out their life force. !6 doesn't have life energy so he can't be absorbed that way. He has to absorb 17 and 18 whole to become complete.

When cell became perfect, the reason for him to absorb people, the androids, disappeared.

Power
11-10-2006, 06:03 PM
It's from the anime, I wasn't at home to check what the difference was in the manga so I went with that and was wrong

http://www.nfsupreme.com/hostees/dranet/mangas/photo.php?file=/Dragon%20Ball%20%26%20DBZ%20Manga/volume31/Db31ch10/db31_148.gif

I agree that Cell could no longer absorb (see earlier posts), I'm just throwing some arguments out there for discussion. Becoming perfect eliminated the need for Cell to absorb but does that necassarily mean he can not?

It was obvious to everyone that 16 was an android, just not aware he was fully robotic, the assumption is that anroids 20, 19, 18, 17 have no lifeforce, so why did Cell attempt to absorb non-existant energy from 16?