View Full Version : Top 5 best characters for SSBM
04-25-2004, 10:45 AM
Ok, simple, post you 5 best characters in order from 5th best to 1st best.
5. Roy/Gannondorf. Reason for there being two is because it was originaly Roy, but after countless hours of doing the 50th event match with Gannondorf...(when I was a beginner)...I learned to basically master him.
4. Link. First character I ever played with
3. Mario. Can't go wrong with Mario's Z+Left or Right.
2. ICE CLIMBERS!!!. Make fun of me all u want but I spend countless DAYS! just sitting down and facing 3 level 9's in single button mode at Final Destination.
And 1. Falco. I could never quite master Fox's speed, so I went over to falco and mastered his arieal attacks which gives me a great advantage and him the 1st best slot.
04-26-2004, 03:26 PM
ya i agree i really hait frieza to he was so sure of beeting goku but he lost well not really he came back as metal frieza witch i found really sucked because trunks killed him so fassed and his dad as well and I HAIT HIS ATTITUDE problume GOKU SHOULDA KILlED HIM but trunks tould hole of him :D
04-26-2004, 04:14 PM
Manny this isn't DBZ.
5- Fox. I don't use him much but I still do good with him.
4- Samus. I reasently started using her but I guess I'm good enough to call her fourth best.
3- Peach. Other than number one I use her alot, more than 2 but I don't do as well.
2- Shiek. I don't use Zelda but shiek mainly, I don't use her as much as the others but she is quite easy to play as.
1- Marth. I've rached up many hours with him, more than all the other characters combined, so I should be good with him.
04-26-2004, 06:24 PM
hmmm...i never really thought of a top 5, but i guess i can make a list:
5. Roy, yeah im good with him, but hes easy to get down.
4. Mewtwo, i like using him for fun, but is slowness hurts him.
3. Ness, i played him alot in the origina SSB, so im used to him.
2. Pichu, I think pichu is very underrrated, i useed him untill i got my #1 Character.
1. Falco, his blend of speed, power, and technical skills are awesome. He is my fav character to play, and i always provide a challenge to my opponents when he is used.
04-26-2004, 07:07 PM
5. Marth simply because I never got the hang of him
4. Roy: easier to master than Marth, but I never got to far with him
3. Mewtwo: I'm still breaking the psychic kitty in, but I can somewhat dominate in Classic mode
2. Bowser: I can execute his attacks well, but I've never really spent that much time with him
1. Kirby: My best character. I've mastered (somewhat) his grabbing system and I use it whenever I want to be a kamikazi. Not to mention, the little puffball's very maneuverable.
04-26-2004, 07:29 PM
My personal top 5:
5. Capt. Falcon: i just do decent with him.
4. LInk/Young Link: I maneuver both these about equally well, so it hard to make a decision. Theya re both very playable and quick when needed to be.
3. Roy: "Nuff said. Just a good character all around.
2. Pikachu/Pichu: But mostly PIkachu. He doesn't seem like much, but put him under my control at the Hyrule Palace and prepare for pandemonium.
1. Shiek: Probably the best character in the game once mastered. She is the biggest threat of all myu top 5.
04-28-2004, 04:18 AM
5. Link-Hylian Beatdown Boy
4. Roy-Master of the Counter
3. Zelda/Sheik-Transforming Magical Ninja Girl
2. Pikachu-Electro-Rat of Fury
1. Gannondorf- Physical Assault Machine
04-28-2004, 08:10 AM
Well.. I've made up a team of who I consider the "Dream Team" to be. I use these guys all the time against my opponents..
5. Captain Falcon (great amounts of speed..powerful..)
4. Link (raw power here. He's well equipped.)
3. Ganondorf (of course, Link and Gandy hate each other, but hey, this is the dream team, LoL. He's slow, but he's extremely powerful.)
2. Marth (He's just versatile. He's not limited to one thing.)
YOUNG LINK! He's speedy, and the most versatile character in the game, IMO. He's well equipped, just as Link is. He's not the most powerful, but I play with him well, and win..most of the time, LoL.
The list changes sometimes..like Y. Link may drop out of the #1 spot sometimes..but he's still king.
04-28-2004, 09:02 AM
04-28-2004, 11:35 AM
1. Samus - I'm know her ranged attacks can be reflected but and good Samus player knows how to deal with that. She has a nice balance of speed and weight. Given that she is a heavy character, she still has great jumping abilities. The only real problem she has is low priority air and anti-air attacks. Not that her Jump + Up + A attack isn't good enough to catch a pesky Falco. ;)
Best Moments: Sweep kicking people continiously on the lower level of Hyrule Temple. Hitting someone with a fluke charged shot.
2. Roy - speed and brawling power. His counter also makes for some humorous KO's. Since the sweet spot of his sword isn't the tip he's a much better close combat swordsman than Marth. Much better anti-air than Marth.
Best Moments: Countering and hitting with the final slash of the Double Edge Dance.
3. Marth - similar to Roy however much more defensive. His Dolphin Slash has more vertical height giving him a slightly better recovery.
Best Moments: Countering and hitting with the final slash of the Sword Dance.
4. Link - Samus with a sword. He lacks the speed, finesse, and counter of Marth and Roy but makes up for it in ranged attacks. Great for keep people on the defensive. Good anti-air and diving attacks.
Best Moments: Sword diving.
5. Zelda/Sheik - very light and fast. I've tried many hours of practice but in the end she's never a brawler for my likings. I always end up being tossed around for the first minute of a match before getting a hit in.
Zelda : Good ranged annoyance attacks and a reflector. Very powerful Jump + Back + A Lightning Kick.
Sheik: Charged ranged shot but nowhere as powerful as Samus'. Her Chain is a great annoyance tool against human players and can get some nice hits in if done correctly. Yet another character with a powerful Up Smash.
Best Moments: Up Smashing people into the sky.
04-28-2004, 11:54 AM
#5 young link _hes so speedy and I like the way hes arrows have control sorta
# 4Captain-falcon So strong
#3 Samus-she is strong yet so fast
#2 Shiek-the only reason I'll ever choose zelda
#1 Jigllypuff-YA she rules lol just kidding
the real #1 Falco- Just becous
Why does no one pick Donky kong,Dr mario,Lugi,jiggly puff or pichu
05-01-2004, 09:21 AM
1. Marth- he is very agile, and yet packs quite a punch
2. Yoshi- when you learn to master him, he can become quite an opponent.
3. Link- Although Link has a disadvantage for not being very mobile, he has a strong attack.
4. Zelda/Shiek- Sheik is very lighty and very hard to attack due to his speed, and Zelda is pretty much the opposite, which is why they are great characters.
5. Roy- Although he isn't very mobile like Link, he also has a good attack.
05-01-2004, 09:45 AM
5. Ice Climbers-The 1st char. I used in SSBM
4. Fox-He's super fast and has alot of juggling moves.
3. Dr. Mario-I chose him b/c my other bros. chose Mario and Luigi and I got stuck w/him, but I kick ass w/him.
2. Ganondorf-He's one of the easiest char. to use IMO
1. Roy-I didn't like at first, but doing the practice mode for 2 hours and playing him in battles, he's my main character.
05-02-2004, 12:10 PM
1. Dr. Mario - This guy is actually a really amazing fighter; you just have to know how to use him
2. Kirby - Everything in one portable little package
3. Link - Perhaps a little slow, but still dependable
4. Young Link - Very quick and agile, though lacks a little in power
5. Peach - How can you not like someone who uses vegetables as weapons?
05-05-2004, 06:05 PM
5) Link: Ive sort of mastered the attacks of Link, but not a lot of them.
4) Roy: Good, strong attacks, but easy to defeat.
3) Mr. Game and Watch: Because he's 2-D.
2) Kirby: Because he can steal the enemies looks and abilities.
1) Ganondorf: He Rocks!! Some of the strongest attacks in the game, but he is too much like Capt. Falcon.
Lost Digi Girl
05-06-2004, 07:13 PM
I very rarely play, but when I do, these are the people I work best with(okay, i don't die as quickly with)
1. Zelda(I like magic, and the spell that moves you has saved me a bunch of times. Don't do so well with Shiek though)
2. Kirby(flying, rocking, fun. I do pretty well with him)
3. Link(not so well, but still fun)
5. Ice Climbers(two for the price of one.)
05-06-2004, 08:00 PM
My best or the best?
1. Sheik: Crazy Comboing abilities. Easy to master.
2. Fox: Has an Infinite Combo and Combos. The hardest character to master.
3. Marth: Better than Roy in ALMOST every way. Hard to master because of SHFFL combos.
4. Falco: Best Spike in the Game, Great aerials. Hard to master because of shine combos and SH Lasers.
5. Peach: A NO LAG SMASH that does 30+, one of the best projectiles. Moderately hard to master.
5. Kirby: Crouch Cancel, Down Tilt, Wave Dash, Repeat...
4. Ness: Okay comboing abilities...
3. Sheik: How can you NOT be good with her?
2. Pikachu: Best all-around smashes in the game, best up smash
1. Jigglypuff: Crouch Cancel Rest and Wall of Pain
EDIT: Scanned the topic... look at all the Roy users o_O
Marth is stronger, faster, has a better spike, has a better combo ability, has a longer sword, better grabs, better tilts, harder to KO off the side, better recovery (even though both of them suck), harder to combo due to floatiness, less lag on smashes, and a longer lasting counter (even though you shouldn't use it).
Roy is harder to KO off the top, better down smash, stronger throws (but they can't chain), stronger counter that hits in a downward arc (even though you will get grabbed when playing competitively), and better to fight against the CPU (because they run into your Flare Blades, not that you should be using that against humans in tournaments).
EDIT 2: The List, thanks to Crater12 and AwRulez:
All attacks are hit with their respective sweetspots (Roy Center, Marth Tip)
Marth: 20% uncharged, 27% charged
Roy: 20% uncharged, 27% charged
Marth: 18% uncharged, 24% charged
Roy: 16% uncharged, 22% charged
Marth: 16% uncharged, 21% charged
Roy: 21% uncharged, 28% charged
Who has stronger A moves?
Marth: 7% uncharged, 28% charged
Roy: 6% uncharged, 50% charged
Marth: 4% 5% 10% 14%
Roy: 5% 6% 9% 11%
Roy: 1.5x attack countered
Who has stronger B moves?
Who has stronger throws?
Who has stronger moves overall?
And 4 of those points came from throws that are a MERE 1% more damage, but that shouldn't even be factored because Marth can chain throw and Roy can't.
No fanboyism, just pure stats you can get for yourselves in training mode.
Marth has also many, many other advantages..
He's better with an aerial game
And chain throwing (with up and forward, which Roy can't do)
And being one of the best edge-guarders in the game.
And having insane range.
But in particular against Roy:
He has better recovery (usually).
Hits harder at the tip, which gives him an advantage, allowing him to lay on the hurt from longer ranges.
He is heavier (but floatier).
He is floatier (harder to be comboed, better aerialist)
We're not counting speed.
He has a better grab.
He can chain throw effectively.
He is a better wavedasher.
He is stronger when comparing sweet spots and non sweet spots.
He has what is considered to be the second best spike in the game.
05-07-2004, 07:18 AM
5. Young Link
1. Ice Climbers
05-07-2004, 08:59 PM
Another Roy user o_O
05-07-2004, 09:06 PM
1= Best Character
Here are my pics.
1. Fox- My absolute best. It takes a while to master his speed but its worth it.
05-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Mine I guess:
1. Marth- Good thing he has pants in SSBM. -_-
2. Zelda/Sheik- I've always done good with her always for some reason.
3. Samus- Just like to use Samus a lot, I dunno why actually ^.^
4. Young Link- Pretty well rounded character, pretty speedy.
5. Capt. Falcon- Who knows why I actually use him. seriously, I don't. lol
05-23-2004, 12:04 AM
3. Fox-was my main until friend stole him from me
4. Falco-was my main until friend stole him from me
5. Peach-my main character
05-23-2004, 04:25 AM
Whats shine and spike moves???? anyways mine is.
I think thats correct i havnt played in soooooooooooo long and its 6:15 am
05-26-2004, 11:22 AM
My 2 best characters are Marth (look at my name) and Pikachu, i am also decent with both Links, Roy (hes a lot like Marth) and Ice Climbers
05-26-2004, 07:30 PM
Roy is NOT like Marth. He is a LOT weaker... see my earlier post...
05-26-2004, 08:36 PM
05-26-2004, 08:53 PM
i am just trying to say that roys moves work the same as marths, like they have the same specials. You might be thinking that just becuz Roy lights yer opponent on fire he is different? lol
05-27-2004, 01:59 PM
Fire does nothing.
See my earlier post for differences... obviously Marth is way better.
05-27-2004, 08:37 PM
well yea marth is much better he is faster and just plain better but roy has the same special moves...i hope you can understand me clearer now
05-28-2004, 06:04 PM
Believe it or not, Marth has better specials.
B neutral: Both wont get a fully charged effect, yet Marth will still be able break parts of sheilds with this one.
Side B: Marth's is better for recovery. In battle, Marth's is faster but Roy's is stronger.
Up B: Marth's is a lot better. Comes out faster in recovery, so its harder to spike. Roy's is slow and laggy and easier to spike. Never used in battle.
Down B: Marth's lasts longer. Roy's is stronger and effective if timed right. Timed wrong, and you WILL be punished.
05-29-2004, 01:44 PM
I still have yet to unlock some of the characters, so this list may change.
05-29-2004, 02:36 PM
5 ice climbers
vBulletin®, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.