PDA

View Full Version : 95% joey the passion deck

Brian R
02-26-2005, 12:15 PM
i know everybody is going to call this deck lame, and i know it breaks the first rule of deck-building horribly, and i don't know how it would fare in tournaments, but ... i got this game around x-mas time, and i wanted to make a deck where i won every freaking time i played, period.

i was running about 60 cards, but just decided to up it to 80 for the bloody heck of it

it's a joey-the-passion deck, and it wins about 95% of the time. 19 straight matches and 38/39 actual duels so far today on level 9 (the hardest level)

Monsters:
3*vorse raider
3*gemini elf
3*mystic tomato+
1 witch OTblackforest
1 sangan+
3*giant germ
3*giant rat +
3* nimble momonga
2*barrel dragon
1*jinzo
1*cybertech alligator
3*fiend megacyber
2*zombyra the dark
2*kycoo
3*shinign angel +
2*copycat
cyber jar

= 36 monsters

spells:

change of heart
snatch steal

harpies feather duster
heavy storm
3* mystical space typhoon
3* giant trunade

3* fairy meteor crush (vicious against his ever-present scapegoat)
3* tribute to the doomed
3* axe of despair
1* malevolent nuzzler
1* mage power
1* united we stand
3* scapegoat
1* premature burial

=26 spells

traps:

3* torrential tribute
3* michizure
3* fairy box
1* ring of destruction
1* magic cylinder
1* call of the haunted
2* 7 tools of the bandit
2* magic jammer

=18 traps

toal = 80 cards

now this isn't some finely tuned machine, but ...

the re-generating monsters (angel, tomato, rat, germ, momonga) are necessary because you WILL WILL WILL (maybe 8/10 or 9/10 duels) get mirror force, ragekit, etc.

so part of that game is just dealing with building up momentum and then having all your monsters wiped out. you just have to accept htat it's gonna happen.

cylinder, TTribute, fairy box, michizure, ring, and scapegoat are to weather the inevitable mass-monster-removal that you will face, and the searcher monsters REALLY help too, because they keep you from getting direct attacks up the wazoo after you get rageki'd

call of the haunted, reborn, nad premature burial are so diluted in this 80 card deck, but they can come in handy to replenish after mass-removal

and the beatsticks have obvious purpose...

now, i tried running a jinzo deck to survive mirror force, fairy box (which joey wins about 60% of the time), etc... but he just gets rageki'd or dark holed, or you can't get him out consistently enough, or joey summons a skull and just tomahawks him...

and i didn't win this high of a %

i tried running an organized searcher/tribute deck, but i wound up having to dilute it with gobs of traps for mirror force survival...

also, he runs one deck that has 3*needle worm, 3*morphing jar (s), 3* gravekeepers servant and so forth, and he OFTEN gets 2 of the gkeepers servants out fast, and you run out of cards if you don't have alot (the goal was to always win)

this is what works the best for me to-date. You can wean it to about 65 cards...

anyway, insults and comments are welcome, just a FWIW post

Brian R
02-26-2005, 12:22 PM
anyway, his basic decks are:

card throw-away (needle worms, morphing jars, cyber jar, gravekeepers servant, etc.). that deck is 1000% toast when you run 60+ cards, you can eventually just beat-stick him or run him out of cards. you'll hit a mirror force or get ragekied, but you can get over it as he has no abundance of powerful monsters (really) in this mess

kinetic soldier deck - his biggest PITA deck. giant rat, kinetic soldier, soldier penguin, rigas leever, axes and mage powers and united we stands, DNA surgery, gravity bind, mirror force, metalmorph, fairy meteor crush - his basic strategy is to use kinetic soldier awesome effect combined with DNA surgery to make an absolutely non-beatable beast. I still lose to this deck sometimes, which sucks. your best bet is jinzo, but he'll get united we stand + 3 monsters often enough to make that risky as a total solution. he can only have 3 kinetic soldiers, and you just have to rely on TTthedoomed and the traps to get rid of the freaking things.

Exodia: sometimes he'll get exodia in 5 turns, nothing you can do about that really, but he has useless monsters, and this is his easiest deck - you just beat him down

fusion: one time he got 2* black skull dragon on turn one, and he runs fusion gates and polys, but by and large this isn't a hard deck to deal with

and he has sort of a generic beatdown deck, which is easy

mostly it's just dealing with the fact htat you are going to get mass monster removal used against you... and you don't get any dark holes, or mirror forces, or ragekis, which sucks

i had kaiba the revenge installed before installing joey

have fun

Leeterbots
02-27-2005, 08:51 AM
Hi, lemme just comment...

Monsters:
3*vorse raider
3*gemini elf
3*mystic tomato+
1 witch OTblackforest
1 sangan+ This also isn't needed, you don't have too many weak cards
3*giant germ - You don't really need this...
3*giant rat + This is also not needed...
3* nimble momonga
2*barrel dragon
1*jinzo
1*cybertech alligator - Too many tribute cards already. I would remove this.
3*fiend megacyber - This card isn't needed, you have too many monsters already - rarely will you special summon this.
2*zombyra the dark
2*kycoo
3*shinign angel + This card won't be of much use to you - I'd remove it.
2*copycat - This card is pretty much useless too - by the looks of your deck, your opponent wouldn't have any monsters anyway.
cyber jar

= 36 monsters

spells:

change of heart
snatch steal

harpies feather duster
heavy storm
3* mystical space typhoon
3* giant trunade - I'd remove all of these, you have a lot of M/T removal as it is...

3* fairy meteor crush (vicious against his ever-present scapegoat) I'd lower the count to 2, and maybe you could replace the whole thing with Big Bang Shot since it also gives you 400 ATK bonus
3* tribute to the doomed - I'd take all of these out.
3* axe of despair
1* malevolent nuzzler - I'd remove this, you have a lot of equips going.
1* mage power
1* united we stand
3* scapegoat - I don't know why you'd need these, they'd just clog up your bench...
1* premature burial

=26 spells - Where's your pot of greed?

traps:

3* torrential tribute - You wouldn't need these, you're too dependent on your monsters. And isn't this card limited to one each?
3* michizure - I wouldn't say you'd need this either. Your monsters do enough destroying as it is.
3* fairy box - too costly, I'd remove all of them.
1* ring of destruction
1* magic cylinder
1* call of the haunted
2* 7 tools of the bandit
2* magic jammer

=18 traps

toal = 80 cards

I could beat you with my Exodia deck... =P

Brian R
03-06-2005, 12:52 AM
hee hee

maybe, dude, but joey can't, and i guess that was the point.

i cut it down to 60, threw out the light searcher thread and some of the traps, and put all beat-down monsters in the side deck

i've won 51 straight matches and counting, and there is no way i'd have a chance against his card-toss deck if i ran 40. too many needle worms, all of which are usually drawn in the first hand, lol

Leeterbots
03-09-2005, 03:30 PM
You know, I think you have the wrong idea...

There are a few ways to counter Needle Worm -
1. Have a lot of useless cards you can dump
2. Nobleman of Crossout
3. Ceasefire

Reconsider your options.

Brian R
03-10-2005, 02:13 AM
You know, I think you have the wrong idea...

There are a few ways to counter Needle Worm -
1. Have a lot of useless cards you can dump
2. Nobleman of Crossout
3. Ceasefire

Reconsider your options.

hi leeter, the idea was just to see if i could contrive something that would win every single match i played.

i run ceasefire and 2*nobleman in my current 60 card rig. the odds of having them in hand, and landing them on a needle worm aren't total or even necessarily great, whether you run 40, 60, 80, or even 20 cards.

so, to bank on having right card in hand, and playing it at the right time boils down to luck. for no reason other than i'm an insomniac and get bored in the wee hours, i wanted to see if i could win every freaking time, and that can't have a luck component. since the post above, i'm 96-2 in matches, my streak got slit at 56.

not too shabby. I understand the logic behind a 40 card deck, and i appreciate it. but i'd wager there is a way to make a big deck that worked against humans, and i doubt there's a way to make a small deck work nearly every time against the 'puter.

take it easy

Brian R
03-10-2005, 02:16 AM
and, for fun, that logic could be applied to anything. there is a way around anything.

why ban rageki? it's no big deal, just have a magic jammer handy. why run jinzo in your deck when he can just get killed by any one of myriad spells. etc.

Leeterbots
03-10-2005, 05:56 AM
You're trying to counter everything?

Consider what your deck aims to do, rather than what the opponent aims to do.

Besides, you could draw Crossout and Ceasefire faster if you had less cards - I'd suggest a painful choice for a massive deck like that.

nightwolf0215
03-10-2005, 12:03 PM
I have never seen any deck that needs to exceed the amount of 45 cards per deck, and the deck that need to have more than 40 cards a deck should be a deck-destruction deck. Any cards over 40 will just make the chance of drawingthe card you need smaller. I see absolutely no need to make a deck of 80 cards, instead, why dont you try a smaller amount of cards, say around 17-20 for monsters, 12-15 for magics, and 5-8 for traps. The deck doesnt need to have the exact amount of cards that I just said, but the proportion should be around that unless you are building a special type of deck that depends much on a specific type of cards.

Brian R
04-06-2005, 10:25 PM
hey guys, i 1000% get the logic behind 40 card decks

in this case i win (in the joey game) maybe 95-98% of matches, you lose once every couple of weeks. i guess the deck doesn't need improvement, and i can't figure out another way to win that frequently.

And yes, leeter, the goal was to win every single duel against this game, and so you have to sort of counter everything, and run a no-formal-strategy deck, and this is how to do it. :)

for joey the passion fans, i kept simple lame stats for 100 matches, just for the heck of it (with the edited deck below)

197-16 won-loss for duels
98-2 w-l for matches
in 213 duels he used mass-monster removal (torrential, mirror force, dark hole, rageki) 239 times, or a bit more than once per duel. that's the basic challenge - he WILL wipe your side of the field clean basically every duel, which is a PITA
this was all on the 9-star level, which gets boring because he cycles just a handful of basic decks. if you get bored, losing 20 times in a row to knock yoruself down a few levels can at least inject some variety into the pass-time

my goal was to win 100 straight matches, i've never gotten higher than the 50's

98% joey deck:

jinzo
2* fiend megacyber

3* vorse raider
3* kycoo
2* slate warrior (i'd run 3, but i only have 2)
2* dancing fairy (i'm reasonably sure this card sucks and could be thrown out)
1* rigras leaver (i'm going to pop 3 of those in, and take out the fairies)

earth searcher chain
3* giant rat
3* nimble mom...
3* dimensional warrior

dark searcher chain
3* mystic tomato
3* giant germ
witch
sangan
cyber jar

spells & traps:
equip: 3*axe of despair, united we stand, mage power, 2*fairy meteor crush
rebirth: monster reborn, premature burial, call of the haunted
take away his cards: confiscation, delinquent duo, 2*robin goblin
anti-magic: 3* MST, 2* dust tornado, harpies feather duster, heavy storm
monster-killing: 2* fairy box, 2* torrential tribute, 1* offering to the doomed, 2* nobleman of crossout
point-taking: magic cylinder, ring of destruction, ceasefire
monster stealing: change of heart and snatch-steal
and for the bloody heck of it, a scapegoat

66 cards

side deck: 3*kinetic soldier, 3* white magical hat, torrential tribute, fairy box, 2*crush card, robin goblin, skull lair, forceful sentry, dust tornado, offering to the doomed

side deck swaps:

against his exodia deck i throw out scapegoat, cyber jar, fairy boxes, TTributes, offering to the doomed and throw in th ewhite magical hats, dust tornado, sentry, and a couple of kinetic soldiers

against his kinetic soldier deck (the biggest PITA of his level-9 decks), i throw in 3* kinetic soldier, offering to the doomed, tornado, and skull lair. i throw out somethign or other, lol

you can make switches against other decks, but it doesn'tn really matter

general strategies: against exodia. he'll dark hole and TT you all the time, sucks. don't ever kill his sangan or witch, as he has 10,000 monster-rebirth cards in his deck and can quickly use witch/sangan to get all 5 exodia pieces. wait until you draw a dimensional warrior or a rat, and just tomahawk the rat into a thunder dragon to get a dimensional warrior and get those two (witch/sangan) out of play

always play a search card for your first (or only if later in the game) monster if at all possible. rat/tomato/germ/nimble

dimensional warrior is there to get pains-in-your-rear off the field and out for good. exodia pieces if one winds up on the field, kinetic soldiers, barrel dragons, skulls, super-strong fusions... i just take the big life poitns hit to get them out of play. this game has no means of returning things once they are out of play, so... get one exodia piece out of play and it's game

if i draw torrential tribute, i just don't summon a monster and kill whatever he summons his first turn

always leave a monster in defense mode if you don't KNOW mirror force is in the grave or not in his hand

and the general winning formula for me is get field control and bash life points.

always win if you can, kamikazi attacks with germs are cool

jinzo is easy to get out, kamikazi with a tomato and then witch

don't worry about losing life poitns with a few 1500 damage kami attacks, worry about having field control

i don't have pot of greed or graceful charity or painful choice or mirror force or dark hole or rageki...

i think those come with the yugi game, but i have none of the yugi cards. but WTF, you basically always win with this deck, so i guess you don't need 'em

Brian R
04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
also, he usually won't spring mirror force if you're monster would LOSE the battle, so kami attacks with mirror force down can sneak by sometimes

he won't attack anything with less than 1900 with goblin attack force

i almost never set cards, the 800 life points you take aren't worth the risk of a nobleman

Leeterbots
04-07-2005, 09:03 PM
It's an improvement...

jinzo
2* fiend megacyber - Take these out. They just don't belong...

3* vorse raider
3* kycoo
2* slate warrior (i'd run 3, but i only have 2)
2* dancing fairy (i'm reasonably sure this card sucks and could be thrown out) - You're right. Toss it out.
1* rigras leaver (i'm going to pop 3 of those in, and take out the fairies) - describe this card please?

earth searcher chain
3* giant rat - Don't need this
3* nimble mom... - Don't need this either
3* dimensional warrior - And you don't need this. D.D Warrior Lady is better, but she's Light. I'd ditch the whole Earth line.

dark searcher chain
3* mystic tomato
3* giant germ - take these out
witch
sangan
cyber jar

spells & traps:
equip: 3*axe of despair, united we stand, mage power, 2*fairy meteor crush
Take out 1 axe and the meteor crushes. You don't want to be topdecking those when you're in a jam...
rebirth: monster reborn, premature burial, call of the haunted
Rebirth is always good.
take away his cards: confiscation, delinquent duo, 2*robin goblin
If you want to make it a theme, play a few magic thorn and card destruction. Otherwise I'd ditch everything but the Delinquint Duo.
anti-magic: 3* MST, 2* dust tornado, harpies feather duster, heavy storm
Take out one dust tornado - or both.
monster-killing: 2* fairy box, 2* torrential tribute, 1* offering to the doomed, 2* nobleman of crossout
Fairy box is uncommon... but I suppose you could use it very well.
point-taking: magic cylinder, ring of destruction, ceasefire
monster stealing: change of heart and snatch-steal
and for the bloody heck of it, a scapegoat - with all your attack power and searchers already, you don't need a scapegoat.

66 cards