PDA

View Full Version : How to Be a yugioh Vendor?

ayoubani
11-22-2011, 01:36 PM
Can someone Tell me how to be a yugioh Vendor?
From where do i buy low

SpaceshipsFTW
11-22-2011, 01:43 PM
Sell cards

mudkip66
11-22-2011, 01:45 PM
follow the advice above

BananaHat
11-22-2011, 02:00 PM
where to buy low? i think you need to be recognize as a business owner in order to get low prices for boxes in bulk amount. The more you buy the cheaper it is.

Other wise just start by buying a few boxes and opening your own website or ebay store.

Kirakishou
11-22-2011, 02:09 PM
How low do business owners get them?

Lord Raizen
11-22-2011, 04:46 PM
How much of a discount they recieve depends on how much they purchase.

chinese_$ensation
11-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Get a business license.

Neonian
11-22-2011, 06:39 PM
you could be a yugioh vending machine if you let people put coins in your orifices and then gave them a random card from a little pouch or something.

It seems like it'd be a more Appropriate job for you.

But if you still want to be a vendor, then you need to sell cards high and buy them low and make literally everyone despise you.

TeslaMouse
11-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Unless you have a vendors liscence, good luck getting anyone with a lick of sense to sell at half values.

RayND
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Unless you have a ****ing license like ^ said or actually own a store/booth/stall, you're NOT and never will be a vendor.

Damn kiddies need to stop getting it in their head that they can actually be some kind of YGO mogul like they're some big shot drug lord running a cartel or something. You're a savvy trader who knows how to rip people off, we get it.

crimsonblade18
11-22-2011, 07:25 PM
Actually, TheBestTrades thinks he's a good vendor. Lol. It's absolutely pointless to be a vendor. Instead of wasting hours making **** amounts of money, you might as well get a decent job. I make $120 anytime I decide to pick up a Shift. I make more than what vendors make and I'm just a college student. Lol.

master Debator1001
11-22-2011, 10:06 PM
hustle hard
deal like a boss
then youll be makin bank like RANDY!!!!!! moss

JazzAm
11-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Actually, TheBestTrades thinks he's a good vendor. Lol. It's absolutely pointless to be a vendor. Instead of wasting hours making **** amounts of money, you might as well get a decent job. I make $120 anytime I decide to pick up a Shift. I make more than what vendors make and I'm just a college student. Lol.

^^This

Anyway, Id rather work my ass off all day doing something to earn my cash than make a few pence a week by ripping off children and special people....

Coolsway
11-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Get a licence

From where do i buy low
Konami or maybe even ebay

Austin4Chargers
11-25-2011, 04:26 PM

You guys obviously don't know anything about being a vendor.
1 You need a buisness liscence to buy product.
2. You do not buy your product straight from Konami, if you do, then you are an idiot.
3. There are a plethora of people who will sell to just random people for half what the card is worth. Alot of people value cash more than cards.

mpeis007
11-25-2011, 05:27 PM

Uhm no . I make 21euro/per hour on average , the 2 days of the week I am out selling card IRL and I am not even accounting the few thousands I make off ebay every month , so yeah , there are exceptions...

chrisoyola
11-26-2011, 11:39 AM
If you are asking, you can't become one.

Most non-licensed vendors were excellent traders prior to making money. You need capital to buy collections and cards minimum of $500. You need an established customer base, whether it be the guy at the local with every card, know a bunch of guys who spend money on the game, being a well-known online trader, or having alot of feedback on ebay.

You must have locals that are thriving everyday. You don't have to go everyday but at least make trips several times a week to sell and pick up. I know a few vendors who started by solely playing for cards and now vend at YCS's. You must make trips to regionals and YCS's regularly. You need to establish connections with stores and other vendors finding out their buy lists. You must know the prices of all hot cards, collectibles, and commons/rares. Commons/rares are probably the easiest cards to profit from since most people will value it at nothing/throw-ins, while you can easily move them for $2-5 each.

Quite frankly, I would never do it despite always having a good binder. Its very time consuming, whether people admit it or not. You have to deal with Yugioh players, which we all know can be very irritating. Everyone tries to juice, people hold onto cards with all their might, etc. You do have a target on your back for thievery, which is a problem in NY and at major events(shouldn't be a deterrent but you must know this fact). If you have the time, resources, connections, and enjoy the game, might as well make some money while you're at it.

Trapstar1991
11-26-2011, 11:55 AM

he not a vendor i asked him to show me a pic of his business license and he wouldn't and i asked him to send me the address of his store it just a house
and if he is a real online store how come he only takes paypal as a gift

he a fake vendor and i will not support him

From where do i buy low

1. Get a business license.

2. buy product cheap from a wholesale store

3. pick up stuff for cheap from people if they ask for proof that you are vendor show them the business license.

4.Sell On Ebay and At Regonials/YCS If Konami lets you

crimsonblade18
11-26-2011, 01:08 PM
Uhm no . I make 21euro/per hour on average , the 2 days of the week I am out selling card IRL and I am not even accounting the few thousands I make off ebay every month , so yeah , there are exceptions...

But, are you keeping in mind the cost? You have to subtract that from the amount of money you make to get your actual profit. :/ Plus, I doubt many people would be able to stand in a room full of smelly people, so I guess that's a thumbs up for you for being able to do that.

Additional Comment:

he not a vendor i asked him to show me a pic of his business license and he wouldn't and i asked him to send me the address of his store it just a house
and if he is a real online store how come he only takes paypal as a gift

he a fake vendor and i will not support him

1. Get a business license.

2. buy product cheap from a wholesale store

3. pick up stuff for cheap from people if they ask for proof that you are vendor show them the business license.

4.Sell On Ebay and At Regonials/YCS If Konami lets you
Yeah I know. Raffi is just bull****ting. He's just a high school student and is trying to rip off people.

mpeis007
11-26-2011, 01:58 PM
@crimson
Obviously . I study economics . :p that's 21euro of profit ,not to mention that after all this years of accumulating cards,anything I currently own(8monster binders of good stuff) has already paid for itself through all the trades I ve done so far. I bare the smell because I really like buying selling trading , even mores than playing. XD

TeslaMouse
11-26-2011, 10:21 PM
Yeah I know. Raffi is just bull****ting. He's just a high school student and is trying to rip off people.

Unfortunately, he seems to be rather successful.

ny_ygo_collector
11-27-2011, 11:49 AM
If you are asking, you can't become one.

Most non-licensed vendors were excellent traders prior to making money. You need capital to buy collections and cards minimum of $500. You need an established customer base, whether it be the guy at the local with every card, know a bunch of guys who spend money on the game, being a well-known online trader, or having alot of feedback on ebay.

You must have locals that are thriving everyday. You don't have to go everyday but at least make trips several times a week to sell and pick up. I know a few vendors who started by solely playing for cards and now vend at YCS's. You must make trips to regionals and YCS's regularly. You need to establish connections with stores and other vendors finding out their buy lists. You must know the prices of all hot cards, collectibles, and commons/rares. Commons/rares are probably the easiest cards to profit from since most people will value it at nothing/throw-ins, while you can easily move them for $2-5 each.

Quite frankly, I would never do it despite always having a good binder. Its very time consuming, whether people admit it or not. You have to deal with Yugioh players, which we all know can be very irritating. Everyone tries to juice, people hold onto cards with all their might, etc. You do have a target on your back for thievery, which is a problem in NY and at major events(shouldn't be a deterrent but you must know this fact). If you have the time, resources, connections, and enjoy the game, might as well make some money while you're at it.
Well said.... You have to be business-minded, on top of knowing whatever it is you know about the game itself.....

crimsonblade18
11-27-2011, 04:35 PM

Not really. He lost half of his collection a few months ago when another player ran off with it.

I'm assuming he had to ask his parents for additional money to buy additional cards at this point. There's no way he'd be able to basically double his collection that quickly without having to shell out a ton of money.

Yu-Gi-Oh's not really profitable. The card prices drop really quickly, and you only make a few bucks from ripping people in trades (like buying low and selling high). It's a children's card game, so what can you expect? :P

Trapstar1991
11-27-2011, 05:44 PM

Because people are dumb enough to sell him cards and buy from him i dont support him in anyway if more people did this he wouldnt make money

TeslaMouse
11-28-2011, 02:31 AM
Not really. He lost half of his collection a few months ago when another player ran off with it.

Talk about bad karma XD

Because people are dumb enough to sell him cards and buy from him i dont support him in anyway if more people did this he wouldnt make money

Yep. I don't know why anyone would sell that low o.o

DunnoBro
11-28-2011, 08:27 AM
ThatbestTrades guy is definitely not a real vendor, he gets his values from ebay. All of them. He may buy like one, but doing business on pojo is obviously not that lucrative. And with apparently no base site/store on ebay, i doubt he's as successful as he tries to let people think :p

Anyway, as per the topic... everyone else pretty much hit the nail on the head, but in order to make all of that worth it, you'd have to dedicate a lot of time to it. Time which, I don't feel is worth it personally.

You're better off just investing in singles, it takes less time, less money, and can be just as if not far more lucrative. (obviously not as safe though)

mpeis007
11-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Yu-Gi-Oh's not really profitable. The card prices drop really quickly, and you only make a few bucks from ripping people in trades (like buying low and selling high). It's a children's card game, so what can you expect? :P

It can be , it is not easy though, I ll give you that .You need some foresight , good knowledge of values( people trading ask me for my values on their trade before they do it , seriously) , a starting capital to invest at the start ( this is important, the money you make is directly relevant to the money you put into it) and obviously liking what you do . I absolutely love it and being in every major YCS/euro sinc they started here , I got to say Friday before the event is my favorite day of the trip ( for obvious reasons ;) ) .And definitely there is not a lot of space for a lot of people to try do that in each area.

Additional Comment:

Talk about bad karma XD

Yep. I don't know why anyone would sell that low o.o

Which one you talk about ? Because I am a bit lost with you american traders. :P

Trapstar1991
11-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Which one you talk about ? Because I am a bit lost with you american traders. :P

This Scum claims to be a vendor but wont show proof (http://www.pojo.biz/board/member.php?u=99990)

crimsonblade18
11-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Lol, my cousin did happen to sell the majority of our collection for around 20% trade credit to fund our Heroclix collecting. The only problem is that I'm in St. Louis now for college while he's still back in MN, so we don't get to play as much XD

RayND
11-28-2011, 07:34 PM
What's the big deal with vendors anyways? They tend to undercut when buying and overprice when selling. At best, you'll be getting market value. Do you guys get mad deals from vendors or something? If not, what's the big deal?

Just buy on eBay or trade so you can get better deals.